No announcement yet.

[IC][Exalted 2.5]Chained in Nightmares

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Let's be smart about this people. You don't have to do what I just did." Alek was trying to think quickly. Time was of the essence. Making rafts or a makeshift bridge would take valuable time the diving team probably didn't have. "Break out ropes or cables if you have them. Try and find something secure that you can tie it off to so we can stretch it over this gunk. You can shimmy across. After you tie it off attach something heavy, like a chunk of metal, to the end and toss it to me. Let's move, people!"
    Last edited by Belkra; 07-31-2014, 01:33 PM.

I play forum games! Come check out the (mis?)adventures of
    Jensven Vargsmed and his canine companion, Shadow in "Forging a Nation" (OOC, IC)
    ...or the Prodigal of Ashen Remorse in "Emerald Labyrinth" (OOC, IC)

Comment

It takes a few tries, but the squad is able to toss a rope of braided leather across, tied to a chunk of crystal.

Masters of the Industrial Elements
      Upon the Rock of Tradition: The Memorial Exalted
      Ghosts: A Revision (2nd Edition)
      The Underworld (3rd Edition)

Comment

Alek picks up the crystal just after it lands and searches out a sturdy support to tie the rope to. He will heave on the support a few times to test how sturdy it is. After his concerns about the stability of the tie-off are addressed he deliberately makes sure it is tied up almost as far as he can reach. Then with a twang on the rope he will motion the first of the squad across.

Jensven Vargsmed and his canine companion, Shadow in "Forging a Nation" (OOC, IC)

Comment

After an initial attempt with two on the rope that almost ends in disaster when the rope dips dangerously close to the corrosive oil, the squad begins crossing one at a time. After the first three make it across and the fourth is about a fourth of the way over, you hear a skittering somewhere in the paneling above you. Within moments, a pair of bizarre biomechanoids scuttles out of the damaged paneling and down a loop of dangling, grime-covered hose. The things are obviously of gremlin manufacture. Six legs, crafted from ribs and finger bones strung with gears and cables, sprout from the underside of a jawless human skull. One eye socket in each skull is a gaping black hole, the other a red, mechanical eye.

Comment

"Look alive, People!" Alek calls to the squad. He holds his sledge in one hand and starts to focus his elemental powers into his other hand. "You, on the rope! Fall back to the others. Double time!" The Ironsoul will turn to the three on his side of the spillway. "If you have some means of shooting those things, make it happen. If we can get their attention, I can get to work with my hammer."

"Help get your squad-mate off that rope!
            " He shouts to the remaining four guards still on the far side. "Covering fire if you can provide it, a helping hand if you can't. Prepare to intercept the gremlins otherwise!"

I will roll Wits (2) + Awareness (3) for a Join Battle action. This gives me one success. Not good. I am trying to think of ways that I can get my War ability to interact with trying to command the rest of the squad and get them in gear. So far, I have come up with nothing.

Comment

I hope I haven't given the wrong impression. The gremlins are out over the rope, above the sludge, not above the flat area where you are.

Comment

I was under the impression that the gremlins were above the rope. This is why I had Alek give the orders to shoot at the gremlins to distract them/get their attention and get the guard that is on the rope off to make them less vulnerable to attack.

Comment

Join Battle rolls for the gremlins and the squad. The squad is the second roll, so that puts things like this:
                  Tick 0: Squad
                  Tick 1: Gremlins
                  Tick 2: Alek

As most of the squad draws axes or strings a shortbow, the man on the rope begins to clamber back the way he came as quickly as he can. The gremlins drop with a stilted nimbleness to catch the rope, with one of them skittering after the man on the rope and the other extending a barbed tentacle from its other eye socket to begin sawing at the leather.

Sorry for the long delay on this one. So many other things on my mind. I'll also be camping for the next week, so it could be a while before I can respond to the next update.

Comment

It's alright about being away for a bit. I don't expect you to be chained to the computer or something like that.

Okay, on to the action. If any of the gremlins are in range of my Metal Bolt Attack, I would probably use that. I would prefer to target the one going after the guard, but I will target whichever one I can reach. If I can reach none, it's going to be time to try and hop out toward a fool until I can target them, again in that order of preference.

Comment

Aspect Bolt Attack has a base range of 200 yards. The spillway is 20 yards across. I believe that means you are in range of both gremlins.

Comment

"You are a coward if you can only attack a man that can't fight back!" Alek shouts as he brings his left hand down to his hip. A ball of metal starts to form in that hand as if it was liquid coalescing into a solid state. "Face me if you want a fight!" The Ironsoul thrusts his hand forward and the ball shoots toward the gremlin going after the guard.
                        Sorry about the late reply. I kept remembering I had to do this only when I was using a malfunctioning keyboard.

I will attack the one closest to the guard on the rope with Metal Bolt Attack and combo-ing with Excellency of Metal for 1m. This costs me 4m and leaves me with 14. This allows me to roll Dexterity (2) + Metal (1) + Essence (1) + Excellency (1) + Stunt (1) or Six Dice. This roll comes up with one success...

With the stunt reward of 2m I am back to 16m in my pool.
                        Last edited by Belkra; 08-29-2014, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X