Changeling the Lost: Unseen Costs (OOC)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HobbitGuy1420
    started a topic Changeling the Lost: Unseen Costs (OOC)

Changeling the Lost: Unseen Costs (OOC)

IC thread at http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/g...nseen-costs-ic.

Have some out-of-character discussion of the game here!

• HobbitGuy1420
    replied
    You hold off the glamour high, but you *are* feeling all that and a chicken hat.

Leave a comment:

• crapcarp
    replied
    Originally posted by HobbitGuy1420 View Post
    I wasn't sure if you were going after it just to harvest Glamour, or to try to further Sullivan's story, or both in some proportion.

*looks over the rolls*

I'm going to say that the rolls as they are stand. You're now full on Glamour, and in fact stand a chance of a glamour high. GIve me a Resolve + Composure, please.
    Alright, using the Bugbear's Mask gives Dale the Narcissism derangement. Reading up on that, it looks like I'm gonna have to make two Resolve + Composure rolls.

Here they are. (The first one is for resisting the Glamour high, the second one's resisting a bout of vanity)

Leave a comment:

• HobbitGuy1420
    replied
    I wasn't sure if you were going after it just to harvest Glamour, or to try to further Sullivan's story, or both in some proportion.

*looks over the rolls*

I'm going to say that the rolls as they are stand. You're now full on Glamour, and in fact stand a chance of a glamour high. GIve me a Resolve + Composure, please.

Marmalade, if you're still around do you have a sheet for me to look at?

Anything else I'm missing for you guys?

Sorry I've not been the most responsive lately. Work has been... ergh. More ergh than usual.
    Last edited by HobbitGuy1420; 01-29-2015, 11:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Thrythlind
    replied
    I also need some indication as to the results of my rolls in order to proceed with an IC post.

Unless you have posted an IC thing and I wasn't notified....

Leave a comment:

• crapcarp
    replied
    Oh, I just thought of making all the rolls first, then roleplay it all out in one big post to get it outta the way quickly. After all, Dale's just gathering Glamour here. He's not interacting with any of the other PCs, NPCs (unless you count the targets to be NPCs), or the plot in any way.

Don't worry about me taking it the wrong way, you are the Storyteller here after all. That's why I asked for you to let me know about rerolling anything due to differing dice pools. And it's all good, we can just take the first roll and ignore the rest if you want.

Leave a comment:

• HobbitGuy1420
    replied
    Er... I meant just to roll the finding-people roll. I'd rather roleplay through at least some of the scene, unless the group doesn't want to take time on it. And (don't take me wrong here) I'd rather you wait for my sayso regarding modifiers to rolls, rather than assuming. Most of your thoughts seem fair, but it might not always be the case.

Leave a comment:

• crapcarp
    replied
    Finding target(s): [Wits + Composure - 1 = 4 dice: 2 successes]

Amount of targets: [1 die, amount is the number rolled halved, rounded up: 9; so 5 targets]

Enticing target(s) through lying: [Manipulation + Subterfuge = 5 dice: 3 successes]

Fear-mongering (Tale of Baba Yaga clause of Fleeting Autumn Contract): [Manipulation + Intimidation + Autumn Mantle + 1 - Target's Highest Composure = 6 dice, 6 rolls, 5 minutes/roll: 5 successes on first roll]

For these last rolls I've made a ton of assumptions. 1.) I don't know whether or not Specialties apply to Contract rolls, so I've decided not to apply it. 2.) I've assumed all four people are average, so that would mean 2-3 Composure, I went with 3 as the highest among them. 3.) Dale has managed to isolate them in a creepy area, so I gave a +1 bonus for spooky ambiance. 4.) Since Dale has worked pretty hard to establish the myth of Sullivan, I've decided that the Catch has been fulfilled.

As for the roll results, I needed 5 successes (one per person) in 6 rolls, and since I got both that amount and exceptional success on the first roll, the people have to run or cower in fear for 3 turns (equal to Dale's Wyrd dots). Dale takes one of these turns to slip away from the group, another to change to Sullivan, and the last to scare them as Sullivan (spending a Glamour point to activate the token).

Slipping away: [Dexterity + Stealth + Specialty + 2 = 10 dice + 9-again: 5 successes]

I gave a +2 here because it's quite easy to slip away when people are running away in fear.

Harvesting Glamour: [Manipulation + Intimidation + Specialty + Harvest + 5 = 13 dice: 10 successes] (DAAAMN!)

I gave a +5 because Dale got an exceptional success on the Contract roll, they're running away in fear, and Sullivan just appeared right in front of them.

Let me know if you want me to change any of these rolls for any reason. As for the flavor results, do you wanna write it up or should I?

Leave a comment:

• Thrythlind
    replied

Wits + Science: 1 success
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4758708/

Wits + Investigation: 2 successes + 10 again
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4758710/

10 again: 0 successes
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4758711/

If "Fringe Events" Investigation specialty applies, one more die: 0 successes
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4758713/

Just in case, rolling Wits + Occult - The Others specialty: 2 successes
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4758714/

Leave a comment:

• HobbitGuy1420
    replied
    All right - roll it!

Leave a comment:

• crapcarp
    replied
    Considering Dale's a little tired, what with spending both 2 WP and Glamour early on in the night, he'll only be a little picky. Like someone or a small group that could be easily led into an isolated area, like someone who's a little curious already or just looking for something fun/distracting to do. -1 perhaps?

If he finds someone who meets that criteria, he'll devise an appropriate lure for them, a fabrication about something they'd be interested in (something like "Do you know of that haunted house down the street?". Cliche I know, but that's just an example). Once he's got them hooked and isolated, then he'll start his fear-mongering centered around Sullivan by invoking the Tale of Baba Yaga clause (Core p. 157). Finally, he'll use the Bugbear's Mask to suddenly appear as Sullivan right before them (probably after hiding away from them first so they don't see him change into Sullivan, considering the nature of the transformation). Then he'll glaze up for all they're worth.

Leave a comment:

• HobbitGuy1420
    replied
    It happens. I've noticed that I have to check the threads frequently and delete old notifications before I can get new ones.

So! To investigate the rock, roll Wits + whatever skill you want to use. Science and Investigation could both be useful, and if you have other potentials, run 'em by me. Each roll is 10 minutes of looking over stuff.

Carp, assuming Sullivan is gonna go out looking for someone to terrorize, give me a wits + composure, with a penalty to indicate how picky you're gonna be. No penalty means you'll make do with scaring anyone, -5 means you want to find someone either currently violating or directly about to violate a dangerous supernatural space (or whatever other criteria you have for who Sullivan freaks out).
    Last edited by HobbitGuy1420; 01-23-2015, 12:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Thrythlind
    replied
    apparently my notifications are spotty...it only recently started informing me of new posts again.

Leave a comment:

• crapcarp
    replied
    Alright, so what I decided to do was put all the remaining rolls together, but since the penalties are stacking and I've decided to spend a WP on the last roll, I'm gonna take the appropriate dice off of each roll (which means I'm taking the last die off the 5th roll, and the last two on the 6th). So I'll put up the actual dice results for convenience.

5th roll - [5,4,2,8,2] - 1 success
    6th roll - [5,1,6,2] - 0 successes
    7th roll - [8,1,3,6,9,2] - 2 successes

Link: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4756112/

Heh, went a little better than I expected, considering. Onto the IC post! By the way, how're the rest of you guys going?

Leave a comment:

• HobbitGuy1420
    replied
    He's going to get more overt now. An additional -1 for each new roll.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X