No announcement yet.

Changeling Playtest Game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anybody have any ideas for character ties? I was thinking since me and wyrdhamster are playing Dearhearts, we might've had similar Durances in the same realm, perhaps even under the same Keeper. espritdecalmar's Waterborn and LostLight's Snowskin may have crossed each other on their escape through the Hedge, perhaps?

My homebrew hub.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShadowKnight1224 View Post
      Does anybody have any ideas for character ties? I was thinking since me and wyrdhamster are playing Dearhearts, we might've had similar Durances in the same realm, perhaps even under the same Keeper.
      I do not see a problem with that - I firstly assumed that even when Mr. Tannous was kidnapped in Toronto, he spend his Durance under "arabic" Keeper, related more with Dubai Freehold. I only mark that that this Incubus was a lover and servant of the Keeper, trusted with running "palace" stuff. Do you need to discus any details on Keeper in advance? Any informations I would need to know?

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

• Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
        I do not see a problem with that - I firstly assumed that even when Mr. Tannous was kidnapped in Toronto, he spend his Durance under "arabic" Keeper, related more with Dubai Freehold. I only mark that that this Incubus was a lover and servant of the Keeper, trusted with running "palace" stuff. Do you need to discus any details on Keeper in advance? Any informations I would need to know?
        I was actually hoping to build a Durance/Arcadian Realm with my fellow players, so feel free to throw in some ideas. I had thought for Khalid that he had been taken to keep up morale among other changelings, singing and offering them respite, and he had often helped other changelings escape but never had the courage to do it himself (hence the Fairest Seeming once he eventually escapes).

If we're going with the Arabian theme, why not a palace of sandstone and topaz in the middle of an everlasting sandstorm? The Keeper could be "The Malik of Burning Winds" and enjoy going out in a "Wild Hunt" fairly often to bring back "prices" from the mortal world. These changelings would be made to keep his palace clean, serve him, cook for him, tend to his every need, and so on. Does that sound like an acceptable Keeper for Mr. Tannous?
        Last edited by ShadowKnight1224; 02-21-2016, 05:48 PM.

My homebrew hub.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShadowKnight1224 View Post
          I was actually hoping to build a Durance/Arcadian Realm with my fellow players, so feel free to throw in some ideas. I had thought for Khalid that he had been taken to keep up morale among other changelings, singing and offering them respite, and he had often helped other changelings escape but never had the courage to do it himself (hence the Fairest Seeming once he eventually escapes).
          So the Khalid was "Pashas" ( Keeper ) Jester? Because it sounds as it is...

Originally posted by ShadowKnight1224 View Post
          If we're going with the Arabian theme, why not a palace of sandstone and topaz in the middle of an everlasting sandstorm? The Keeper could be "The Malik of Burning Winds" and enjoy going out in a "Wild Hunt" fairly often to bring back "prices" from the mortal world. These changelings would be made to keep his palace clean, serve him, cook for him, tend to his every need, and so on. Does that sound like an acceptable Keeper for Mr. Tannous?
          As to palace itself - I do not see a problem in that. Mr. Tannous could be like some a bit impulsive first lover running Malik's fantastic harem. He was both scared and fascinated of the Keeper, that's why he "embraced the fires" of him, quite literally. Mr. Tannous probably would not be serving or even make direct demands - but he would be hospital and careing on the rest of harem and any mortal or changeling in it - treating them all as his own new family, trying to convince them that they are not slaves, only guests and lovers of careing Malik. At least to time when "new face" would not be too good for the Malik itself...

Think of Tannous Durance as the "first wife" (husband?) in the harems of Ottaman Empire. Or just watch some Magnificent Century series. ( My parents watch this in Polish TV and even I'm middly interested in it. )

As to "Wild Hunts" of Keeper - is not Huntsmen jobs in 2ED? I can see the Keeper is leading Hunt from time to time, but from the spoilers I got image that it's Huntsmen that are "day-to-day" mortals-to-changelings procurers.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

• tying all characters together in their Arcadian Durance does not feel necessary to me- there are enough opportunities for my character to interact with local chengelings after his Escape. The best way to draw his attention without a second thought? have something he wants. O by a way to get something he wants. Or be in the way. Or anything- changelings are a closed community, after all. Someone had to help him creating a false identity, or get access for information or something. We don't need to force everything into "they are all best friends/sworn enemies since their Durance"- if you have an organic way to do so and you want to, great! But such as easily it could be "hey- don't I know you from somewhere? Oh, yeah! You were the one who hired my for doing that Dreamweaved sex-doll! How did that worked for you?"

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

• There is also a middle ground - our changelings are from Keepers from the same Feud. Their Gentry were enemies, not the characters - and the could meet once or twice in Durance, on some conflict related scenes.

