Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[IC] [Mage: the Awakening 2E] The Supernal Suburbia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Moonstone
    Turn 4 | Initiative 13 | Conditions: Divergent (Passive), Guilty, Determined
    Doors:
    XXOOOOOO

    The fighting continues this way for several volleys. The air crackles with dueling Nimbuses.

    "After everything I've lived through- I'll endure this, too!" He forms a similar counter-Imago of himself remaining youthful and eternal, untouched and untouchable, while Mathias fades away. TIME - SHIELDING - AGELESS

    Attacking with Resolve+Time: 2 successes

    Feel free to modify the bonuses for the following rolls if Mathias Defends.


    Turn 5

    "And you- ha- you'll just be a memory! You. Ain't. Nothin'." He undulates and dances into existence a labyrinth made of mirrored walls, a symbolic representation of his own evasion of responsibility, defying Mathias' efforts to find a way through. SPACE - VEILING - (NO) EXIT

    The physical Moonstone reinforces the message by styling on him in the most elegant way, drawing on his skill in both the mystical secrets of the Space Arcanum and modern dance.

    Attacking with Wits+Space+1: 5 successes!

    If I can, I'd like to apply a custom Tilt to Mathias, giving him -2 to Defend rolls this Duel, resolved when he successfully Defends.


    Turn 6

    Having seized the initiative, he expands on the Imago: his own hands reach out from the mirrors in every direction, turning Mathias around and stealing the threads of his Sympathy one by one. Finally he stands threadbare and alone in the middle of the labyrinth, watching as his friends and family greet and welcome Moonstone as if he were Mathias. SPACE - RULING - THIEF-OF-NAMES

    Attacking with Dexterity+Space+4: 1 success, of course.
    Last edited by Caladriu; 10-12-2016, 06:04 PM.


    2E Legacy Updates
    Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
    Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
    Storm Keepers

    Comment


    • Phoenix
      Active Sight: Prime (Peripheral at end of Duel) | Armor: None | Active Spell(s): None
      Health: LOOOOOO | WP: 0/5 | Mana: 3/10 | Wisdom: 7 (Understanding)
      Conditions: Grieving [Guilty], Irritable | Tilts: None

      "Open your Sight to the Truth."

      Doing as instructed, the two duelists wills reveal themselves. So this is what a wizard's war looks like.

      Mathias is fighting hard, but it's an uphill battle for him. Moonstone has a clear advantage, at least for now. Moonstone mustn't win, I wish I could do something instead of clenching my fists.

      Comment


      • Mathias
        Turn 4
        Doors: XXXXOO

        Mathias cries out in surprise as the Duel wears down on his psyche. He throws a look at Moonstone that is a mixture of outrage and shock. He simply seems like he cannot fathom how he is losing.

        Wordlessly, rather than attacking, Mathias holds up his arms defensively. Cords of Destiny extend outward from him and lash on to the ground around him, desperately clinging to the version of himself here rather than submitting to Moonstone's Imago. But the threads falter, and he slips to one knee.

        Defending with Resolve + Fate: 1 success. Mathias' 4th Door opens, but you only exceed his total by 1 (minimum to win), so no bonus on the Turn 5 roll. As a result, your Turn 5 only gets 4 successes, so makes the discussion about a Tilt a moot point.


        Turn 5
        Doors: XXXXXO

        Mathias is clearly on the defensive now. He is creating Imagos out of pure instinct, reacting to Moonstone's rather than crafting nuanced effects. His Imagos have more weight behind them, and create larger and more dramatic effects, but somehow Moonstone's sheer force of will presses harder and harder than Mathias can tolerate.

        The older mage closes his eyes and intones in High Speech, forcing his face to a look of focused serenity. Mathias creates an Image of himself deftly navigating the endless maze, letting chance and random decisions guide his feet to the exit. But the exit never appears, and Mathias' calm facade cracks.

        Defending with Dexterity + Fate: 0 successes. Well, the dice are on your side tonight!


        Turn 6
        Doors: XXXXXX

        Mathias makes one last effort to defend himself, hoping to knock away your grip on your Sword to buy time to rethink his path to victory. But his final Imago, of threads of Fate wrapping him in a cocoon of Destiny to shield himself from the future Moonstone tries to bring to pass, fails.

