Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clash of the Southeast IC post thread

This will be the IC post thread.

As of now, anyone that has already private messaged me their character sheet is in the game. There are two of you I have to talk about tweaking your sheet as the points don't quite match up. I will mail you later about it. You can start the game though.

The city of Puyo was bustling on this fine bright, sunny day 15 of the season of descending fire year 770. It seemed the whole of creation was stirring. Everyone knew that the Scarlet Empress was gone for good. This was not another one of her trips away. This was the time to build up further and gain control of the lands.

Noone really mentioned Puyo and the kingdom of Harborhead until now. They were not the largest regions and of critical importance. A few cities here and there, but that did offer certain advantages. And as this was the time to expand, the guild and the Goddess of the Grey River (on behalf of the Thousand River's Court) sought to expand their influence further south. As the guild knew they would never be allowed to step into the Thousand River's Court metting on Drigia, they sought to appeal directly to the people (and maybe fatten up their wallets) to start their influence at a key stop on the way to the south; Puyo.

Knowing this, the Thousand Rivers Court sought to win over Puyo and gain full control of the area. They could use the area's resources and did not want to guild changing their perceived role. The guild had been acting a bit different for the last couple of years and the Court did not like it. The Goddess of the Grey River sought to stop their expansion and make sure they stayed under her thumb (well; as much as they were ever).

Trade seemed to be thriving in the area and a lot of money could be seen passing around at the small bazaar. A throng of citizens were yelling, haggling, threatening, buying, selling, and more. On the other hand, many dignitaries and politicians could be seen leaving the court hall, whispering in each others ears as they made their way home.

Times were very hectic in this town. With the guild coming in creating a great amount of trade in such a short time, the Thousand River Court appearing among the masses, and stories of black lands and knights slowly creeping their way towards Puyo, the city didn't know what to do. All they could do was focus on their daily activities. The leadership even seemed for a bit of a loss. Power dynamics had been changing too fast for a small town to keep up. Who knows what would happen to this town...

You all find yourselves together amongst the outskirts of this bustling city. What do?
    Last edited by Loki; 01-06-2015, 05:53 PM. Reason: Accidentally made this in the forums :/

Flynn sat in a local tea house, considering his glass of water. He heard that water was tasteless, but the liquid in this glass tasted like dirt. Who knows what sort of things have been swimming around and shitting in it? At least with alcohol, you knew that it was clean. Otherwise, they wouldn't pour it on wounds.

As a tall, young man, he fit awkwardly at the small table in the tea house. His long blond wavy hair was pulled back into a tail. He rubbed his day old stubble nervously as he waited for his contact to arrive. His grey eyes searched the room to see if he could find Swimming Owl. It was probably useless; she wouldn't be see until she wished to reveal herself.
    Last edited by wonderandawe; 01-06-2015, 10:23 PM. Reason: Flynn looks like he is in his mid twenties. Edited the description slightly to make that more clear. Yay, almost eternal youth!

Are you ready to rage? Discover if you are Brave Enough to fight for the soul of the world.

The Werewolf: the Apocalypse Quest updates on Mondays. All are welcome to vote.

Comment

Nobody noticed another Guild clerk. The Perfect Petal was a popular establishment with merchants passing through the city who wanted a break from the dust and grit and sore legs of the road and a taste of civilization. It was packed with young men and women from the latest caravan, looking to part ways with a portion of their pay.

Just as sore and tired as the rest of them, completely unremarkable in her dust-stained travel garb, Swimming Owl slipped into a booth in the corner opposite a man she recognized even if nobody else did.

"Please tell me you're not drinking on the job already, Flynn?"

So I'm making God-Kicking Boot, an Exalted webcomic, now. Updates on Sundays. Full-color, mediocre but slowly improving art. It's a thing.

The absence of a monument can, in its own way, be something of a monument also.
      -Roger Zelazny

Comment

"Oh, don't worry. It's just water." Flynn lifts up his glass and takes a gulp. Grimacing, he puts the glass down. "I'd be in a better mood if I was drinking."

