Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IC [Exalted 2.5] Forging a Nation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • IC [Exalted 2.5] Forging a Nation

    The Puissant Amethyst Court of Raksha has invaded the nation of Novalesk. Situated along the eastern bank of the Rock River, several dozen miles north of the rivers fork with its Lesser sibling, this tiny Nation was caught in the midst of a brewing Civil War by the Fae and their Wyld-tainted minions. Briefly unified by the invading forces, the tiny nation's entire military might recently sallied forth and secured a narrow victory over the Fae. It won’t be long before the Fae regroup and counter-attack. To make matters worse rumors abound of Novalesk's neighbors mobilizing their own forces for a possible invasion, as well as reported sightings of deathly Anathema in the nearby forests.

    Long story short, the fecal matter has hit the oscillating unit.

    We join our heroes in the walled town of Grey Ice. This town, the northern-most town of any size in Novalesk, is ruled nearly exclusively by the Ptreas clan. The Ptreas have kept themselves out of the current civil strife for the most part, choosing to declare for neither of the front-runners for the time being. You are here, however, because Sea recently received intelligence from her superiors, indicating that a long-quiet Freehold to the north has begun mobilizing its own forces. The Crimson Panoply's projections indicate that, should they ally with the Puissant Ameythsts, the Raksha will be able to overrun Novalesk and its neighbors with ease, converting the entire area to Border- and Middle-marches with little effort. Sea's mission is to ensure that this Freehold does not ally with the Puissant Amethyst Court at any cost.

    So, what will you do?

  • #2
    Hyuga will turn to Tear watching her beautiful white hair flit in the sunlight and say "Will our presence be more needed in Novalesk, or should we focus our efforts on the freehold in the north? If we succeed in bringing the freehold on the side of Novalesk, we can stop the influence of the Raksha from taking over. If we fail, we will be leaving Novalesk open for attack. Is it better to defend Novalesk or try to stop the carnage early? I personally do not want to see another big war; wars always have a terrible cost. I would prefer to persuade the freehold to help us, but I will leave this up to you."

    He the turns to Tirien and says, "You have the gift of the tongue. I am sure your skills will come in handy. You could possibly even stop this war. I doubt the Raksha will listen, but will most likely be able to convince the freehold to join us. Perhaps even the influence of your house can be of use here."

    Hyuga will then grab a drink, settle down in his favorite red-cushioned chair, lean back in it, prop his feet on a table, and wait for the others to make a decision.



    Last edited by CitanHyuga; 01-20-2014, 09:49 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      A pervasive irritation has marked the Sidereal's day so far. She seats uneasily at her table, scrutinizing the patterns of Essence that surround her as a form of relaxation exercise. She does not answer the question right away, instead staring at the table.

      "I have been gifted with a great number of skills," she begins, "unfortunately, warfare is not one of them. If they have sent me rather than a Shieldbearer, it means we must avoid open conflict at all cost. But keeping raksha from allying with raksha is a daunting task, at best." She pauses, thinking, then looks in the general direction of her temporary companions. The Lunar... Well, she has never worked with Lunars in the past. "We should go to the freehold as diplomats, that much is obvious. The raksha prize art and beauty, even if it is in a rather predatory way. Staying in this city, we are only waiting for them to come to us."

      "No, the decision is obvious. We should go to them as a delegation - speak, negociate, sway them to either neutrality or alliance. All else failing, eliminate their leadership and escape."


      Bits and pieces of Exalted setting.

      Comment


      • #4
        Tirien, who was enjoying her tea, chuckles at this.

        "Please, we could easily destroy the Freehold. Fae that appear near Creation are little worry. It's the ones you find in the Deep Wyld that'll rip your arms off with licorice and then sing a tune about it that sets your hair on fire. That being said, I agree in part with your proposal, Tears. If we could speak to the Lord or Lady of this Freehold and gain them as an ally, or at least, make them swear an oath of non-interference, then we can focus on the external forces that plague this city. If we have them as allies, well, then all the better. Fae craftsmen never need to sleep or eat; an excellent addition if there was one."

        Comment


        • #5
          Hyuga will sit up and say "Well now there is a thought... a sword that would create a song to set something on fire... that would be very interesting..." "I guess it is decided though. Off to the freehold we go! We should just get a few supplies before we head out."

          He will then stand up, shove his hands in his pockets, and stroll out the door walking towards the main market. Right after stepping out the door into the sunlight he will turn and say, "Oh. One of you will need to come pay for this. I have nothing on me at the moment after all," and then keep walking.

