No announcement yet.

[OOC] Werewolf 2nd Ed PBP OOC Prep with Dusksage & Co

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edited in first change story. Skill wise, I always asked for in world reason a character had a four or five in a skill (with the exception of any free template dot) when I ST. Let's see what our characters are like and start planning out relationships, I'm sure the proper sort of totem will grow from those conversations. I kind of see Barbrarilen's character as the one responsible for forming the pack, probably with Retias help, unless his character joined later.

Comment

I have one skill (thanks free auspice dot) and one attribute at 4 on my character sheet as it stand right now, but if the group decides on a soft cap of 3 I am okay with that. Also, I would love to hunt a totem as I've actually never done that in any of the games I've played. We've always been relatively established.
      Last edited by Amravanti; 03-16-2015, 12:47 PM.

Comment

I don't see a reason to censor what is possible at chargen. If a player will only feel they are pulling their weight with an all-out nine dot brawl+strength dice pool then we shouldn't limit them.

Also I am happy to have characters connect to Aliza for roots. I kept my post-change limited for now for just that reason ^^

Comment

I like the thought of our totem being an in game thing to acquire, gives u something to really start off with.

Does anyone mind if I switch to Rahu? That's an auspice we haven't gotten hold of yet. Truth be told, I'm considering working another concept up, since I'm not sure my current one fits too ell.

Comment

/\/\/\ go for it! I liked your promoter concept, but whatever you'll have the most fun with is the correct answer.

Comment

I'd say go for changing if you like, Hmm, part of me agrees with barb that we shouldnt limit it, but as new(ish) uratha I feel a softcap is more accurate to the setting and more in-caharcter. I'll go whichever way the ST and group majority go for the softcap issue. As for when my character joins the pack I see him as a later addition, possibly the last.

Comment

Originally posted by soonmot View Post
                Edited in first change story. Skill wise, I always asked for in world reason a character had a four or five in a skill (with the exception of any free template dot) when I ST. Let's see what our characters are like and start planning out relationships, I'm sure the proper sort of totem will grow from those conversations. I kind of see Barbrarilen's character as the one responsible for forming the pack, probably with Retias help, unless his character joined later.

So, after looking at those lovely pdf's in google doc I gotta ask how you did that, is the character sheet an interactive one from gone? and how does that whole googledoc thing work? Tis a mystery to me.

Comment

This is a character concept I never got to run with, as the game folded before it got going. That said, I'm not completely sure it'd work here. The game was set in California and the research I did was into the Atsugewi tribe. Still, I think the core of it can work, and I'll present it here. He'd be a Rahu Hunter in Darkness.

Appearance

Aside from facial features that show his family's native origins, Akule doesn't tend to stand out in a crowd for the most part, preferring casual and reliable clothes that can manage a good amount of wear and tear. His hair is cropped short with a suggestion that he does it himself in front of a mirror, and has little caring for the rather uneven results.

Personality

Akule has been a rather defensive, often quite hostile young man since his First Change and the resulting death of a family member. While he's far from incapable of interacting with others, he's fairly wary of it and tends to keep it as limited as he can, with his current lack of trust in himself.

What it has done is to harden his nature, though also provided the more positive merit of seeing him care about others he sees at risk, a desire to see some good be done closely tied to that.

Background

Akule isn't sure whether or not his name fully matches the history of the Atsugewi tribe, but neither are his parents. However, in a small hint of cultural rebellion they settled on a name for him that didn't have such strong Anglican roots and made him stand out more. At times he enjoyed this, but at others, he found frustration at being put in a position that made him stand out. Still, that was far from his biggest issue.

Spirits do not at all like the wolfblooded and Akule was tormented throughout his childhood by unseen forces that were a puzzle and concern both for him, and the community he grew up in. Ceremonies he took part in were disrupted in small, apparently petty ways and a number of his efforts to connect with others both inside and outside of his local, small community also tended to end badly, to the point where certain, mean spirited others began calling him 'Runs-with-Coyote' behind his back. This did not at all improve his moods as he grew older.

Born and raised in <City>, he wound up in a number of incidents as he grew older, culminating in a series of rough fights that got him a sharp warning from both his own elders and the police that interrupted the street based tussle. Sixteen, that time he managed to avoid juvenile court, with a warning he would be unlikely to have that luck next time. In an effort to work out some of his tension, his uncle started to take him on camping trips during the holiday periods with other youth who had an interest in exploring historical practices. They hunted, explored and listened to stories in a refreshing break from the mundane nature of day to day life.

Until four years later, where Akule's uncle died.

Akule only has scattered memories of the time, but it's enough for him to know what truly happened there. He and Jonas had been tracking a deer, the man having decided to use it as an excuse to try and get to the bottom of his nephew's recent, excessive mood swings. However, the second an arrow pierced the deer's side and spilled blood on the earth, Akule saw red.

