No announcement yet.

Changeling the Lost: Unseen Costs (IC)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dale turns as the phone blares. "Excuse me," he says to Free as he goes over to the phone to pick it up. "I apologize, what is it that you want me to retrieve, Mr. Voyczyk?" he replies, trying his best not to come off with an annoyed tone.

Comment

"A statue. It was stolen from one of my properties last night - through the best security system money can buy. I want it back - or failing that, I want to know who's responsible."

There's a brief pause and a shuffling sound of paper on the other end. "I'm familiar with your standard rates, Mr. Nightshade. I'm willing to double them. Of course, I would expect a certain degree of discretion."
      Last edited by HobbitGuy1420; 11-10-2014, 12:47 AM.

Comment

Malory scowled deeply. Rather than concern for her patients, some Fey part of her heart took their refusal to mend as a personal affront. Holding the baby to her chest with one hand, she reaches in the window with the other, touching the woman's shoulder with a hand that buzzed angrily with Life. "You Will Not Die.." She hissed with Faerie gravity.

When she pulls her hand away, she glances down at the little one, struggling even now. "And you won't sneak away either" she smiles gently, turning about and dashing toward daylight!

Comment

A gust of floral-scented air tickles Malory's nose as skin grows over the woman's leg, sealing over the stump like dough rising over the edge of a pan. The bleeding ceases. While the woman's not out of the woods yet, she won't be immediately in any danger.

The dust momentarily thins, letting Freddy see a large car, precariously perched on the concrete wall dividing the bridge from the long drop to the river below.

Comment

Holy shit Freddy thinks, his eyes suddenly returning to him. He pulls himself up and starts bounding to the vehicle. He runs up to the hood and grabs hold, attempting to stabilize it. Through the haze he shouts out, "Come on now, get yer asses out of that car!" and he sets himself to deal with the strain of the buckling vehicle.

Comment

Inside the car, a couple of college kids are only just stirring back into consciousness while their friend in the front passenger seat slumps, unconscious. The conscious ones awkwardly struggle with the doors, then tumble out onto the bridge - and the car creaks and shifts ominously.

Comment

"Of course, that is my specialty," he replied, "So I imagine you'll send the details over by the new whippersnapper technology known as the Internet?"

Comment

"There is a host of information on the Internet," Free notes from the side. "And I doubt our former hosts have much understanding of it."

Comment

"Certainly," the voice says. "I expect to see you soon, Mr. Nightshade." And there's a click. If you have a computer on your desk, two notifications pop up in short order. One is from your bank, indicating an... impressively hefty deposit to your business account. The other is from an anonymous e-mail address. Its body reads,
                    "Mr. Nightshade,
                    Attached, you will find all of the pertinent information regarding the theft. Please contact me when you're ready to examine the scene.
                    Mr. Voyczyk."

Attached are several compressed files.

Comment

"Wake up kid!" No response... ok, he's not conscious moron, he can't hear you. Freddy watches as the kids stumble onto the bridge. Back in the tides, it was all survival of the fittest. Chained in the waters of faerie, the sharks and tentacled creatures that tried to drag him down felt no pity, no remorse, and no sorrow. When he killed them, he ate their flesh. If they ever could have beaten him, he would have been their meal. I'm not there anymore and a little bit more of that faerie magic infuses into his arms, legs, back, and the almost webbed digits of his fingers. Freddy looks down at his green tinted skin, the barnacle-like scabs on his rough hands, and squeezes the sides of the car, plants his feet, and starts to pull on the car. c'mon you moron, aren't you good for anything?

Freddy struggles but doesn't move an inch.

Comment

You grab onto the car, straining your ogrish musculature to keep it in place. It's too heavy for even your prodigious strength to haul back to safety, but grabbing it to hold it steady jostles it, and the unconscious passenger's door swings open, just a touch. If someone can get to it, they can get him out to safety before the car takes a tumble.

Comment

Malory taps a window, handing the kid to a bewildered driver. "Hold this, keep it safe. it'd better be here when I come back."

She doesn't like it, but she hates the idea of leaving a baby on a toll bridge even more. This isn't a day for clean solutions.

And she's off into the storm again, but Freddy catches her eye before she's back with the wounded mother. Her eyes catch a glimpse of a limp arm hanging from an open door.. "GodDAMNIT today!" But the woman would live, this idiot won't She clasps arms with the passenger and pulls!

"Let this piece 'a' shit fall, damnit! There's a woman over there, trapped in a car, missin' a foot. Pull the doors off an' get 'er out in one..Both pieces."

Can anything ELSE go wrong today? For an instant, she swears she can see the skinless face of her Keeper just beyond the dust, smiling that twisted smile.

Comment

With that, Dale hangs up. "Probably," he replies to Free, "Unfortunately, I don't have that much familiarity with it, either." Although he still knows how to navigate enough to check his e-mail and balance online, which he does. As he downloads the attachments, he plugs the memory stick in, struggling a bit trying to find the right outlet, then begins to copy the files from there as well.

Comment

Malory manages to snag the unconscious student just before Freddy drops the car into the river below. "Duuuude," one of the other students says, staring at Freddy. The other is more articulate. "Holy fuck, man, did you just pick up a car?!"

Comment

After a curt nod Freddy turns and focuses his attention, as ordered... everything is easier under orders... on the other car with the woman trapped in it. He moves quickly with a spurt of energy and without hesitating grabs the offending door and sets himself to work again.

Comment

Working...
                                X