No announcement yet.

[OOC] [Mage: the Awakening 2E] The Supernal Suburbia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm... I'll sleep on it. You seem to have things already pretty fleshed out with the brother and stuff, and I'm mostly still in advanced brainstorming.

Comment

• Originally posted by rwknoll View Post
      Also trying to tag Second Chances - any idea of at least which Path you might want to play? Assuming you're still interested in the game and able to play?
      I am, just very busy between work, drafts, and oral surgery. Moros or Thrysus would be the ways to go for me, depending on the rest if the group.

He/His Pronouns | Currently writing: Tome of the Pentacle (OPP), Better Feared: Nosferatu (STV)

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (WIP) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf

Comment

• I think I'm good with the Moros thief.

Comment

• ...actually I'm finding she works better as a Obrimos. Wish there was an Guardian Obrimos Matter Legacy...

Comment

• Concept: Enlightened 'Lady' Thief
            Sympathetic Name: Michelle Bianchi
            Shadow Name: Caligniosa ('Callie' will do)
            Path: Obrimos
            Order: Guardians
            Legacy: (Want one, might have to make it... an Obrimos/Guardian/Matter legacy would probably metaphorically relate to the walls of the Labyrinth...)
            Virtue: Generous
            Vice: Addictive
            Arcana: Forces 3, Matter 2, Prime 1
            Background:
            (bullet points for now because no way I'm finishing a paragraph writeup before I pass out)
            • Grew up well-off in La Grange, but got into various forms of theft for the thrill of it and got repeatedly caught, largely because she tried to go Robin Hood and pass out stolen stuff she didn't need
            • 'Hung out with' (was dating, not that she could tell her parents) Libby Price, who was one of the La Grange kids who up and disappeared. She didn't come back.
            • Went to college in Chicago, kept it up and now she wasn't a minor, so got kicked out but also hooked up with contacts through fences at pawn shops
            • The crew she fell in with was weird, like she could swear Mickey Jim didn't even pick some of the locks he got through. And they usually hit up places after weird weather, for some reason. And the partying was intense. Something always kept feeling wrong, though, like there were always whispers and strange shadows around.
            • On the night of the Deathstorm, Mickey Jim disappeared and the cops raided the flophole she was staying in, so she bolted out and into a maze of alleys she was sure weren't where she actually had been. (I'm not clear on whether the Deathstorm was still just one week ago, or there's more time. If just one week I'll probably have to move that back.) The idea is she was getting groomed by a Seer pillar, but didn't actually fit in, and the Guardians made a more persuasive offer after she Awakened.
            • What she came to understand once she finally escaped the maze of convoluted reality and stolen the knowledge at its heart, was that there were a whole lot of things out of place in this world, and now she had the power to put them back. (Besides realizing I wanted Forces primray, this seems more like an Obrimos sort of revelation).
            • Now she's back in La Grange after getting initiated in the Mysteries, so she can prove herself to the Guardians with fewer of the... distractions that Chicago provides.
            • Her tasks from the Guardians, for now, mostly are concerned with retrieving dangerous magical items from the possession of Sleepers and less Wise mages.
            Last edited by squidheadjax; 10-22-2020, 02:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by squidheadjax View Post
              Concept: Enlightened 'Lady' Thief
              Sympathetic Name: Michelle Bianchi
              Shadow Name: Caligniosa ('Callie' will do)
              Path: Obrimos
              Order: Guardians
              Legacy: (Want one, might have to make it... an Obrimos/Guardian/Matter legacy would probably metaphorically relate to the walls of the Labyrinth...)
              Virtue: Generous
              Vice: Addictive
              Arcana: Forces 3, Matter 2, Prime 1
              Background:
              (bullet points for now because no way I'm finishing a paragraph writeup before I pass out)
              • Grew up well-off in La Grange, but got into various forms of theft for the thrill of it and got repeatedly caught, largely because she tried to go Robin Hood and pass out stolen stuff she didn't need
              • 'Hung out with' (was dating, not that she could tell her parents) Libby Price, who was one of the La Grange kids who up and disappeared. She didn't come back.
              • Went to college in Chicago, kept it up and now she wasn't a minor, so got kicked out but also hooked up with contacts through fences at pawn shops
              • The crew she fell in with was weird, like she could swear Mickey Jim didn't even pick some of the locks he got through. And they usually hit up places after weird weather, for some reason. And the partying was intense. Something always kept feeling wrong, though, like there were always whispers and strange shadows around.
              • On the night of the Deathstorm, Mickey Jim disappeared and the cops raided the flophole she was staying in, so she bolted out and into a maze of alleys she was sure weren't where she actually had been. (I'm not clear on whether the Deathstorm was still just one week ago, or there's more time. If just one week I'll probably have to move that back.) The idea is she was getting groomed by a Seer pillar, but didn't actually fit in, and the Guardians made a more persuasive offer after she Awakened.
              • What she came to understand once she finally escaped the maze of convoluted reality and stolen the knowledge at its heart, was that there were a whole lot of things out of place in this world, and now she had the power to put them back. (Besides realizing I wanted Forces primray, this seems more like an Obrimos sort of revelation).
              • Now she's back in La Grange after getting initiated in the Mysteries, so she can prove herself to the Guardians with fewer of the... distractions that Chicago provides.
              • Her tasks from the Guardians, for now, mostly are concerned with retrieving dangerous magical items from the possession of Sleepers and less Wise mages.
              I love this so much! I think this is an awesome character concept and will really help to bolster the group.

