Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[IC][Exalted 2.5] The Emerald Labyrinth

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Neverborn! I must steel myself! the Prodigal thinks to himself as he hears the whispers of his undying masters. He had heard of those like him that were in near constant communication with them, but he rarely, if ever was troubled with their attentions. That they spoke to him now only meant they were taking an interest in what he was doing. It is only through sheer determination that he doesn't cry out for the fear that threatens to overwhelm him.

    The cryptic words continue to echo in the Deathknight's mind as he quickly scans the crowd to see if any have noticed his momentary lapse or even noticed him at all. His composure returns to him slowly as he mulls over the differences in how he views what he is and how the originators of the void view him. Knight, Paladin, these are terms for a warrior. The Daybreak is a scholar above all and that knowledge serves him well in his pursuit of dealing with unruly spirits. If in the process of keeping those spirits in line causes the same to fall into the void and cease to be, so much the better. It keeps the void away off his back and ensures the spirits will trouble mortals no longer. Yet, disposing of spirits in that manner strengthens that which he is tasked with serving and would have died opposing...

    The words suggest that Merciful could be there before the Shadow of the Abyss. He couldn't be sure, but it would almost have to be in the guise of the young woman that had attracted everyone's attention so. No other explanation made sense at this point. Still, as he made his way through the crowd, a way to divine just that without giving anything away were he right or wrong popped into his waiting mind...

    "Highness, I don't mean to interrupt, but I was tasked with ensuring that you learned while you were in these parts," the Prodigal began. "I respect your wishes to conduct business, but I would like a word with you about how we could schedule your tutoring in religions around Creation. It would mean so very much to me if you would be so..." A pause to make it seem like he was trying to think of the word he wanted to use like a wise courtier would. No special emphasis on the word to draw any attention to it. The pause would be enough to clue in the one that it was meant to alert to his suspicion and no other. "...merciful."


    I play forum games! Come check out the (mis?)adventures of
    Jensven Vargsmed and his canine companion, Shadow in "Forging a Nation" (OOC, IC)
    ...or the Prodigal of Ashen Remorse in "Emerald Labyrinth" (OOC, IC)

    Comment


    • Xisa gave a bow to Franceska, a vague feeling of dread coming upon her, before straightening up and looking her in the eyes. "Sister Franceska, our hosts have picked up another guest." She said tilting her head towards the tiny wolf. "Hutzupo here is being followed, we may be dealing with some..gate crashers, from very far out of town."


      Duly Elected Guild Hierarch of the Onyx Path Forums

      http://northernfoxgames.com/

      Comment


      • "Gate crashers?" Zarah tucks her hands into her sleeves, where she keeps her knives hidden. She turns to Orca and the Lover. "What sort of trouble did you boys bring to our doorstep?" Another Immaculate Monk and a small dog being follow by Dragons knows what. If trouble keeps piling up, Zarah might not need to worry about the King of Hoof.


        Are you ready to rage? Discover if you are Brave Enough to fight for the soul of the world.

        The Werewolf: the Apocalypse Quest updates on Mondays. All are welcome to vote.

        Comment


        • Orca gives his Alchemical friend a playful jab, "She calls down the wrath of an ancient behemoth upon her head not even a day ago, and WE'RE the troublemakers for taking in a lost puppy." He takes a bite of his lichen treat again.

          "We didn't cause any trouble!" Orca yells back to Zarah, "The monk and the godling approached us looking for assistance and we offered our help." He turns around to face the group after he'd gone through his stuff to take out his weapon sketches. "Oh, and Miss Zarah? This is Xisa." He gestures to the other monk in the group, "We....sort of have a past."


          "Oh boys! Look what I got here!"
          "Hey, where the Dynast women at?"

          Comment


          • Following the captain inside The Lover takes a bun and pays way too much to the sister for it "Thank you miss".Rolling his eyes before smiling at Zarah while the captain rummage through his personal effects "Well, we all have a different meaning of the word trouble I suppose, how was your supply run ? I would like to begin woring as soon as possible. Since Zan expressed interest in a power armor I figured that we could use some as well, certain low maintenance design used in Autochtonia are quite robust and simple to use."

            Comment


            • "Our supplies should be here by the end of the day." Zarah reenters the warehouse, keeping a close eye on the two Immaculate Monks. "Unfortunately, I was not planning on hosting the meal itself, so all I have to offer is some ice wine and... well, I do not remember what is in this Jug," Holding up jug she got at the tavern. "Orca, be our Imperial Taste Tester and tell us what it is."


              Are you ready to rage? Discover if you are Brave Enough to fight for the soul of the world.

              The Werewolf: the Apocalypse Quest updates on Mondays. All are welcome to vote.

              Comment


              • Orca takes the jug, turning it up and taking a big swig from it. "Mmmmm! I don't know what it might be, but it's strong!" He reaches into an open crate, pulling out a bunch of pewter cups and pouring some of the drink into each one. "The perfect drink to celebrate our new little endeavor we have going here!"


                "Oh boys! Look what I got here!"
                "Hey, where the Dynast women at?"

                Comment


                • Grabbing a cup from Orca, The Lover smells it a bit before looking at the other "True this could be the beginning of a strong and beneficial friendship, depending on how long your lifespan is." Raising his cup waiting for for the others, once the materials are delivered we'll be able to get to work on preparing ourselves for the labyrinth though I estimate it may take a week or two to be completely operational."
                  Last edited by Magnusar; 11-26-2015, 03:33 PM.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X