X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rwknoll
    • Sep 2015

Second Chances (Eurydice’s Heir):
    (1) Character sheet: You need a second Praxis because of Gnosis 2. Also, if I did the math right, I think you’re missing an Attribute dot somewhere? Did you add your free 1 dot to Resolve, Stamina, or Resolve from adding the Mage template?

(2) Mentor: Please see my notes regarding Ovid; he is a Libertine, I’d like you to pick at least one Arrow that you would know and who would serve as a primary mentor or point of contact within your Order. You can work in-game at building a relationship with Ovid or his cabal if interested (and you can pick that as an aspiration now or later, if interested).

(3) Character and setting connections: Please come up with at least 3 general links to the setting and/or other characters. Look to Lynx or Caliginosa's character sheet for examples.

DArchon5 (Fatewise):
    (1) Background: Please consolidate the background information you’ve posted recently into the larger post with your character sheet (post #1184 on page 79) and all of the other requested information listed here.

(2) Photo: Please post a link to a photo or photos that represent how you view your character.

(3) Mentor: Please let me know if you like the idea of Cadence (an Acanthus Mystagogue, and cabalmate to Melody, the Consilium Herald) sounds like a good potential fit for your Order mentor.

(4) Character and setting connections: Please come up with at least 3 general links to the setting and/or other characters. Look to Lynx or Caliginosa's character sheet for examples.

My Games
    Mage 2E: The Supernal Suburbia (IC / OOC) - Storyteller

Comment

• DArchon5
      • Sep 2016

rwknoll

(1) I am starting to write it out, but my sensibilities is making consolidating it hard. here's what I have currently.
      If I were to say that my life wasn’t always weird, I would be lying. I mean sure, everything with the magic, and the fairies, and the Deathstorm is new, but I’m honestly not all that surprised that my life escalated to… all of this.

But, I’m getting ahead of myself.

I was born in Chicago and lived there for most of my life at this point with my dear old dad. He raised me by himself, always juggling being the paternal father and doing enough work to support us. He always struggled with it, trying to be two people at once and having to be in three places at the same time. He dropped the ball a few times, but I try not to blame him for it. He has enough on his plate as it is.

It always made me wonder where my mom is though, everyone always told how weird it is that my dad’s raising me alone. I’ve brought it up with him a couple of times, but he always either changes the subject or just goes silent and ends the conversation on the spot. Eventually I just, stopped asking.

I do know he’s my biological dad though, so there’s that.

Anyway, ever since I was little I’ve always been a bit of a luck magnet. And by a bit, I mean a lot. Good luck, bad luck, and some weird luck here and there. Basically, if something is notably improbable then it’s pretty much guaranteed to happen to me at some point.

My mentor said it’s something to do with my Nimbus, but I’m not sure if it’s an effect of my Nimbus or if the Nimbus just made it stronger.

I digress.

(2) I have no idea how to even begin to find a photo of Rene. I mean, if all else fails I'll just look up Rose Lalonde cosplayers, but I'd prefer that stay a last resort.

(3) Cadence sounds like a good enough fit.

(4) I'll get to it as I finish up Backstory.

Comment

• rwknoll
        • Sep 2015

The photo is mostly fluff. You can always change it later. I just use Google Image searches for most NPCs, and then link the photo here.

My Games

Comment

• squidheadjax
          • Nov 2013

Looking forward to this coming together

Comment

• rwknoll
            • Sep 2015

DArchon5 - I just realized that I might not have been clear. I don’t need you to rewrite or synthesize all of your writing in a different way. I meant literally copy and paste it all into one post here, in the same post as your photo and character sheet. You had “stream of consciousness” background in multiple posts; I just need one specific post I can reference that you will use for your character sheet throughout our time playing, including tracking XP, aspirations, Obessions, equipment, and so on. Sorry if that was not clear!

My Games

Comment

• DArchon5
              • Sep 2016

rwknoll Oh, well that's much easier. I guess I'll just put up the more polished version on my own time then.

Comment

• rwknoll
                • Sep 2015

Yeah! I know you’ve been slowly chipping away at more ideas about your backstory. I’m a believer in letting players tweak character sheets and backstory early on in the campaign if it makes the game more fun for them, and it’s ok if you learn more about Fatewise simply by deciding in the moment how to respond to a conflict or Mystery. I need stats most importantly, then enough of a background to know what is most important and interesting to you so I can start brainstorming ideas for plot hooks. After that, I like fluff like character photos to make the world more vivid and engaging.

As soon as you and the Heir are both finalized with those basics, I think we are just about ready to go live with the IC posts!! Which means I better get to work double time with brainstorming and writing, haha.

