Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[IC] [Mage: the Awakening 2E] The Supernal Suburbia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Chapter 2: "All in Order"
    Saturday, September 10, 2016. Mid-morning. One week after the Deathstorm.


    Moonstone
    You wake after a night with troubled dreams. You're dwelling on all of the things you've learned and faced in the past few days: Ace's distancing from you, Mathias' prophetic dreams of an apocalyptic storm wreaking havoc on Chicago, vague visions of The Destroyer. But today is another day. Today will be your first time attending a Consilium meeting as an equal of the mages you once served.

    Your phone has a text on it this morning saying that you'll need to leave the Arrow safe house today. You make sure to pack up everything you brought here.


    Binder
    Sleeping in on the weekend with a young child is never easy, but you're used to the routine by now. You make breakfast for Daisy and Forest and enjoy time together with them. Although she usually assumes childcare and grocery shopping duties on Saturday while you tend to the bookstore, you explain to her that you have the store closed today because of a "networking conference" you need to attend. "That sounds interesting," she comments. "I hope it ends up being helpful and useful. I'm sure the extra business couldn't hurt, either."


    Lynx
    You wake up early feeling fully rested. Ewan is already up getting ready for his morning run, and he invites you along if you're interested. He says that he already has a paper he needs to work on for his class, so he's going to take off for the morning afterwards so he can get that started. "Don't want to let it get in the way of my workout later. Bros don't let bros skip leg day," he jokes. You're not sure if he's using the word "bro" ironically or not.


    Phoenix
    No messages or calls from TJ or Tanya this morning when you wake up. You're eager to see if they can help you track down the guy you saw, but you have a feeling he hasn't even started looking.


    Ragnar
    You wake up to an email this morning from Dr. Jacob Langley, the UChi English professor who has befriended you, asking you if you're available sometime today or tomorrow to help out with some research. He's hoping to get your help writing down some notes while he examines some antique objects he has stumbled across recently. He asks that you call or email him later when you have time, noting that he is willing to work around your schedule if needed.


    Ouroboros Ophis
    You receive a text from Mathias, the théarch whom you met recently and who urged you to attend this week's Consilium meeting to help introduce you to mage society. He asks you to arrive at the meeting around 11 am, where he would like to introduce you to a group of other newly Awakened mages. He thinks that you would be a good influence for them and would help balance out their personalities, so collectively you would have a well-rounded cabal.


    Everyone
    As a reminder, Valentine instructed you here on where and when to arrive for the Consilium meeting, suggesting that you meet early so you can meet some other mages. He emphasized that you should not cast any spells on the church premises; you're of course welcome to ignore his advice if you choose. Please indicate in your posts whether you would cast any spells or rituals the morning before the meeting, or if there is anything else you would do before you go.


    My Games
    Mage 2E: The Supernal Suburbia (IC / OOC) - Storyteller

    Comment


    • Moonstone
      Peripheral Sight | Spells: none
      Conditions: Divergent (Passive), Guilty, Triumphant, Informed (Rumors), [-1 Strength until evening]
      Health:
      OOOOOO | Willpower: 6/8 | Mana: 9/10 | Beats: 2/5 | Arcane Beats: 4/5

      Moonstone wakes up and immediately knows it's going to be a bad day.

      He makes some tea and oatmeal in the sanctum kitchen and gets to work packing his things in a duffel bag. There's a cloud hanging over his head.

      When all the dancing shoes and ritual sacraments are put away, he stares at the stuffed bag on his neatly-made bed. Really not ready to go back home yet. He gestures like a magician and commands the bag: "TELEPORT!"

      "AWAY WITH YOU!"

      "SHAZAM!"

      No luck. It's like trying to flex a muscle you don't have. He's going to have to carry the bag himself, like a Sleeper. Ugh. He leaves a nice thank-you note on the kitchen table, but there's no smiley face. That's how upset he is.

      ---

      Home still doesn't feel like home. He gets back to the apartment he shared with Hakim, sets down his bag, sits down for a second that becomes an hour curled up on the couch and crying. He thinks about skipping the Consilium meeting entirely, but eventually talks himself into at least taking a shower. That gets his forward momentum back. He puts on some more masculine formalwear, vest and tie and all, wraps the mirror in the cloak and tucks them both into his messenger bag. The stormcloud is still there.

