No announcement yet.

OOC [Exalted 2.5] Forging a Nation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No problem guys. You've just received provisional support of one of the Elders of Gens Ptreas, and have declared your intent to head downriver to the capital. So I suppose you could be getting transport?

Comment

Omni.. are you still playing? You have been really quiet. I feel like I am starting to take over the game by posting all the time, but it has gotten REALLY slow. Should we just stop with the small chat conversations and just jump straight to every point?

Comment

Sorry, I know, I know. I've been run ragged as of late with Grad School apps and work. However, I'm going to make an effort to keep on top of this.

Comment

Reposting from the recruitment thread:

Sheet
          https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...b9mn7qCwc/edit

Backstory:
          Yi Zhinan is a Lookshyan not born of Lookshy. The distinction has condemned him to the life of a metic, but he did not resent it overly much. Sent to the city at a young age, he proved himself worthy of admission to the Academy of Sorcery by answering a difficult koan that had troubled researchers there. Shortly after earning a brevet commission as a Sorcerer-Engineer, Yi met Karal Zhan, a Terrestrial prodigy and his commanding Chozei. He was instantly enthralled by the young Fire Aspect's passion and compassion toward the lower ranks. Through great effort Yi eventually rose to the rank of Sorcerer-Technician and traded many powerful favors to remain assigned to Zhan's command.

For two decades, a blink of a eye in a Terrestrial's lifespan and half a lifetime to a mortal, this situation continued into the Battle of the Kumrath. What was originally a small skirmish with some of the Mask of Winter's forces near the hamlet of Kumrath turned into a major engagement when the dead troops turned out to supported by a Deathknight. It was during the battle, with Yi commanding the artillery in a desperate duel with their necromantic counterparts, that Zhan was cut off from support and surrounded. Yi violated direct orders and had his squad turn their fire to support the commander. At the same time he took up the sword of a comrade and rallied the leaderless portion of the Lookshy forces to link back up with the Zhan and drive the enemy back.

It was in the midst of that frantic charge when Yi rejoined Zhan and finally told him how he felt. In proof that even the Most High can have terrible timing, that was when he took his second breath. There were no more words between them that day, nor between any of Yi's and any of his men. They neither fled nor attacked him. He joined the battle against the Abyssal and none questioned or hindered him. Though the battle was won, spirits were low both from the terrible casualties and from the birth of an Anathema from among their own.

There were no words on the march home to Lookshy, and there was a great deal of space about him. The general staff was furious for his violation of orders and he was court martialed and sentenced to death. The night before his execution a familiar figure met him in prison bearing a heavy bundle. The items within were all great treasures, no doubt stolen at great personal risk, and the figure left the door open as he departed. One item, seemingly worthless besides the artifacts and chance at freedom, Yi still treasures above all the rest. It is a simply made scroll on which is written the short message. "Family is more than blood."

Comment

Excellent! Everyone, don't pick on the new guy!

Exthalion- I see an opportunity to work Yi in here 'n' now. Howe'er, I don't want to presume on character motivation/reasoning etc.. So you can introduce him whenever makes sense to you.

Comment

Originally posted by CitanHyuga View Post
              Omni.. are you still playing? You have been really quiet. I feel like I am starting to take over the game by posting all the time, but it has gotten REALLY slow. Should we just stop with the small chat conversations and just jump straight to every point?
              Aaaaaargh hi guys I'm there

I am lacking... something to really kick myself into starting again. It's hard. Sudden lack of motivation.

We have a new player? Hi Exthalion.

I'm still in, right? I'm going to make an IC post in like... Five minutes, tops.

Bits and pieces of Exalted setting.

Comment

Exthalion, you should always check the errata of Charms you use. Heartfelt Honorific Opportunity doesn't make social attacks unexpected, it makes them unblockable and undodgeable, which means everyone is eating a full 5wp cost to resist your attack. Which, by RAW, also applies to other PCs.

Could you please try not to do that in the future? I'd like to avoid constant WP-drain from my own allies D:

Bits and pieces of Exalted setting.

Comment

I was under the impression that the PCs weren't in the market, I got the feeling they were still at the Gens residence or at the docks. If they were not, I sincerely apologize. As for the errata, I blame Anathema for failing to indicate that there was errata, and my own laziness for failing to check anyway. I apologize for that as well.

Comment

After Hyuga;s rap, I think we just found Creation's answer to Kriss Kross.

Comment

At least his clothes weren't on backwards....

Comment

I was just happy he didn't dress like this http://cdn.static.ovimg.com/episode/302453.jpg and have a team to carry him in a low-rider palanquin.

Comment

How would you even have a low-rider palanquin? That doesn't even make sense.

... Unless all of the bearers are dwarfs...

Comment

The box is supported from the top, hanging from a bar that the bearers hold on their shoulders. Or at least thats what it was in the anime.

Comment

I suppose that would work. But I find my idea more hilarious.

Comment

Hyuga is just here to feel all the feels being spread around here. He can't do much against all of them. The downfall of a crafter/swordsman. Only two integrity I also use a lot of WP will my charms XD I am going to be screwed in every social battle... lol. I am not so crazy as to have them carry me in on a palanquin or anything XD He serves himself. Others don't as far as he is concerned.

He just had to make a pathetic attempt to help even though he knew he didn't have the skills. Just the way he is ... makes it more fun anyway. He might just become a brilliant performer yet X

Comment

Working...
                                X