        Mathias falls to his knees, gasping. He is at a loss of words.

        Silence fills the room. The dueling circle disappears, and Boomer shakes her head in disappointment. Valentine looks down, not looking at Mathias. "Moonstone wins," Boomer announces quietly.

        Defending with Presence + Fate: 0 successes again.


        My Games
        Mage 2E: The Supernal Suburbia (IC / OOC) - Storyteller

        Comment


        • RAGNAR
          Mage Sight: Active (Fate and Time)
          Active Spells: None
          Conditions/Tilts: None
          Health: OOOOOOOO I WP: 0/4 I Mana: 5/10 I Wisdom: 7
          Beats: 2/5 I Arcane Beats: 3/5

          Ragnar is verklempt. The sight of Mathias losing to a newly-Awakened mage is stunning. He looks over at Moonstone. By all accounts, Mathias should have had no difficulties defeating Moonstone. But the Warlock conducted himself well. True talent, or just a fortuitous eddy of Fate?

          Mathias the Witch. Will he bear a grudge against Moonstone for this? Will this color his attitude towards me?

          Ragnar is casting Divination (Time 1) as an Improvised Spell. He has two free Reach, one of which he spends for Advanced Range, and the other for Specific Answers. Gnosis 1 + Time 2 + Path Tool 1 = 4 dice -> 2 successes.




          Haberdasher's Requiem Conversions and Homebrew

          Comment


          • Ragnar
            You tap into the streams of Time swirling around you. Images flash through your mind, glimpses of the future -- or at least a likely future.

            You see scenes of Moonstone and Mathias speaking cordially but curtly, flashing again and again, but none of outright hostility; you sense that Mathias will indeed bear a grudge, but not something that would be so strong as to form a lasting hatred or blood feud.

            The scenes fade, only to be replaced by mental snapshots of your own interactions with Mathias -- ones filled with understanding, patience, and generosity from Mathias. Clearly, he will not hold any ill will towards you specifically because of Moonstone's actions, even if you continue on your current path.


            Everyone
            For a long pause, Mathias stares at the ground, unable to lift his gaze to any of you. His breathing begins to slow to a steady rhythm, and he wipes the sweat from his forehead.

            Eventually, Mathias rises to his feet and lifts his gaze to meet each of the mages -- except Moonstone's. "The Duel Arcane is a system of combat for settling wrongs and claims by opposing parties," he says wearily. All of the heat has left his tone, and his voice sounds hoarse as if he has been yelling for hours. "By right of force and will, the winner is granted exclusive rights to the stakes and claims over which the Duel were held. It is steeped in millennia of tradition, passed down from generation to generation of mages. The magic of the Duel is such that it leaves the loser mentally and spiritually exhausted, such that failing to accept the terms of losing is incredibly difficult." His voice does indeed sound exhausted. "And even if that were not the case, the code duello and the Lex Magica -- the laws of the Duel Arcane and mage society overall, respectively -- clearly indicate that failing to accept terms of losing after a Duel is a severe crime."

            And, as if to demonstrate his compliance, Mathias finally makes eye contact with Moonstone, if briefly, and walks towards him. The Mastigos mage slowly kneels before him, takes a deep breath, and nods. "Moonstone, I wish to formally...thank you..." The words are slow in coming, as if being dragged out of him. "...for saving my, and these mages', lives from the Gulmoth known as Alux." Pause, followed by another longer, slower breath. Mathias' eyes are fixated on Moonstone, but they still lack the heat they held before the Duel.

            He sighs. "As I already said, it was wrong to strike you out of anger. I ask for you to forgive me for harming you, insulting you, and disrespecting you after you...put your life on the line for my sake." By this point, Mathias' eyes are starting to pick up more of the intensity they held before his loss, but his tone remains decidedly neutral. Mathias takes one more ragged breath, as if preparing himself, and then he leans forward and kisses Moonstone's hand. His lips twitch, and he quickly removes them, as if tasting something unsavory.

