Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShadowKnight1224 View Post
    I thought they were already settled?
    The tentpoles are up, but the tent itself is...not.

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Freelance Writer
    Work Blog Coming Soon
    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey

Comment

• Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
      The tentpoles are up, but the tent itself is...not.
      It will be this week. Promise. Life, life and more life.

CofD booklists:
      Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

Comment

• No worries. Anything we should be doing in the meantime?

Comment

• Brainstorming NPC contacts would actually be super useful.

CofD booklists:

Comment

• I have some ideas for diving and university contacts for my character. Since I'm so acclimated to the water, I make money bringing up salvage and biological samples.

Comment

• Maybe stupid question - Couldn't we just make CoD/nWoD 2ED char sheet template for Myth Wavers? With Aspirations, Conditions and all that jazz...

As to contacts, I will go with some mortal businesses partners - large part of character idea is that he is Courtless and only now finding his place in Dubai Freehold.

Conquest of Paradise - Fan Dark Era about Portugal and Spain conquests in XVI century - Mage & Beast ( & Hunter )
              My Hubs - VtR 2E System Hacks, MtAw 2E Legacies and System Hacks & WtF 2E Lodges and System Hacks

Comment

• Been working on ideas for Goblin Vows as part of the mantles for each Court. Here's what I've got so far. Lemme know if you think they are too broad or narrow.

Sand - Camel
                Stars - Falcon (associated with fire and the national animal of the UAE, so I think it works as a symbol of pride)
                Song - Mosques
                Pearl - Salt Water (was also debating Ocean Water. If Murky water works from Arc's preview, then I think this should be okay)
                Spire - Luxury Hotels

CofD booklists:

Comment

• I see a dichotomy here - part of Courts have Goblin Vow in the city buildings ( very usefull ) and part are based on animals that are not so popular ( I cannot imagine camels are all around in modern Dubai, let alone falcons ). I feel Courst should have the same usability in their Goblin Vows.

Conquest of Paradise - Fan Dark Era about Portugal and Spain conquests in XVI century - Mage & Beast ( & Hunter )
                  My Hubs - VtR 2E System Hacks, MtAw 2E Legacies and System Hacks & WtF 2E Lodges and System Hacks

Comment

• Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                    I see a dichotomy here - part of Courts have Goblin Vow in the city buildings ( very usefull ) and part are based on animals that are not so popular ( I cannot imagine camels are all around in modern Dubai, let alone falcons ). I feel Courst should have the same usability in their Goblin Vows.
                    No offence, but if you think Falcons and Camels aren't popular, you know nothing about this city. Those are the two national symbols, which is part of the reason I picked them. Any area with tourists is likely to have camels for them to ride, especially near beaches. Any reasonable wealthy (ha!) Emirati household will have hunting Falcons. Camels are more popular than horses. Camel beauty pageants are a thing. I've literally seen people walk into coffee shops and sit their falcon on the chair next to me. The only animal you can buy a seat for on Emirates or Etihad is a falcon, and people do it. Trust me when I think they will be accessible. Please don't assume that I've picked something unpopular in the city, because I've done the exact opposite.

Now that said, I did wonder about toning down the two building based ones. Hotels isn't too bad, but I'm worried that mosques is too easy.

CofD booklists:

Comment

• Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                      Maybe stupid question - Couldn't we just make CoD/nWoD 2ED char sheet template for Myth Wavers? With Aspirations, Conditions and all that jazz...
                      You'd have to propose it here, I think:

http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8

You could make a thread and suggest the changes, and hope it gets updated whenever the programmer has some time to spare.

My homebrew hub.

Comment

• Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
                        Brainstorming NPC contacts would actually be super useful.
                        I was thinking that after coming back to Dubai, Khalid started working as a singer in a hotel bar. I was ideally thinking of a seedier place, rather than one of the luxury hotels, but I'm not familiar enough with Dubai to say if such a thing even exists. I imagine the hotels run the gamut in terms of price and luxury, but I don't know if any really have the "out of the way, shady bar where under-the-table deals can take place" idea I had in mind.

Anyway, since I'm already pretty set on having Khalid work at a bar, I think the bar manager would be the NPC contact I can help develop. I'm thinking an ambitious entrepreneur in his mid-thirties who used his family's money to advance his position, and while right now he's content in managing the bar of a hotel (especially since he can get his fingers on some deals under the table), he has his sights set on something more important.

My homebrew hub.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShadowKnight1224 View Post

I was thinking that after coming back to Dubai, Khalid started working as a singer in a hotel bar. I was ideally thinking of a seedier place, rather than one of the luxury hotels, but I'm not familiar enough with Dubai to say if such a thing even exists. I imagine the hotels run the gamut in terms of price and luxury, but I don't know if any really have the "out of the way, shady bar where under-the-table deals can take place" idea I had in mind.

Anyway, since I'm already pretty set on having Khalid work at a bar, I think the bar manager would be the NPC contact I can help develop. I'm thinking an ambitious entrepreneur in his mid-thirties who used his family's money to advance his position, and while right now he's content in managing the bar of a hotel (especially since he can get his fingers on some deals under the table), he has his sights set on something more important.
                          Yeah, there are seedier ones. There are actually a lot that are well known for drugs and prostitution, they are just a lot more subtle about it than other countries,

CofD booklists:

Comment

• Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
                            Yeah, there are seedier ones. There are actually a lot that are well known for drugs and prostitution, they are just a lot more subtle about it than other countries,
                            Sounds good! That's what I'm doing with my character and NPC contact, then. Do you want anything more than ideas or...?

My homebrew hub.

Comment

• I don't think this is going to be doable right now people. Sorry. Things are just too busy and I don't want to get started up only to have everything crash

If someone else wants to take the wheel, go for it. I'm more than happy to act as a resource on Dubai, I just can't commit to the time I'd need to run a forum game.

CofD booklists:

Comment

• JESUS, WE NEED YOU!

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Freelance Writer
                                Work Blog Coming Soon
                                The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey

Comment

Working...
                                X