Changeling Playtest Game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changeling Playtest Game

So given the massive spoilers that Dave just posted for Changeling the Lost 2e, I was wondering if anyone wanted to give a forum game a shot. Keep in mind that PbP is slow as sin, but it could give us a chance. I'd be happy to be Storyteller. I think I've got some ideas for using to Dubai as a setting, but I'm still working on ideas.

CofD booklists:
    Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

As mentioned in the other thread, I'm interested in playing a Fae-Touched, if that would fit in your game.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Sign me up! I'm completely unfamiliar with Dubai and I know nothing of the culture, but I could easily play a foreigner fish-out-of-water.

One thing I enjoy doing for my Changeling games (back in 1e) was to make a common Durance to explain why the Motley is hanging out together. Escaping Arcadia is a very strong bond. That said, just throwing a suggestion out there, feel free to ignore.

I was super tempted to play a Fae-Touched as well, like Charlaquin, but I feel I owe it to the designers to playtest the full template.

My homebrew hub.

Comment

didn't had a chance to RP for a long, long time. While I haven't had a chance to play Changeling in the old edition, I really want to- so count me in!

My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

On a Dragonlance-reading break. Surprise homebrew may still happen :P
        I now blog in here

Comment

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
          As mentioned in the other thread, I'm interested in playing a Fae-Touched, if that would fit in your game.
          Works with me.

CofD booklists:

Comment

I actually don't know Dubai all that well, but that can work as an advantage if you wanted to let me play a slightly more experienced changeling. It gives me some room to work with NPC's with you, as I'd have to have a reason to travel into the area, and there's also a reason why I left where ever I came from, which has built in drama. EDIT: Think I might be coming in from India.

Let's start by asking the Freehold Questions: What's the story you're building the Bulwark from, the mythic archetype you want to evoke?
            Last edited by ArcaneArts; 02-17-2016, 04:06 PM.

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Freelance Writer
            Work Blog Coming Soon
            The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey

Comment

Also, for the record, this should probably be changeling specific for the benefit of the game production. Just saying.

Work Blog Coming Soon

Comment

Can I join? I did not try PbP ever before, have some free time now and I'm very tempted in to testing Changeling's mechanics. I'm also totally unfamiliar with Dubai, but always wanted to play in game inspired by One Thousand and One Nights aesthetics. Can play totally non-local character to ease "culture shock", for example.

Conquest of Paradise - Fan Dark Era about Portugal and Spain conquests in XVI century - Mage & Beast ( & Hunter )
                My Hubs - VtR 2E System Hacks, MtAw 2E Legacies and System Hacks & WtF 2E Lodges and System Hacks

Comment

While I do love me some One Thousand and One Nights, I would actively like to discourage doing a variation of the Scheherazade Courts. We're a bunch of a creative people here, we can come up with something cool ourselves.

Work Blog Coming Soon

Comment

I'm a proponent of creating your own stories as a way to defy the Gentry (since they themselves are uncreative), but I don't know if that's culturally appropriate for Dubai.

My homebrew hub.

Comment

considering that Second Chances is the one who knows the setting the best, let's hear which ideas he has and he is going to represent them.

Besides, if I'll even try thinking about Arabian Nights setting, it is doomed to become Magi: Labyrinth of Magic style Freehold :P

My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

On a Dragonlance-reading break. Surprise homebrew may still happen :P
                      I now blog in here

Comment

I was thinking something along the lines of the fall of Iblis and the Jinn, with the Theme of hubris and arrogance. Have to give it more thought. Also, about 75% to 85% of UAE's population are expats, so it would be very easy to create someone with culture shock.

CofD booklists:

Comment

Do you have a theme/mood/genre in mind?

Work Blog Coming Soon

Comment

I might be interested in this, but I will wait until more details are known (assuming there is still room).

Politeness is the lubricant of social intercourse.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                              Do you have a theme/mood/genre in mind?
                              Not yet. I'm all ears if anyone has suggestions.

If it helps with inspiration, here are some cityscapes: http://petapixel.com/2016/01/19/how-...apes-of-dubai/

Somethings to keep in mind:
                              - Dubai is hot, so hot that in the summer it is literally oppressive
                              - A lot of family culture centers around spending time in malls
                              - You are rich in Dubai, unless you are not. Even people on a middling income can and do live a fairly glamorous lifestyle. If you can't do that, you are dirt poor and probable live with 12 other people in one room.
                              - The male-female demographic is far from equal. I think there's like 3 men for every woman in the country because most men are expat manual labor.
                              - The city is larger than life, but is often also derivative. Many buildings are copied from other countries, like the Atlantis hotel. There is a lot of really cool architecture though.
                              - This is not Saudi Arabia. People can (and do) get loaded drunk every weekend. Supposedly you can't if you are Muslim, but I've definitely run into Saudi tourists in bars. Likewise, out of marriage sexual contact is illegal. Doesn't stop anyone.

Anyhow, I will be MIA for the next couple hours. If you have an idea, post it!

CofD booklists:

Comment

Working...
                              X