      He takes the train (no storms or chance meetings this time) to the familiar Chicago station near St. John Cantius and arrives a little after 10. Listening to traffic and smelling greasy food takes his focus away from his thoughts. When he sees the familiar face of the guard outside the church, he nods and formally recites the passphrase: "I am here to open my eyes to the truth."

      Inside, he keeps an eye out for anyone he knows


      2E Legacy Updates
      Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
      Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
      Storm Keepers

      Comment


      • Ouroboros Ophis
        Mage Sight:
        Periphereal | Active Spells: None
        Health: OOOOOO | WP: 6/6 | Mana: 9/10 | Wisdom: 7 (Understanding)
        Conditions: None | Tilts: None | Beats: 4 | Arc. Beats: 1

        06:00 AM.

        Marvin wokes up to the sound of his clock alarm. He gets up from the couch (their bed felt too big and empty without Melissa) and makes some stretches to ready himself. After his muscles are as awake as his mind, he changes into his sportswear and goes out for some light jogging.

        07:00 AM.

        Back home he goes straight to the shower. Hot water followed by cold to help the circulation flow. He takes his time in front of the mirror, shaving his head and grooming his beard and moustache with the utmost care. Oils and creams to keep it lush and soft, covered a good portion of his side of the bathroom stall. He tried no to look to hers. He cries.

        07:30 AM.

        He treats himself with a great breakfast: coffee, toasts, scrambled eggs and bacon. He smiles drinking his coffee and reading the news. His eyes still a little red.

        07:45 AM.

        He practises his breathing and meditation exercises, followed by some Yoga. His pain recedes, his mind calms down.

        08:10 AM.

        Time to work. He locks himself in his study, reading for the nth time the notes of his predecesor. He checks the class scheudles, the themes, the proposed work and bibliography. Takes another look at each of the files of each of his students, memorizing the names and the faces, noting down his own personal impressions and suggestion on how to motivate or focus each of them so they get the most out of the classes. Who knows? One of this young people could very well be in a position to save his life in the future. Better prepare them the best that he can.

        He likes this, working alone in his study everything seems normal. He can almost pretend Melissa is in the next room. Almost.

        10:10 AM.

        He closes the books, orders his notes and leaves everything tidy and where it belongs. He gets out of his study and goes seeing his recent acquisition, a brand new terrarium reproducing the habitat of his pet, an Atheris Hispida, more commonly know as the spinny bush viper. He has not yet given it a name. He grabs a small mouse he took from the lab and feeds it to the snake. That reminds him that he should go shop for some groceries before attending the meeting. He consults his watch. Less than an hour left. Still, time enough.

        10:35 AM.

        Groceries taken care of, he preapares for the Consilium. White shirt and dark grey pants with a matching vest. No tie. No jacket either, instead of that he takes a long grey coat he is quite fond of. An aniversary present. He caresses the soft yet sturdy fabric with a smile. He polishes his shoes until they shine.
        With calm he prepares his doctors bag, checking his list to make sure everything is there and in perfect condition. He makes sure to have his white doctor's coat at hand too. Mathias said no magic at the Consilium and he plans on observing the rules, but it is always better to be safe than sorry.

        He arrives to the meeting place and inmediately starts looking for the few known faces he expects, Dante, Mathias or Valentine.
        Last edited by Thorbes; 11-02-2016, 05:50 AM.


        I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

        Comment


        • RAGNAR
          Mage Sight: Active (Fate, Time)
          Active Spells: None
          Conditions/Tilts: Inspired
          Health: OOOOOOOO I WP: 3/4 I Mana: 5/10 I Wisdom: 7
          Beats: 0/5 I Arcane Beats: 3/5
          Experiences: 1 I Arcane Experiences: 0

          Ragnar debates with himself over whether to help Dr. Langley today or tomorrow. He decides to go tomorrow to campus, since he doesn't know how long the meeting is going to take, and he wants some time to get to know the théarchs besides Mathias, and possibly getting a lesson from Mathias.

