(Recruitment Thread) Zodiac Beasts, OOC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Recruitment Thread) Zodiac Beasts, OOC

Actual RP Thread is located here: http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/g...-zodiac-beasts

The Zodiac Beast thread is designed for up to 13 people although we do not need to fill out the whole roster if that seems a bit too much for you guys. Not every slave manages to escape, after all. Anyways, these are the spots we currently have available.

Story Teller: Taking the role of the Keeper, who's toying with the players for their own amusement. Players are pretty much dancing to his tune while simultaneously trying to find a way to escape.

Keeper - Thorbes (I had to drop out)

Players: Incarnations of the Chinese Zodiac, all of them Beast seeming. The beasts are somewhat Anthropomorphic, meaning they still have access to their humanoid appendages. That should come in handy when you're trying to pick a lock or solve a Fae puzzle!

Due to the restrictive nature of everyone being members of the Beasts, and in order for them to not be mindless animals, I encourage players to be Dual Kith, preferably with the second Kith being from an alternate seeming.

Rat - Open

Dog - Open

Goat - Evilmarmelade

Dragon - Open

Rooster / Chicken - Open

Ox - Cire

Rabbit - Open

Pig - Gaius

Horse - Open

Snake - Open

Monkey - Open

Tiger - Open

The roles are first come, first serve. Whoever claims it gets the spot. Just list the following in your submission

Role:

Kith(s):

Character Description:

Short Bio:
    Last edited by Nyrufa; 09-16-2015, 06:18 PM.

If possible, I would like to play in this game. If it is open, I would take the Pig role, as that is my own Chinese Zodiac sign.

Role: Oxen

Kith: Beastling

Year of Birth: 1985

Character Description: Jessica Sparks is very short and slim with smooth features. She has short, brown hair, and dark brown eyes. She has a tattoo of a scarlet sports car on her left shoulder blade.

Short Bio: Jessica Sparks is a locksmith from Mankato, Minnesota. She is annoyed by modern art (a passion of an ex), but a sucker for fast cars
    . Jessica has a weakness for vanity, and strives for diligence. She also collects keys and figurines. She lives with her three cats and Curtis, boyfriend. Her favorite drink is brandy.
    Last edited by Cire; 08-01-2014, 12:27 AM. Reason: To add year of birth

Comment

My Zodiac is the rabbit... a fire rabbit, apparently.

As for Kith, I meant things like Hunterheart, Riddleseeker, and stuff like that. Beast is their seeming. I'm not sure if Kiths can be crossed between different seemings, but I think they can. Like a Swiftrunner + Gristlegrinder.

Also, thanks for signing up. I was afraid nobody was interested.

Comment

I think kiths can be taken from different seemings. I will give some more thought to me. Perhaps it will become clear with time.

As to interest, I would not be surprised if there are others who are interested, but lack the time due to other projects. It is for that reason I passed up several games that looked good, but I decided I just missed being player too much. I have just vowed to myself I won't let this game keep me from doing my level best for the one that I am running.

Comment

Aww, seriously? The Pig had been the one I'd been eying and then BAM, first one gone. XD I admit that's disappointing, but I'm more amused than anything. Let's see if any of the other 10 start speaking to me...

Kudos to you on trying to balance your various games, Cire. It's a tricky thing to manage, but very fulfilling.

On the matter of Kiths, they generally serve as a "specialization" of sorts within the Seeming (so something playing up strengths of the animal side), but cross-Seeming Kiths are fine with ST approval. This could easily just be baked into this game's assumptions.

One thought is also that some Changelings sort of "grow into" their Kiths over time, or develop them based on circumstance. It could make sense for some people to start without a Kith (or with only one), and then pick one/two/another up in play as appropriate.

I've sometimes seen houserules that characters can start with the Dual Kith Merit for free, giving them two Kiths to pick out, typically one in-Seeming and one from wherever. It can lend more freedom toward concepts a player finds interesting.* I think that option could work well here: one Kith might reflect the particular animal's traits, while the other (if used) might go toward something else (maybe related to the sorts of tasks the Keeper sets, or further cruelties it inflicts, or whatever else).
          EDIT: Just saw you'd already mentioned the Dual Kith bit in the game description. Whoops! The rest still seems relevant.

* I (regrettably only briefly) played a Nick Bottom-like fellow, using the Broadback and Minstrel Kiths (the latter refluffed as a Thespian). Can't remember if I went with Fairest or Beast with his Seeming...

As one final point you'd raised in the game description, I don't think taking a non-Beast Kith is necessary. Strictly speaking, if we were going strictly by what the books say is typical, just having a Beast Seeming would have the mindless animal trait locked in for most of the Durance. The game's being flexible there in the name of an interesting story, so I don't think there's reason for a Kith limitation. If someone just wants to play up a character's animal side in the Kith(s), whether driven mostly by instinct or not, I think that should be fine.

