[OoC] Mummy the Curse: The Washingtonians Chronicle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [OoC] Mummy the Curse: The Washingtonians Chronicle

You can post your character sheets and discuss concepts here. If you need help making a character don't be afraid to ask for advice.

Storyteller:
    RisTigger

(Mostly) Confirmed Players:
    Blind Dragon
    Okami
    Kleptomania
    AkatsukiLeader13

Is there any specific format we're going for here or is it just make-it-in-a-word-doc?

Comment

My apologies for the delay. I should have a preliminary sheet here tonight or tomorrow at the latest.

Comment

Been a bit delayed myself. I have a test tomorrow morning so I won't have a sheet up until tomorrow night at the earliest.

Is there anything particularly special about the group or the setting we should know about?

Homo sapiens. What an inventive, invincible species. It's only a few million years since they crawled up out of the mud and learned to walk. Puny, defenceless bipeds. They've survived flood, famine and plague. They've survived cosmic wars and holocausts. And now, here they are, out among the stars, waiting to begin a new life. Ready to outsit eternity. They're indomitable. Indomitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Okami View Post
          Is there any specific format we're going for here or is it just make-it-in-a-word-doc?
          The easiest thing would be to copy paste your sheet in this thread. If you want to just send me your sheet, message me or you can somehow post it in the thread some other way.

As for the setting. Like we established before, this chronicle is set in Washington D.C. Because this is mummy, keeping things ambiguous is part of the game. I will tell you we are starting in the 21st century. Specifically 2010, two years before the next Sothis rise. The city is in a state of flux, things are changing and shifting creating a power imbalance in the city. You are all caught in the middle of clashing ideals.

Comment

Awesome, I should have a sheet up sometime within the next couple days.

Comment

I'm still working in my character sheet. I've got a lot of it down and am figuring out how to spend my starting experience. How is everyone else doing?

Oh, and I also need a name. I might actually end up going with a title, say she forgot her original name if possible, makes it easier.
              Last edited by Kleptomania; 03-18-2015, 06:10 AM.

Raksi plays Peek-a-boo for keeps. ~ nalak42

Comment

The names are really really hard, I dont have one down yet. My character though is a tef-ahbi who I see as slightly disillusioned with his overall purpose, so for some descents now he's been trying to rebuild his memory. Its not helping that he forgets most of what he's doing every time. I also see him as unusually active for a mummy, he has his cult wake him for a defined list of emergencies and other than that every century. As a builder it drives him nuts being unable to be continually working. Of course he doesnt realize this schedule is actually more of a recent habit after certain events, and that this time his cult missed the mark again due to other recent events. While if it does seem apparent one of his cult members is directly at fault he'll punish them brutally (he is a mummy after all) he'll also secretly be reevaluating how he runs things, or the elements that failed. He designed his cult after all, he taught them how they should run themselves, if his design was meant to last then there shouldnt have been a failure. This means not only the hands but the vision must have been flawed. By the by he also has a lot of investment in his cult. It currently operates as a company that just moved its headquarters to D.C. and specializes in internet infrastructure.

Comment

I'm halfway done with the sheet. I did choose a name, but it's a placeholder still. I wish there a list or something of Iremite names to pick and choose from.

About cults, will we be sharing? My Sesha-Hebsu is a cross between an academic and an investigator, so I was thinking the cult would be a secret society in a local university. Something like the Skull and Bones, only much more low-key. But it's just an idea.

Comment

This might help with the names.

http://fantasynamegenerators.com/egy...p#.VQnXzjHF_lc

Comment

I dont see why we should share one big cult, it'll be interesting to see how each of ours responds to other ancient *insert divine story cooked up by your mummy here* things like theirs, whose obviously better than all those others, duh.

Comment

Originally posted by Blind Dragon View Post
                        About cults, will we be sharing? My Sesha-Hebsu is a cross between an academic and an investigator, so I was thinking the cult would be a secret society in a local university. Something like the Skull and Bones, only much more low-key. But it's just an idea.
                        Might I suggest you operate out of John Hopkins University or the Martin Luther King Jr Memorial Library? Both would be good places to hide for a sesha-hebsu.

Comment

Originally posted by RisTigger View Post
                          Might I suggest you operate out of John Hopkins University or the Martin Luther King Jr Memorial Library? Both would be good places to hide for a sesha-hebsu.
                          Johns Hopkins sounds perfect. Let's go with that.

And I'm for having our separate cults, especially if we're from separate guilds. I don't imagine my Mummy's cult would be very big, but it might be different for others.

Comment

Wow, sorry for not being too active guys. Got done with a portfolio friday so I should have some stuff up by the end of the weekend.

Comment

Preliminary Character thoughts;
                              Name;
                              Age;
                              Class; Starting Arisen (20 starting exp)
                              Experience; 0 Present,
                              Height;
                              Guild; Tef-Aabhi
                              Judge;
                              Memory; 3
                              Decree; Ren
                              Sekhem;

Pillars:
                              Ab; 3
                              Ba; 1
                              Ka; 1
                              Ren; 3
                              Sheut; 1

Affinities:
                              Owned; Model Lifeweb, Pharaoh Reigns Anew [Ab 3], Soulsight [Ab 3] (all from creation),
                              To Get; Blessed Panoply [Ren 2] Gift of Truth [Ren 1], Wisdom of the Ancients [Ba 1], Entombed Glory [none], Enlightened Senses [Ren 2], Guardian Wrath [Ka 2], Epic Heart [Ab 2], Eternal Legend [Ren 5], God-King's Sceptre [Cult 3], Soul Infusion [Ba 3]

Utterances:
                              Owned; Palace Knows Its Pharoah, Power of Re
                              To Get; Rebuke the Vizier, Revelations of Smoke and Flame, Rite of Sacred Scarab

Attributes:

Mental:

Intelligence; 3
                              Wits; 2
                              Resolve 3

Physical:

Strength; 2
                              Dexterity; 2
                              Stamina; 2

Social:

Presence; 2
                              Manipulation; 3 (+1 for favored attribute from Ren Pillar)
                              Composure; 3

Skills: 11/7/4 Primary, Secondary, Tertiary

Mental:

Academics- 2
                              Research- 3
                              Computer- 0
                              Hacking- 0
                              Crafts- 3
                              Repair Item- 3
                              Create Art- 0
                              Investigation- 0
                              Medicine- 0
                              Occult- 0
                              Science- 0

Physical:

Athletics- 0
                              Brawl- 0
                              Drive- 0
                              Firearms- 2
                              Larceny- 0
                              Lockpicking- 0
                              Stealth- 1
                              Survival- 0
                              Weaponry- 1
                              Animal Ken- 0

Social:

Animal Training- 0
                              Empathy- 0
                              Expression- 0
                              Intimidation- 2
                              Persuasion- 3
                              Socialize- 2
                              Streetwise- 0
                              Subterfuge- 0

Merits: (7 dots to spend initially)

Tomb:
                              Drawbacks; Under Surveillance (plus two dots)
                              Geometry; Four Dots (Cost decreased to two)
                              Prime Location; One Dot (roof of his company's headquarters)
                              Retainer Witness; (Five Dots, three plus Witness cost paid with Merits, 8exp spent for fourth dot)
                              Guild Status; (One dot, 2exp spent)
                              Vestige; (Two dots, 6exp spent)

Cult: (ten Dots to spend)
                              Foundation; Enterprise (+2 Reach)
                              Reach; 3 (two dots)
                              Grasp; 4 (eight dots)

Comment

Working...
                              X