• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wise Old Guru
    started a topic OOC (Exalted): The Whitestone Island Campaign

OOC (Exalted): The Whitestone Island Campaign

Character Creation Rules:
    • Use heroic mortal chargen from Scroll of Heroes.
    • No merits allowed without approval.
    • You can take flaws if you have one that fits and you want a way to represent it mechanically, but you do NOT get any BP for flaws you take.
    • Feel free to leave some Background dots unspent, just make a note that they're there. That way if you meet a friendly god or a cool monster or a magic sword or something, you can just say, "Guru, I want to put these unspent dots toward making that thing my familiar or ally or...magic sword."
    • Backgrounds bought with chargen resources are gonna have some minor narrative immunity to my malicious machinations, backgrounds acquired in play without the expenditure of resources have no such protection.
    • Mutations are subject to approval.
    • No negative mutations for BP, though you can take them for RP reasons as with Flaws above.
    • People of the Sea should take the appropriate mutations package.
    Lore covers only things your character would have a plausible way to have learned. High ranks in Lore for locals with no knowledge of the rest of Creation will get you tons of neat local history and family trees and the customs of the other tribes, but even at 5 you have probably not heard of Lookshy. Same story with Occult- high ranks get you lots of info on local spirit courts but you gave probably not heard of Ahlat. I mean, there's not really any cows on this island, it's all pigs and chickens. These restrictions hold true for foreigners- figure out where your character has studied or travelled, please.

Linguistics- Everyone on the island speaks the same language. If is notably not Seatongue or Firetongue, it's a local language that's evolved on its own for a few hundred years. Count it as a "barbarian language family," as it includes the slight differences in dialect between the tribes. It has a written form, so your Lore 1 lets you read it. Priests are taught Old Realm to deal with spirits.

Thaumaturgy- Go nuts. Personally I would prefer that if you take a Degree, you list your character's favorite Procedures so I can familiarize myself with them ahead of time. Little fluff descriptions of how the ritual is performed and the ingredients/supplies you'll need for it are good too, as these things can be fun plot points later. Locals are encouraged to reskin procedures to fit local aesthetics and the Stone Age tech level.

Posting Rules:
    Dialogue: If your character is speaking, please use the appropriate color so we know what language they're using.
    Default-black text is in the Barbarian Tongue of Whitestone Island.
    This turquoise blue color is Seatongue.

This deep purplish color is Old Realm. High Realm is lighter purple, and Low Realm is pink.
    Firetongue, predictably, is red.
    Airtongue is light blue.
    Riverspeak is green, Guild Cant is orange.

Right now that's all the languages likely to come up, but I'll add others if and when people learn them. Please start using these text color rules so I know what languages you're speaking and what NPCs can and cannot understand you.
    Last edited by Wise Old Guru; 10-23-2014, 10:38 AM.

• semicasual
    replied
    Is this flying beast animal, vegetable, or mineral?

Leave a comment:

• Foxsimile
    replied
    No worries.

Leave a comment:

• Wise Old Guru
    replied
    Gonna be absent or posting only intermittently for the rest of this week: packing, moving this weekend, then unpacking and starting new work thingy. Gonna be a bit busier than my normal until I settle in. Please forgive my slowness.

Also: LostLight? You exist? We're all gonna hop on a flying beastie and leave your character behind sometime soon, and unless you speak up I'ma assume he's unconscious with the injured back in the grotto.

Leave a comment:

• Wise Old Guru
    replied
    Then a timeskip you shall have!

Also, LostLight-you still around?

Leave a comment:

• Jen
    replied
    I'm okay with the time-skip too.

Leave a comment:

• Foxsimile
    replied
    Fine with me. Wahine has nothing more to say or do until morning. If everyone else is cool to move on, I'm up for it.

Leave a comment:

• semicasual
    replied
    It might be time for another time skip, if our characters are all going to sit and wait for morning.

Leave a comment:

• semicasual
    replied
    Calling it now - Goldie is either Fae or Fae-blooded.

Leave a comment:

• Wise Old Guru
    replied
    It is. I think I've also got a convenient way to get all of you together without too much puppeteering of former PCs.

It's gonna be sort of a long post. Expect it to show up in the next day or two.

Leave a comment:

• Foxsimile
    replied
    Looks like it. Four is a pretty manageable number.

Leave a comment:

• semicasual
    replied
    So, what's the headcount? Is it just the four of us, now?

Leave a comment:

• semicasual
    replied
    Still here, and my living situation is stable.

Leave a comment:

• Jen
    replied
    I'm still hereee ~🎵

Leave a comment:

• LostLight
    replied
    Sorry for being away so long without warning- my finales kinda killed any free time I've had until lately but I'm alive again. Anyway, I'll read everything that happened since I was gone.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X