Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IC - Wyoming In the Dusk [Hunter/Mortal Game]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sikla Alkis
    started a topic IC - Wyoming In the Dusk [Hunter/Mortal Game]

    IC - Wyoming In the Dusk [Hunter/Mortal Game]

    WoD: WYOMING IN THE DUSK

    A Mortal/Hunter the Vigil Game with GMC Rules



    Wyoming. One of the least populated states of the Union, almost perfectly square in shape, and troubled with an alarmingly high suicide rate. Not much happens in this flyover state, perched between mid-America and the former Old West; neither monster nor mortal has any special interest in it. Despite what might be the case in other states, the archaeological sites out here do not have much in the ways of artifacts or ley lines, and the small population means that victims (or potential food) are not as common. On the radar of the major hunter groups, there's little reason to have a strong presence out there, though organizations like the Union may rally around the cities. With so little to offer, it's not much of a place for many to flock to....

    But this is the World of Darkness. Everything is true, nothing is impossible, and there's always a chance someone has a reason to kill you.

    OOC Thread:
    http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/general/conventions-and-gatherings/play-by-post/151040-ooc-wyoming-in-the-dusk-hunter-mortal-game
    Dice Roller (link to your roll): http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/

    The Cast:

    Brian Devereux
    Age: 33
    Organization: Lucifuge
    Player: BridgeWarden
    Appearance:


    Born in France, family came to live in Northern Virginia around 1985. Discovered his infernal heritage in college, resulting in his first accidental summoning. Luckily the agents of the Lucifuge found him before too much damage could be done. He traveled to Milan briefly, before being shipped off to Wyoming for Lady Lucifuge-only-knows-why. Perhaps it's a punishment for his naive convictions about using dark powers for good. Perhaps it's because of some dire need his conspiracy has for him to go there. Perhaps Bigfoot. Regardless, he was shipped home and is driving up to Wyoming with a trunk full of arcane goodies for summoning banishing infernal beasts and the like.

    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _


    Vincent Mortain
    Age: Early middle age (?)
    Organization: Ashwood Abbey
    Player: proindrakenzol
    Appearance:
    Height: 5'8"
    Weight: 140lbs
    Hair: Dirty Blond
    Eyes: Brown
    Appearance: Handsome and Fit


    Vincent Mortain is a semi-Professional archer and a trust fund kid. He graduated Harvard with gentleman's Cs with a degree in Humanities. After graduation he spent his time traveling the world hunting big game and exotic entertainment (preferably female and humanoid, but, eh). He recently came to the attention of the Ashwood Abbey at a high-society soiree, word of his interests and skill having made its way to them. Vincent is interested in what thrills the Abbey can bring him.

    He is in Wyoming due to rumors of creatures to hunt, while there he will procure the most lavish accommodations possible - preferably with a multi-car garage and stables.


    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __


    Eulalia Bonner
    Age: 42
    Organization: None
    Player: crapcarp
    Appearance: N/A

    Eulalia had studied psychology in the city, but went straight back to her hometown when she was done as she tired of the city-life(her hometown is basically wherever this chronicle starts, as I never lived in Wyoming). Since then, she has held a small psychology clinic that she runs by herself and has a stable, though small, clientele. She employs a unique technique for her patients, in that she lucid dreams about them after her sessions with them, gaining invaluable insight from her sub-conscious. This allows her to dig deep into her patient's psych and solve problems that would take most psychologists and psychiatrists far longer to do, and even ones that they would miss. She has a poly-phasic sleep pattern in which she sleeps for 20 minutes every 4 hours to do this. She has mastered lucid dreaming to such a fine degree that she gained clairvoyance through it, allowing her to gain even more insight by seeing into the lives of her patients. Despite her small notoriety in her town and specialist circles, she still has a small clientele. Because of this, there may be times where she doesn't get quite enough to sustain her lifestyle, as humble as it is, and has been pushed to make small and sparse shoplifts from time to time.

    She is very courteous and polite at all times, even when others are being extremely rude to her. It takes quite a lot to make her snap at someone. Having such an intimate knowledge of the human mind she can manipulate practically anyone to do her bidding through simple conversation. However, she knows that she could easily abuse her abilities and become corrupted, so she keeps herself humble to prevent this from happening. Due to her many years of psychology, she has learned all the darker aspects of humanity, giving her a pessimistic worldview. She is fully aware of the greater aspects, but she genuinely feels that oftentimes the worst of people is brought out more than their best.

    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __


    Piero J. Abelli
    Age: 25
    Organization: None
    Player: ocel
    Appearance:
    He kind of looks like that character from Dishonored, tall, lanky, thin, wearing thick glasses, baggy eye lids, casual clothes, when not working, likes jeans and khakis, cotton shirts and such.