He remembers his uncle screaming for mercy, the blood on his claws and the red, ugly rage. Finer details escape him, but when it was over, Jonas was very much dead and Akule was huddled on the ground in a naked, bloody, weeping heap. The others concluded the two of them had been attacked by a dangerous predator, and Akule's garbled account of events was put down to the harrowing of his experience and witnessing his uncle's death. Aware of the far worse truth, Akule almost immediately left his family and friends behind and retreated into his own place in the city, cutting off contact with his previous life and taking up a low paying job as a butcher.

It was in that self imposed exile that others of the Forsaken would find him.

Comment

Oh, it warms my heart so much to see the collaboration going on in this forum. T ^ T

Let's get a Uratha roll call so we can get a larger picture of the Pack.

Also since it looks like there a majortiy consensus already and because the idea is freak'n awesome I would LOVE to have your guy's first Siskur-Dah be to acquire your Pack Totem.

I'll also be posting up the setting in a tidbit, but here are the general ideas:

> Fictional City: Victory City Washington (Costal City)
                    > Tribe: Shared (Forsaken and Pure tribes are currently at a shakey peace after both faction lost one or more Packs in a Beshilu infestation that occured three years ago.)
                    > Forsaken Tribes: Root Walkers (Hunters in Darkness who's territory is the entire cities sewers), Whisper Catchers (Bone Shadows who's territory is the Victory City College campus), Half-Light Studios (Mixed Pack that claims the artsy Docktown District as their own), Behemoth's Wake (Another of the mixed Packs that stylizes itself as a nomadic Pack that rides the central highway and keeps it clear of rabble), Knights of Avalon (A Ghost Wolf Pack that protects the Avalon Gated Community after a great tradgedy befell the place), and the Troupe's new Pack.
                    > Pure Tribes: ??? (You're Packs new so you'll have to discover them for yourself. You'll just know that: Lakehights District, Victory City National Park, and the Projects are Pure territory.)
                    Last edited by Dusksage; 03-16-2015, 11:32 PM. Reason: Cleaning up.

Comment

Big city. O_O Are you sure this isn't just Seattle?

Uratha Role Call!

Name: Aliza Carter
                      Tribe: Bone Shadows
                      Auspice: Gibbous Moon
                      RP Role: Pack Mother
                      Hunt Role: Personal/Spiritual Guidance/Direction -- not tactics, but maybe part of the larger 'strategy', the bigger picture
                      Combat Role: ?? (probably using facets & rites to screw people up)
                      Pack Role: ?? (depends. are we doing the 'Alpha', 'Beta', 'Omega' thing? and also on who's who in-pack.)
                      Last edited by Barbrarilen; 03-16-2015, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Okami View Post

So, after looking at those lovely pdf's in google doc I gotta ask how you did that, is the character sheet an interactive one from gone? and how does that whole googledoc thing work? Tis a mystery to me.
                        CS came with the book. The background I wrote in Open Office and exported to pdf

Comment

Here's mine. I'll sort background issues and my sheet when home from work.

Name: Akule Harris
                          Tribe: Hunter in Darkness
                          Auspice: Full Moon
                          RP Role: Defender
                          Hunt Role: Harrying the prey, controlling the hunt
                          Combat Role: Striking at weak points, heavy, fast assaults from concealment
                          Pack Role: Oathkeeper

Gift wise, I'm eying both all doors locked from Warding and Knotted paths from Nature. Those would let me control the prey in both a rural and urban setting depending on the hunting ground. The full moon gifts will supply the combat aspect of a Rahu.

Comment

Name: Violet Caravell
                            Tribe: Iron Masters
                            Auspice: Irraka, New Moon
                            RP Role: hesitant new comer
                            Hunt Role: Forward scout/ spy
                            Combat Role: Ambusher and bait
                            Pack Role: Peacemaker

Comment

Name: Indiana Annan
                              Tribe: Hunters in Darkness
                              Auspice: New Moon
                              RP Role: Wild child, pack firebrand
                              Hunt Role: Tracker, Harrier
                              Combat Role: Assassination, sowing chaos, surgical strikes from darkness
                              Pack Role: Problem solver, border patrol.

Retias, I was also thinking of All Door Unlocked for Indiana, so let me know if you decide on it and I'll go another route. Maybe just Boundary Ward or Maze Ward instead.

Comment

What's everyone doing for rites? With only 2 dots, we don't have many options, I'm okay with "donating" my 2 dots to another character as long as someone is taking Chain Rage. Since we don't have a elodath, that rite is going to come in very handy.

Comment

Working...
                                X