          Dr. Langley, I'll be happy to help you out for a few hours tomorrow. Would 10 to 3 be okay with you? - Simon

          Ragnar eats breakfast, showers and dresses in a blue button-down shirt and gray slacks. Best foot forward and all that. He heads out around 10 to get there at 11.
          Ragnar stops at the entrance of St. John Cantius. He hasn't stepped inside of a church in months. Granted, it's been months since he Awakened, too. Will that make a difference? Can there possibly be some Truth that he was once blind to? Does some divinity or higher reality reside here, which he could not recognize as a Sleeper. When he notices the guard standing in front of the door, he recites the words that Valentine told him, with far more gravity and sincerity than he originally intended: "I am here to open my eyes to the truth."

          Inside, the Baroque architecture literally takes his breath away. He stares, turning slowly on the spot. He opens his Sight to Fate and Time. Surely there is some trace of the Supernal here, right? How can such beauty not have a touch of magic about it, even if it was built by Sleeper hands?

          Ragnar uses Active Mage Sight with the Fate and Time Arcana, just long enough to identify any Mysteries in the church and do Revelation and Scrutiny on them.



          Haberdasher's Requiem Conversions and Homebrew

          Comment


          • Moonstone

            No immediate sign of anyone he knows well enough to talk to. He's hanging out in the narthex, like you do, when he sees Ragnar coming through the heavy wooden doors. His blood runs cold for a second- greet, or hide?

            It's a moot point, as the young man appears to be having a religious experience. Moonstone is deflated. When you've seen one ornately decorated Catholic church in a large American urban center, you've pretty much seen them all, and the space doesn't have any particular significance to him beyond its role in the Consilium. He once heard Sleeper religious symbols described as merely "the wreckage of paradise," and that's pretty much been his view since. Catchy phrase, too.

            So instead of interrupting Ragnar, he picks somebody else out of the crowd to soothe his nerves. There's an older man in a grey coat, bald with striking facial hair, who looks unfamiliar and curious. He gravitates toward the Moros called Ouroboros Ophis.

            "I haven't seen you at services here before. Are you newly joining us?"

            Just making sure the gentleman is on the level. "I've been coming for a while now, but I only recently converted. For my partner's sake. You know how it is."


            2E Legacy Updates
            Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
            Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
            Storm Keepers

            Comment


            • LYNX
              Active Sight:
              Active Spells: None
              Willpower: 1/5 (4/5 at the end of Downtime). Mana: 6/10
              Conditions/Tilts: Steadfast
              Beats: 3 - Arcane Beats: 4


              "Thanks for the offer, but I've got a bus to catch in just a bit. Run fast!"

              "Heh, sure. Later."

              Lynx watches Ewan take off as he instinctively reaches for his silver pendant, his eyes on the clock. "No magic on the premises..." he reminds himself. "I'll catch breakfast in the city. Ought to be some sort of take-out nearby..."

              ...

              Lynx doesn't stop fiddling with his pendant, not on the bus, or at the shops, not even when consuming his breakfast - an early morning kebab (because it looked tasty) - though he makes sure to stop by a washroom to clean himself up before heading to the church. He looks around for familiar faces, but finds only the guard before the door.

              "Morning! I'm here to open my eyes to the truth. Or does it have to be 'I am here to open my eyes to the truth'? Are contractions dangerous in our... world? Society?" Lynx rubs his beard as he ponders the irrelevant. "Oh, sorry," he adds when he sees the guard's (likely incredulous) stare, "Nerves."
              Last edited by Kvitebjørn Kong Valemon; 11-01-2016, 09:56 PM.


              Character Sheet: Oscar "Lynx" Dalgren

              Comment


              • Changing some minor details about the scene from some of your posts, as I didn't make clear where the guards would be located. See below for details.


                Moonstone
                You've been to this church before for Consilium events, but you know from the ones you've attended and what Hakim has told you that many Consilium meetings are spread across various public locations around the city on a rotating schedule. Still, even with the rotating schedule, during your years of service you've been here enough to know the general procedure. Sleeper events are held here on their usual schedule, including mass, various special musical events, and prayer and devotional services. The Consilium events are held in private rooms away from the main sanctuary, down in the basement; inconspicuous guards, almost always théarchs, typically stand outside of a hallway near signs that read "Private Event."

                When you arrive shortly after 10 am, there are no services currently in progress, but people are lingering from a mass that ended about half an hour ago. Several people are speaking with priests or deacons, reading scripture, or kneeling in silent prayer. You don't immediately recognize anyone or see any signs with guards nearby.



