Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(IC) [Demon the Descent] The Devil's In The Details

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Muse may not like it, but her gut is telling her whatever is going on here is too weird to just ignore. For all she knows this could all come around to bite her, so why not take care of the problem before it really starts.

    The man reels around, ready for someone to come to the waiter's aid. Before his spit covered lips can tell Achille to go fuck himself he's met by hard, cold eyes. Whatever outburst he was about to throw dies as he realizes Achille is the big fish in the room.

    What doesn't help matters is how this is the moment the staff chose to strike. Suddenly the whole building is roaring with 'fuck you's and death threats. The argument outside has attracted more contestants, as the woman's empty car has only served to cause more traffic. Muse didn't even know Thomas carried a knife in the glove box.

    The three unchained seem to be the only ones keeping their cool. Everyone roll Perception (wits+composure) at a -2 due to the noise and ruckus.
    Sir has 4 successes
    Achille has 1 success
    Muse had no successes

    The two Demons still inside the bistro notice something very odd. All the clocks are moving backwards, even the digital ones.
    Last edited by Strapping Gent; 03-16-2014, 10:47 PM.


    But that would be *shudders* fun!

    Comment


    • #17
      Not liking the sense she's getting, Muse throws her purse in the car and runs back to the bistro, keeping her phone in her pocket. Bursting through the doors she sees the mobs going to battle.

      "Okay you two, what the fuck is going on and how do we fix it? I really don't have time for this."

      She stands in between the two men, first looking at Dominic and then at Martin. She keeps staring at Martin.

      "Any ideas, big guy?"
      Last edited by MarvelMaiden; 03-16-2014, 11:11 PM.


      It's time to party, boys.

      Comment


      • #18
        The noise is rattling my head, and it isn't helping my aggravation any. Things could turn into a barfight at any second and I need to know what side I'm on before I throw a chair through the window. Something deeper is going on here, so I feel and look deeper at resonances of our energy as I glance at clocks ticking back. I only know of the other two Unchained, but there has to be more...

        [I wane to check Empathy to see if the anger is still mounting or if it's plateaued, as well as tuning in for Aetheric Resonance.]
        Last edited by Nineball; 03-17-2014, 01:01 PM.

        Comment


        • #19
          The Empathy roll will be intelligence + empathy, made at a +1, seeing as how when you entered the scene everyone was calm. Sir got a single success.

          As the war machine looks on in the restaurant the people's rage rises high and higher. Sir can tell that these people aren't going to calm down, and in fact are only getting worse.

          Sir uses up a point of his Aether reserve, feeling out the area for any signs of supernatural tampering. What he gets as an answer is the sensation of drowning in Aether, the entire place stinking like cosmic exhaust fumes. The surge of power doesn't let up anywhere in sight. Looking across the street, the Destroyer sees Aether tumbling in waves. That is the direction of the docks.

          The high sun, the boiling people, and the stench of Aether gives Sir the feeling of being baked alive. Who knows what these humans must be feeling.



          But that would be *shudders* fun!

          Comment


          • #20
            "We need to clear out before someone shoves jagged glass into our necks. I've got a plan so let's clear out. Dom, c'mon!"

            I soak it all in, picking the cacophony apart. The yelling of waiters at patrons, and the honking of horns is a mouse in comparison to heavy caliber gunfire. I motion for Muse to follow after calling for Achille, making my dart for the door a quick one. I zero in on my ride and unlock the car, reaching in and slipping on a grey blazer and getting in for a moment to pop open the glove box. I ease the M9 into the back of my pants and put the spare magazine into my inside pocket of the blazer.

            I could only hope my ride wouldn't be flipped over or set on fire by the time we got back. I wait for the other two to catch up, and then set out for the docks. Time to nip this in the bud.

