Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[IC][Exalted 2.5] The Emerald Labyrinth

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dietaku
    started a topic [IC][Exalted 2.5] The Emerald Labyrinth

    [IC][Exalted 2.5] The Emerald Labyrinth

    As you walk off the hustle and bustle of the airship dock, away from the friendly environs, into the new city. You enter into a cobblestone square, with a hustle and bustle of people, centered around a large fountain in the center of the space. On one end is a crowd of people gathered around a large dead carcass on a cart. Cheers and happy singing are coming from the crowd, while on the other side, there is a small market of vendors selling their wares. You can see a variety of merchants, from Guildsmen to the infamous Icecrowners peddling the pale Rimesilk they're so famous for, and many, many others.

    Near the fountain is a full-figured woman in the robes of an Immaculate monk, her Rosary of the Five Dragons, stashed in her sash like a sword, and more unusual of all, an unruly mane of curls the color of the sky flows about her head. She's currently engaged in a Punch and Judy rendition of the Immaculate Dragons slaying the Anathema and sealing their souls in darkness for a gaggle of children and a band of hecklers.

    What will you do?
    Last edited by Dietaku; 02-24-2015, 01:02 PM.

  • Magnusar
    replied
    Grabbing a cup from Orca, The Lover smells it a bit before looking at the other "True this could be the beginning of a strong and beneficial friendship, depending on how long your lifespan is." Raising his cup waiting for for the others, once the materials are delivered we'll be able to get to work on preparing ourselves for the labyrinth though I estimate it may take a week or two to be completely operational."
    Last edited by Magnusar; 11-26-2015, 03:33 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • dreamking89
    replied
    Orca takes the jug, turning it up and taking a big swig from it. "Mmmmm! I don't know what it might be, but it's strong!" He reaches into an open crate, pulling out a bunch of pewter cups and pouring some of the drink into each one. "The perfect drink to celebrate our new little endeavor we have going here!"

    Leave a comment:


  • wonderandawe
    replied
    "Our supplies should be here by the end of the day." Zarah reenters the warehouse, keeping a close eye on the two Immaculate Monks. "Unfortunately, I was not planning on hosting the meal itself, so all I have to offer is some ice wine and... well, I do not remember what is in this Jug," Holding up jug she got at the tavern. "Orca, be our Imperial Taste Tester and tell us what it is."

    Leave a comment:


  • Magnusar
    replied
    Following the captain inside The Lover takes a bun and pays way too much to the sister for it "Thank you miss".Rolling his eyes before smiling at Zarah while the captain rummage through his personal effects "Well, we all have a different meaning of the word trouble I suppose, how was your supply run ? I would like to begin woring as soon as possible. Since Zan expressed interest in a power armor I figured that we could use some as well, certain low maintenance design used in Autochtonia are quite robust and simple to use."

    Leave a comment:


  • dreamking89
    replied
    Orca gives his Alchemical friend a playful jab, "She calls down the wrath of an ancient behemoth upon her head not even a day ago, and WE'RE the troublemakers for taking in a lost puppy." He takes a bite of his lichen treat again.

    "We didn't cause any trouble!" Orca yells back to Zarah, "The monk and the godling approached us looking for assistance and we offered our help." He turns around to face the group after he'd gone through his stuff to take out his weapon sketches. "Oh, and Miss Zarah? This is Xisa." He gestures to the other monk in the group, "We....sort of have a past."

    Leave a comment:


  • wonderandawe
    replied
    "Gate crashers?" Zarah tucks her hands into her sleeves, where she keeps her knives hidden. She turns to Orca and the Lover. "What sort of trouble did you boys bring to our doorstep?" Another Immaculate Monk and a small dog being follow by Dragons knows what. If trouble keeps piling up, Zarah might not need to worry about the King of Hoof.

    Leave a comment:


  • The Revenge of TV Head
    replied
    Xisa gave a bow to Franceska, a vague feeling of dread coming upon her, before straightening up and looking her in the eyes. "Sister Franceska, our hosts have picked up another guest." She said tilting her head towards the tiny wolf. "Hutzupo here is being followed, we may be dealing with some..gate crashers, from very far out of town."

    Leave a comment:


  • Belkra
    replied
    The Neverborn! I must steel myself! the Prodigal thinks to himself as he hears the whispers of his undying masters. He had heard of those like him that were in near constant communication with them, but he rarely, if ever was troubled with their attentions. That they spoke to him now only meant they were taking an interest in what he was doing. It is only through sheer determination that he doesn't cry out for the fear that threatens to overwhelm him.

    The cryptic words continue to echo in the Deathknight's mind as he quickly scans the crowd to see if any have noticed his momentary lapse or even noticed him at all. His composure returns to him slowly as he mulls over the differences in how he views what he is and how the originators of the void view him. Knight, Paladin, these are terms for a warrior. The Daybreak is a scholar above all and that knowledge serves him well in his pursuit of dealing with unruly spirits. If in the process of keeping those spirits in line causes the same to fall into the void and cease to be, so much the better. It keeps the void away off his back and ensures the spirits will trouble mortals no longer. Yet, disposing of spirits in that manner strengthens that which he is tasked with serving and would have died opposing...

