Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rwknoll View Post
    Sure! No problem.
    Thanks done so I start with one praxis and the Legacy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardwire99 View Post
      Third Attainment: Bokor's Mark
      Prerequisites: Death 3, two dots in a second Skill among the initiation Skill list
      The Bokor lulls her subject's soul and body into death-like sleep, making him more vulnerable to her sorceries. This Attainment replicates the "Suppress Life" spell, with Reach assigned to instant use and Advanced Duration. Another effect of this Attainment is that the Bokor may affect the marked subject with Death magic that affects corpses.
      Additionally, a Slave-driver using the Sympathetic Range Attainment on anyone she's marked with this Attainment may do so without expending Reach. This allows her to use her Legacy Attainments on such subjects if needed.
      Optional: Mind 3
      The Mark lulls even the subject's psychic aura, drowning her into the background. The Bokor duplicates the "Incognito Presence" spell, with Reach assigned to instant use and Advanced Duration. He scores automatic successes equal to his Mind dots when a Clash of Wills is provoked by supernatural concentration. If the main effect of this Attainment was already used prior to using this effect, the Slave-driver bypasses the subject's Withstand ratings.
      Reading it in detail something that occurs to me: That's not how Supress Life works. It's a veiling spell that veils lifesigns, so a human holding still under this spell will look like a Corpse, one moving around like a Zombie or a Vampire perhaps. But it doesn't put people into comas.

My Mage 2e Homebrew

Comment

• Originally posted by Flinty View Post

Reading it in detail something that occurs to me: That's not how Supress Life works. It's a veiling spell that veils lifesigns, so a human holding still under this spell will look like a Corpse, one moving around like a Zombie or a Vampire perhaps. But it doesn't put people into comas.
        Ok take that up with the person that wrote the conversion as stared I just copied it here for use if it was wanted. If the ST wishes to change that then more power to him. All legacies are a subjective view point and can be altered as needed to fit each campaign.

Comment

• Relax, not trying to attack you personally, just pointing out a slight mistake in the writeup. It's arguably quite possible to create a spell like that using Death 2, it's just not Supress Life and it should probably be withstood by Stamina.

My Mage 2e Homebrew

Comment

• Here is a possible rewrite for Attainment 3
            The Bokor bolster’s her servant by applying a their personal mark to a zombie they control. The zombie gains stats as a [dread monstrosity]. A Power, Finesse, and resistance pool all three of these are set to the master’s Death Arcana. The zombie uses these as seen fit for any task. Including interpreting it’s master’s orders, as normal. It also receives up to 3 physical skills from it’s master. These enhanced zombies have different names depending on who taught the Bokor, the most common though is thrall. They are still incapable of advanced enough thought to carry on social activity. They cannot even react to spoken or written words of anyone, other than their master, with the skill of a chat bot. A Bokor cannot control more Thralls than their death arcana. Any thrall made in surplus replaces a previous thrall who turns back into a standard zombie until the number of thralls decreases. Should the Bokor’s death arcana increase the Power, Finesse, and Resistance of all thralls increase as well.

Comment

• So the "Thralls" new stats just replace the Zombies old stats or add to it? How long does it take to apply this mark? How long does it last? Ephemeral Entities usually only use Power, Finesse and Resistance for their rolls, they don't use skills at all. Also what does receiving physical skills from its master mean? Get 3 Skills at exactly the same level its master has them at?

My Mage 2e Homebrew

Comment

• Let's table the discussion on the Bokor level 3 attainment for now. I would like to review it in closer detail when I have time, but it's a moot point because it will be a while before it's even available to the PC due to the Gnosis requirement. As for actually joining the Legacy, I think it's totally cool. Sound good?

I will try to write up my ideas for Legacies, and review the attainments for all the Legacies our players wish to use (including Bruiser's). But for now, let's all focus on getting basic character stats up first so we can get up and running.

My Games
                Mage 2E: The Supernal Suburbia (IC / OOC) - Storyteller
                Mage 2E: Mountains of Shadow (IC / OOC) - Storyteller and Bruiser, Thyrsus Arrow and Perfected Adept

Comment

• I am done on all accounts. So I should be good to go unless you find something that needs to be changes.

Comment

• I want to add in one or two more NPC descriptions, but otherwise should be finished aswell. I think what we all should figure out together is what our cabals name is, what our declared purpose is, if we have a "sanctum" (not nec the merit) or something we use together, which rights we uphold, how long we've been established etc.

My Mage 2e Homebrew

Comment

• Cabal name ideas:
                      Watch Dogs?
                      Marshals?
                      Boarder Patrol?

Comment

• Originally posted by HaplessWithDice View Post
                        Cabal name ideas:
                        Watch Dogs?
                        Marshals?
                        Boarder Patrol?
                        Oh, I like the idea of Watch Dogs. We already have Bad Dawg in the group, and I'm thinking that I will say Bruiser's Army job was a military working dog handler.

When you have a chance, can you please create a post here with a draft of your character sheet in text format? You can use similar or the same formats as the other players have done (I'm going to do the same), but I can't use Dropbox because I can't access it from work or on my phone.

