No announcement yet.

[OOC] Mage: The Awakening - Anthology of Power

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm okay with it. I've just played in a lot of games with militant players that didn't like the perceived nature of what is and what isn't "fair." I don't have an issue, I'm just not used to it...that's all.

The Rule of Three works for now. Maybe there is an in-character discussion about whether it can be changed.

So the base premise is that Astoria's mentor left, and she seeks out to build her own cabal. She "hires" Phoenix as protection, and teams up with Barto due to the lack of sanctum space in Boston (as well as their mutual interests). Make no mistake, she is not a "leader" of the group, but potentially seeks out the cabal to work together than the others do perhaps? As per usual, correct me if I'm wrong.

(Crapcarp, it would be a 9, you're right. I forgot it's adding both scores and not the higher of the two)

Comment

I like to think I'm pretty good at weeding out problem players. Its often easy to spot during character creation if you pay attention. One of the things I look for is whether or not players make a fuss when I ask them to change things on their character sheet. It gives me a good snapshot of what their priorities are, and how well they work with a group. In return I work with my Players and do everything I can to ensure they get to have the character they want, and that we all enjoy the game. I think this group is going to work well together

Comment

I hope my change of allocations didn't let me in a bad place, then.

Ok, so as it seems I'm going first....

Should I get right to those thre hours before the meeting, or may I perhaps show some little snapshots of what constitutes the everyday life of Dr. Bates? You know, his morning rituals, a bit of the relationship with his wife, a bit of work, research as mage, etc, etc.

I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

Comment

By all means Thorbes. Add as much detail as you like. The more the better as far as I'm concerned. Oh, and just the opposite. You were perfectly willing to work with me when I asked you to change your Attributes, showing you were a mature player. I appreciated it.

Also, a Cabal name submitted for your consideration: The Trinity Cycle.
          Last edited by Techpriest; 02-05-2015, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Sounds nice! I'll just refer to the ritual place as Cabal's Sanctum until everybody agrees on the name.

Ok, minor OOC skill rolls here, more as a test than anything:

Rutinary Heart Surgery: Dexterity (3) + Medicine (4) + Specialty (Surgery)= 1,4,7,7,8,8,9,10 (Re-roll=3) = 4 Successes.

Soul Marks Rote: Intelligence (4) + Medicine (4) + Death (2)= 3,4,4,7,8,8,8,8,10,10 (Re-roll=3,3) = 6 Successes.

Also, sorry for the awfully long post. Next ones would be shorter, but I needed to present the character in his three facets as Husband (Marvin), Surgeon (Dr.Bates) and Mage (Bardo). I though I should add my personal note to the underlaying rule of three theme.

Comment

Great post to get us started Thorbes. I love what you're doing with the threes, and the added details about your character's life really brings the story alive, and gives me stuff to work with later on

Comment

My into is not quite as dense as Bardo's, but I figured it's just about easing in for the moment before we do to the meat and potatoes of the meal. Astoria refers to their Sanctum as "The Nest," although this doesn't have to be a shared term...she had a tendency to give nicknames to most things that don't have one.

Side note: these forums aren't exactly mobile-friendly, are they? That's the last time I write a big post and try to put it up while at work via phone.

(Apologies to any typos or autocorrects that I may have not caught yet.)

Comment

Originally posted by Thorbes View Post
                  Also, sorry for the awfully long post. Next ones would be shorter, but I needed to present the character in his three facets as Husband (Marvin), Surgeon (Dr.Bates) and Mage (Bardo). I though I should add my personal note to the underlaying rule of three theme.
                  I feel ya man, my intro was pretty long as well. You just don't think about it when you're writing until you stop and see for yourself, and by then you don't wanna delete all the stuff you wrote.

Comment

Originally posted by crapcarp View Post
                    I feel ya man, my intro was pretty long as well. You just don't think about it when you're writing until you stop and see for yourself, and by then you don't wanna delete all the stuff you wrote.
                    Hear, hear My internet went down mid-writing so I copy-pasted it to word and continue writing, then I saw I was about to hit the third page and just stoped for sanity's sake

Comment

So now that we all posted, is my turn again, or should the Storyteller set the scene?

Comment

You know you've got a great group of players when they're complaining that their posts are too long.

This was a great series of opening posts guys, I'm very happy with this group! My role doesn't kick back in until you guys go to see Meristoktrix, so lets have another round of posts where you guys interact at the Nest. You guys should feel free to interact there as much as you like. It gives me a wonderful array of stuff to use later on. As soon as you guys head to the Tap Room, I'll make my next post.

Comment

Ok, guys, so should we skip to when you start to arrive to The Nest, first Astoria, then Phoenix? Bardo's been there for almost all the afternoon. Maybe I can perform some protection rituals (Prudence, you now? ) while you get there, it would take a good 3 hours at least.

Comment

Yes, for the sake of flow I think it best to have them both arrive during your post Thorbes.

Comment

Ok, it's settled then. Don't expect a block of text as the first one tough

EDIT:

Body Control Spell: Gnosis (2) + Life (2) + High Speech (2) + Willpower (3) - 4 (Duration: 12 hours) = 2,4,6,10,10 (Re-roll=8,9) = 4 Successes (Potency)

Effects: for 12 hours Bardo will enjoy the following benefits:

Needs eight times as less oxigen as usual
                              +4 Initiative (for a total of 19)
                              Can go for eight times as much time without food/rest before deprivation/fatigue settles in.
                              Poisons/toxins take 8 times the normal period between damage effects.
                              Heals a level of Bashing Damage every 30 seconds.

Cost: 1 Mana

Current Mana: 4

Current Willpower: 5
                              Last edited by Thorbes; 02-06-2015, 09:08 PM. Reason: added final Initiative value after bonuses.

Comment

Can I just say....I love this magic system.

Comment

Working...
                                X