No announcement yet.

[OOC] [Mage: the Awakening 2E] The Supernal Suburbia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lynx helps Ragnar with the Spirit Arcanum. I figure he can take a single success, as there is no risk of paradox, and he'll try to use the Concentration yantra just long enough for Ragnar to observe what's necessary. I'll make a more substantial post later, as IRL is being a pain.

Character Sheet: Oscar "Lynx" Valewood

Comment

• Casting Divination to try and keep this from turning into the stereotypical "let's split up in the haunted house" situation.

Comment

• Hello, I doubt it is possible but do you have an open slot for a character? I'm new to mage, I want to play but have not had much luck, so I thought I would try my hand at play by post. If you do I can discuss a character with you.

Comment

• Originally posted by HaplessWithDice View Post
          Hello, I doubt it is possible but do you have an open slot for a character? I'm new to mage, I want to play but have not had much luck, so I thought I would try my hand at play by post. If you do I can discuss a character with you.
          Sorry, but we are full at the moment. I have had several others ask to join a Mage game as well. Your best bet is probably to start a recruitment thread here on the boards seeking a group and a Storyteller. If enough people are interested, I bet you can find someone willing to be a Storyteller. If there still isn't someone willing to step up, i might be willing to revive my old game that died (Mountains of Shadow) as a Storyteller. But I would also rather have the chance to play my own character than to ST for a second campaign.

My Games
          Mage 2E: The Supernal Suburbia (IC / OOC) - Storyteller

Comment

• rwknoll You have both a player and a PC who are Shakespeare fans, so you need to get up pretty early in the morning to slip a potential "no man born of woman" situation past Ragnar and me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Haberdasher View Post
              rwknoll You have both a player and a PC who are Shakespeare fans, so you need to get up pretty early in the morning to slip a potential "no man born of woman" situation past Ragnar and me!
              I...actually don't know what you mean. I'm a bit rusty on my Shakespeare references.

My Games

Comment

• Originally posted by rwknoll View Post
                Sorry, but we are full at the moment. I have had several others ask to join a Mage game as well. Your best bet is probably to start a recruitment thread here on the boards seeking a group and a Storyteller. If enough people are interested, I bet you can find someone willing to be a Storyteller. If there still isn't someone willing to step up, i might be willing to revive my old game that died (Mountains of Shadow) as a Storyteller. But I would also rather have the chance to play my own character than to ST for a second campaign.
                Okay I have that thread up right here for you. Feel free to say you'd like to play, having an experienced player there with me would be great.

Comment

• Originally posted by rwknoll View Post

I...actually don't know what you mean. I'm a bit rusty on my Shakespeare references.
                  It's a line from Macbeth. When Macbeth goes to the Weird Sisters for information, they say that "no man born of woman" can kill him. He takes this to mean that he's immortal, but at the end of the play, Macduff comes to get revenge for his wife and son, and reveals that he was "from my mother's womb untimely ripped," which scholars generally interpret to mean that he was delivered via C-section or his mother died in labor and he was removed from her corpse, thus he was not "born." Macduff then kills Macbeth in a duel.

Fun fact, this "cop out" was what inspired J.R.R. Tolkien to have Eowyn kill the Witch-King in ​The Return of the King: he had gone to see a production of Macbeth as a child, and had assumed that the twist in the prophecy was going to be the Macbeth would be killed by a woman. Hence the similar terms of the prophecy.

The more you know.

Comment

• In a bit of a rut IRL. Will make a post when able. Play on Lynx's Distracted condition.

Comment

• Update: My wife and I are finally moving all of our stuff out of our apartment into our new house on Saturday. We have been swamped this week with last minute packing and cleaning, and I have been busy and tired at night when I often work on my posts.

I will try to get up another IC post soon, I'm guessing that another Storyteller post with info on what you're seeing in the house will help others know how to respond and act. Thanks again for your patience!

My Games

Comment

• rwknoll No problem!

Comment

• Another update. The move itself went well, and all of our stuff is in the house! However, we have already had some major unexpected issues, including two instances of sewage flooding in our basement. I've been pretty stressed and busy these last few days, so might be later this week before things settle down. I'll be back here posting as soon as possible. Thanks for your continued patience.

My Games

Comment

• Things are a little more settled now, thankfully. Should be back to a normal posting schedule.

My Games

Comment

• Poor Lynx, keeps getting Occult checks when he hasn't got his Order dot yet.

Comment

• I am waiting to learn High Speech so I don't burn through Willpower like crazy.

I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

Comment

Working...
                                X