    Piero J. Abelli was born on April 15th, 1989, in Albany, New York. His mother, Emily Miller, grew up in Wyoming, Michigan, where her father, William, worked, refining oil into gasoline, kerosene and other goods. William's wife, Jillian, was a stenographer for one of the city's courthouses. The Millers moved to South Orange, New Jersey on 1968, September 8th, reaping the fruits of their labors. Emily enrolled in Seton Hall University a year later, she met a young man there named Daniele Abelli. They married on 1979, November 12th, in the university's chapel, shortly after graduating. -- His parents encouraged him to pursue an academic career at an early age. He became a paramedic on 2012, May 5th, for one of the hospitals there. The place was robbed a year later; he was there that day, hiding in a closet, overhearing them shout to the personnel, demanding to load stores of blood onto their truck. Afterwards, he was sent to witness protection, in a remote corner of Wyoming...
    Last edited by Sikla Alkis; 05-28-2014, 02:31 AM.

  • Magnusar
    replied
    As the men shove piero into the car Talahan gets his cellphone from his jacket and press speed dial it does not take two ring before someone answer

    "This Talahan the ENE has been captured, it opposed some resitance but nothing serious three bystander involved two man and one woman. One man escaped on foot and is considered armed and dangerous and on the run the other one is in custody and the woman departed by car request class 3 manhunt use extreme non lethal force to capture the subjets" he hangs up after getthing an answer and gets in the cruiser.

    (Talahan calls upon is backup in TFV to find Eulalia and Vincent using info from the driver and possible plate number from Eulalia's car)

    Inside the cruiser Talahan observe Piero and goes through his wallet before answering "I'm afraid it is, you have been into contact with a dangerous chemical compound that can affect you brain and state of mind, it should pass in a few hours and it should not leave any after effects but for now I am not taking any chances."
    Last edited by Magnusar; 08-21-2014, 03:17 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • ocel
    replied
    He sits there, staring at his handcuffs, thinking, well, isn't this a fine mess you've gotten me into... His eyes, now meeting Talahan's for the first time, slowly adjusts to the lighting. "Is all this really necessary?" He sighs.
    Last edited by ocel; 08-17-2014, 09:54 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • crapcarp
    replied
    Getting out of the car, Eulalia does another reality check. [Perception = 6 dice: 1 Success]

    While she knows for a fact that she's awake and experiencing reality at the moment, the events from before have shaken her to the point that she's only barely sure. It doesn't help that her sleep schedule was interrupted, so she's a little fatigued as a result. Good news is that she'll have time to sleep after she's had a session with her patient.

    "Hello, I'm Eulalia Bonner, I'm here to see your daughter," she greets the mother as professionally as she can currently muster, "Sorry I'm late, there was an unusual amount of traffic and a car crash on the road. I hope I haven't made you too worried."

    Leave a comment:


  • proindrakenzol
    replied
    Vincent looks at his watch to see exactly how long it's been (he was watching CNN during the incident, which has a timer ticker). If less than two hours have passed he sets up a small camp (6d10.hitsopen(8,9)=3) to make himself comfortable. If more than two hours has passed he begins to head back towards the road, stealthily (6d10.hitsopen(8,10)=4).

    Leave a comment:


  • Sikla Alkis
    replied
    -{OoC: It's almost afternoon, and you would be heading south, but there's a side route you can take to get back north again. }-

    Piero:

    You never get your answer as Talahan's men step forward. You and the girl are both pried apart, though it feels more like someone is trying to rip your brain from your skull. As the both of you are separated, the woman screeches, kicks and acts like a maniac, leaking what amounts to clear water now; her nails try to gouge deep into the officers. Her voice is reverberating and tinny in your head, and your knees are weak — you are completely helpless to resist being manhandled. The men know this, and they slap a pair of cuffs on you as you are herded into one cruiser. The woman is herded into another, and it's only when the door slams do you feel the pain in your head stop.


    Eulalia:

    You're definitely not dreaming. Everything that just happened is terrifyingly, horrifyingly real, even if it belongs more in some twisted dreamscape. No one is following you or tailing you, thankfully; you are free to continue on to your desperate patient.


    ~ SCENE CHANGE ~

    Piero and Talahan:

    The pain in your head has faded, but you still feel weak and dizzy. The cruiser with the woman has disappeared, and the Talahan man is sitting in front of you in the passenger's seat. This isn't like any cruiser you've seen before; the inside is outfitted with several small screens, the police cage is made of thicker material, and the doors are armoured from the inside. It looks as much like a moving prison cell as it does a car, but you wouldn't be able to tell from the outside — the windows are terribly tinted. One might wonder if the level of darkening they have is even legal.

    Vincent:

    You're not sure how long you've been wandering but it's fair to say that you're in the middle of nowhere. The forest has given way to open plain, a small waterhole the only break in a sea of sky and grass. The sun now indicates it's almost afternoon (if not afternoon already), and birds chirp merrily in the distance. No one is following you, but there's a coyote drinking from the waterhole. It looks up, and gives you a wary glance before running away.

