No announcement yet.

IC [Exalted 2.5] Forging a Nation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Sidereal remains silent, playing the part of the blind as Hyuga talked with the merchant - with not even a frown when she sensed the magic. When adressed, she picks up one of the small talismans, scrutinizing it for traces of Essence before committing to any purchase - and, proceeding to do the same, gauging the measure of the merchant. What kind of Essence-user would peddle minor wards on a marketplace?

IC is still down. Got 3 sux on the roll to analyze the talisman and the roll to gauge the merchant's Essence level.

Bits and pieces of Exalted setting.

Comment

Tirien collects the turnips, and bakes them in her fire. She rolls one success on her Int+Craft(Wood) roll, to do so, then begins the final point of her mission. She'll locate some straight sticks, and pare them of bark, making skewers.

She rolls 2 successes to create her skewers, and after taking some time to bathe and clean herself from her excursions, returns to town

Finding some youth, she'll offer them a day's wages to carry her goods, and then, after entering the marketplace, she begins her cunning plan. She attacks the magnitude in the market with the social attack of "Hunger for Elk and Turnips" using Terrifying Lust Infliction rolling Charisma+Performance alongside her maximum use of 1st Charisma Excellency to roll 10 dice. She rolls 6 successes.

"Fae got you down? Your wife making gruel for dinner again? Why not quench that hunger with some delicious Elk on a stick! Today only, we'll throw in a baked turnip with every purchase of Elk on a stick, for FREE! Elk on a stick; It may not be Ambrosia, but it's pretty darn close!" she says to her prospective clientele.

How do I fare?
      Last edited by Dietaku; 01-22-2014, 01:25 PM.

Comment

*Oh Lord, the currency tables in the Core are so convoluted. Plus, after doing the math, the dinar (lowest silver standard unit) is approximately equal to a Koku which is "about equal to a month's wages for a peasant", and is the start-up cost for a small apple orchard. Which means it probably won't be in general circulation among the working classes. Arrrg.*

The merchant smiles at Hyuga and states that the talismans cost a half-sestertius each, making them about equal in value to a day's labor for an unskilled worker.

As far as Sea can tell, the talisman itself is not magic. The script on it, however, appears to have some sort of magical effect. A persistent charm, perhaps? You can't make out any other details at this time. The merchant herself, has roughly the same level of magical prowess as Sea (Essence 3). Her essence is Solar-Aspected, but whether she's a Solar, a Half-caste, a low-level Solar deity or a mortal whose essence was enlightened from a solar aspected source is indeterminable at the moment.

Tirien's display brings some liveliness to the market, increasing trading all-round as passersby are drawn in. The guild merchant with whom Sea and Hyuga had been interacting sells several of her Talismans. Tirien quickly runs out of her wares, making a handful of sestertii after paying her hired help. It is not long before the market resembles a normal, if somewhat slow, day of trading.

Comment

Tirien will then use the money she earned to buy some tools; a skinning knife, a grill, and the materials to create a proper smokehouse. Would my handful of coins be able to do so?

Comment

Originally posted by Dietaku View Post
            Tirien will then use the money she earned to buy some tools; a skinning knife, a grill, and the materials to create a proper smokehouse. Would my handful of coins be able to do so?
            You're able to purchase a small cart with a wood-fire grill (think glorified Hot-dog cart, and you'll be on the right track), and a collection of assorted cooking implements.

Comment

Hyuga mumbles to himself, "Taking two days to get enough for these charms seems like madness. Perhaps finding some steel and creating a nice sword or making a bow would be easier. That would make more than enough to pay for them then." He will then turn to Sea, and say, "Can you help me find some steel or ore somewhere? Tools won't be needed to make it, but there is a lack of components. The money would be split of course. While we are at it, we can go get food to eat."

Hyuga will head out into the woods to hunt and look for components for the sword. (wits + survival= 1 success for hunting for food) (per + awa= 5 successes (woo!) looking for materials; wood for carving, plants to make twine, steel deposits, etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by CitanHyuga View Post
                Hyuga mumbles to himself, "Taking two days to get enough for these charms seems like madness. Perhaps finding some steel and creating a nice sword or making a bow would be easier. That would make more than enough to pay for them then." He will then turn to Sea, and say, "Can you help me find some steel or ore somewhere? Tools won't be needed to make it, but there is a lack of components. The money would be split of course. While we are at it, we can go get food to eat."

Hyuga will head out into the woods to hunt and look for components for the sword. (wits + survival= 1 success for hunting for food) (per + awa= 5 successes (woo!) looking for materials; wood for carving, plants to make twine, steel deposits, etc.)
                Hyuga finds an old, burned-down building not far from the city's walls. It appears to have once been a small farmstead. In the dilapidated barn, you find a small collection of bronze farm tools. You could make several blades from their metal.