My Games
                        Mage 2E: Mountains of Shadow (IC / OOC) - Storyteller and Bruiser, Thyrsus Arrow and Perfected Adept

Comment

• Originally posted by rwknoll View Post

Oh, I like the idea of Watch Dogs. We already have Bad Dawg in the group, and I'm thinking that I will say Bruiser's Army job was a military working dog handler.
                          Are you set on being from the army because the Marines are the Devil Dogs.

Comment

• Hah, I actually didn't know that. I am not a Veteran myself, but I work at a VA medical center and spend a lot of time interacting with Vets, which is what gave me some of the ideas for the character. I could make him a Marine, yeah. I'll think about it.

My Games

Comment

• Here is a link to a Wiki about the marines and the nickname of Devil Dog.

Comment

• Player: HaplessWithDice
                                Chronicle: Mountains of Shadow
                                Shadow Name: Death Wolf
                                Sympathetic Name: Justin Koheler
                                Health 7, Defense 4, Armor 0/0

Path: Moros
                                Order: Arrow
                                Cabal:
                                Legacy: Bokor

Virtue: Loyal
                                Vice: Vindictive
                                Concept: Emmisary of the Wolves

Attributes
                                Intelligence: 2
                                Wits: 2
                                Resolve: 3

Strength: 2
                                Dexterity: 3
                                Stamina: 2

Presence: 3
                                Manipulation: 2
                                Composure: 3

Skills
                                Academics: 1
                                Computer:
                                Crafts:
                                Investigation: 1
                                Medicine: 1 (Order Skill)
                                Occult: 2 (Spirits)
                                Politics:
                                Science:

Athletics: 2 (Ranged Spells)(Order Skills)
                                Brawl: 1
                                Drive: 0
                                Firearms: 2
                                Larceny: 0
                                Stealth: 1
                                Survival: 1
                                Weaponry: 1

Animal Ken: 2
                                Empathy: 0
                                Expression: 2 (Singing)
                                Intimidation: 2 (Order skill)
                                Persuasion: 2
                                Socialize: 2
                                Streetwise: 0
                                Subterfuge: 1

Advantages
                                Health: 7
                                Willpower: 6
                                Defense: 4
                                Initiative: 6
                                Speed: 10
                                Size: 5

Gnosis: 2
                                Wisdom: 7
                                Max Mana/Per Turn: 11/2

Merits
                                First Tongue 1
                                Familiar 4 (Ashlyn Aslan - Spirit Sister, Spirit of Dominion)
                                Mentor (Mother/Pack Shaman - Bone Shadow) 1
                                Shadow name 2
                                Hallow 1
                                Resources 1
                                High Speech 1

Arcana:
                                Death 3
                                Forces 2
                                Matter 1
                                Spirit 1

Praxes:
                                Shadow Crafting
                                Control Electricy

Rotes
                                Rotting Flesh
                                Invisability
                                Remote Control

Dedicated Tool
                                Carved Bone Knife

Nimbus
                                Stange breath marks on glass as he passes by as if some great beasts breath were upon it.

Immediate:
                                a pack of ghostly wolves surround him

Signature:
                                A skeletal wolf

Tilt:
                                -1 Resolve as fear that someone dangerous is stalking you.

Aspirations
                                Short Term: Hunt a Mystery
                                Short: Help a Mage Understand The Pack
                                Long: Work a deal between the Pinnacle and the Pack

Obsession
                                What effects do the thinner guantlet here have on the underworld?

Equipment
                                Old car
                                Inexpensive Smart Phone
                                Suit (+1 Presence)

Pre Awakening

He was born into a Werewolf pack. Wolf blooded by nature with a spirit companion as his tell. He grew up a member of the pack, always following around his older sister. When his older sister underwent her first change she became a might Bone Shadow Rahu. He was still her shadow when ever he could, and her arms when she needed him. Many felt he would follow in his mother's footsteps and become a Ithauer. They were wrong...he awakened to become a mage. His spirit friend left him, and he was left confused and helpless

Post Awakening

His mother did her best to help him understand his powers teaching him, and getting spirits to help him. His Praxis are carved into his skin in much the same way werewolf gifts are carved into theirs. The local consilium pulled him out of there and give him a new education trying to build on what his mother taught him. Another student (A Bokor) helped him to understand that power comes with two signs responsibility and privilage. Often time these go hand in hand.

Physical Appearance

Stuff goes here

Familiar

Name: Ashlyn Aslan Nickname: Spirit Sister, Controlling Bitch(derogatory by other spirits)
                                Wolf Spirit of Domination
                                Ban Loses all willpower if forced to follow the order of an inferior Bane The blood of a slave keeper
                                Power 6 Finesse 4 Resistance 4
                                Influence: Wolves 1 Loyalty 1
                                Manifestation: Twilight Form, Image, Materialize (Familiar)
                                Numia: Dement, Drain, Hallucination, Mortal Mask, Regenerate
                                Last edited by HaplessWithDice; 08-13-2017, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X