X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NutiketAiel View Post
    OK, let's see what we have here.

Mark-

Looking good so far. You'll want to choose specialties for Dexterity, Crafts, Performance and Academics. I'm especially interested in the specialty for Crafts, as I can't think of much from Hannah's history that would suggest that. A hobby, perhaps?
    I updated all the specialties, and changed Crafts to Professional Skill: Cooking. I can see Hannah enjoying making her own food, especially so she can feed herself while training in the months leading up to her Rite of Passage (gotta carbo load right?), a practicality that became a bit of a passion she's just delving into.

This is just a suggestion, but you might want to consider Inspiration as a starting gift (it's in tribe/auspice for both Silver Fangs and Ahrouns). Razor Claws and Sense Wyrm are both excellent and versatile gifts, but given Hannah's history, Inspiration may make more sense as a starting gift; you can always pick up Sense Wyrm or Razor Claws later. Just a suggestion, though; I have no problem with the gifts you've selected.
    I changed Razor Claws to Inspiration, which was something I also debated about a lot. I want to keep Sense Wyrm though just to make sure someone has it.

As we discussed via PM, Foe From the Past at 3 pts may be a better idea than Enemy.
    I changed my flaws a bit, adding in Dark Secret, which I already had in the back ground I had written for Hannah, and also added Compulsion from Players Guide to Garou. Between Overconfident, and Compulsion I basically gave myself the Silver Fang tribe flaw (Derangement: Delusions of Grandeur), which I like because of the very high pure breed. To be clear the Compulsion is to brag and be superior over those who appear weaker.

You mention her training as a "classic gymnast." Is "classic" a distinct type or style of gymnastics, or did you just use that to differentiate it from some newer style or something? I'm not that familiar with the minutiae of gymnastics.
    I updated the wording a bit to make it more clear, but I didn't mean a particular style, other than she trained in gymnastics and dance as separate things. She didn't just do one or the other, they were complimentary to being a good cheerleader, but she's formally trained in being an actual gymnast.

A quick note on Charles Dawnstar, which I think I should make clear if she wants to have a closer relationship to him- he works at a hospital in Camden, but he doesn't live in Camden. Camden is a shit-hole. It has the highest per capita violent crime rate in the United States. Hardly anybody chooses to live there. He lives in the nearby affluent suburb of Mount Laurel, NJ.
    Noted, also I wouldn't mind having that relationship be closer. Like saying she crashed at his place regularly during her months of training just to get way from the family when she was feeling down about eating people and all.

5'2". Out of curiosity, is she done growing? As a 16 year old, she could conceivably still grow taller. No need to make a decision now, just something to think about.
    I figured she still would grow a bit more, probably leveling out around 5'5'' or so, I can make her taller now, but I figure she'll never get really that tall.

As for the resources, to make sure I'm clear- her money is basically a stipend from her parents, correct?

I'm fine with the car, just remember that she's too young to have a license in Pennsylvania, so it would legally be in her parents' names, and if she gets pulled over, things could get interesting.
    Yes, it's her allowance so to speak, and it is a lot. I did lower it a dot to keep it more controlled, and to move a point around. However, as the game progresses, it should be noted that Hannah may take over a more leadership role in her family, which would allow her access to even more money. In my head her family is pretty damn Rich, that happens when you invest for House Wyrmfoe at large, which is what her mom and dad do, control Silver Fang money.

Also, yeah, she does have a learners permit at this point, but the car isn't hers, but it was her 16th birthday gift.

Nitpicky detail- the game is beginning on January 1, 2014. The iphone 6 isn't out yet. :-P

Nitpicky detail- the Grand Klaive is called "Dawn's Pride," not "Dawnstar's Pride."
    Updated them both.

A cheerleading outfit to fight sometimes, eh? She's sounding more and more Buffy-esque. ;-)

-Jim
    Considering the family feud with Vampires, and the fact the character was a Cheerleader from the very inception of the concept, can you really blame me =p

Jim with your approval, I'd like to have the Rite of Boasting (level 1 Renoun; pg 216 W20); as Hannah might have just picked it up by watching, and being like "I would so do that," and she has Rituals one, as a knowledge. And if you're feeling super generous, Greet the Sun (minor Rite, pg 220, W20), which I think Hannah would have been taught as she showed interest in the Sun Lodge. Let me know if either of those are cool.