Comment

After breaking down the bronze tools and salvaging the bronze, Hyuga will use his 1st Craft excellency (7 dice) and Craftsman Needs No Tools;(This costs 1wp and 14 personal motes). He carefully feels each portion of bronze, taps all around to listen to the quality of the bars, and continues hammering quickly and powerfully along the length of the bronze until it starts to resemble the shape of a sword. His hands seem to be a blur as he moves 12x quicker than most artisans. (I am assuming this is a resources 2 bronze sword). In a scant few hours (about 4 if it takes two days normally) he holds up a completed blade (craft[fire] + dex+bonuses= 18 dice; =10 successes+2 auto successes (from peerless paragon of fire)) Hyuga will test the sword's balance and sharpness. Once again, he has created a truly exceptional sword (over 5 threshold successes) worth at least resources 3.

Comment

The Joybringer simply stares, slightly baffled, as her companions start to spread everywhere and do menial work for... money?

"...but I have more than enough to buy the entire stand, talismans included..." she mumbles quietly. Well, if it makes them feel better. "Nah, I'll just stay here. I have things of my own to do."

Now that she has the opportunity to be alone with the merchant for a bit, she turns towards her, curious. "So, tell me. How did you lean to handle written magic? I can perceive your Essence. You are no mortal. Are you a god-blooded profiter, come to make some money off those poor people as they prepare for a fae invasion? I've seen that kind of people before. I don't appreciate them much."

Comment

The blade Hyuga crafts is truly an exceptional blade, well balance, and with an edge a razor would envy. Now, to find a buyer....

The merchant laughs and beckons you into her wagon. Once out of sight, she grins, "Pretty perceptive for a blind gal. I'm not a god-blood, though. I'm one of those pesky Anathema. A Deceiver, I think I'm called." At that, an Eclipse caste mark flares on her brow.

She drops into a low chair, and looking pensive, places her index finger in her chin, "And that's how I did the written magic. It's not really all that much, just a one-shot effect. Might make a Fae leave, might not. They're pretty stubborn for people who're supposed to be made out of the Wyld. Thing is, its the iron that's important. It'll ward off most of their Wyld Magic. But some people, even out here, don't believe that. Superstitious bunk, they say." She snorts "Morons. So I make these little discs, write a little charm on them, and a few people are a little safer than they would be. Sure I make a tidy profit, but do you think that anyone around her would think they were any good if I went around giving them away for free?"

Comment

@Omicron:

Guild Lyfe, represent.

Anyways, jabs at Sidereals aside, Tirien will begin her search for new foodstuffs anew. She'll take the remnants of her earnings, if any, left over, and offer the youth from before a job assisting with her cooking.

She'll roll Wits+Survival to locate anything good. She rolls 2 successes.

Comment

I can neither confirm nor deny that this character was inspired by Anna from Fire Emblem.

Yeah, you don't find anything. Sorry.

@Solar and Lunar entrepreneurs; this is rapidly approaching "needing additional In-Game days to continue" territory. Just so you know.

Comment

Very well. Tirien will retire for the day. She'll some reputable inn and make lodgings for the night, along with her new employee. After all, a Patrician in the Threshold needs to care for their underlings, correct?

Comment

Sea refrains the impulse to yell at the girl to hide that mark - she is not supposed to be able to see it, after all - and simply... Stares... Baffled... In that weid look of hers, where she is not quite looking at you but still in your general direction.

"Girl, you're insane. Why would you go and say that to a stranger? I mean sure, I'm blind - and that gave me gifts of perception others might not have - but I am far from the only one who could figure this out. You are too... Too..." She groans. "Trusting. Fortunately for you, I'm here to help. But do me a favor, will you? Don't go around advertising your exact nature to anyone who just has an inkling you might be an Essence-user. Pretend you're a god-blood or something."

Gods, she can already feel the incoming headache. Too many wild cards to handle at once.

"But for your information, the proper title is "Eclipse Caste," in case you'd rather not call yourself Deceiver all the time. And you're... Exactly the kind of person I need, yes." She rests her chin on her hand, thinking. "Where do you come from, and do you have any plans? I could be of great help in ensuring your survival, if you would lend me a few service in preventing this region from being swallowed by the Wyld."

Comment

"Not quite trusting," the Eclipse says, "Calculating. This far away from the Realm? People are much more pragmatic about this sort of thing. They see an Anathema and think 'Can I get it to help me? If so, how? Is it likely to destroy my town? If so, how can I get it out and aim it towards something I want gone?' You seemed like the former. Reminded me of some 'Illumination' people I ran into a couple of months ago."

The young solar affects a satisfied half-smile, "And, guess what, I was right. You want something out of me. And you might be of help to me, too."

She leans back, and small knife appears in her hand. She begins cleaning her nails with it, as she continues, "The name's Sky Orchid. I'm a guild gal, born 'n' raised. As for my plans," she places a finger on her chin, "I've got a shipment of iron spearheads waiting for me at Gunzota. Other than that... I've got some leads, but nothing specific right now. What is it you want my help with?"

Comment

Working...
                                X