No announcement yet.

[OOC] [Mage: the Awakening 2E] Mountains of Shadow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I roll to offer those spirits on the other side Essence for telling us what happened and leading us to Sally?

Simurgh, Mysterium Thyrsus in Mountains of Shadow (IC|OOC)

Comment

• It can be a simple social roll. Manipulation + Persuassion, perhaps? You first need essence to bribe them though.

I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

Comment

• Bugger I though Channel Essence was Weaving the entire time. D:

So I spend 2 mana, cast Channel Essence, offer Essence, cast Channel Essence again, give Essence. Right?

And the second casting is withstood by Gaunlet, which is, what, 2?
        Last edited by Tambov; 09-09-2016, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tambov View Post
          BTW, would it be possible for us to purchase the first dot in the others' Order Status and later Egregore/Techne? RAW seems to allow it, but I'd rather run it by you.
          Hmm. I don't think you should be able to purchase Egregore/Techne. From a roleplay perspective, I don't see why the Orders would divulge secrets or special Order practices to someone not initiated in their Order. I don't see any indication why you couldn't obtain at least 1 dot of Status for other Orders, but I have a hard time coming up with a rationale for why an Order/caucus leader would allow that kind of privilege to a non-member.

What do I roll to offer those spirits on the other side Essence for telling us what happened and leading us to Sally?
          Yes, I agree with the suggestion for Manipulation + Persuasion (instant action), contested by spirit's Finesse. Technically we could also use Social Maneuvering here, but that seems a little convoluted for what you're trying to do.

For what it's worth, you could also just use the brute-force method and command it to answer you (p. 181). However, the Spirit won't be able to see or interact with you while your Shadow Walk spell is active.

Bugger I though Channel Essence was Weaving the entire time. D:

So I spend 2 mana, cast Channel Essence, offer Essence, cast Channel Essence again, give Essence. Right?

And the second casting is withstood by Gaunlet, which is, what, 2?
          I'm not sure I follow about the Weaving part? You can use Channel Essence here with Spirit 2 if that's what you're asking.

I realized I had a confusing line in my IC post. The spirits are in Twilight, so they're actually here in the material world -- on your side of the Gauntlet -- they're just not manifested. I edited my post for clarification.

I'm trying to double check in the book, but I thought you could just spend mana and have it count as Essence for the purpose of this spell...but I'm not seeing that now? So I'm not sure how that actually works. But assuming you had the Essence available, you only need one casting to give it to them, and it's not Withstood by the Gauntlet (which is actually strength 3 here) because they're in Twilight.

My Games
          Mage 2E: The Supernal Suburbia (IC / OOC) - Storyteller

Comment

• This seems to have slowed down a peak...

I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

Comment

• Originally posted by Thorbes View Post
              This seems to have slowed down a peak...
              Yep, I noticed that too and was going to check in today.

Unless I'm missing something, no one is waiting on me for a response before they can reply, right?

wtaylorjr2001 - Waiting to see what you would like to do next. How would Dr. Luck try to help with the investigation? I see in your most recent post that you wanted to provide another blessing of luck on the investigation; did you want to try and roll for some spell to see if you can do that? It would need to be something other than Exceptional Luck or else it won't stack with your existing bonuses. You have Time, Fate, and Space magic, and I'm sure you could find some ways to make any of those useful here. You can also do a perception roll (Wits + Composure).

Retias - Still waiting on a Wits + Composure roll for perception to see what else you find, either using your regular vision or that heat-signature spell you were interested in trying. I'd need a spell roll to see the effects of the spell you want to create and attempt to cast. It would be a standard Unveiling spell if you used Forces to allow your eyes to pick up heat signatures, probably a modified version of Nightvision (p. 141).

Thorbes - What would Ophis like to do next?

Tambov - What do you want to do next? What might you do to interact with the spirits? As noted above, you can try bribing them with Essence, compel them to answer, or do something else. You'll need to make yourself visible to them in order to interact with you.

My Games

Comment

• Anyone other than Thorbes have any input or responses? I'll wait a little longer to hear back, but otherwise I will assume there isn't enough interest to keep the game going.

My Games

Comment

• I'm in, I just going through hell right now.

Comment

• Ok, I'm calling it.

It seems like there is insufficient interest to keep this game going. I would be glad to continue it when we can get enough interest, but for now I am going to be placing this game on hiatus. If there are specific reasons you're not finding it interesting or things you would like me to address, please comment here or send me a private message. If enough players become active again, we can pick things back up where they were.

My Games

Comment

• I Was really busy with CtL playtest, is there a chance we could resurrect this or, failing that, add a 7th player to suburbia?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tambov View Post
                        I Was really busy with CtL playtest, is there a chance we could resurrect this or, failing that, add a 7th player to suburbia?
                        Hi Tambov! Unfortunately, there does not appear to be sufficient interest in this game currently. Without at least a few active players, I won't be able to run this game.

The Supernal Suburbia game has the other problem -- it has a very active and large player group. I don't think there is room for another player currently. However, if someone were to drop out, I can contact you and see if you would be interested in joining.

My Games

Comment

Working...
                        X