Now for everyone else!

Echoes- Keep in mind that as your sheet stands you have no Rituals, considering you're a lupus and this is like pre rite of passage, that might be fine, but as the theurge, don't forget to pick them up sooner or later =p

Everyone else looks good for their concept, except for the general lack of Athletics, which is the skill you use to dodge in W20. I'm happily awaiting seeing everyone else's sheets.

As it stands it looks like we have all the bases covered for basic stuff. Someone has sense Wyrm, someone has mother's touch, and everyone else can generally fight.

Maybe this is jumping the gun a bit, and Jim already has plans in mind, but maybe we should talk about a mission statement for the pack a bit ahead of time, and possibly even look at a totem that represents that. If it's too early for that, I understand Jim, but having an idea of where the pack as a whole is headed could help people decide where to put any extra points, or how to shape things if they're unclear.

-Mark
    Last edited by MrMarkers; 10-28-2014, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Mark

Hey, Val doesn't do athletics. He hides behind the Ahroun and says stuff like, 'Yeah, you show 'em!' And if the battle goes badly, he turns and runs. With dignity. I didn't put any real points into a combat-oriented skills because I didn't think it fit Val's character. He spent most of his time indoors reading, and definitely skipped out of gym class when he could. But if you think he's gonna get mangled in the first fight, maybe I should rethink that..

And don't you think it'll be more fun to work out the pack's mission statement in character? Think of all the potential arguments! The drama! I'm sure Jim has something planned...

Oh man, you chose Dark Secret. Hehe. Val now has a mission. I foresee him and Hannah getting on like two cats in a sinking sack.

James

If this is your first Werewolf game, I hope you find it enjoyable. I haven't played much Werewolf myself, being far more familiar with Vampire. Don't be afraid to ask our Storyteller lots of difficult, complex questions!

And Cavendish makes me think of Henry Cavendish, an 18th century British natural philosopher. I had no idea Cavendish was a brand of bananas...The things you learn.

(And please, call me Josh. Al-Haleem is a perfectly legitimate name...if you come from 9th century Baghdad )

Comment

Josh
        Man, I can already foresee some...interesting interactions between Val and Echoes. A quiet, confused lupus who just wants to be left alone, and a thoroughly irritating Ragabash who secretly thinks he's smarter than everyone else. Good times.
        Definitely. Now that I've finished writing her up, I can see that they're nearly opposites, and I'll be surprised if there isn't a clash of personalities at some point. Maybe they'll balance each other out. :-P He can teach her how to chill out, and she can teach him how to murder things.

Jim
        I'm curious about your choice to put two dots in Investigation. Was that just a natural extension of Echoes' sense of curiosity? I don't have a problem with it, I'm just curious.
        This was a case of my Forsaken background/bias bleeding into Apocalypse, as in that game Investigation is pretty important for characters who needed to solve riddles and the like. After glancing at W20 again, I think it might be more appropriate for her if a dot was tossed into Enigmas.

As far as Danger Sense is concerned, ...
        I decided to swap it out for Wolf Sight & Acute Sense. I hadn't thought how the pbp format could effect powers like those, and I think things will run smoother this way.

Pack mentality is an excellent choice for Stir of Echoes, considering her personality and back story, and I am glad you chose it, but I warn you that it will come into play.
        That's fine by me. ;D I know it'll be harder for her, but it makes for good character development.

Awww, you figured out they were members of the Dying Cubs up at the Sept of the Hidden Peak? I was trying to be subtle. :-P
        A lucky guess! From their description I thought there had to be at least a small group of Dying Cubs or Predator Kings in there, and that they'd have something to say about her upbringing.

Given Echoes' relative youth as a wolf, I was a little surprised you chose 18 as the age for her homid form. Did you just want to avoid the complications of a younger looking human form? I'm fine with it, I was just wondering your reasoning.
        I originally had her as 15, but then I realized that it might come off as weird or creepy with the whole walking around nude in Homid form thing. If that's alright, I'd like to put her back to her original age.

Her Crinos form has socks! That's so cute!! She's just adorable!!!! :-D Seriously, I don't think I've ever seen a crinos form description with socks before. Awesome.