I don't have many questions, and I imagine that you'll answer most of them as you further flesh out the character more.

I'll look through old print sources to see if I can find an Obrimos Guardian Legacy with Matter ruling. If you have a particular desire for a Legacy that we can't find in other print sources, we can always create one together, and just say there are only a handful of members in the local Consilium.
              Last edited by rwknoll; 10-22-2020, 10:18 AM. Reason: Typos

My Games
              Mage 2E: The Supernal Suburbia (IC / OOC) - Storyteller

Comment

• It looks like recruitment has been slower this time around than a few years ago, so I'm not really expecting many more people to hop on here to pitch a character concept. All of you have offered interesting ideas and seem excited and open about how to fit those characters into the current setting, so unless we suddenly have a bunch of more applicants come out of the woodwork, it looks like we have our party starting to form:

1. Kvitebjørn Kong Valemon - Lynx, Thyrsus animist/college student
                2. Second Chances - TBD, Moros or Thyrsus
                3. DrSteve - Morganna, Mastigos soccer mom / con-woman
                4. DArchon5 - Fatewise, Acanthus high school grad with supernatural family problems
                5. squidheadjax - Caligniosa, Obrimos enlightened 'lady' thief

If we get any more submissions, I'll consider making room for one more person, otherwise we will stick with 5.

Here is what I need from each of you to help us get the game started:

Everyone:
                Now that the party is starting to form, start thinking about ways your characters might have connections to the others (or not). Assume that the Deathstorm occurred ~3 weeks ago, and that you all Awakened after it, but all within that week (so you've all been Awakened for at least 2-3 weeks, but not more than that). It need not have occurrred on the exact day of the Deathstorm, perhaps within the next few days or even a week later, but all after it happened. In that time, you came across at least one mage who welcomed you into Awakened society, and you found your home within an Order. In terms of the cabal itself, I'm going to say that you all have met each other within the past week or so; various members of the Orders did some networking and your mentors encouraged you to join a cabal given your shared experience of Awakening shortly after the Deathstorm. You do not need to have even agreed upon a specific cabal name yet; that could be determined "on screen", or you could discuss it in the OOC thread here. Regardless, you would have been presented at a recent Consilium meeting.

I would also like each of you to identify a mentor. You can look through the NPC list in the IC thread, or you can create a new NPC mage who would be your main mentor. They would most likely be from your Order. Remember that if you do not take any dots in the Mentor merit (p. 106) that your mentor might have a pleasant relationship with you, but will not routinely offer free time or resources to help you out more actively. You do not need to flesh out the mentor's actual stats or character sheet unless you take dots in the Mentor merit, in which case feel free to include your suggestions on your character sheet.

Please also note somewhere in your background or character sheet where your character resides, taking into consideration whether you have the Safe Place or Resources merits. If you take Safe Place or Sanctum, note whether that is also where you live, or if your sanctum is in a separate location than your home. If you have neither of these merits, you don't have to be homeless per se, but you probably live in a public place that is not great (e.g., cramped studio apartment in a not so great part of Chicago; living in the basement or garage of a friend or family member's house or apartment). Starting equpiment is equally limited to standard rules for the Resources merit.