                For a while, you wait in the narthex, mingling with the people coming and going for their individual religious practices. As it gets closer to 11 am, you start to see a few familiar faces: a few Sleepwalkers in service of cabals and other Orders you don't know that well, and a handful of mages you recognize but don't know by name. Ragnar arrives and seems engrossed in his study of the sanctuary, so you let him be for a while.

                It's then that you realize the guards have taken their position outside of a hallway from the narthex. You make your way over, smoothly say the passphrase, and they nod and wave you in with hardly a pause; they're trying not to draw too much attention, and they clearly recognize you. You walk along a tiled hallway into a large reception hall. There is a raised platform with simple chairs arranged in a semi-circle, where you know the Hierarch and Councilors (or their Provosts, depending on who attends) will be seated. Various mages and their associates are here, speaking with each other about private affairs. A few look towards you, but no one approaches you yet.

                That's when you see the surviving members of the Shield of Dawn speaking with a middle-aged Caucasian man with graying hair. You overhear Mathias refer to him as Ouroboros Ophis, and make your way over to greet him.


                Ouroboros Ophis
                Your home has a somber atmosphere this morning, as usual since Melissa's absence. Your morning routine helps you to calm your mind and mentally prepare you for the Consilium meeting. Although you don't fully know what to expect, you want to present yourself as calm, collected, and knowledgeable.

                You arrive at the church with a very polished and pristine outfit, dressed to impress. You don't immediately recognize anyone, however. You see various people and religious officials wandering the sanctuary, but no services are in progress. About 15 minutes after you arrive, Mathias and his cabalmates walk through the front door, and he greets you with a smile. "Good morning, Doctor," he says as he shakes your hand. "I'm glad you could make it today." He formally introduces you to Boomer and Valentine, his cabalmates, whom he has told you about but you haven't met. He escorts you to a hallway from the narthex where two people stand by a sign that reads "Private Event." Mathias speaks the passphrase, and they nod and let you pass. You find yourself in a large reception hall, where sturdy chairs are neatly arranged in long rows facing a raised platform with more chairs in a semi-circle.

                As Mathias chats with you and begins referring to you by your Shadow Name, another mage approaches you and introduces himself as Moonstone. You recognize the name as one of the mages Mathias said may be interested in forming a cabal with you.


                Ragnar
                You receive an email reply from Dr. Langley shortly before leaving your apartment, saying that the time frame you suggested would be excellent. He offers to buy you lunch in exchange for your assistance.

                When you open yourself to the Supernal world as seen through the lens of Arcadia, you see that this building has a...weight to it. This building stands at the crossroads of fate, but in ways you don't immediately understand. You see large, thick cords of Fate wrapped around the building, filling the sanctuary; this surprises you, considering that you were told no one should be using magic here. But even though you don't yet understand the magic surrounding this place, you can guess based on its sheer size and scale that a strong mage, or perhaps a group of them, were involved in its casting.

                You may attempt Revelation and/or Scrutiny with Opacity 4.


                After studying the room, you realize there aren't any guards here in the sanctuary as you thought there would be. You wander back through the narthex, and that's when you see the sign reading "Private Event." You intone your passphrase, and thankfully they wave for you to pass through. You find Mathias and the rest of the Shields of Dawn standing a circle, next to Moonstone and, to your shock, Dr. Bates, the professor who has filled in for Dr. McCallister for your FYS class.


                Lynx
                You are impressed at the size and scale of this building. As you approach, you feel the hairs on the back of your neck rise, a sign of something unseen on your Periphery. Glancing around with your Sight reveals quite a few spirits in Twilight circling the building, and within the building itself. They seem to be basking in the presence of this place. You notice some spirits that look like the one you saw at your apartment, tranquility spirits, as well as others you don't recognize.

                You speak the password to the guards you assume are here for the Consilium event. One's eyes widen a bit in surprise at your bumbling discussion, and the other rolls his eyes. "Go on through," he says curtly, shaking his head with a sigh. As you walk by them, you hear him whisper to the other guard, "Newbies, am I right?" The other guard chuckles.

                You find the meeting room with little trouble after walking through the hallway. The Shields of Dawn are there conferring with Moonstone, Ragnar, and -- is that Dr. Bates? Your new FYS instructor?