            Comment


            • #21
              Muse slips into the back of the car. Seeing the gun in Sir's presence made her reach under her shirt and pull out two beautiful gold and black stiletto knives. She never left the house without Roxy and Velma. If nothing else, her knives were her go to gals. Holding the knives in one hand she pulls out her phone to text Alec. She tells him to stay in the apartment and to not answer the door for anyone. He replies with a simple 'okay' and with that she puts her phone away. This was going to be the first potential fight Muse has been in since entering Chicago. She grew intrigued to possibly kill someone or something outside of being the Mr. Cellophane killer. In a final body check, she smirked with delight as she looked down at her boots. Unknowing to the boys, a knife lay waiting under her right boot just in case she needed it.

              "The right accessory could be life or death in an outfit."
              Last edited by MarvelMaiden; 03-20-2014, 03:38 PM.


              It's time to party, boys.

              Comment


              • #22
                For a very brief instant, the urge to defy orders overtakes Dominic and he almost, almost, tells the other two to leave without him. His fists are clenched for a piece of this guy, even though the man showed cowardice when faced with just his glare. His hands ache for blood. Seeing the expression on Martin's face, he grimaces in reluctant obedience as he turns away from the rapidly growing chaos and grabs his black, leather messenger bag, pulling it over his shoulder and pushing through the crowd, following Martin to the car. He hasn't spoken at all, listening intently for any signs of an attack. Luckily, they make it to the car unscathed and Dominic waits as Martin gathers his things. He frowns at the inability to take his rifle in this public mess, but figures that he's always liked physical combat better anyways. The knife strapped to his ankle and the tire iron in his bag should do just fine, just as long as he's not faced by some punk with a shotgun.

                He ponders his inability to disobey orders, as his chest becomes tight with the urge to go back and collide his fist with the man's face. His own vice for violence has never bothered him so much, but being a demon that has defied the God Machine, it seems like he isn't able to defy anyone else, once they have proven worthy of following. He taps his fingers on the hood of the car. "Muse, are you done pulling out your knives? We must go." He waits for a minute and catches up with Martin, his messenger bag's flap open so that he can easily take out the tire iron if needed. "What is this plan you have? I do not understand why we are going this way."

                He glances back and around him at the rioting crowd of people. "I am doubting that this is all for the overwhelming price of tipping."

                Comment


                • #23
                  "Don't get your panties in a wad, Roxy and Velma are ready for the party. Let's get down to business, boys."


                  It's time to party, boys.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Sir is still able feeling the roiling tide of energy as the 3 step out back into the heat. Though you don't see anyone, the docks are full of noise. Most of them the sound of breaking glass and shouting. Sirens have begun to sound int he distance.

                    There is a warehouse that sticks out into the lake in front of the demons. It's rundown, with plenty of broken windows if the iron chain locked door proves too difficult. This is where the most Aether is coming from.

                    Sir notices a lack of harbor birds.
                    Achille notices the steam off the water is seeping back into the lake, not rising into the air.
                    Muse notices the sun won't reflect off her knives, or any other metal out in the open.
                    All 3 notice the smell of mercury.


                    But that would be *shudders* fun!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      "I'm not sure what we're dealing with here, but we need to get in that building. I know I'm not the only one that can feel the Aether radiating from it."

                      Muse moves first to approach the building. She walks slowly, looking over the building. Her hand reaches for the chains, but she retracts before touching the lock. She looks up at the sun, squinting at the intense light. This can't be the only thing keeping us out, this is too easy.

                      Muse uses Common Sense (wits + composure) and asks herself, are we dealing with precious angels or something else here, with one success.

                      She turns back to the two men, "So who is handy with a lock?" Smiling at the two men she can tell this crew is going to prove to be interesting.

                      "Regardless if your handy picking a locks or not, what vibe is this place giving you. I'd like to hear some different opinions."


                      It's time to party, boys.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        "No need." I scan the wall for a window without too much left, and carefully pull myself through onto the other side. "Let's get this thing shut down before it burns this area up in a riot."

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Following Sir, Muse slips gracefully through the broken window and keeps close. Her knives in hand, she was ready for anything. Looking behind her, she waits for the last member of the party to climb through the window.

                          "Alright, now what?"


                          It's time to party, boys.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X