            His required tasks completed, at least for now, Mathias quickly stands to his feet. However, he continues to speak. "You truly are a remarkable mage, for one so newly Awakened. In my pride, I underestimated you." He laughs bitterly at the irony. "But I must impress upon you again that you have been blessed by Creation with incredible power, but also an equally incredible responsibility." He closes his eyes and intones softly in High Speech, creating a pulse of energy visible to your Sight or diffusely sensed on your Periphery. "This I prophesize: Alux will return, and it will murder. Your actions have set ripples in motion that I believe cannot be prevented now. So, while I thank you for your efforts to defeat the Gulmoth," he says bitterly, "you must forgive me for lacking satisfaction with the outcome."

            Mathias turns and walks slowly away. He pauses at the treshold, then half-turns his head over his shoulder to say, "The Consilium meets in downtown Chicago on Saturday at noon, sharp. I will complete our terms then." With that, he walks away, footsteps muted on the carepeted hallway leading away from this room


            My Games
            Mage 2E: The Supernal Suburbia (IC / OOC) - Storyteller

            Comment


            • ^BUT BEFORE THAT HAPPENS...^

              Moonstone
              Active Sight: Mind/Space | Spells: None
              Conditions: Divergent (Passive), Guilty, Determined, Triumphant
              Health: LL
              OOOO | Willpower: 8/8 | Mana: 2/10 | Beats: 2/5 | Arcane Beats: 4/5




              Moonstone is flying. It's not the fractured heat of delirium, or a manic episode, it's just pure blissful joy. He watches Mathias' defenses fail, and the elder mage falls to his knees. His own mouth hangs open, his eyes are wide. "I...won?"

              He feels his face. "I...won."

              A huge smile spreads across his face, impossible to hide. He jumps up and pumps his fist and just starts laughing- certainly the only one to do so- and hugs himself tight and twirls on his heels and makes a spectacle of himself, literally crying with joy. "I won, I won, I WON! Babe, I did it! I won! I told you I could!"

              The sound of uncontrollable cackling (plus hiccups and snorts and sobs) fills the sparse utility room, boots scuffing on the floor as he jumps up and down, presumably met with stunned silence from everyone else. He holds up a finger and turns to the audience, smiling ear to ear, shifting his weight between his feet: "And before anyone calls that luck- let me remind you, the great Mathias is an Adept of Fate. Isn't that right?"

              He snaps his fingers. "Wait! Wait! Before you answer-"

              He hustles over to the bench, skips some of the way, digs through his messenger bag and pulls out his phone. "Hang on, everybody hang on, let me find it."

              Moonstone, feared sorcerer and Warlock sworn to Pandemonium, navigates through his iPhone menu with trembling fingers until the tinny voice of Nicki Minaj plays through the low-quality speakers, echoing in the otherworldly Sanctum of the Shields of Dawn. "Get on your knees get on your knees get on your knees, baby just get on your knees..."

              Moonstone kicks off his boots and struts back, high femme, preening and holding his iPhone (the music is shaky and bouncy) as he approaches the dumbstruck Mathias. "Hold that pose, it's perfect."

              He snaps a quick photo of Mathias and smiles. He's glowing with pride and joy and maybe a little spite. Magnanimous in victory he is not. Nicki Minaj continues to taunt against a backing track: "Yeah, it's gooder than Meagan, you look good when you're beggin' / I be laughing when you begging me to just put the head in..."

              One last thing. He marches toward Phoenix on the sidelines, stepping in time with the rhythm, and speaks in a sickly sweet voice: "Hey buddy?" He reaches out his hand as if he's about to slap him-

              ...But instead, he softly caresses Phoenix's cheek and tickles a little under his chin. "Don't ever do that again," he coos, and skips back toward his defeated opponent. Moonstone gestures toward the spectators, covering his laughter with one hand. "Oh- don't get up. Tell the people what he's won, Mathias."

              Savoring this so hard. May I count this whole spectacle for my "Perform for a crowd" Aspiration?

              edit: apparently yes! +1 Beat, and I'll replace it with "Gain a Familiar."

              The rest of this is after the previous post:


              ---

              By this point, Mathias' eyes are starting to pick up more of the intensity they held before his loss, but his tone remains decidedly neutral. Mathias takes one more ragged breath, as if preparing himself, and then he leans forward and kisses Moonstone's hand. His lips twitch, and he quickly removes them, as if tasting something unsavory.
              It's actually more uncomfortable than he expected- it's not very much fun to demean someone in such a personal way. But then, it's not very fun to get slapped and shoved against a wall, either. Once Mathias finishes kissing his outstretched hand, Moonstone is blushing, but he bows his head and reverently says: "You are, uh, most welcome. In my mercy, I forgive you. You may rise."