                My Games
                Mage 2E: The Supernal Suburbia (IC / OOC) - Storyteller

                Comment


                • BINDER
                  Willpower: 4/7 Mana: 9/10 Health: LOOOOOO
                  [Shaken]
                  Mage Sight: Peripheral
                  Beats: 4 Arcane Beats: 2

                  Marlin, unsure about the event's formality level, works through his closet. Eventually he decides to don a suit jacket, but leave off the tie. It's when he spends more than 15 seconds combing his hair that Daisy finally laughs at him.

                  "I don't think I've seen you this nervous since you opened the bookstore! Is there someone you're hoping to impress?" She quirks a smile at him.

                  "Ah, well," he looks a bit abashed.

                  She steps close to him and brushes off his lapels. "Dear, relax. Just focus on being yourself."

                  "You're right, of course. I'm just a little worried about feeling out of place. I'm barely more than a hobbyist and I'll be rubbing shoulders with actual professionals."

                  "It'll be fine, hon. If you feel out of place, just try to find the other people who enjoy what they do. There's gotta be one or two at least, right?"

                  They share a kiss, then Marlin heads out. He waves goodbye to Forest from the car as he backs out.

                  On the way to the church, he focuses on donning his persona. At this point, it's still mostly internal. A switch in the name he calls himself. But he knows it's more than just a name. In the heat of battle, he drew on the persona's strength.

                  When he arrives at the church, Binder banishes any awkwardness felt about entering such a place of worship. He strides to the guards and announces confidently: "I am here to open my eyes to the truth."

                  Comment


                  • LYNX
                    Active Sight:
                    Active Spells: None
                    Willpower: 5/5. Mana: 6/10
                    Conditions/Tilts: Steadfast
                    Beats: 3 - Arcane Beats: 4

                    Lynx does feel dumb as he passes by the guards, but his eyes widen at the majesty of the church's interiors.

                    This place does feel powerful. Suits magic, but it's too... righteous. Artificial.

                    His gaze lowers as he looks at the church's inhabitants, and he spots...

                    Ragnar and Dr. Bates? ... Moonstone and the Shields too? Hope there won't be a clash again.

                    He approaches the group, and puts his hand on Ragnar's shoulder. He addresses them all happily - his voice a little too joyful, in fact.

                    "Morning, Ragnar! Boomer!" He looks at the lady with a grin. "Wicked still, that's good. Mathias and Valentine, how're you doing?"

                    He turns to Moonstone and studies him momentarily, opening his Life Senses to assess his physical health. "Moonstone! How've you been? Looks like you're in good form today. Are you healing properly? And ... Dr. Bates..."

                    Lynx sniffs a bit and closes his eyes. "I'm assuming you're not here by accident?" His eyes open as his Senses close, and he looks around. He keeps his eyes off the group. "Has anyone seen Phoenix or Binder?"


                    Character Sheet: Oscar "Lynx" Dalgren

                    Comment


                    • RAGNAR
                      Mage Sight: Peripheral
                      Active Spells: None
                      Conditions/Tilts: Inspired
                      Health: OOOOOOOO I WP: 3/4 I Mana: 5/10 I Wisdom: 7
                      Beats: 0/5 I Arcane Beats: 3/5
                      Experiences: 1 I Arcane Experiences: 0

                      Ragnar dismisses his Sight. Maybe after the meeting. The moments he took observing the church were sufficient for now, but he'll let it lie for the time being. Perhaps he can examine it with Phoenix when he arrives: surely a place rooted in faith as much as this place carries some resonance with the Aether? ​Fate is strong here, but why?

                      In the social hall, he walks up to the Shields, Moonstone, and... Dr. Bates. "Mathias. Boomer. Valentine." He gives Mathias a slight bow, and nods politely to the others. "Moonstone. Good to see you again." He puts out his hand. "Glad to meet again under better circumstances. I hope your week has been better since Tuesday."

                      He waits for Moonstone's reaction.


                      "I haven't seen you at services here before. Are you newly joining us?"

                      He turns his attention to Dr. Bates. "Yes, I'm a little surprised to see you here. Parishioner, or are you a catechumen?" ​The lingo slides off the tongue, and he tries to put just enough innuendo that the true question shines through, disguised by church-talk for the benefit of any Sleepers who might still be milling around: Awakened or Sleepwalker?

                      "Morning, Ragnar! Boomer!"

                      He spins around at the sound of Lynx's voice. His face lights up and he embraces his friend in a hearty bearhug. "Lynx! Good to see you here!"

