Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[IC] [Mage: the Awakening 2E] The Supernal Suburbia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • RAGNAR
    Mage Sight: Fate, Time
    Active Spells: Exceptional Luck (on the mage)
    Conditions/Tilts: Inspired
    Health: BBBBOOOO I WP: 2/4 I Mana: 2/10 I Wisdom: 7
    Beats: 0/5 I Arcane Beats: 1/5
    Experiences: 1 I Arcane Experiences: 1

    Ragnar watches in horror as Moonstone falls when the balcony disappears beneath him, but he immediately feels relief as Moonstone turns into a shadow and begins to slide safely down the wall. He looks back at the wizard and grits his teeth. Okay, I need to stop this guy from casting spells. His sight doesn't affect his ability to cast. But what about if I reduce reduce his ability to cast spells altogether? That might actually do something.

    Ragnar raises his knife and gathers the threads of Fate to him again. Snare his rod, mangle his Imagos, anything! Just do it! But the threads of Fate resist hard. He's pushing this spell further than any spell he has ever cast. Already, he can feel the Abyss rising to oppose him. He pours a little bit of his depleted Mana and his will into the casting, begging the Imago to hold. Work...

    Ragnar will attempt to cast his Exceptional Luck Praxis again against the enemy mage. This time, he will be attempting to inflict a -2 penalty to all of the mage's spellcasting rolls. One free Reach spent for Instant Casting. Two more to make the hex affect spellcasting rolls, and a third for Advanced Duration. Three excess Reaches, Ragnar will spend one Mana to reduce it to two.

    2 Reach = 2 dice-> 1 success.


    The taint of Paradox begins to creep into the Imago, and Ragnar wills it into himself. He braces himself for the familiar feeling of Paradox giving him a mystic gut punch.

    Ragnar will attempt to contain the Paradox 7 Wisdom = 7 dice-> barely.


    His free hand goes to his chest as the pain blossoms, but he powers through it. Paradox gone. Let's get this Imago situated.

    Casting roll. 1 Gnosis + 2 Fate + 1 Path Tool - 1 Excess spell + 3 Willpower = 6 dice-> 2 successes.


    He smiles tightly as the Imago falls into place. And here's the pitch... He stabs his silver knife with venom, square at the blind mage with.

    Ragnar will attempt to aim the spell at the mage. 1 Gnosis + 2 Athletics + 3 Willpower = 6 dice-> 4 successes. Since the guy has Defense 0 right now, that's definitely hitting.


    The Imago coalesces into transparent, luminous red threads, and flies towards the mage. "Chew on that, asshole!"

    Ragnar has spent a point of Mana, two points of Willpower, taken a Bashing wound, and inflicted a second Exceptional Luck hex on the enemy mage, which takes the form of -2 to all casting rolls for the remainder of the scene.



    Haberdasher's Requiem Conversions and Homebrew

    Comment


    • Lynx
      The wolf spirit's force of will overpowers yours, and suddenly it stares right at you, growling with renewed vigor. You frantically cast your spell to learn its weaknesses, but in your hurry, your spell falters. "You and the spirit are both made of the same substance here. Spirit is not the only Arcanum useful against these creatures," Raven suggests.

      The wolf spirit coils and lashes out at you, trying to rip its claws into your skin. You definitely notice it striking faster than before you attempted to hide. Thankfully, your newly thickened skin protects you from any harm. The wolf growls as its teeth and claws slip off your arm.

      Shadow Walk no longer has an effect against the spirit, due to the spirit's Numen.

      Turns out Life Armor is amazing: at Life 3, it gives 2 armor, +2 defense, and you can use higher of Wits or Dex for defense. So that puts you at Defense 7.

      Attack (12) - Defense (7): 1 success, ignored due to armor.

      The wolf spirit currently has Defense 5.


      Ouroboros Ophis
      I'm going to offer you a chance to adjust your rolls/post because you didn't have Opacity information at the time you made your rolls.

      For understanding the nature of vampirism, I'm going to set Opacity 6, but with each level you strip away, I will allow you to gain more information about Kindred's abilities. However, I'm going to say that you can't drop Opacity by more than 1 level for each vampire you study. So you could potentially drop it down to 4 if you keep going here in this scene.

      At Opacity 6, your Revelation roll would be a chance die. If you would not attempt that, you can take your WP back.