Oh, and Wolf #5A1M is always hogging the deer. He's such a jerk. >:-(
        ^^

I think she's pretty much ready to go now, but there was one more thing I was interested in - a fetish. Specifically, a fetish that'd allow her to speak Garou and/or human languages (English in her case) fluently in lupus/hispo form. I imagine it might be important for some Talons to interrogate humans/etc. they come across before offing them, and a fetish to allow them to speak might speed up the process over shapeshifting. Being able to communicate with other tribes in your favored form is always a bonus, too.

If that sounds good, I imagine it being some sort of fur-braided thread with teeth and feathers, wrapped around the body so that it doesn't easily slip off. Basically, something like these:

totally not echoes

...okay, maybe not as flamboyant as that last image, I don't think the pack would appreciate her strolling around dressed like some sort of wolf pimp.

Mark
        Echoes- Keep in mind that as your sheet stands you have no Rituals, considering you're a lupus and this is like pre rite of passage, that might be fine, but as the theurge, don't forget to pick them up sooner or later =p
        Will keep this in mind. ;D I plan on rites becoming her thing later on in the game.

Rage Across the Delaware Valley
        Health:
        Rage (3):
        Gnosis (7): X
        Willpower (6):

Comment

Oh my gosh, Eve! Scrap your whole character sheet and make Echoes a wolf pimp! Val can be her ho, and we'll defeat the Wyrm through the power of awesome. Also, I just noticed, the Black Fury in W20 also has 'socks'. There's just something about terrifying forces of nature and looking adorable.

But seriously, have you seen that Black Fury? I wouldn't want to meet her in a dark alley is all I'm saying.

And interesting choice for nature/demeanor. So if I've got this right, Echoes wants to protect and nurture her pack, yet at the same time, harbors a dark desire to cause terror. But if her 'demeanor' is a caregiver, does that mean it's just a front? Does she secretly want to be the teeth in the night that haunts the dreams of man? Because that's pretty cool.
          Last edited by Al-Haleem; 10-30-2014, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Josh-

Nature: I realized after a bit of thought that the Seeker nature seemed like I was trying to game (hah) the system. But as you say, I’m just trying to simulate the search for enlightenment. If you have any familiarity with Kindred of the East, gaining Willpower through the nature will be similar to achieving a low-scale ‘dah’, the moment of insight when one becomes more self-aware. I’m glad you think it’s okay, in my opinion it fits a lot better than Guru…for now.
            Just for clarification (since the rules in previous editions tended to be kind of sketchy on this), both your nature and demeanor can change over time, with suitable in character justification and my approval.

Ancestor: Looks good! You say I need to work with the Storyteller (namely you) to create the ancestor’s personality, history, traits etc. Do you want me to post a prototype character sheet for Vashti here, or shall we work it out over PM? Oh, and I hope that reference to ‘insane ancestor’ wasn’t a suggestion for me to take the flaw. I can just imagine the horrid things you’ll make poor Val do. Story Teller’s and their nefarious schemes…
            LOL, no, it was not a suggestion. I actually have some plans in mind for who Vashti is (or, perhaps more accurately, was). However, these are things Val will need to discover on his own as the game goes on and he interacts with her. Since he doesn't really know who she was, he won't know for certain if she was good at a particular skill unless he tries to channel it, or if it comes up while he's communicating with her (assuming she doesn't lie). If there is anything specific you have in mind for Vashti, tell me now before I get any further in my secret plans for her.

Melee: Yup, Sunchaser showed him how to swing a staff. Reading my words again, they seem a bit obtuse. What I was trying to express was that Sunchaser didn’t teach Val Iskakku per se, but she did teach him the basics of staff-play. As for carrying a weapon, I don’t know. Won’t it seem a bit odd for Val to wander around town wielding six foot of bamboo? Mind you, the Children of Gaia Tribebook has an Ahroun who not only staff-fights his way through Seattle, but does so in Crinos to boot. I guess people are just more oblivious/open-minded over there?
            Ugh. The Revised Children of Gaia Tribebook is pure garbage. Some of the mechanical stuff is OK (for example, it includes Black Unicorn, one of my personal favorite totems), but the story info and the history of the tribe as described therein are terrible, and the stuff about the protests in Seattle made me want to throw up. Don't take it too seriously. As for walking around with a staff, yes it would be a little unusual, but people do sometimes walk around with walking sticks. Remember also that, while Sunchaser's training may have focused on the staff, the melee skill can be applied to practically any hand to hand weapon. A collapsible baton would be just as non-lethal (for those of us with Children of Gaia-ish sensibilities) and far more concealable. Of course, I wouldn't recommend trying to use it in Crinos unless you want to look pretty damn silly...

