No announcement yet.

[OOC] [Mage: the Awakening 2E] The Supernal Suburbia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There are going to be a lot of Clash of Wills rolls needed here because literally every time she uses a Numen or attacks one of you, there's a Clash. Rather than prompting each of you for a Clash roll, is it ok if I roll for you as part of my post like I did for Moonstone? If anyone does not like that idea, please let me know.

Thorbes, I also rolled initiative for you just so I could know where you'd fit in before I have the ghosts/spirits take actions. If you don't like that, you can roll for yourself and we will replace my initiative roll for you.

My Games
    Mage 2E: The Supernal Suburbia (IC / OOC) - Storyteller
    Mage 2E: Mountains of Shadow (IC / OOC) - Storyteller and Bruiser, Thyrsus Arrow and Perfected Adept

Comment

• Originally posted by rwknoll View Post
      There are going to be a lot of Clash of Wills rolls needed here because literally every time she uses a Numen or attacks one of you, there's a Clash. Rather than prompting each of you for a Clash roll, is it ok if I roll for you as part of my post like I did for Moonstone? If anyone does not like that idea, please let me know.
      I don't have a problem with that. In fact, I'm all for it, as it speeds things along.

Comment

• Yeah, feel free to roll my Clashes for me in these cases.

Also yikes, I knew Stamina 1 would come back to bite me sometime. I guess I get a Beat for having 1 health left?

2E Legacy Updates
        Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
        Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
        Storm Keepers

Comment

• Feel free to do my Clash of Wills as well.

Character Sheet: Oscar "Lynx" Valewood

Comment

• Sure, anything that can make things easier and speed it up a bit is ok on my book. Also sorry about the Initiative thing, you made the right call.

I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

Comment

• Caladriu - Yes, your Goetia familiar can interact with the ghost, or any other ephemeral entity either Materialized or in Twilight (if the Goetia is in Twilight as well).

Haberdasher - You're up in initiative, wasn't sure if you were aware of that.

To help speed up rolls, I forgot that we previously had everyone post at their convenience and that actions were resolved in order of initiative. So, Thorbes and crapcarp, feel free to post your IC actions whenever you have a chance and we can keep combat moving along.

Also, on a side note: Part of the reason my posting speed slowed down in the past few months was because I lost access to my Gmail account at work due to updates in our firewall. So I wasn't even able to type on the computer (which is much faster than typing on a phone) and copy/paste from my phone Gmail app to my phone browser. But I just realized that I can load a different personal email account at work, so I'll hopefully be able to speed up the posting rate again (as long as time permits and it doesn't interfere with my work duties).

Let me know if anyone else needs something from me!

My Games
              Mage 2E: Mountains of Shadow (IC / OOC) - Storyteller and Bruiser, Thyrsus Arrow and Perfected Adept

Comment

• Very sorry guys, I've had limited time and low energy due to the start of the semester. I should be able to post by tomorrow evening.

Haberdasher's Requiem Conversions and Homebrew

Comment

• Originally posted by Haberdasher View Post
                  Very sorry guys, I've had limited time and low energy due to the start of the semester. I should be able to post by tomorrow evening.
                  No worries! I'm just glad that you are still around and interested.

My Games

Comment

• So after reviewing a few things I realized that I have been using the wrong rules for Clash of Wills and contested rolls for ephemeral entities. This means I have been inflating rolls accidentally.

Rather than going back and undoing certain things that make the action here more dramatic, I am going to just give each of you a Beat as compensation. Caladriu, if you prefer, you also could say that you activated Mage Armor in response to the attack you were taking. I forgot to remind you that that is an option. Otherwise, keep the damage and the beat it earned you.

From here on out, ephemeral entities only use Rank + Influence (if relevant) to their CoW dice pool. For contested rolls, such as for Numina, they will use Rank + whichever trait is most relevant (often Power or Resistance).

My Games

Comment

• Would Prime Armor protect against the ghost's phyiscal attacks? On one hand, one could argue that the ghost's claws are material phenomena and therefore Prime Armor wouldn't protect against it, just like it wouldn't protect against a werewolf's claws like the description says. On the other, one could argue that the ghost can only make a physical attack in the first place is through Materializing itself, which is a supernatural power, whereas a werewolf's claws derive from their inheretly physical nails, the supernatural power merely lengthening and sharpening them.

​I don't know, and I'm fine with either answer, I just wanna make sure.

Comment

• You have Armor against ghost physical attacks from my spell. Is just 2 dots, but is something.

Comment

• Question for anyone who has the answer, because I'm not sure here: Does taking damage while chanting in High Speech interrupt Lynx's spellcasting?

I know that taking damage while concentrating on a spell will end it, but that only applies while the spell is active. Just wondering if Lynx's spell will go through as previously cast.

My Games

Comment

• Originally posted by crapcarp View Post
                            Would Prime Armor protect against the ghost's phyiscal attacks? On one hand, one could argue that the ghost's claws are material phenomena and therefore Prime Armor wouldn't protect against it, just like it wouldn't protect against a werewolf's claws like the description says. On the other, one could argue that the ghost can only make a physical attack in the first place is through Materializing itself, which is a supernatural power, whereas a werewolf's claws derive from their inheretly physical nails, the supernatural power merely lengthening and sharpening them.

​I don't know, and I'm fine with either answer, I just wanna make sure.
                            I would say no. Prime Armor applies to attacks that are wholly supernatural, which I don't think this should count as. Your Forces armor, however, would apply, and you can switch between them reflexively using 1 mana.

Thorbes - Your Ghost Shield spell means he gets a Clash of Wills against the ghost when it tries to attack, but otherwise it does not grant any actual armor.

My Games

Comment

• I took the extra Reach so it protected against the ghost physical attacks, I figured that granted armor. You mean you Clash of Wills the claw attacks?

Comment

• I looked at the chapter and I'm fairly sure taking damage doesn't interrupt spellcasting. Lynx already spent his action on High Speech, the thing has been done.

Yep, you Clash of Wills the claw attacks. The wording of Ghost Shield is basically "you create a shield against Death powers. When someone tries to pierce the shield, roll Clash." And then the Reach option is "that shield also applies to physical attacks." Mage Armor, which grants points of armor, is a separate thing.

Also, I'll keep my action as it was, I'm fine taking the damage. The thing keeping Moonstone from raising Armor anyway was having spent the 1 Mana per turn on a Time spell already.

2E Legacy Updates
                                Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
                                Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
                                Storm Keepers

Comment

Working...
                                X