"So.... I should apologize. I didn't think they's assign you to make sure I don't fuck this up." Flynn moved around to try and get more comfortable at the little table. "Babysitting doesn't seem to be your expertise."

Are you ready to rage? Discover if you are Brave Enough to fight for the soul of the world.

Comment

Swimming Owl raised an eyebrow. "Okay, first things first. If we're going to work together? Two things. Number one: you don't order water in a fucking teahouse. Even if you're tryin' to cut back on the booze. You there! Two cups and a kettle! Nexus Red Company's black tea, fresh if you have it, please."

She smiled as the waitress bustled off.

"Second? You are correct. I am terrible at baby sitting. Not gonna babysit you. You're old enough to be my father, and I expect you to act like it. We've been assigned here because this place is a goddamned powder keg, and you don't send people you can't afford to lose into a goddamned powder keg. We are expendable assets, you and me, we are going to be in hot water, and I need to know you've got my back. Do you have my back?"

So I'm making God-Kicking Boot, an Exalted webcomic, now. Updates on Sundays. Full-color, mediocre but slowly improving art. It's a thing.

-Roger Zelazny

Comment

"Bah. Could never stand the taste of tea. Never understood..." Flynn trails off. He was about to bring up his time with the Bronze Faction. But that was behind him now. Time to move forward.

Flynn met Swimming Owl's eyes. "Maidens know I deserve it, but I'm tired of being treated like a fucking kid.”

His eyes unfocused for a bit, getting lost in his own memories. "I'll be honest. I'm not that good in a fight. Jericho died because of that."

Taking a deep breath, Flynn continued. "I plan on changing that. I’ve been training on my own each morning. To think of all the opportunities I've squandered...”

“But we are in this together. I got your back. If we go down, we will go down together. Though, if possible, let’s arrange things so that the chance of us dying horrible is kept to a minimum. There are other ways to achieve our goals besides combat.” Flynn smiled and gently patted his Sanxian case.

"Seriously, I need to introduce you to coffee. It has a much stronger kick than tea.”
            Last edited by wonderandawe; 01-06-2015, 10:21 PM.

Comment

"Stuff gives me headaches." Owl smiled. "Hopefully we won't get in any fights, or if we do we'll have big burly Exalts between us and the enemy. Now, just to be sure we're on the same page here, because the Bureau's done it to me before...we do have the same mission objectives, right? No secondary objectives or surprise moves from you on this one? I tend to work deep cover, and it can get risky if I have to improvise."

-Roger Zelazny

Comment

Nahuel had never, in his entire life, felt so profoundly uncomfortable, nor looked so utterly out of place, as he did entering the bustling tea house. Sorath had explained the basics of 'civilized' etiquette, but he honestly hadn't paid much attention after the first half hour; how could anything so absurd be terribly important?

Ah well, it was not truly in his nature to be put off or back down from something simply because it was strange to him. If the city folk didn't like it, surely they were just covering their jealousy at someone who so obviously knew how to truly live. If they stared, well, he'd take it as a compliment. Straightening his shoulders, he looks about the place for the people Sorath described to him... ah, there they are. He strides across the tea house like a tiger among housecats towards the table with the two Sidereals. He arrives just in time to pick up the tail end of their conversation.

"Or perhaps that is why I am here. Are you Swimming Owl and...Fleen?"

Comment

"Hmmm....." Flynn pulls out a piece of parchment and makes a show of reading it. "It says right here that I am assassinate the first woman that buys me tea at the Perfect Petal Tea House. Or is that deflower? My handwriting is so fucking illegible..." He shows Swimming Owl the parchment which contains his grocery list.

The waitress arrives with the tea and Flynn waits until she leaves to continue. He leans in close and whispers "I'm to bring notice to the good works that certain unappreciated groups have done. Also, our traveling companions aren't suppose to leave the city for the foreseeable future. "

Somehow, he managed to lean back without knocking anything on the table over. Flynn then starts spooning sugar into his tea. Perhaps if he adds enough of it, it will make it taste bearable.