Pure Breed: You don’t need to worry about that in Val’s case. I think his personality will mitigate any respect his ancestors might have earned him. Especially from the Fenrir, mainly because Val’s Crinos form looks like it should be sparkling. As a side-note, I never understood why Pure Breed improves Social rolls with Black Spiral Dancers. Isn’t their whole shtick basically: ‘The Litany can suck it! Hail the Wyrm! This message endorsed by Pentex.’ Why would they care who you’re related to?
            Oh, they predate Pentex by centuries, but that's neither here nor there. I always understood it as a kind of instinct thing. BSDs may serve the Wyrm instead of Gaia, but they're still werewolves. It works on them for the same reason that it works on Glass Walkers or Bone Gnawers, who don't care about such things on an intellectual level. It's ingrained.

James-

1. I hadn't realized it was one breed, one tribe, and one auspice. I had thought it was just three level 1 Gifts. I will take a look and correct what I've got.
            Good choices, but bear in mind that Apecraft's Blessing requires a Wits+Crafts roll, and Scott doesn't have any dots in Crafts at the moment, so it'll be a bit difficult to use. Side-note: I love abilities like Perfect Recall when used in an online setting; if it's something that happened during play, all we need to do is copy-paste. ;-)

2. Lots of private practice doctors have clinics where they see patients for general stuff, where 90% of what they do is just see people who are sick. That's what Scott does. It's mostly about checking insurance information, weighing people, blood pressure, and maybe take some blood for a test. As his stats can tell you, Scott doesn't know a whole lot about medicine. Now, doctors who work at private practices like this also usually work with a hospital that their patience go to for bigger important stuff, but Scott personally doesn't have the training to help with any sort of surgery or anything.
            Thanks for the clarification.

4. This is one thing I want to ask you on. This is my first time with Werewolf the Apocalypse and I actually the first time I've played Old World of Darkness outside of a few brief sessions many years ago. So it's a lot of new stuff for me to swallow. While Reluctant Warrior is, as you say, supposed to be a Zodiac Flaw and not a Mental Flaw, would you mind if I just had it as a Mental Flaw instead? That did exactly the same thing. With Scott I'm trying to grasp some of the more personal aspects of a person dealing with rage and being a werewolf, and introducing astrology into my character concept early on makes things a bit more difficult.
            The Stargazer is worried about introducing astrology? :-P Nah, it's fine, you can change it to a mental flaw.

5. It doesn't have to be Chester County. I'm not too familiar with the area. I would make me feel best if you picked a place for Scott to live, and then I could just read up on that, instead of trying to familiarize myself with all of the Delaware Valley. I do have to finish the Stargazers Tribebook first, and I'd like to be able to sort of focus on that more than on where I situate my character.
            No prob, I'll give it a little thought and get back to you. And, again, there's nothing wrong with him living in Chester County, I just wanted to make sure you were aware of the proximity to the Silver Fang caern.

6. Actually Scott doesn't even know if it was werewolves who killed his girlfriend. Most people aren't torn apart by "wild dogs" on the streets of Philadelphia, and it probably was werewolves, but that's a connection point that Scott admits probably exists but hasn't pointed fingers. Scott does know his family is crazy and relentless, but he doesn't suspect them or the Silver Fangs. It's fresh enough in his mind that it's still a tragic accident.
            Really? He comes from a family of werewolf kin who hated the fact that he was dating a non-kin woman, and he bought the wild dog story? Interesting. BTW, please let Scott know that I have a bridge to sell him. ;-)

2. I'll switch back to Cavendish if people think that's a better last name than Cadwell. I just kept thinking about bananas whenever I thought of Scott and wanted to try to go with something more seriously >_>
            Again, you can go with whatever name you like, banana boy. :-P

Mark-

I updated all the specialties, and changed Crafts to Professional Skill: Cooking. I can see Hannah enjoying making her own food, especially so she can feed herself while training in the months leading up to her Rite of Passage (gotta carbo load right?), a practicality that became a bit of a passion she's just delving into.
            I'm fine with all those specialties, and Professional Skill Cooking is a good choice. Did she take that in case she decides to eat more cops? It's OK, you can tell me. ;-)

I changed Razor Claws to Inspiration, which was something I also debated about a lot. I want to keep Sense Wyrm though just to make sure someone has it.
            Looks good. Remember, she can always get Razor Claws back later with experience.