Hmm... No idea about a concept...
          Last edited by Gaius; 07-23-2014, 09:56 PM. Reason: Missed the bit on Dual Kiths.

The EX3 What We Know Wiki, courtesy of Marin and JMobius
          Nishkriya, the EX3 Freelancer Quotes Tracker, courtesy of Anathema and Moonwolf
          The White Wolf Forum Archive, courtesy of The Dark Wizard and Sanctaphrax (see its Patreon)
          Arrghus: There's also the Shepherd of the North Star, busily guiding the one thing in all the heavens that doesn't move.

Comment

Gaius, I would be happy to switch from the Pig. I have no real attachment. As I said, I simply picked it because I was a pig. Please take it.

Comment

Piggy gets lots of love, it seems. :P

By the way, I may decide to take the role of Keeper after all. I may not know much about the game, but playing the villain has always been my specialty in free form RP's. And Changeling does give me the opportunity to really "cut loose"

Comment

Great!

With your permission, I'll switch to an Ox. Anything I can do to encourage another player is to the good in my view.

Comment

Permission... GRANTED

Comment

Thank you. Editing now!

Comment

Also, I'm going to go ahead and claim the Keeper spot. I'll try to be as disturbing and twisted as the role demands.

Comment

Well I'm trying to keep this paced so if anyone else wants to join in, Cire's character won't leave them behind. Then again, maybe scattering them throughout this mad house would be even more fun. O_O

Comment

I also plan not to leave behind other players. Although maybe you are right about it being fun if they are scattered.

Comment

Originally posted by Cire View Post
                            Gaius, I would be happy to switch from the Pig. I have no real attachment. As I said, I simply picked it because I was a pig. Please take it.
                            Oh, wow. Wasn't expecting that. Was mainly just expressing my amusement. Still, thanks for the generosity! I'd been mulling over taking the sheep (presuming I could sub in sheep for goat...?), but this works just fine, if you're sure.

Ah, just to give our zodiacs: I'm a Fire Tiger. It crossed my mind to go with that. But I guess the more domestic animals just struck me as more interesting. Less common, too.

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
                            Piggy gets lots of love, it seems. :P
                            Hey, who could say no to that face? ... Er, aside from the guy taking it in place of his own face against his will, I guess. ^_^o Though even then I imagine he doesn't so much "say" as "scream." Eheh...

By the way, I may decide to take the role of Keeper after all. I may not know much about the game, but playing the villain has always been my specialty in free form RP's. And Changeling does give me the opportunity to really "cut loose"
                            I approve of this notion. ^__^ You've posted up a storm in the C:tL forums and put a lot of interesting and creative things on display. It'll be interesting -- and for the characters, worrying -- to see what you do with a Keeper.

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
                            Well I'm trying to keep this paced so if anyone else wants to join in, Cire's character won't leave them behind. Then again, maybe scattering them throughout this mad house would be even more fun. O_O
                            I could see some fun either way, aye. I admit to liking for characters to get acquainted before circumstance splits them up singly or into groups (and brings them back together at its whims!). Again, I'm very open to sticking together or splitting up. Max will probably prefer to follow anyone strong and decisive around, though, like a lost piglet.

Speaking of which, not to hold up the second character's introduction any longer...

Role: Pig

Kith(s): Unknown (Cleareyes, Rot-Eater, or Truefriend, maybe...?)

Character Description: Max Layton is slender and of average height for a nineteen year old. His dark brown hair is usually in need of a haircut and he keeps it pressed back, keeping it out of his green eyes. He isn't especially athletic, but has a bit of muscle tone.

Short Bio: Max is a college kid in San Antonio, Texas. Generally easy-going, he usually wears a friendly smile. He can be shy and overly sensitive, but the martial arts classes he's taken have done a lot for him the past few years. He's big on fantasy novels and games. He's not really sure what he wants to do with his life, and pretty okay with that, working a part-time job at a local bubble tea shop. He recently worked up the courage to ask out a childhood friend he's had a crush on. The little pig he picked up was meant to be a gift to her on their first date.

The EX3 What We Know Wiki, courtesy of Marin and JMobius
                            Nishkriya, the EX3 Freelancer Quotes Tracker, courtesy of Anathema and Moonwolf
                            The White Wolf Forum Archive, courtesy of The Dark Wizard and Sanctaphrax (see its Patreon)
                            Arrghus: There's also the Shepherd of the North Star, busily guiding the one thing in all the heavens that doesn't move.

Comment

Max seems great.

Comment

Working...
                              X