              Just to be completely clear, "Get On Your Knees" by Nicki Minaj and Aria Grande continues to play loudly from Moonstone's shitty iPhone speakers during this entire exchange, including and especially "This I prophesize: Alux will return, and it will murder."

              Moonstone mutters "killjoy," but the prophecy does make him rather sick to his stomach. He offers a retort: "I'm better than my mistakes- and if you work as hard as I do, you might be, too. I already did the impossible by humbling an Adept. Stopping Alux before it hurts anyone else is a much more worthy use of my talent, and I bet saving those lives is gonna feel even better than defeating you! I'll take your prophecy as a challenge!"

              He turns to the other Nameless- gonna have to get on their good side sometime- and raises his fist. "No more deaths. No more Alux. Everyone lives! Who's with me?"
              Last edited by Caladriu; 10-13-2016, 12:54 AM.


              2E Legacy Updates
              Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
              Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
              Storm Keepers

              Comment


              • Phoenix
                Peripheral Sight | Armor: None | Active Spell(s): None
                Health: LOOOOOO | WP: 0/5 | Mana: 3/10 | Wisdom: 7 (Understanding)
                Conditions: Grieving [Guilty], Irritable | Tilts: None


                Damn, looks like Moonstone won. I crack a little smile as he jumps for joy like a little spaz. Oh sure, you beat Mathias, but you're gonna crash sooner or later. Then the motherfucker starts gloating hard, getting a friggin' Nicki Minaj song to mock him. I mean, you already made the man agree to get on his knees and praise for a bunch of bullshit, but then you have to go and rub it in his face, too? What a fucking bitch.

                As if all that wasn't enough for him, he decides to stroll up to me and-

                "Hey buddy?"

                In your dreams, asshat. But it's time to wake up. I grab the pissant by the cuff, forcing him to his toes.

                Not initiating a grapple or anything, More of a role-playing thing than anything else. Moonstone can contest it if he wants, so here's the roll for it.

                Strength 3 + Brawl 4 = 7 dice → 3 successes


                I hunch down and look him right in the eye, letting my anger flow through my eyes. "You may have beaten Mathias, but that doesn't change the fact that you summoned the Gulmoth, and the Gulmoth almost killed me, so you almost ended up killing me," I deeply growl, "Just because you delivered the final blow to that thing, doesn't mean you saved us. You just helped, along with all of us. And frankly, I did the heavy lifting for you."

                "You think on that," I demand as I thrust him out of my grasp. "Also, I'm taking the staff. If you're willing to control Ragnar's mind, then you're willing to control mine, so I ain't letting you have anything that could help you with that," I state as I head over and retrieve the staff, "And if you want it, then you can fight me. With your fists, man to man."

                Comment


                • RAGNAR
                  Mage Sight: Peripheral
                  Active Spells: None
                  Conditions/Tilts: None
                  Health: OOOOOOOO I WP: 0/4 I Mana: 5/10 I Wisdom: 7
                  Beats: 2/5 I Arcane Beats: 3/5


                  Ragnar rolls his eyes at Moonstone's gloating. He's consoled by his vision that Moonstone's antics haven't ruined his chance of being mentored by Mathias. Then they threaten to roll out of his head at Moonstone's and Phoenix's spat. He walks over to them and claps a hand on each man's shoulder, trying to be jovial. ​"Yeesh, guys. There are better ways to resolve this. Phoenix, let Moonstone have the staff for the time being. Then, the next time there's a Highstorm, we can go hunting for artifacts. If we find something attuned to Stygia, Moonstone gets it, and then he'll hand the staff over to you, Phoenix. And if we find something attuned to the Aether, you'll keep the staff, Moonstone. Deal?"