I changed my flaws a bit, adding in Dark Secret, which I already had in the back ground I had written for Hannah, and also added Compulsion from Players Guide to Garou. Between Overconfident, and Compulsion I basically gave myself the Silver Fang tribe flaw (Derangement: Delusions of Grandeur), which I like because of the very high pure breed. To be clear the Compulsion is to brag and be superior over those who appear weaker.
            These are fine, but Compulsion was actually included in W20. It's on page 476.

Noted, also I wouldn't mind having that relationship be closer. Like saying she crashed at his place regularly during her months of training just to get way from the family when she was feeling down about eating people and all.
            That's cool. Does he know her Dark Secret?

Yes, it's her allowance so to speak, and it is a lot. I did lower it a dot to keep it more controlled, and to move a point around. However, as the game progresses, it should be noted that Hannah may take over a more leadership role in her family, which would allow her access to even more money. In my head her family is pretty damn Rich, that happens when you invest for House Wyrmfoe at large, which is what her mom and dad do, control Silver Fang money.
            I was fine with three dots, actually. I wasn't concerned that it was too high; I just wanted to clarify the source. Three dots seemed appropriate for such a spoiled little rich girl from the Main Line. The Dawnstar family is pretty damn rich, but as you note, that wealth comes almost entirely from their kinfolk, so that's something to bear in mind. Raising her resources background in play is possible, but it would require some roleplay, particularly with those kinfolk.

Jim with your approval, I'd like to have the Rite of Boasting (level 1 Renoun; pg 216 W20); as Hannah might have just picked it up by watching, and being like "I would so do that," and she has Rituals one, as a knowledge. And if you're feeling super generous, Greet the Sun (minor Rite, pg 220, W20), which I think Hannah would have been taught as she showed interest in the Sun Lodge. Let me know if either of those are cool.
            Well, as I noted, every character that starts with the Rituals knowledge would be starting with one or more appropriate rites of my choice, over and above those they choose with the Rites background. However, I intend to announce those as the last part of character creation, so as not to discourage players from making their own choices. I will tell you, however, that the Rite of Boasting is not the one I picked for Hannah. If you want her to start with it, you'll need to spend a point on the rites background. Of course, she can always learn it after her rite of passage, during play or downtime. Finding a teacher would not be difficult.

Eve-

This was a case of my Forsaken background/bias bleeding into Apocalypse, as in that game Investigation is pretty important for characters who needed to solve riddles and the like. After glancing at W20 again, I think it might be more appropriate for her if a dot was tossed into Enigmas.
            Oh, I see. Yes, if you were looking for skill with riddles, Enigmas is the way to go, though Investigation is still a good ability to have.

I decided to swap it out for Wolf Sight & Acute Sense. I hadn't thought how the pbp format could effect powers like those, and I think things will run smoother this way.
            Thank you, I think this was a good choice.

That's fine by me. ;D I know it'll be harder for her, but it makes for good character development.
            Just remember, with appropriate roleplaying, most flaws can be bought off with experience later. Perhaps Echoes will one day move beyond this limitation.

I originally had her as 15, but then I realized that it might come off as weird or creepy with the whole walking around nude in Homid form thing. If that's alright, I'd like to put her back to her original age.
            Nah, it's fine. We're all adults here, and this is an adult game. Adult situations and adult themes will be a part of the game. I think we can handle nudity. Just no pictures, obviously. Go ahead and put her back to apparent age 15 if you want.

I think she's pretty much ready to go now, but there was one more thing I was interested in - a fetish. Specifically, a fetish that'd allow her to speak Garou and/or human languages (English in her case) fluently in lupus/hispo form. I imagine it might be important for some Talons to interrogate humans/etc. they come across before offing them, and a fetish to allow them to speak might speed up the process over shapeshifting. Being able to communicate with other tribes in your favored form is always a bonus, too.
            Hmmmmmm... well, remember that Garou in Lupus and Hispo form can make themselves understood to other Garou, though it is difficult. That being said, I'm OK with this as a level one fetish. Where did she get it from, though? Who made it for her/gave it to her, and why?

