No announcement yet.

Changeling the Lost: Unseen Costs (OOC)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a Chiurgeon, our whole thing is putting people back together with paperclips and bubblegum!

"The Chiiurgeon can use the humblest tools well, and never suffers a penalty for poor equipment so long as at least something can be jury-rigged as a medical tool."

And on review, I also get 9-again Medicine. Pity I also get 9-again Dexterity, and they don't stack.

We got a bleeder! (7d10.hitsopen(8,9)=3)

Aced it. Ghoul girl here, savin' lives!

AT: the light on the bridge is Mal's flashlight, indicating the car that's precariously perched on the precipice of peril. So, technically on it, because she's indicating the side.
    Last edited by Dwyad; 11-07-2014, 09:07 AM.

Comment

...Right. Nix the additional penalty.

Comment

Alright, this godforsaken dust cloud is getting to be a massive pain in the ass. Y'know what keeps dust down? Rain. Hopefully we can spare a few minutes before anybody dies horribly.

Spending 1 WP, 1 Glamour. Make it rain! (10d10.hitsopen(8,10)=4)

Almost!

No, seriously, make with the rain! (7d10.hitsopen(8,10)=2)

So it takes ten minutes 1 glamour and 1 WP, but that should keep the kid from horking up blood-flecked concrete dust.

That's right, we just found a stunningly practical use for Eternal Spring 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82NjJjhsHag

The fae song in question, of course.

Comment

Erm... while you start singing, the baby's health visibly fades. If left in the cloud, it won't last ten minutes. Neither, if you're any judge, will the mother; she's still bleeding, if more slowly, and there are internal injuries there as well.
          Last edited by HobbitGuy1420; 11-09-2014, 03:57 AM. Reason: Cutting out unneeded snark.

Comment

Well now, things are a fair bit more desperate than I thought! Presumably the inside of the car is a dusty hellhole just as much as the outside, given that the windows are blown out...

The other cars about - the one that performed the T-boning and the one that's about to go over the bridge - are they fairly sealed against the concrete sandstorm?

If no, how far to the edge of the maelstrom? Do I think I can make it on foot before this baby dies an ignoble death?
            Last edited by Dwyad; 11-09-2014, 09:37 AM.

Comment

You can make it to the edge of the dust cloud, certainly. Some of the cars might be a *bit* better protected than out in the open, but by opening the doors to get in, you'd let the dust in.

Comment

Alright, haul the kid out, but first, let's do a little Laying On Hands on the mother, so she doesn't bleed out while I'm saving the baby. Eternal Spring 3 is an instant action, I can do it and then move.

Be HEALED! 1 glamour, 2 WP spent. (11d10.hitsopen(9,10)=3)

Rather unimpressive, but what the hell? I'm focusing on downgrading her last three Lethal wounds to Bashing, Cost recorded on sheet.

Comment

Question - why do you say "two willpower spent?" The contract only costs one WP, and you can only spend one WP a round.

And that roll's far from unimpressive. counting the 8s, 9s, and 10s up it's an exceptional success.

Comment

Ah, I'd forgotten that. I spent another for bonus dice, so snip the last three, which means I lose a success.

But thankfully (?) I also putzed up the code (9, 10 rather than 8, 10) so I've still got four successes left! So yeah, 4 lethal downgraded to bashing.
                    Last edited by Dwyad; 11-11-2014, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Also, AT? Any time you're ready. Whether or not you get that car off the ledge, we're gonna need somebody to bodily pull these doors off. I'm not hauling this woman through a window, stabilized or no.

Comment

Hello - sorry for the absence.
                        As far as the account goes, I have created an account twice, but I am not allowed to login in until I confirm an email sent to me... which never arrived both times I set up the account.

Comment

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4714082/ success on perception check. I am not really sure how to convey much else in prose right now... can the perception check give me a little insight into what is going on around Freddy?

Comment

You checked your spam folder?

Comment

yup. I signed up again yesterday and I still have no email activation link, checked my spam folder and found nothing.

Comment

I am also not receiving an email

Comment

Working...
                                X