                  Haberdasher's Requiem Conversions and Homebrew

                  Comment


                  • BINDER
                    Willpower: 0/7 Mana: 0/10 Health: LLOOOOO
                    [Scoured: -1 Str] [Shaken]
                    Mage Sight: Peripheral
                    Beats: 2 Arcane Beats: 0


                    Huh, I would've thought a wizards' duel would be more heavily weighted toward the more experience wizard... Is it that Moonstone is just that good? Or was it just a fluke? I feel like I could've accomplished similar things with my magic.

                    --

                    "Yeesh, guys. There are better ways to resolve this..."

                    Binder will cast a quick spell just to verify the staff's ownership, more out of curiosity than anything.

                    Casting Correspondences (Space 2)
                    Reach: 1 Free; Spending for instant speed and sensory range
                    Paradox (containing): 1 vs Wisdom 7 = 1 vs 7 -> 1 vs 0... amazing

                    Spellcasting: Gnosis 1 + Space 2 = 3 -> 2 successes

                    Potency is 2, so that should show me the staff's two strongest Sympathetic links.

                    Comment


                    • Moonstone
                      Active Sight: Mind/Space | Spells: None
                      Conditions: Divergent (Passive), Guilty, Determined, Triumphant
                      Health: LL
                      OOOO | Willpower: 8/8 | Mana: 2/10 | Beats: 3/5 | Arcane Beats: 4/5

                      Strength 3 + Brawl 0, 0 successes.

                      Resolving Determined to win the contested roll and evade the grapple. Please stop doing attack rolls "for roleplaying reasons," okay?


                      Moonstone gracefully spins out of Phoenix's grip and moves outside his range, still flush with victory. "God, I love styling on masculine dudes. This is like the third time today you've tried to hit me, Phoenix- if you want a kiss, you can just ask! I hope you get that temper under control, for your girl or boyfriend's sake."

                      He giggles and flexes for show as Phoenix picks up the staff. "Oh, man to man. That's where the real power is, right? Fists, not the Awakened will. The Duel Arcane is a symbolic battle fought by people who make symbols real. My victory is more pure than a locker room brawl could ever be."

                      But Ragnar's diplomatic efforts pay off. He bows with a flourish and opens his palms. "I'll give it to you as a gift, freely and with a glad heart. You'll make better use of an Aetherial artifact than I would, anyway. No need to thank me! You can think of it as a gracious surrender. I hereby consider our hatchet buried."


                      2E Legacy Updates
                      Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
                      Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
                      Storm Keepers

                      Comment


                      • Phoenix
                        Peripheral Sight | Armor: None | Active Spell(s): None
                        Health: LOOOOOO | WP: 0/5 | Mana: 3/10 | Wisdom: 7 (Understanding)
                        Conditions: Grieving [Guilty], Irritable | Tilts: None

                        "God, I love styling on masculine dudes. This is like the third time today you've tried to hit me, Phoenix- if you want a kiss, you can just ask! I hope you get that temper under control, for your girl or boyfriend's sake."

                        "Ha! Don't flatter yourself," I retort.

                        "Oh, man to man. That's where the real power is, right? Fists, not the Awakened will. The Duel Arcane is a symbolic battle fought by people who make symbols real. My victory is more pure than a locker room brawl could ever be."

                        I simply scoff. More pure, eh? Just shows you don't understand physical fighting one bit. Why am I not surprised? What does surprise me is Ragnar's efforts to negotiate. Dude, you're talking about someone who just a few minutes ago reached into your mind and commanded it! He hijacked you, would you be willing to let him have anything that could help him do that again in any way? I'm about to open my mouth when-

                        "I'll give it to you as a gift, freely and with a glad heart. You'll make better use of an Aetherial artifact than I would, anyway. No need to thank me! You can think of it as a gracious surrender. I hereby consider our hatchet buried."

                        Oh how I'd like to abuse this staff...

                        Instead I just grip it tighter, anger twisting my hands around it. I don't even say anything, I just leave the room. I return to the room where the main discussion took place and sit down. I take a look at the staff, testing it's balance, admiring its craftsmanship (if it had and, that is. I think they said Artifacts came from the Supernal itself, so I get it wasn't crafted by human hands. Doesn't matter, I still like it).