Will keep this in mind. ;D I plan on rites becoming her thing later on in the game.
            Remember that every character starting with dots in the Rituals knowledge will start with one or more appropriate rites chosen by me. So, she will be starting with a few.

Everyone-

Maybe this is jumping the gun a bit, and Jim already has plans in mind, but maybe we should talk about a mission statement for the pack a bit ahead of time, and possibly even look at a totem that represents that. If it's too early for that, I understand Jim, but having an idea of where the pack as a whole is headed could help people decide where to put any extra points, or how to shape things if they're unclear.
            A mission statement for the pack is really something that should be discussed IC. As for a totem, sure, you guys can start talking about it now. I had intended to start this discussion amongst you OOC while we were roleplaying your rite of passage, but if you want to start discussing it now, by all means do so. A final decision will have to wait for the time being, though. Remember, you're not limited to those that appear in the W20 core book. There are many excellent sources of totems. The revised edition Players Guide to the Garou has an excellent selection of totems, and there are some good ones in the tribebooks as well (don't feel limited to the tribes in the pack, either; just because those totems favor certain tribes doesn't mean they don't adopt packs without members of that tribe). Rage Across the Heavens is also an excellent source; the Planetary Incarnae make potent and influential, albeit expensive, totems. Of course, the stats of totems from the revised edition may warrant some updating. Custom totems are also an option, with my approval. One caveat- this game will involve a lot of traveling, sometimes on short notice, so a totem with a ban that forces the characters to stay in a particular geographic area would not be appropriate.
            Last edited by NutiketAiel; 10-30-2014, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Okay, so Sunchaser will probably insist Val take a staff to the Rite of Passage. He needs to impress his Fenrir brothers with his lack of prowess after all. So he’ll begin the story with a staff, but he probably won’t drag it around everywhere.

Also, after some reading I’ve (tentatively) chosen a star sign for Val.

And poor Children of Gaia revised. I don’t think it’s quite so awful. It’s just a shame that one of the few books featuring a gay Garou couple had to be so lacklustre. Sigh. C’est la vie.

Comment

Originally posted by Al-Haleem View Post
                Okay, so Sunchaser will probably insist Val take a staff to the Rite of Passage. He needs to impress his Fenrir brothers with his lack of prowess after all. So he’ll begin the story with a staff, but he probably won’t drag it around everywhere.

Also, after some reading I’ve (tentatively) chosen a star sign for Val.

And poor Children of Gaia revised. I don’t think it’s quite so awful. It’s just a shame that one of the few books featuring a gay Garou couple had to be so lacklustre. Sigh. C’est la vie.
                Meros, eh? Interesting. What made you decide that way?

Comment

I liked the idea of the wandering planet; no home, no rest, just an endless journey, always searching for something. It's a lonely life, but someone's gotta live it. Plus, Pluto's not technically a planet anymore, and the idea of Val being born under a 'dwarf planet' just fits with his characterization. Because OF COURSE its gonna be the lamest planet, nothing cool like Jupiter, please. Ever the underwolf, that's Val.

Comment

Alright, I finally posted my character sheet on the first page. I need some help, especially with flaws, as I can't seem to find some that would fit Geoff. Having his history and his personality more defined would help, of course, but I'm still quite sick, and I just want to lay down and sleep, as my fever is running high. But first, does it look good, stats-wise? I've neved done a Werewolf character before.

"And for my next trick" I said, "anvils!"

Comment

Originally posted by Evilmarmelade View Post
                      Alright, I finally posted my character sheet on the first page. I need some help, especially with flaws, as I can't seem to find some that would fit Geoff. Having his history and his personality more defined would help, of course, but I'm still quite sick, and I just want to lay down and sleep, as my fever is running high. But first, does it look good, stats-wise? I've neved done a Werewolf character before.
                      I think Ward could work for your character's Brother.

Also maybe Soft Heart, Geoff always seemed super nice to me. But maybe not that nice =p

Maybe Naive, again cause of the generally nice guy optimism thing.

Maybe none of those work, just throwing ideas out. I wish I could give you page numbers, but I don't have my book with me.

Sheet looks good so far, I will offer that Gifts are super expensive with freebies, but pretty cheep with XP, but they're your points.

Jim-

Of course I intend to eat more cops....*shifty eyes*

I'm fine with whatever rituals.

I'd also assume Charles knows I ate people, it probably took a lot of cajoling to get it out of Hannah, but she probably broke down and told him eventually. I assume he's supportive, but weary.