                      He looks around at the gathering. "Binder and Phoenix here yet?"


                      Haberdasher's Requiem Conversions and Homebrew

                      Comment


                      • Moonstone

                        "Glad to meet again under better circumstances. I hope your week has been better since Tuesday."

                        Moonstone shakes his hand with a smile, but he's still cloudy. "Likewise. It's been...well, we can talk about it later. How are your classes? You two are students, aren't you?"

                        He shrinks back a bit when Ragnar and Lynx embrace, smiles knowingly at Ophis in a "kids these days" way.

                        "Moonstone! How've you been? Looks like you're in good form today. Are you healing properly?"

                        "Physically? Um- well enough. I spent the week somewhere quiet." His serious wounds have healed, but under Life Sight, his body looks somewhat withered and weakened all over, like a frayed cloth. His muscles haven't repaired themselves yet after a few days of flagellating his own Pattern for power. The best he can do for a pleasant greeting is: "I hope you've eaten."

                        He points to the door as Binder comes in, and beckons him over.

                        "That's one of them. Maybe Phoenix tripped and fell down a very deep hole," he speculates.


                        2E Legacy Updates
                        Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
                        Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
                        Storm Keepers

                        Comment


                        • Ouroboros Ophis
                          Mage Sight:
                          Periphereal | Active Spells: None
                          Health: OOOOOO | WP: 6/6 | Mana: 9/10 | Wisdom: 7 (Understanding)
                          Conditions: None | Tilts: None | Beats: 4 | Arc. Beats: 1

                          Ouroboros Ophis is as surprised as his students when he sees them there in those circumstances. He makes quick mental additions to his notes on these two: Ragnar. Linx.

                          "Is that religious lingo really necessary? I thought we were meeting here because it was a safe place to treat these themes"- he casually asks to the Shields of Dawn after introductions are made.-"I am Ouroboros Ophis, Moros, and Nameless for the time being"-he offers his hand to each of them, giving a firm shake-"Who is this Phoenix that you are talking about? Perhaps another student of mine?"-smiles softly.-"I have been told that perhaps we all should associate, form what they call a Cabal for our mutual protection and support"-lets the idea sink in.-"I must admit I will find a little akward my double-sided relationship with you two, but I am sure we all are adult enough to figure something out, are we not?"-he adds to Ragnar and Linx.
                          Last edited by Thorbes; 11-03-2016, 05:43 PM.


                          I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

                          Comment


                          • Binder
                            The guards standing beside the "Private Event" sign nod and wave you forward. You follow along a tiled hallway and take a small flight of stairs down to a large reception hall. Other people are starting to file in behind you, moving to claim open seats or conferring with associates around the room. You quickly spot several of the other Nameless mages whom you recently met, talking with Mathias, Boomer, Valentine, and a middle-aged man with graying hair you haven't been introduced to. Moonstone waves you over in time to hear this man introduce himself as Ouroboros Ophis, the Moros mage Mathias mentioned.


                            Everyone
                            Boomer grins in response to Ragnar's code words and Ophis' comments. "Hah! Yeah, everyone here is either a Sleepwalker or mage. No need for secrecy, at least about that."

                            The Shields of Dawn make small talk until Phoenix arrives. Once all of you are present, Mathias offers some brief advice about the meeting. "The Chicago Consilium is a formal council, led by the Hierarch and five Councilors, one each as a representative for their respective Supernal Path. As this is your first meeting, you will be expected to introduce yourself. Because you are still learning about the rules and expectations of mage society, it is expected that you will pair with an experienced mage who will vouch for you. Until you officially join a cabal or Order, that mage assumes responsibility for educating you on the basic laws and principles of our Consilium."

                            "It's not a free pass to screw around," Boomer interjects. "It's supposed to ensure that you get a fair chance to learn the rules, so you don't do anything stupid or get yourself in trouble. But if you break a big law, especially if your mentor clearly advised you not to, then it falls on you."

                            As you talk, you realize that the room is filling quickly. You'd guess that there are probably 200 chairs arranged facing the center stage, and a quick glance tells you that many of them are rapidly filling. It's almost noon, and most of the mages who were standing and talking with each other are starting to move towards their chairs. Valentine is standing and looking around the room, studying various people, but he is quiet during this conversation.

                            "Do you have any questions?" Mathias asks.

