• Show
Clear All

• HobbitGuy1420
    replied
    "I dunno, Fred says, sounding doubtful. "Mal was gettin' kinda cranky..."

Leave a comment:

• Thrythlind
    replied
    "Yes, a meteor you say?" Free said. "Do you want me to come now, by any chance? Because I was rather thinking about heading to my apartment first. There seems to be an issue with my files..."

(Feel free to interrupt Free there).

Leave a comment:

• HobbitGuy1420
    replied
    Free's cellphone rings. If she picks it up, Fred's voice comes out. "Hey, this's Free, right? You know a lot about meteo-thingies, right? Stuff that falls outta the sky? 'Cuz we just got one'a them out on the bridge, an' something smells fishy about it... I mean, not *really* fishy, y'know? Just somethin's off about it. Mal's got the thing out at her garage, an' she was hopin' ta get some advice."

Leave a comment:

• Thrythlind
    replied
    "The name is familiar, but it does not relate to my current inquiries, I am not sure how. I shall have to check my files for that as well," she noted with a frown. "Is there a method of contacting you? I prefer not to leave my house if possible."

Leave a comment:

• Dwyad
    replied
    Malory lets out a contented sigh. looking over her remarkably artistic butchery with pride. She's saved a life today, and more to the point, she's done it better than most "real doctors" could've, especially in these circumstances. She passes the carpet knife through the blowtorch again, then sets it in an open toolbox. Apology accepted, world.

She allows herself a moment in repose, then drags the meteor-thing inside, setting it on a table and pulling up a stool to examine it properly. "Alright, now what the hell are you?"

Leave a comment:

• crapcarp
    replied
    While the technical terminology eluded him for the most part, Dale understands that Free has a back-up of the information she can access. It looks like he'll start with the statue case, it has more concrete information to work with anyway. However, first thing's first...

"If there's a possibility it could be compromised, you should look into that. Let me know when you find anything," he replies, "But first, may I ask of what you know of Mr. Voyczyk?"

Leave a comment:

• Dwyad
    replied
    Malory hauls the woman, both pieces of her, into her little temple of back-alley miracles, tossing her on a literal workbench, clicking a bare bulb and setting to work.

Scalpel!

Oh, that won't do. Naturally, she sterilizes it first...

A cut, a slice, a smile of eerie satisfaction. Binding skin and arteries isn't so hard, not for her. Catgut, thread,. it's all the same, and flesh is so abiding. Bone, though? Broken bone is stubborn - less sewing, more carpentry..

She makes it look easy, but it isn't, it truly isn't, and every time she misses a stitch, she hears a muffled laugh. even still. It takes a good long while before she beats the disembodied foot back into submission, and when she does, she grips the unsightly seam and, her hand *searing* cold flesh with Spring warmth, orders it back into service with Fae authority.

The baby? Oh, it's in the car. It's fine, she locked it up tight, but she's getting a compensatory hit of matronly Desire from this woman when she wakes up. Ghoulish? Just a bit.
    Last edited by Dwyad; 12-16-2014, 03:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Thrythlind
    replied
    "This is...suspicious," Free noted, closing the program and wiping the browser history as she did so. "The site is down. It might be on my primary computer's cache, or the off-line backup logs I keep of my sessions. However, we may find both items are compromised as well."

She rather hoped not, getting her home secured again would be expensive.

Leave a comment:

• HobbitGuy1420
    replied
    Free does a bit of digging. The cache looks like it's gone, too - and IsItDown.com reports the site as offline.

Huh. This could just mean the server was struck by lightning.

Yeah, right.

Leave a comment:

• Dwyad
    replied
    Malory takes a moment to eyeball Fred like he's from Mars. "You..Are staying here..To man a toll booth..On a bridge that nobody can cross?" She sighs deeply - he always was a bit thick, a bit too hidebound, a bit too "I Will Work Harder", but this is ridiculous. "Fine, fine, people are idiots after all - make sure everybody gets the memo, and call the Autumn boojum-boys anyway. Here's my number, if they ask where the meteor-thing is."

With that, she's off. It may not be "an emergency", thanks to fey magic - that foot will keep for several hours even without ice - but it's still cause for a certain amount of haste.

Leave a comment:

• HobbitGuy1420
    replied
    Fred pauses outside the car. "Uh... I gotta stick around here. I'm on my last strike on the job... Don't wanna be fired, y'know?"

Leave a comment:

• Dwyad
    replied
    Malory shrugs, picks up the rock in both hands, and trudges back to stuff it in the trunk. Them she gets in the driver's seat and starts.. Huh, she never really stopped to think about it, but..She starts driving a crippled woman and a baby to an abandoned auto shop downtown. "Is this my life, really? Christ.. Fred, get on the horn with the Autumn boys, call up somebody that knows shit about..Meteors, I guess? You saw it, what else could it be? How 'bout that the girl with the alien story - she with you?"

Leave a comment:

• HobbitGuy1420
    replied
    Free sits down and easily types out the URL of the forum thread. This should be pretty simple to -

404? What?! It was just there!

(Int + computers, please. )

Leave a comment:

• Thrythlind
    replied
    Free almost immediately moves into the seat almost seeming as if she had failed to notice Dale standing over her shoulder. Without delay she starts to go into her forum accounts looking for the missing piece of the conversation.

Leave a comment:

• crapcarp
    replied
    Now this was a hard position for Dale: Under general principle, he shouldn't let Free use his computer. It was specifically for his business alone, and it had a lot of private information he can't give access to anyone else. He promises to keep complete confidentiality, and a changeling always keeps their promises. Even so, Dale can see the obvious distress Free is feeling, and empathizes with her. Besides, he could use all the information available, considering he doesn't have much to go on anyways.

"Yes," he answers, moving out of the way to give her a path. As she sits down, he hangs right behind her to watch, as if becoming the shadow she casts from the computer screen's light.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X