    Eulalia:

    After looping back around off a southbound route, you finally reach your destination. There is a car in the driveway, and chickens cluck around and behind it. A figure waits in a kitchen window, only to flit towards the door as soon as it sees your car. That must be the mother of the trobuled girl.

    Leave a comment:


  • ocel
    replied
    "Wait," he interjects. "You can hear that too?" Turning to Talahan, or as much one can under these circumstances, sounding quite surprised to hear him say this.
    Last edited by ocel; 08-10-2014, 11:22 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • proindrakenzol
    replied
    Originally posted by crapcarp View Post
    The car crash scene fading from view, she does a quick reality check. Why she didn't think to do one before alludes her. [Perception = 6 dice: 2 Successes]

    Elude, not allude.

    Leave a comment:


  • crapcarp
    replied
    Seeing her ticket out of here, she jumps at the opportunity, desperate to get out of whatever mess she's in. [Dexterity + Stealth + Willpower = 5 dice: 3 Successes]

    She then drives off, heading for her patient. [Wits + Drive = 4 dice: 1 Success]

    The car crash scene fading from view, she does a quick reality check. Why she didn't think to do one before alludes her. [Perception = 6 dice: 2 Successes]

    ((A reality check is a fundamental technique that all lucid dreamers do to determine whether they're awake or dreaming. There are all sorts of different ways to do this, from plugging your nose to see if you can breathe to looking at a clock twice to see if the time's completely changed. Whatever the method, the essence of the technique isn't so much as the actions in and of themselves, but rather raising awareness in one's perception and memory. The actions are merely tools to make the job easier, the actual job is asking yourself "Am I awake, or am I dreaming?" and focusing on your perception and memory to get the answer.

    Mechanically, a reality check uses the same dice pool as Perception, but it's used to determine whether or not the character is dreaming. Failure results in the character assuming they are awake even when they're dreaming.

    By the way, would she be heading north? Also, what time is it roughly? I know I asked before but I didn't get an answer, so I ask again.))

    Leave a comment:


  • proindrakenzol
    replied
    Vincent waits for the police to be looking the other way before hustling away. 7d10.hitsopen(8,9)=2

    Leave a comment:


  • Sikla Alkis
    replied
    Everyone:

    Nice work, Vince — you manage to outwit the officers enough that you can safely dive into the bushes. With frustrated shouts, they hurry into the nearby foliage to try and track you, but you are as crafty as a fox. Despite the fact you're relatively well-hidden, you'll still need to find a way to escape, as the cops have swarmed your limo and are planning to have it towed; your driver is nowhere to be seen. The entire road is a mess of smashed cards, angry personnel and oncoming rescue workers, the chaos only making it harder for the cops on the road to concentrate. (Roll Wits+Survival to successfully get away; you have a +1 to your dice pool because you're ahead of the officers)

    The woman still has her grip on you, Piero, and she digs her nails deep enough you feel like they're going to break the skin. With a snarl to her echoing thought-voice, she says, "And what if I don't want to? I technically have a hostage here. You don't have your fancy lead cuffs with you. You said the last job was my last job, and then you let me go — no ifs, ands or buts. You gonna go back on your word and drag civvies into it, too?"

    Eulalia, it looks like, with the cops occupied, you can pull out and head to the other lane if you're quick. There's a gap in the crowd, so it'll be hard to hit anyone; now's your chance to make a clean getaway. The woman and Talahan won't be distracted forever. (Roll Dex+Stealth to get to your car, and then Wits+Drive to get away safely; Magnusar gets to roll Perception on both rolls to try and catch you)

    Leave a comment:


  • Magnusar
    replied
    Talahan turns is attention towards the woman and puts is notepad back inside is jacket.

    " I'm here because of our deal, your services are required once more. So stop playing and get in the car we don't have the luxury of time on this one. Officers make sure these two don't leave yet and find the other one and arrest him I have questions for him."

    Leave a comment:


  • ocel
    replied
    Ye Gods! What kind of drugs is this woman on?! Piero musters up what little strength he has left in his feeble body and tries to free himself from the clutches of this fiend. (OCC: Here are the results of my roll.)
    Last edited by ocel; 07-30-2014, 04:44 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • crapcarp
    replied
    "Wait, these two know each other?" Eulalia thinks as her eyes dart between Talahan and the "woman". Whatever was going on, the situation was clearly spiraling out of control. She had to get out of here, so she looks for a way she drive out.

    (Perception = 6 Dice: 3 Successes)

    Leave a comment:


  • proindrakenzol
    replied
    Vincent looks around for some sort of foliage or something to hide behind. (Wits + Survival w/ 9 again 6d10.hitsopen(8,9)=2)

    If he finds something he attempts to hide in it, otherwise he continues to try to hide within the crowd. (Dex + Stealth: 6d10.hitsopen(8,10)=3)

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X