      On your Scrutiny rolls, I believe you only threaten to increase Opacity if your failed roll exceeds the number of die in your base pool (3 here), so on your fourth roll, you would gain 6 success and drop Opacity to 5. That resets the number of successes needed for the next level. If you would choose to break it off there and stop, you can cancel your fifth Scrutiny roll and take back 1 mana.


      Dante's voice and his conversation with Mrs. Vial fades to a whisper as you intensely focus your Sight on Mrs. Vial and Desiree. The liquid in their veins is pooled, and although their hearts are not moving, you wonder if this liquid is somehow powerful and vital to their survival. After a long minute, you nod to yourself decisively; you can clearly detect an aura of life mixed in their veins. Somehow, it is stolen life energy, likely the source of their undeath. Beyond that, the true nature of these beings eludes you.

      Just trying to study them this way makes your own heart race faster. Your mundane vision focuses just enough to notice Mrs. Vial staring closely at your neck, and she licks her lips.

      Ragnar
      You don't take -1 penalty on rolls for extra spell control, it's just for purposes of reach. You're thinking of Mage 1E rules. Rolling an extra die for your spellcasting roll. Extra spellcasting die: 1 success, which brings you up to 3 successes. Because this is your praxis, you gain an exceptional success. Regain one WP, and pick another benefit from the table on p. 115 for an exceptional success (e.g., mana refund, increased Potency, beneficial Condition).


      Your spell flares into being and flies through the air. The blinded mage starts to turn with a frown, as he senses your spell being cast, but nothing prepares him for dodging it. The red ribbon-like form of your Imago crashes into his chest and he gasps in surprise, clutching at his chest where your spell struck him.

      Initiative
      Ragnar (10): Exceptional Luck
      --> Phoenix (9)
      Moonstone (8)
      Mysterious mage (7)

      Phoenix is up.


      My Games
      Mage 2E: The Supernal Suburbia (IC / OOC) - Storyteller
      Mage 2E: Mountains of Shadow (IC / OOC) - Storyteller and Bruiser, Thyrsus Arrow and Perfected Adept

      Comment


      • LYNX
        Active Sight: None
        Active Spells: Lure & Repel (if successful) (Potency: 5; Duration: Scene)
        Willpower: 0/5 Mana: 6/10
        Conditions/Tilts: None
        Beats: 5 - Arcane Beats: 4


        It doesn't hurt, but I can't rely on this... this armour of mine... So how do I get it off my... back...

        Lynx lets his feathery cloak disperse as stares at the wolf. He touches his necklace as he starts to chant in High Speech. Steeling himself for the wolf's inevitable attack, he forms the Imago in his mind...

        Lynx cancels his Shadow Walk as it currently has no purpose. spends this turn preparing the High Speech Yantra. The next turn, unless interrupted, he will cast an improvised Spirit 2 "Spiritual Lure and Repel" to Repel spirits (or at least the wolf spirit). He garners 3 successes.


        Potency: 5
        1 target: Wolf spirit.
        Duration: Scene.
        Yantra: Path Tool (+1 dice), High Speech (+2 dice)
        Base Dice Pool: Spirit 2 "Spiritual Lure and Repel": Spirit (2) + Gnosis (1) + Path Tool (1) + Willpower (3) + High Speech (2) - Potency (4)
        Reaches: 1 Free Reach: 1 on Instant Cast, 1 Advanced Duration, 1 on Changing Primary Spell Factor.

        Base Paradox dice: 2: 2 from Reach, 1 from Second Paradox roll.
        Paradox modifiers: -2 from the Shadow.
        Final Paradox dice: 1.
        If Paradox is obtained, Lynx will release it.

        Roll for Paradox → 0 successes.

        Total Dice Pool: 5 dice.

        Roll for Spirit 2 "Lure and Repel" → 3 successes.


        Last edited by Kvitebjørn Kong Valemon; 02-26-2017, 09:57 AM.


        Character Sheet: Oscar "Lynx" Valewood

        Comment


        • Phoenix
          Peripheral Sight | Armor: None | Active Spell(s): None
          Health: OOOOOOO | WP: 4/5 | Mana: 1/10 | Wisdom: 7 (Understanding)
          Conditions: Grieving [Guilty], Supernal Blindness | Tilts: None

          Okay, looks like Moonstone's fine, at least for now, so I can focus all my attention on this guy. Let's see how you deal with Supernal steel to the face. Can't hit him too hard, though, I need him for info.