I just want to stressed it - I do not want any one forced in to those relations. Just have idea for character concept that could easy this kind mechanics if one want it with my PC.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

So the Khalid was "Pashas" ( Keeper ) Jester? Because it sounds as it is...
                More like the guy in the servant's quarters that sings old songs from their homeland during their meals, and whose job is to always be available to other changelings for stress relief. Part bard, part whore, part that one person you go to complain when things go wrong in your life. He was probably expected to be a "spy" for the changelings that were loyal to Malik (like Mr. Tannous) to identify problematic changelings. So Khalid probably walked a fine line between helping changelings escape and maintaining his cover.

I'm thinking somewhere in his mind, Khalid's conflicted between feeling like he wasn't good enough for Malik's harem, and chastising himself for feeling that way.

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                As to palace itself - I do not see a problem in that. Mr. Tannous could be like some a bit impulsive first lover running Malik's fantastic harem. He was both scared and fascinated of the Keeper, that's why he "embraced the fires" of him, quite literally. Mr. Tannous probably would not be serving or even make direct demands - but he would be hospital and careing on the rest of harem and any mortal or changeling in it - treating them all as his own new family, trying to convince them that they are not slaves, only guests and lovers of careing Malik. At least to time when "new face" would not be too good for the Malik itself...
                Sounds good! I like the idea that the palace was a place of excessive luxury and indulgence.

Think of Tannous Durance as the "first wife" (husband?) in the harems of Ottaman Empire. Or just watch some Magnificent Century series. ( My parents watch this in Polish TV and even I'm middly interested in it. )

Very interesting visual reference. I think that fits the general theme of the Durance fairly well.

As to "Wild Hunts" of Keeper - is not Huntsmen jobs in 2ED? I can see the Keeper is leading Hunt from time to time, but from the spoilers I got image that it's Huntsmen that are "day-to-day" mortals-to-changelings procurers.
                Huntsmen are sent to retrieve specific things. They have an "icon" of whatever they're sent after (usually a changeling). If anybody accompanies a Gentry on a Wild Hunt for new changelings, it's probably a Loyalist or Privateer.

My homebrew hub.

Comment

There is also a middle ground - our changelings are from Keepers from the same Feud. Their Gentry were enemies, not the characters - and the could meet once or twice in Durance, on some conflict related scenes.

I just want to stressed it - I do not want any one forced in to those relations. Just have idea for character concept that could easy this kind mechanics if one want it with my PC.
                  Yeah, I was just throwing ideas that might feel organic for a connection. Yeah, forming a motley is going to be doable with some finagling, but I find it goes smoother if the changelings know each other beforehand.

A Feud between a Malik of the Burning Winds and a snow queen and something water-related is fairly believable, as well, if we want to go down that route.

My homebrew hub.

Comment

• For the record - "Mr. Tannous" is newly forged Alternate Identity of my character. I will need to dwell a deeper to the prepare his proper background in the Durance and new Darkling Seeming. But I suspect some envy over Keepers new lover will be main switch...

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

• Originally posted by saibot View Post
                      Since we otherwise would have a huge group and I am still busy, I think I am going to bow out of this for now. Sorry about that. Although if there might still be room down the line, I might join later. I will contact Second Chances via PM, if so.

But for now, do enjoy yourself, ladies and gents!
                      No worries Sai! Stay in touch if you want. I totally get how if feels.

I haven't read anything today (busy weekend!) but could I get everyone who is interested to PM me, just so I have a rough idea of who's game and who's not? It doesn't have to be long, just I'm in will do. It would help with organizing. Might get something else posted tonight, got some ideas for goblin vows in each Court.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• so does there any solid concept for Courts? I can't really contribute because I'm both not feeling well and my next semester is about to start- but does anyone else has ideas for them?

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

• I thought they were already settled?

My homebrew hub.

Comment

• I've got write ups in my head, I just need time to write them out. It's been a hell of a week.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• So I slowly make Mr. Tannous char sheet - only I'm a large stuck on Contrats section and will need few days to end it. I need to rehash all possible powers and try to cherry pick what will jive on start with character - I just cannot buy them all from the boot.

As I have two long overdue Mage sessions in this week, I suspect till weekend I will not end, but in half of next week it should be ended.

Other information beside Myth Wavers char sheets are needed? Our characters needs Touchstones? Because from what I seen in Playtests files, Touchstones in CtL 2ED are special Merits, in contrast to those in Vampire and Werewolf - which is pitty, as I literally cannot afford one for the character.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

• I think you're missing skill specialties, Aspirations and Clarity Triggers, wyrd.

My homebrew hub.

Comment

Working...
                                X