                            Leaving room here for more conversation or RP between you all, so feel free to keep the conversation going as desired. It will also allow time for crapcarp to post. If he doesn't, I'll assume that Phoenix arrived on time as Mathias was offering his advice, and that he didn't have anything to ask or share.


                            Moonstone
                            As Mathias is talking, you notice the Knights of Alhambra walk past you. Rose of Sharon meets your eye and offers a polite smile, and she nods at you. She clearly hasn't forgotten about you, or (assumedly) her offer to introduce you to a Mind Adept who can help with your request.

                            You also spot Ace walk in behind another group of Arrows whom you recognize but don't know personally. She glances in your direction and then quickly makes her way to the back of the room, where she stands with her arms crossed over her chest. She pointedly stares ahead, not looking in your direction.


                            Ouroboros Ophis
                            Shortly before you take your seat, you see Dante walk in with two other men and a woman. Dante is in his usual Gothic attire, and the others around him are wearing equally unusual outfits. The woman is wearing what essentially looks like a modern toga, a cloth dress wrapped around her body that has a short angular hemline, and her hair is neatly pulled back under a copper-toned headband. The two men similarly wear outfits that evoke a fusion of the old and the new, odd blends of outfits that have Greek references but modern haircuts. Dante smiles and waves to you before taking his seat.


                            Binder and Lynx
                            You each spot more familiar faces in the crowd. Falling Blossom and Raven walk in together; they're conversing as they approach the seats, but you can't hear what they're saying over the ambient noise in the room. Three other men walk in behind them and take seats next to them.
                            Last edited by rwknoll; 11-04-2016, 10:16 AM.


                            My Games
                            Mage 2E: The Supernal Suburbia (IC / OOC) - Storyteller

                            Comment


                            • Phoenix
                              Peripheral Sight | Armor: None | Active Spell(s): None
                              Health: OOOOOOO | WP: 4/5 | Mana: 2/10 | Wisdom: 7 (Understanding)
                              Conditions: Grieving [Guilty] | Tilts: None


                              Get up. Before breakfast exercises. Breakfast. Check messages, no new messages. Of course there isn't. It's not like there's a killer on the loose or anything-!

                              Alright, calm down. Just work it off with some more exercises. You really can't do much of anything in their department, and you'll be meeting up with them later today. Just work it off, channel that energy into something positive. Besides, you have a meeting to attend. Speaking of which, how formal is it? Is that something the Consilium concerns itself with? How 'bout I try on a leather jacket and see how they react to that.

                              I was dealing with soooo many possibilities with entering the scene. One of them being where he went early into town so he could shop for formal wear, to trying to meet up with one of the mages he's familiar with and ask for advice before hastily buying whatever was suggested. I ended going "Fuck it, I'll just have him wear a leather jacket and see how that goes".

                              Sorry for the wait on that.


                              I arrive in the church, sort of wandering around the middle of the place. Not sure where I'm supposed to go exactly, so I just hang around until someone notices me. I look around, taking in the scenery. I chuckle at it all. How many would leave in horror if they knew what Heaven was truly like? Oh well, enough of that, time to look for someone familiar.

                              Perceiving for any mage he knows.

                              Wits 3 + Composure 2 = 5 dice → 1 success

                              Comment


                              • Phoenix
                                You wander around St. John Cantius church, annoyed as you realize that Valentine's advice on where to find the meeting wasn't particularly clear. The sanctuary itself seems fairly quiet, as no services are being held by the time you arrive.

                                You leave the sanctuary and wander around the narthex, where various people are gathered or walking around chatting. Finally, you notice Binder walk by in a nice suit with neatly combed hair, and see him just in time to walk by two men standing next to a hallway with a sign that reads "Private Event." You speak the passphrase to the men, who wave you along down a tiled hallway and down a flight of stairs.

                                You finally find yourself in a large reception hall, where various people -- assumedly mages -- have gathered. You quickly spot Boomer, who's wearing a similarly audacious outfit as when you met her on Tuesday, and then see that she's standing next to the other Nameless mages and Shields of Dawn whom you met earlier this week. You make your way over to them and join in on their conversation.

                                Boomer smiles warmly. "Hey man, glad you could make it."


                                My Games
                                Mage 2E: The Supernal Suburbia (IC / OOC) - Storyteller

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X