    The words suggest that Merciful could be there before the Shadow of the Abyss. He couldn't be sure, but it would almost have to be in the guise of the young woman that had attracted everyone's attention so. No other explanation made sense at this point. Still, as he made his way through the crowd, a way to divine just that without giving anything away were he right or wrong popped into his waiting mind...

    "Highness, I don't mean to interrupt, but I was tasked with ensuring that you learned while you were in these parts," the Prodigal began. "I respect your wishes to conduct business, but I would like a word with you about how we could schedule your tutoring in religions around Creation. It would mean so very much to me if you would be so..." A pause to make it seem like he was trying to think of the word he wanted to use like a wise courtier would. No special emphasis on the word to draw any attention to it. The pause would be enough to clue in the one that it was meant to alert to his suspicion and no other. "...merciful."

    Leave a comment:


  • dreamking89
    replied
    "Lichen? Like the stuff that grows on rocks up here?" Orca asks, picking up one of the buns and sniffing at it. Such strange things these Northerners ate! It seemed like centuries since he last had fried octopus wrapped in Wavecrest seaweed. Despite his hesitation, the captain's eyes lit up as he took a bite of the bun. "By the Ocean Father, this is fantastic!!" He gives a tip of his hat, "Much obliged, Sister." He takes another bite, then opens the door to the warehouse, gesturing for Lover to follow, "Come, my friend. I have blueprints to show you and you have a home you must tell me of."

    Leave a comment:


  • wonderandawe
    replied
    Zarah makes her way back to her warehouse deep in thought. Now she had time to think, she was pissed that Zan took another contract without consulting her. Damn Damn Damn. I knew I should have gotten the Dragonblooded to sign an exclusive contract. Though, in this frigid waste, who knows what authority such a contract would hold. For all Zarah knew, it would be more useful for the chamber pot. Either way, Zan was not in a state to argue business at the pub.

    As she rounded the corner towards the Warehouse, Zarah notices the Immaculate Sister waiting by the door of the Warehouse. Oh, dear. Zarah thought they were going to have dinner on the Airship. Zarah certainly didn't have anything appropriate for Immaculate Monk to eat in the warehouse. Carefully stepping over a pile of manure, Zarah walks up to the sister and give her Zarah's best hostess smile. "Good Evening, Sister. I'm sure whatever you brought is fine." Put the sister at ease so she wouldn't ask too many probing questions.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dietaku
    replied
    (Guild)

    The clerk accepts your bribe without comment, writes down a note in a parchment and pushes it into your hand.

    "Your goods will be delivered by sundown, Miss. This ought not be an issue," He says, matter of factly.

    The note turns out to be a shipping manifest in Guild stenoscript of the like employed by the Realm.

    All Sarah can do now is wait. What will you do now?
    .

    Leave a comment:


  • Dietaku
    replied
    (Alleyway)

    "It was a creatures sent to get me! From some Fairy castle , a what did he call himself "Major Dummy?" From what I heard, he thought I was one of his mistress' babies! Woof! I may be a handsome fellow , but I, Hutzupo, am no Fae!" the tiny god proclaimed, "However, I will accept your offer. Beggars cannot choose their meat , as my big bro always said."

    As the Circle makes their way back to the earehouse, you see Me deal Davis Franceska waiting for you.

    " I hope I am not too early. One of the faithful donated some lichen buns to my mission this afternoon, and I thought I would share them with you, " the Immaculate sister said sheepishly.

    What will you do?

    Leave a comment:


  • Dietaku
    replied
    (Teahouse)

    Prodigal's sight is as he sees A pair going through the politics of business, nothing unusual here or in the Underworld, but...

    A chill ran down his spine as though someone has spilled.ice water down his back as words, black and morose were etched into his mind.

    "The Chosen of Our Cousin stands before you, sweet Paladin of Void. He is cloaked in the lies of our Cousin, the Wyrm of Mistruths. Be wary, Sweet Paladin. His aims are not the Annihilation We crave. Beware, beware! Six marks the stone as Wolf howls for jealous farmers and Dragon makes a nest for Sheep. Beware, beware, our Sweet Knight of Death..."

    Leave a comment:


  • wonderandawe
    replied
    Zarah leaves the pub deep in thought. Could she prepare for an expedition in less than 24 hours? Perhaps it was time to put her abilities to test. She went back to the Guild and asked to push up the delivery of the goods. She offered a discrete bribe to the clerk to assure prompt delivery and high quality goods.

    Afterwards, Zarah headed back to the Warehouse. She would have to ask The Lover and Orca to get their suggestions on Armor and Weapons.


    I am unsure what would be a good bribe. Zarah has 3 Resources, but she is unwilling to deplete herself.

    Int 3 + Bureaucracy 5 + Commence Specialty 1 = 9 dice (5 Successes + 4 Successes for 8 Personal Essence) = 9 Successes Total
    http://dice.brainclouds.net/Result.aspx?ID=EFBRV2GF

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X