My Games

Comment

• DArchon5
                  • Sep 2016

Here's the links I have right now:
                  • DESTINY: Rene is a locus of fate, often getting tangled up in others problems and stories. Chances are, she's previously met the important people she will encounter and walked away from it with some insight as to their character. Destiny's idea of foreshadowing things to her. This also sometimes manifests as literal foreshadowing, ominous events appearing around her as a portent of things to come.
                  • FAMILY: Rene's brother, Jack, is currently living out his Durance in Arcadia, battling the shapeshifting True Fae that keeps him hostage. The Tragic Hero to the Fae's Villain. Jack's Fetch has only recently appeared, though both Rene and Jack's mother has begun suspecting something is wrong. They've yet to figure out what however. Moving on, Rene's father, Harold Fraser, has recently married Dr. Sylvia Flores, Jack's Mother, and they all currently live in the Fraser's home. Dr. Flores has opted to not change her name so as to not confuse her patients, and Mr. Fraser agreed to it on the grounds of less paperwork they have to waste their time on. Harold and Slyvia do care deeply about their children, biological or otherwise, but they do have a problem in properly understanding them. A product of their busy schedules. It's honestly a miracle they found time to date and get married as it is.
                  • LITERATURE: Rene quite loves books and so does her luck. She loves reading and learning about new things, and is often found seeking out new books in shops and libraries, having quickly read through her last batch. Her luck often helps her with this, as she often quickly finds just the book with the information she needs, even if she didn't know she would need it yet.

Comment

• rwknoll
                    • Sep 2015

DArchon5 - Those are great. I looked through the character sheet and it looks fantastic. Other than the photo, the only thing I noticed was that the number of dots next to your Shadow Name merit didn’t seem to be listed or displaying, which I think is only 1 for now but I know you can put more into that later. Thanks for your thoughtfulness with the background and your willingness to stick it out!

Second Chances - And then there was one! I know you’ve been really busy. Do you have time this week to finalize your character sheet? See my questions above for final details I have questions about. Do you have any concerns about your availability or ability to post 1-2 times per week once we get started? Let me know so we can talk about it.

Everyone else: Does anyone have any other questions or concerns we need to discuss?
                    Last edited by rwknoll; 11-16-2020, 04:16 AM.

My Games

Comment

• Second Chances
                      • Dec 2014

Originally posted by rwknoll View Post
                      Second Chances - And then there was one! I know you’ve been really busy. Do you have time this week to finalize your character sheet? See my questions above for final details I have questions about. Do you have any concerns about your availability or ability to post 1-2 times per week once we get started? Let me know so we can talk about it.
                      That may very well depend on what the virus does this week and how our government decided to react to it.

Chris H | Patreon| He/His | Currently Writing: Daughters of Hera (Scion, Nexus)

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf

Comment

• rwknoll
                        • Sep 2015

I completely understand. I hope you and your family are well and that you stay safe and healthy. If you need to delay joining so you can focus on RL stuff, just let me know. We could start without you and have you join up once things slow down for you. Let me know if there is anything you need from me or anything I can do to help.

My Games

Comment

• Second Chances
                          • Dec 2014

I'm okay if you want to get rolling with everyone else, I might just be a couple of days behind.

If we're looking for the Arrow connection, why don't we go with Askia then? I totally missed them on the first look through, but that gives the Arrow-Thrysus combo without being a weenie and taking the Hierarch as a mentor. I could build some connections to the Mythologos and Olympians as my plot hooks (and save one more for another PC). If you (or anyone else, I'd down with collaborating) have suggestions for hooks that might help, but I think we're close to done with my sheet.

The Gnosis/Praxis/Resistance stat fixes should be pretty quick and easy.

Chris H | Patreon| He/His | Currently Writing: Daughters of Hera (Scion, Nexus)

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf

Comment

• DArchon5
                            • Sep 2016

I'll hash this out in detail later, but for now:

Kvitebjørn Kong Valemon - LYNX: He brings to mind an older version of her brother, which firmly places him in the category of annoying. She does make an effort to be friendly to him, however. Something of a mix between extending her promise to try to get along with her brother and solidarity for being in the same Order.
                            Second Chances - EURYDICE'S HEIR: Spirits and ghosts are simply another part of Fatewise's occult interests, and she would be glad to take notes from her cabalmate's experiments. Considering her lack of Spirit or Death Sight, she might have trouble interpreting his ramblings at first, but Fatewise is nothing if not meticulous and observant.
                            DrSteve - MORGANNA: Considering her Shadow Name, Rene may find her of interest once she learns more of Fetches and the Fae.
                            squidheadjax - CALIGNIGOSA: Fatewise doesn't like how sneaky Callie is, even with her being able to spot the Mastigos better than most. It makes her concerned about what else Callie does, unseen by the others.

Please comment.

Comment

• DrSteve
                              • Aug 2019

Originally posted by DArchon5 View Post
                              I'll hash this out in detail later, but for now:

DrSteve - MORGANNA: Considering her Shadow Name, Rene may find her of interest once she learns more of Fetches and the Fae.

Please comment.
                              I'll edit my character sheet in a bit to change the Occult specialty to Faeries.

Can we launch maybe on Friday? I think everyone is far enough along.

Comment

• squidheadjax
                                • Nov 2013

Originally posted by DArchon5 View Post
                                squidheadjax - CALIGNIGOSA: Fatewise doesn't like how sneaky Callie is, even with her being able to spot the Mastigos better than most. It makes her concerned about what else Callie does, unseen by the others.

Please comment.
                                Callie's Obrimos, but other than that, makes sense.

Comment

Working...