No announcement yet.

[OOC] Emperor Norton’s Palace, a Blood and Smoke Chronicle set in 1923 Chicago

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [OOC] Emperor Norton’s Palace, a Blood and Smoke Chronicle set in 1923 Chicago

Why hello everyone and welcome to my Play by Post Chronicle. The Chronicle uses the Blood and Smoke rules and is set in Chicago in 1923.

The entire ‘On screen’ game takes place in one of the cities Elysium, namely a popular club, at least among the affluent members of the city, known as Emperor Norton’s Palace. A massive sprawling club, it has both a popular main dance floor and a bar which openly serves alcohol in violation of Prohibition and three large balconies which overlook the dance floor from the south, east and north. To the west is a stage which has a large band for live music every night, all night, and also typically features local and national celebrities, often singers but also actors and other talent.

The Keeper has made arrangements so that the northern balcony is for Kindred and their servants, though the damned are welcome to mingle with and feed off the kine below so long as they wear the blush of life.

Character Creation: There is no need to go through a lengthy character creation process if you merely intend to socialize in Elysium, as that will be a largely roleplay heavy / Dice light/free environment. All you need to join is a description of your character and their clan and covenant. So long as your character is a basic character, you do not need any sort of approval to begin play. Your character can have a minor city and/or covenant title that would be appropriate for a Kindred with Status of 1 or 2.

If you like you can play a character with a minor political role, not limited to but including Hounds, Harpies, Whip, Priscus, or any of the various covenant titles that would be bestowed upon a kindred of higher status (around 3 or so). However please read through the posted characters to ensure that none of those positions have already been taken.Also the Dragons typically do not openly announce their covenant and often masquerade as kindred of another allegiance.

If you like you can also play a mortal Ghoul, thrall or blood doll, though I ask that if you do, you create your character with another player who has a vampire that is your master. Unbound Ghouls, thralls and blood dolls are not something that one would expect to find in Elysium.

If you like you can make a character sheet and post it in the OOC thread, though its largely unneeded.

And lastly: All created characters for the Chronicle must appear to be at least 18 years of age.

Rules of Elysium:
    Elysium is controlled by the First Estate, and they require that visitors to Emperor Norton’s Palace address each other by their proper titles, unless of course those two kindred are close with one another. Of course, they are Kindred, so while it would be very rude to address the Nosferatu Priscus with the wrong title, the old Haunt can call a neonate pretty much anything she likes an no one will bat an eye. Or if they do, they probably wont correct her.

Being Elysium, violence is also banned. The Keeper also has a ban on the use of gifts of the blood, other than the Blush of Life. The uses of gifts like Obfuscate, Auspex, and much of the Majesty discipline are often overlooked however.

Additionally it is against the rules to kill the mortals which frequent the club, though feeding on them in private is acceptable.

Please feel free to discuss the idea here, to post character concepts and coterie idea’s. I will introduce the main cast of NPC’s (its rather small) over the next week and then open the IC thread when people have had a chance to brain storm some idea’s.

Last edited by Little Star; 01-09-2014, 03:10 PM.

Question... why's it called Emperor Norton's Palace if it's set in Chicago? Is that a location you know of? I can't seem to find anything relating to Emperor Norton and Chicago at all. As an inhabitant of SF, I'm rather confused.

Comment

So... I notice that the main cast of NPCs was to be introduced over the next week... about three months ago... And there's been only one post since then. Its a shame, because I really liked the sound of it. Well, keep me posted if this idea sees a revival, I'd be onboard.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
        So... I notice that the main cast of NPCs was to be introduced over the next week... about three months ago... And there's been only one post since then. Its a shame, because I really liked the sound of it. Well, keep me posted if this idea sees a revival, I'd be onboard.
        Sorry I have not checked back on this in a while. No one really showed any interest in the idea, so I dropped the plan to run it since there was only one reply, and not one that was interested, in the first few months. I apologize.

Originally posted by Darling_Rose View Post
        Question... why's it called Emperor Norton's Palace if it's set in Chicago? Is that a location you know of? I can't seem to find anything relating to Emperor Norton and Chicago at all. As an inhabitant of SF, I'm rather confused.
        Emperor Norton was a inhabitant of San Fransisco, and that is indeed the Emperor Norton the clubs name was a reference too. He had nothing to do with anything in Chicago. I went with Emperor Norton because he was a man who in his own mind ruled over the city of San Francisco and indeed the nation, but in reality ruled over nothing. The Club was named such by a Mehket who opened it as a play against the cities Prince who is largely a puppet of the Inner Concil, but who, in his own mind, is a very important individual who controls a wide empire. An Emperor Norton if you will. Since Court is held in Elysium, naming the Club where Elysium is located Emperor Nortons Palace was meant to be a slight against the Prince and his regime. The Club is entirely fictional.
        Last edited by Little Star; 05-01-2014, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X