[Interest Check/Recruitment] Tremere Conversion Playtest [VtR 2e]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Interest Check/Recruitment] Tremere Conversion Playtest [VtR 2e]

So, with Mage 2e coming out soon, obviously that means now's the time to seek out interest in a Vampire the Requiem game! More seriously, I wanted to see if I could put together an interesting game using my Tremere "bloodline" and playtest them for mechanical concerns in the process. Lacking the actual Mage 2e pdf yet, obviously there's still a few missing mechanics in there, but I intend to fill them out straightaway. This thread, for now, is just to see if I have anyone interested in such a game before I go spending too much effort fleshing such a thing out.

My basic idea is to set it in a small city, like Portland, Maine, a place that likely has a minimal Vampiric presence but by contrast, has a comparatively large number of Mages, due to an unusual number of supernatural happenstances there; there's no single Mystery, just a lot of 'weird crap' that goes on. The job of the group, then, will be to help catalog some of it and to see what can be drawn into the local House's auspice (for the sake of the Council's goals, of course). Knowing me, you can expect some crossover regarding said Mysteries. I'll obviously add more details, again, once I have Mage 2e and once I'm sure I have interest.

Ruleswise, I'll probably give you guys a handful of starting Experiences, and maybe a free dot or two of Paths. I'd also allow you to use other stuff on my homebrew that'd mesh; Sanguine Craft, for instance, but obviously no bloodlines since you'll already be part of one inherently. (Once more, actual specifics can wait until I have interest)

I don't think I have the focus for a huge game, so I'm thinking 3 players to start with, on a 'first interesting concept, first serve' basis. That is, saying "I want in" doesn't reserve a spot (though is still helpful in proving there's interest to me), but posting an obviously thought out concept does.
    Last edited by falco1029; 04-29-2016, 11:41 AM.

My CofD Homebrew

Just going to mention that with Mage out, the document's been updated and should be at the point where it's more fully usable, if that was causing anyone any hesitation.

My CofD Homebrew

Comment

For what it's worth, I'm still willing to run this if anyone ends up showing new interest in it!

My CofD Homebrew

Comment

Hmm. I might be interedtrd in giving this a try. Just to be sure, this is a Mage/Vampire Crossover?

"My Homebrew Hub"
        Age of Azar
        The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Originally posted by Deionscribe View Post
          Hmm. I might be interedtrd in giving this a try. Just to be sure, this is a Mage/Vampire Crossover?
          Well it'd be a vampire game that inevitably has mage elements in it. The characters would all be Tremere vamps, but they get access to Mage-y stuff, and would likely run into Mages on the NPC side.
          Last edited by falco1029; 09-04-2016, 09:50 AM.

My CofD Homebrew

Comment

Working...
          X