          Comment


          • #6
            Hyuga, and whomever will go with him, makes the short walk from your lodgings towards the town's forum. Once you arrive, you see that business is hardly booming. With the exception of a few tinkers and smiths selling and repairing weapons, there seems to be little business. Few merchants are selling foodstuffs or other staple items. A garishly-dressed red-headed woman with a sign declaring herself a guild-accredited merchant is attempting to sell her wares (Talismans Guaranteed to protect against Wyld Sorcery!), and a dirty, emaciated man is claiming that the only way for the nation to be saved from the Fae is to climb the "Mount of Perfection". Huh.

            Okay. What now?

            Comment


            • #7
              Hearing about the talisman that protects from Wyld Sorcery, Hyuga carefully fingers one of the talismans checking its penmanship and potency (evaluating goods; roll int + beau = 3 successes) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4376350/

              After checking the value of the talisman he will turn to the seller and ask, "Wow..can these guild made talismans really protect you from Wyld Sorcery? How?" while watching carefully for any signs of misdirection and lies (reading intent; per + inv= 2 successes) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4376354/

              Comment


              • #8
                Upon seeing Hyuga approach, the merchant gives you a soft smile and says, "Take your time!"

                The talismans are circular iron discs, roughly as wide across as your palm. Tight Old Realm script is etched into both sides. An off-center hole with a leather cord serves to hold the talisman. It is clearly a work of fine craftsmanship. Whether, or not it's actually a mystical talisman, however, is debatable.

                When queried on how it works, she places her index finder on her chin and furrows her brow. "It's quite difficult to explain..." she says, "But I can guarantee you that they definitely work."

                Hyuga is quite convinced that they do work, but an explanation of how would be far to time consuming to be helpful.

                Tirien and Sea can see this, if they went with Hyuga
                The script on the talisman is a rather blunt order in Old Realm, telling any Fae who read it to GTFO

                And Sea only, if she went with Hyuga
                The merchant is using some sort of Social attack charm on Hyuga

                Comment


                • #9
                  Tirien sighs at Hyuga's gruff manner. She then turns to the others, and says, "I'm not takign any chances. I'll settle things on my own accord, and with my own resources. I'll be making my own money, and if anyone is interested, they can come with me."

                  She'll stride out of the inn, and into the wilderness outside of the city. She'll search for any large game animals, with a Wits+Survival roll of 6, with 1 success. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4376723

                  Do I find anything?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Dietaku View Post
                    Tirien sighs at Hyuga's gruff manner. She then turns to the others, and says, "I'm not takign any chances. I'll settle things on my own accord, and with my own resources. I'll be making my own money, and if anyone is interested, they can come with me."

                    She'll stride out of the inn, and into the wilderness outside of the city. She'll search for any large game animals, with a Wits+Survival roll of 6, with 1 success. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4376723

                    Do I find anything?
                    You find a 14-point bull Elk, which looks sickly. It seems like it might shuffle off the mortal coil soon.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Tierien karate chops the elk, breaking its neck. She then prays to the god of Elks, and then sets about cleaning the kill, and smoking it.

                      http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4376776/ I roll 4 successes on my attack to kill the Elk.
                      http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4376779/ I roll 1 success on my prayer roll.
                      http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4376779/ Assuming a Wits+Survival roll to smoke and cure the meat, I roll 4 successes.

                      How do I fare?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The elk attempts to run, but collapses, exhausted. Your strike swiftly puts the animal out of its misery. Howe'er; without proper tools, you only manage to successfully cook and prepare about a tenth of the 300-some pound beast.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Noodle View Post
                          The elk attempts to run, but collapses, exhausted. Your strike swiftly puts the animal out of its misery. Howe'er; without proper tools, you only manage to successfully cook and prepare about a tenth of the 300-some pound beast.
                          :OregonTrailproblems:

                          Very well. I will now look for a variety of tubers and spices, with my Survival+Wits of 6. I roll 5, 10, 10, 9. (Sorry, Invisible Castle seems to be down at the moment.) What do I find?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Dietaku View Post
                            :OregonTrailproblems:

                            Very well. I will now look for a variety of tubers and spices, with my Survival+Wits of 6. I roll 5, 10, 10, 9. (Sorry, Invisible Castle seems to be down at the moment.) What do I find?
                            You manage to find a small patch of wild turnips some distance from an overgrown hedgerow, which you dig up without issue.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              If Sea comes to the market I will try to talk to her about these wonderful charms that will help us against Wyld sorcery. They would be useful if we are heading to the freehold. They look to be of good quality.

                              If Sea does not come to the market with me, I will ask the merchant how much it will cost for two charms. I will then try to use my skills as a blacksmith to make money repairing wares or helping some blacksmithers refine their works. I will head to which ever shop looks to have some broken wares lined up to be fixed (if any). Otherwise, I will try to convince a smaller stall to hire me for a short while in making a weapon ( char + soc= 0 successes; if they do not accept... I will try at another stall) (char +soc= 2 successes) (Can't link it because the site is down. Used a different dice roller for now).

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X