                        Comment


                        • RAGNAR
                          Mage Sight: Peripheral
                          Active Spells: None
                          Conditions/Tilts: None
                          Health: OOOOOOOO I WP: 0/4 I Mana: 5/10 I Wisdom: 7
                          Beats: 2/5 I Arcane Beats: 3/5

                          Ragnar waits until Moonstone walks away or shifts his attention, and then turns to Phoenix and whispers. "I know Moonstone's an... interesting character. But honestly, don't mess with him. He obviously doesn't take well to being manhandled. And if he can take on somebody as skilled in magic as Mathias and win..." He looks Phoenix in the eye. "It might just be posturing, but something tells me he could eff any one of us up badly ​without laying a finger on us. Call it a hunch or Fate, but something tells me that he's got a Destiny with a 'D.' And those kinds of things are rarely preordained to end just for good or ill. But if you, Binder, Lynx and I work together, I think we can swing it in favor of his Destiny turning out well."

                          With that, he walks over to Valentine. "Mathias mentioned the Consilium meets downtown at noon on Saturday? Can you tell me where, exactly?"


                          Haberdasher's Requiem Conversions and Homebrew

                          Comment


                          • Moonstone

                            It's pretty clear that he's just about worn out his welcome with the Shields of Dawn for the moment, so after the MP3 ends and he and Phoenix conclude their business, Moonstone goes to the bench on the far side of the room to put his clothes back on (whispering "i did it!" one more time into the Cloak) and secure his magical belongings. This doesn't seem like the best time to break bread with the other Nameless, although the urge is there now that the storm clouds have passed.

                            Unless something big happens, he's going to keep his joy to himself and keep a low profile until they can leave. His Paradox-induced wounds are aching again after the Duel. He sends a few texts to Arrow mages he knows, looking for a crash space. He doesn't really want to sink his mood by heading right back to the empty apartment after this.

                            I dunno what the plan is for the immediate future, but if it's doable, I'm going to use my Allies (Adamantine Arrow) 3 favor for this Chapter to request access to a communal Order Sanctum (either in Chicago or La Grange) for a couple days until the Consilium meeting. Gotta recover from that resistant Lethal damage somewhere comfortable, and maybe link up with the Knights of Alhambra offscreen.


                            2E Legacy Updates
                            Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
                            Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
                            Storm Keepers

                            Comment


                            • Binder
                              You reach out your consciousness and study the staff, focusing on its connections to important people around it. Just as Valentine suggested, the staff has a Medium connection to Phoenix, which you can sense as a thick thread stretching from the object straight to him here in this room. And although it is very faint, there is also a Weak connection to Moonstone, which formed from the young femme's interactions with the weapon after leaving the Highstorm.

                              As you cast your spell, you notice a small bubble of Paradox rising inside of you. It's a good reminder that even the simplest of spells can threaten to infect you or the area when pushing beyond the safe limits of your abilities.

                              Gain the Abyssal Backlash condition, granting +1 to your next Paradox roll this scene, if relevant.


                              Moonstone
                              Boomer watches your exchange with Phoenix with crossed arms. She walks up, boots clicking on the tile, and stands with her hands at her hips to face you.

                              "You're being a dick," she says bluntly. "Savor your victory. You're a skilled mage to beat Mathias, and I think you knew exactly which buttons you were pushing to goad him into that Duel. He should've seen that for what it was. But keep it to yourself. Gloating and antagonizing is a piss-poor move, and it's definitely not the Arrow way."

                              Boomer pauses and groans to herself, face palming. "And I swear to God, if you play one more fucking Nicki Minaj song in front of me, I will fry your phone faster than you can say 'Bang Bang.'" She turns away, but you can hear her mutter, "Seriously, no one has any good taste in music anymore..." Valentine laughs out loud, grinning at Boomer, who casually flips him off as she heads after Phoenix.

                              After the room settles, you send your texts to your Arrow contacts, asking for your favor to crash at a sanctum.

                              Sure, that makes a lot of sense to me. I'll respond to it more when this scene ends.


                              Phoenix
                              The staff gives off a warmth that you find comforting as you inspect it. The weapon is excellently crafted, perfectly balanced, and supple with a slight bend when you push on it.

                              You hear boots clicking on the hardwood floor again as Boomer walks into the room. She nods at the artifact in your hand. "It has the makings of a solid weapon, and a useful Tool," she comments. "Mind if I join you?"