Kvitebjørn Kong Valemon
                I need an updated draft of your character sheet with any changes to the character concept, background, Arcana, merits, etc. that you would like to make. Please let me know when you have finished making these edits so I can look at the sheet and help review it. Also let me know if you are just going to edit the original post with your character sheet (linked above), or make a new post altogether so I can update the link on the introductory posts for the OOC and IC threads.

Second Chances
                I probably need the most for you. Totally understand that RL stuff has been keeping you busy - trust me, I do get it! Do you have an idea of what a reasonable goal might be for when you'd be able to put up at least a character concept like the others, or a full draft of an actual character sheet? With regards to Path, I am still open to any Path that you might be interested in as long as the character concept is fleshed out. That being said, if you pick Moros, you will help complement the party really well because all of the other Paths are represented.

DrSteve
                You already have a great draft of a character background and character sheet. As you have time, work on adding other polish to the character sheet with details like a picture, additional ideas about how Morganna fits into the local Consilium, information requested of everyone above, and fleshing out the stats for your mentor. Let me know if you have any questions.

DArchon5
                As your time allows, Please flesh out the character background more, decide how you want your relationship with Jack to appear, and then put in a draft of actual stats for your full character sheet. You have a great start to your character concept; work next on getting the character "game ready." Also see if you can find a picture you like to represent your character.

squidheadjax
                Finish working on the character background more as you have time, including a picture and other details as requested above, and then work on creating an actual character sheet.
                Last edited by rwknoll; 10-22-2020, 04:23 PM.

My Games

Comment

• Ahh, Resources. Yeah, Michelle's pretty much getting by with whatever she can steal (...which is rather a lot, really). I could easily spend 5 or 10 more Merit dots if we had them!

Sheet is actually mostly done, in my google drive (still subject to change as I complete it). I keep waffling on whether I really should keep professional training or put it in some other stuff. Realizing I should probably drop something for alternate identity. Hmm.

Comment

• Originally posted by squidheadjax View Post
                    Ahh, Resources. Yeah, Michelle's pretty much getting by with whatever she can steal (...which is rather a lot, really). I could easily spend 5 or 10 more Merit dots if we had them!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19PBoyZPoV7yX9h5mENlCXNKgM28whvcX/view?usp=sharing"]Sheet is actually mostly done, in my google drive[/URL] (still subject to change as I complete it). I keep waffling on whether I really should keep professional training or put it in some other stuff. Realizing I should probably drop something for alternate identity. Hmm.
                    The character is great so far. Could you still please post a copy here on the forums that I can use as a persistent reference? I can’t access Google Drive, Dropbox, or other file sharing sites through my work firewall, and it’s much easier for me to be able to access your character sheet through the forums.

My Games

Comment

• Originally posted by rwknoll View Post

The character is great so far. Could you still please post a copy here on the forums that I can use as a persistent reference? I can’t access Google Drive, Dropbox, or other file sharing sites through my work firewall, and it’s much easier for me to be able to access your character sheet through the forums.
                      Sure, I'll type it in once I get things settled out.

Comment

• Sorry for size of pictures; used to a board that can resize them in the BBcode.

Michelle's natural look:

The wig she wears as part of her Shadow Name:

The hoodie she wears for 'blending in' as Caliginosa (without her wig, here):

When she's more concerned with magical matters, and also wants to be able to conceal larger stuff she picks up without having to re-cast Invisibility:
                        Last edited by squidheadjax; 10-23-2020, 01:50 PM. Reason: corrected spelling

Comment

• Arg, I keep misspelling it. Caliginosa, Italian for hazy/foggy/murky/smoggy.

Comment

• I'll see what I can do over the weekend. I've got some drafts due ASAP that I need to work on, but I might be able to pull some stuff together for tonight. If all the other paths are set, I will run with Moros!

He/His Pronouns | Currently writing: Tome of the Pentacle (OPP), Better Feared: Nosferatu (STV)

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (WIP) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf

Comment

• Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
                              I'll see what I can do over the weekend. I've got some drafts due ASAP that I need to work on, but I might be able to pull some stuff together for tonight. If all the other paths are set, I will run with Moros!
                              Awesome! Good luck with all of your work stuff! TGIF

My Games

Comment

• Hmm. I think Valentine might make a good Guardian mentor/boss for Callie. Getting a 'refined spymaster' vibe from him in the handful of posts I've dug up.

Comment

Working...
                                X