"Obviously, the second part of the mission is easier to accomplish than the first. I still thinking about how to accomplish the first without attracting the wrong sort of attention."

Comment

(Flynn probably wouldn't be quite so open about his mission in front of the lunar. Silly Play by Post timing).

Seeing Nahuel approach, Flynn puts away his grocery list. "Come join us! " He scoots over to make room for the Lunar and pushes his tea cup over. "Here, have some tea! I hope you like sugar."

Comment

Having left his small town of Stone Thumb in the capable hands of his thurmaturge ally and armed with the knowledge of the disarray Puyo garnered form his once refuge new ally he set off to investigate the disruptions that risked his first and new ward. Better yet how to twist the chaotic nature of the time to benefit him, his town, and Creation. Upon approaching the Puyo knowing full well of his his wanted nature kept his false form as The Healer, Fovnag that served to open his eyes to the world and provide a new form to explore it with. He must take the upmost care less he be reviled his form compromised and be wide open to mundane forms of tracking. To gather information on his wanted statues in the city and to immerse him self in the local goings on he headed to the market center. Unsurprising there where a few posters up for his capture but none terribly recent and all of other forms. As for information of current news he chose the tea house over then pub as his current form would seem far more at home in the prior. While searching for a good seat he over heard two gentleman talking of Maidens. Well as good a lead as any, taking a seat nearby and ordering the cheapest tea available. Sipping his newly delivered tea he settled in and focused on the neighboring conversation. What a interesting conversation theses two appear to be sidereals, time for him to do some spying. Unfortunately his snooping was interupted by a man that obviously had something against even the notion of subtlety.
                      Last edited by Luxweaver; 01-06-2015, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Seeing that they accepted and even expected such a barbarous man and a lunner no less into there conversation that these where no ordinary Sidereals. The kind he had heard about hunting down and killing all Lunenrs. He decided to approach. “Good day gentlemen!” his eyes hanging a bit longer on the barbarian then was strictly necessary when saying this. “I could not help but overhear that you are in fact not mere men and that the you are aware of what is afoot in the kingdom. May I take a seat and join you in your worldly conversation?”

Comment

Flynn is taken a back that this random person has been listening in to their conversation and now has barged into said conversation.

Gods, I hope Arcane Fate takes care of this fuck up, Flynn thinks to himself.

However, Flynn recovers quickly and "Of course you can join us. Have a seat! I think we need more tea or coffee, if they have it. " He flags down the waitress to take their orders.

"Perhaps we should introduce ourselves. My name is Flynn. If you can't tell from the Saxian Case, I am a traveling musician. What is your name?" Flynn asks of the eavesdropper.

Swimming Owl (and The Servant, since he was eavesdropping) will notice that Flynn's entire mood has shifted when Nahuel and the Servant approached the table. Flynn is always at his best when he has an audience.
                          Last edited by wonderandawe; 01-07-2015, 12:10 AM.

Comment

"I am Nahuel. I was told to find the two of you and aid you... I was told nothing about tea." He's seen tea before; the shamans used to make it as medicine, but he doesn't think that's what it's being used for here. "I don't know. I have never had sugar before."

Comment

"Sugar is sweet, like honey. It's used to lessen the bitter taste of the tea. Some also add milk or lemon to tea to try to mask its taste. Try it. If you don't like it, there are other things to drink at the tea house. " Flynn adds some sugar and cream to his coffee.

"Nahuel, who sent you our way? It is not often that people such as yourself are sent to find us." Or able to find us in the first place, Flynn thinks as he drinks his coffee.

He logically knew that Lunar Exalts were more powerful than Dragon Blooded, but... Flynn was used to having to come to the object of his mission. Never had the object of his mission come and track him down.
                              Last edited by wonderandawe; 01-07-2015, 12:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X