                              Boomer hops onto a couch adjacent to yours. After a moment, she says, "Look, Phoenix, I've watched you since you came in here. I think you and I have a lot in common. You've got passion, and strength, and I respect that. You aren't afraid to say what you feel is right. And yeah, you could maybe still use some work on restraint when being provoked, but you were standing up for others being challenged or trying to stop people from causing harm." She smiles warmly. "I think it's wiser not to throw a punch at someone who may join your cabal, but I think it shows restraint for you to come out here instead of giving in to his jabs." She doesn't need to explain whom she's talking about.

                              "If you're interested, I think you might be a good fit for the Adamantine Arrow. I don't know what your personal goals or interests are, but I think you'd find yourself in good company. Just wanted you to know."


                              Ragnar
                              Valentine nods at your request. "Yes, Mathias was going to talk more about it, but he seems...preoccupied at the moment." His eyes shift towards Moonstone.

                              "The meeting is being held in Saint John Cantius Church, near I-90 a little west of Navy Pier. Right by a metra station. When you get there, tell the guard that you're there to 'open your eyes to the truth', and they'll let you in. Try to get there a little early so you don't miss anything and we can touch base about the meeting." Valentine addresses the rest of you in the room with a firm, serious expression. "There's something you need to know about these meetings. It is absolutely imperative that under no circumstances are you to use any magic during this meeting or on the church premises without express permission from the Council. Guardians will be closely watching for it. As a first time offender, you will be severely reprimanded. There won't be a second time. This is a critical safety precaution we have been required to follow for a long time, for reasons that I really think it's best to save for another day."

                              Valentine pulls out a piece of paper and pen, and writes down several phone numbers. "This is contact information for the three of us. Call or text if you need something important." You realize that he doesn't ask for contact information in return. As if reading your mind, he smiles and says, "If we need to contact you, we'll find you."

                              Finally, Valentine says, "I'm sorry for not saying it earlier, but we were distracted. There is another mage who has recently Awakened whom we think would be an excellent addition to your cabal. He is a Moros mage, a physician who goes by the name Ouroboros Ophis. Having someone with his Path and talents in your cabal will give you a well-rounded group and help you explore more complex Mysteries. The choice is of course yours as a group, but he will be at the meeting beforehand and can talk to you then. You might also be able to reach him before Saturday."

                              Valentine looks around. "Please pass the message to the others. We're done here, then, unless anyone has any questions."

                              Everyone: I think I forgot to say it, but if you haven't already, you all gain an Arcane Beat for witnessing (or participating in) the Duel Arcane and learning about its role in mage society.
                              Last edited by rwknoll; 10-14-2016, 04:29 AM.


                              My Games
                              Mage 2E: The Supernal Suburbia (IC / OOC) - Storyteller

                              Comment


                              • LYNX
                                Active Sight:
                                Active Spells: None
                                Willpower: 0/5. Mana: 6/10
                                Conditions/Tilts: Inspired
                                Beats: 1 - Arcane Beats: 1

                                All of this is Awakened Society, huh...

                                Lynx rubs his beard passively, as Phoenix and Boomer voice their opinions to Moonstone and Mathias pays the price for his loss. He listens to Valentine's warnings, perks up momentarily at the mention of another Awakened, and falters when it's not a Thyrsus.

                                Stupid envy.

                                "Please pass the message to the others. We're done here, then, unless anyone has any questions."

                                "I have three," Lynx says as he steps forward a. "I don't like that... that mind reading omniscience thing you're doing. It's intrusive. And rude. Could you not do that?"

                                "You said we're not allowed to use any magic... does that include our Awakened Senses? Or... Sight, I guess. And..."

                                Lynx rubs his beard, gazing into Valentine's eyes. His expression is solemn, worried, almost apologetic.

                                "Do you regret having us over?"

                                During all three questions, Lynx observes the Shields' reactions to each of his question with an Empathy Roll, gaining 3 successes.

                                Roll for Empathy → 3 successes.

                                He resolves his Inspired Condition so it becomes an Exceptional Success, and he gains 1 arcane beat for resolving the condition, and 1 Willpower as part of Inspired's Resolution. Is this correct?


                                Character Sheet: Oscar "Lynx" Dalgren

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X