OOC [Exalted 2.5] Forging a Nation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Belkra View Post
    I would assume (You know what they say about assuming things...) that if it says it has an air supply that means it was meant to allow the wear to operate in airless environments.
    That is also what I thought but if its not it changes a few tactic I thought about though I won't complain I did start with a rank 5 magitech artifact which are supposed to super rare, some people might try to kill me for it I assume (if being a solar wasn't enough).
    Last edited by Magnusar; 09-29-2015, 10:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnusar View Post

That is also what I thought but if its not it changes a few tactic I thought about though I won't complain I did start with a rank 5 magitech artifact which are supposed to super rare, some people might try to kill me for it I assume (if being a solar wasn't enough).
      Major kingdoms will declare war, expend all the prosperity and treasure built up over the course of a mighty dynasty, and sacrifice a generation of their young men for a five dot artifact. Being magitech is window dressing at that point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Exthalion View Post

Major kingdoms will declare war, expend all the prosperity and treasure built up over the course of a mighty dynasty, and sacrifice a generation of their young men for a five dot artifact. Being magitech is window dressing at that point.
        True but does the average Joe know what a celestial battle armor is, now that I think about who could recognize it for what it is ? Few ever saw one that is for sure and fewer even know they existed no ? I think even Yi will have trouble knowing what it is.
        Last edited by Magnusar; 09-30-2015, 05:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnusar View Post

True but does the average Joe know what a celestial battle armor is, now that I think about who could recognize it for what it is ? Few ever saw one that is for sure and fewer even know they existed no ? I think even Yi will have trouble knowing what it is.
          The ... mutant things kept pushing against our lines. Scuttling, horned chitinous things that might have been human once, centuries ago. Damn, we were the light foot! Skirmishers! We're weren't supposed to stand down foes, even undisciplined ones! And they kept pushing us, in their never-ending waves. Sure, we cut them down like wheat before the scythe. But every so often, one would slip behind the bodies and grab one of our men. The lucky ones were those that they just shredded. The unlucky ones got pulled away from the lines into that dark, chitinous sea.

It seemed like we were making headway. We pushed them over Burroshil and into the valley. Step-by-bloody-step we advanced, the Lookshy medium foot on our right flank, and the Albian heavies on our left. Our captain stood at the van, sling in one hand, and spear in the other. Some said he was the son of the Shield of a Different Day. Others, that he was a deserter of Sunipa's war-staff. But one thing was certain, he was a god. Each time he struck one of those monsters with his spear it burned to a cinder from the inside out. Each time he fired his sling, a dozen of them fell from the bullet. We pushed them back toward Madorai, where the natives had blockaded their city-bridge. With their back to the rivers and caught between the Confed forces on one flank, and the fortified City Upon The Bridge on the other, the enemy was screwed, and they knew it.

At least, until their god-monster rallied them forward. It was a terrible protean monster, standing nearly fifteen feet tall with blood-dripping matted fur and a long horn and no eyes. It could see somehow, though, since it singled out the captain and ripped him limb from limb. I think it knew we were the weakest link in the Confederation's line of battle, cause it then started cutting though our line. It was about the grab me, when a gilded fist came out of nowhere and sent it flying. My savior was garbed in gilded armor from head to toe, arcane sigils all over it. Strange rosy-gold fins stretched from the back, almost as wings. It was as if one of the dread Solar Anathema of Old came down before me, until I caught a whiff of smoky incense. I had smelt it before, when the Prince of the Earth commanding the Lookshan detachment had wrestled the captain.

The Prince of the Earth grabbed the god-monster's hair and smashed his fist into its face. Again and again, the gilded fist fell, and his grip remained firm. I just couldn't understand it. The Lookshan got thrown by the captain two times out three, but here he was, smacking the shit out of the monster that ripped the cap in half?

The Lookshan killed the monster, and the mutants routed after that. The Lookshans put that strange gilded armor back into that Jade Casket they were carrying around, and I knew why those Gunzosha were guarding it rather taking part in the battle.

-Taken from the Journal of Hei Dai Nao, Great Forks citizen-soldier, regarding events circa 543 Post-Contagion.
          Last edited by Noodle; 10-08-2015, 09:37 PM.

Comment

• Nice story , and nice reference to the Horned Nightstalker we had talked about earlier. I've posted, apologies to all; work has been slapping my shut these past few weeks.

Comment

• So are we gonna waste this thing ? Or is the game over ?

Comment

• I dunno, are we? I think I'm the lasf to respond.

Comment

• Sorry, guys. I started a new job in the middle of October, and I've had a hard time adjusting to the new schedule (especially, since I went from being part-time retail to full time office/social work. Oi Vey). Now that things have calmed down, I'm ready, able and willing to continue. Though we do have a bit on an issue with both of our Malfeas players dropping off the map.

Comment

• I'm still around and lurking. I was waiting for the Exthalion to post. If we are alright with me going ahead without him for a bit, I'm fine with that, although the quest was Yi's and Jensven is kinda just going along with it as he feels the need to make sure Yi comes back in one piece.

I play forum games! Come check out the (mis?)adventures of
                    Jensven Vargsmed and his canine companion, Shadow in "Forging a Nation" (OOC, IC)
                    ...or the Prodigal of Ashen Remorse in "Emerald Labyrinth" (OOC, IC)

Comment

Working...
                    X