I think the rest of the sheet is locked in at this point though, I wish I could have squeezed a few more points, but I spent a ton on Merits, and I don't want to give any of them up =p

Cheers,
                      Mark
                      Last edited by MrMarkers; 10-30-2014, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Awesome, the pack's all together! I'm glad you're here Flo, although I'm sorry you're sick. I hope it's nothing too serious.

Now an abrupt change of topic! For flaws, I don't think Naïve will work, because it'll mitigate the point of high empathy. Ward might be interesting. Aaron would probably resent having his brother constantly checking up on him. Soft-Hearted could also work. Although I don't know why the flaw insists you must AVOID a situation where someone's in pain. Wouldn't it be more dramatic if you felt compelled to aid someone in pain...no matter what? I'll probably have a better idea for things when you post more of Geoff's personality.

Comment

Thanks for the tip on the gifts Mark, I admit that I didn't thought about looking at the xp chart while creating my character. I'll keep the gift for later then.

Naive won't work . He might have worked with kids for years, but that doesn't mean that he's seeing the world with rose-tinted glasses. Soft-Hearted could be better, but as Josh said, the flaw as it is written is kinda stupid. And I don't think I'll take it, anyway. Yes, he's used to take care of children, especially since they tend to get hurt all the time with them touching everything, But sometimes, well, they fight, they do stupid things, and they need to have some sort of sanction. And he can't go soft on that, or further sanctions won't mean anything.

I think I'll take Ward. I didn't think about the brother angle.
                          Last edited by Evilmarmelade; 10-31-2014, 06:21 PM.

Comment

So you're going with Ward and Claustrophobia? That means Aaron is doomed to be kidnapped, or otherwise end up in a sticky situation. And for sure Geoff will have to crawl through dark, tight tunnels. Maybe his life will depend on it. You've also still got loads of freebies left. Are you saving them for something? I like Geoff so far though. I was afraid the Philodox would be a bitchy hard-ass...I guess we've got Hannah for that. I joke...Please don't eat me.

Comment

So you're going with Ward and Claustrophobia? That means Aaron is doomed to be kidnapped, or otherwise end up in a sticky situation. And for sure Geoff will have to crawl through dark, tight tunnels. Maybe his life will depend on it.
                              Val, you silly Ragabash. Never change.

You've also still got loads of freebies left. Are you saving them for something?
                              Nope! My sheet wasn't over yet, that's all!

I like Geoff so far though. I was afraid the Philodox would be a bitchy hard-ass...I guess we've got Hannah for that. I joke...Please don't eat me.
                              Compassionate justice for the win! (..I should have taken Naive).)

(And by the way..)

(She is totally a bitchy hard-ass.)

Ahem! My character sheet should be almost complete now, except for my character history. I know, I know. But in addition to me being still sick (man, Rubella is FUN to have when you're 23!), my computer suddenly decided to stop working. I've got one for the weekend, but I hope I'll manage to repair my old machine (but I doubt it. Yay for unplanned expenses!)

Comment

Tsk, tsk Flo. Not completing your character sheet because of a bit of Rubella. What a shameful lack of dedication! Seriously though, Rubella looks nasty. I hope you're getting better. I'd give you a virtual hug, but I wouldn't want to catch anything :-p

Well Geoff is looking pretty good. Although seriously, his students looked him in a laundry room? Those rats! He shouldv'e eaten them! Never trust children. Grrr. And nice choice of phone. Maybe Val should carry a Blackberry just to balance things out.

Also, thanks for pointing out all the iffy stuff regarding Garou and homosexuality. I decided to ignore it, Val's got more pressing things to worry about, but it was definitely on my mind. Are you going to make it a major part of Geoff's character? I always thought the conflict between the Litany and love was something worth exploring. Especially if both Garou are the same sex. You don't have to worry about Metis then. At least, I think so.

Oh boy, Geoff likes sarcasm. Val likes sarcasm. Look how much in common they have! I'm expecting them to try and murder each other after the third conversation.

And only kissing two boys by the age of 19 isn't so bad...for a loser!

(I also love how Hannah's already got a...reputation and we haven't even started playing.)

(I'm also a fan of the creamy spot on Geoff's belly in Crinos form. Between you and Echoes, our pack with be the cutest on Gaia's green earth.)

Comment

Working...
                                X