          Phoenix will attack with his staff, but he's Pulling the Blow so it'll only do 1 lethal. His Intent is to subdue and contain the mage so he can get some information from the guy. Now I'm not sure if that means the Death mage is considered to have Defense 1 (because of Pulling Blow) or not since you said his Defense doesn't apply. I'll just roll the full dice pool and let you decide whether or not to take a die away from it.

          Strength 3 + Weaponry 3 = 6 dice → 3 successes

          Looks like doesn't matter either way.

          Comment


          • BINDER
            Willpower: 3/7 Mana: 9/10 Health: LBOOOOO
            [Shaken]
            Mage Sight: Peripheral
            Spell Control (1): Hidden Door, Sleep of the Just
            Beats: 1 Arcane Beats: 2

            Not feeling nearly as reassured as he should, Binder quickly checks that nothing seems out of place, then heads up through the secret door to prepare for his guests.

            Comment


            • Lynx
              As you begin chanting, the wolf spirit snarls and lunges for you again. It bites even harder this time, but still can't break your hardened skin with its teeth.

              It prepares to lunge again, but just as it starts to flex its back legs to leap at you once more, your Imago springs into place. You imagine an aura of spiritual revulsion around you, creating a dread sense of foreboding. The wolf spirit falters, whines, and backs up slowly.

              "Excellent, Lynx!" Raven smiles and walks up to you. "Until you become a Disciple of Spirit, your ability to directly harm spirits will be limited. Against stronger spirits, it may be rest to weaken or trick them, and buy yourself time to escape. It was wise to protect yourself against this one."

              Raven turns to the wolf spirit and inclines her head to it with respect. "But sometimes, you must be decisive, and strike. You could have enhanced your own muscles and grown your strength, and then struck with your bare hands. You must be willing to attack spirits."

              Your mentor begins to chant in High Speech, intoning in a deep alto voice. She raises her hands towards the wolf spirit and her voice grows to a crescendo. A torrent of ephemeral energy suddenly appears from her hands and strikes out at the wolf spirit. The wolf spirit barely has time to respond; in an instant, the ephemera washes over the spirit, which explodes outward in a burst of light and smoke. You hear a faint howl, and when Raven's spell ends, the wolf spirit is simply gone.

              Raven shifts to face you with a hard expression. "I destroyed this spirit. But it is not dead. As long as a spirit has even a shred of Essence remaining when you land the killing blow, it will gradually recover Essence and return when it is restored- days, weeks, perhaps even months later. The same is true of Abyssal spirits, or Gulmoth. To destroy it, you must first sap it of all its Essence. You must remember this. Do you understand?"

              The wolf spirit uses one turn to attack. Attack (12) + WP (3) - Defense (7): 2 successes, ignored due to Life Armor.

              If you're copying the Lure and Repel spell exactly, it forces relevant creatures from entering or remaining within an area equal to the Scale of the spell. With your dice pool and successes you could afford to increase the scale slightly to the size of a small room, and the wolf spirit has a very hard time damaging you anyway. So, it's pretty much a moot point.


              Phoenix
              You carefully strike your staff at the mage, hoping to harm him but not kill him. But when your staff hits his shirt, it rebounds forcefully, far harder than you could have expected; your hands sting and the staff shakes in your hand as if you just tried to smack a steel wall. The mage isn't even fazed.

              The man sneers and turns around, but his eyes are still blind and unfocused. His fingers twitch on the lead rod in his hand, as if he's contemplating his next move, but he's clearly hesitating. He doesn't seem like he wants to take on three mages singlehandedly.

              He does not gain any Defense because his current tilt causes him to lose all Defense. However, his current general armor rating ignores your damage.

              Initiative:
              Ragnar (10): Exceptional Luck
              Phoenix (9): Attack
              --> Moonstone (8)
              Mysterious mage (7)

              Moonstone is up.


              Binder
              You don't think that anything was taken or moved, but there are a lot of things in the store. You search around, looking to check whether anything seems off.

              Roll Wits + Composure (instant action) to briefly look around the room, or Wits + Investigation (extended action, 1 minute/roll, target = 5 successes).


              My Games
              Mage 2E: The Supernal Suburbia (IC / OOC) - Storyteller
              Mage 2E: Mountains of Shadow (IC / OOC) - Storyteller and Bruiser, Thyrsus Arrow and Perfected Adept

              Comment


              • Moonstone
                Peripheral Sight | Spells: none [Cloak: Wards and Signs Potency 4, Shadow Flesh 4 turns left]
                Conditions: Divergent (Active), Guilty, Triumphant, Informed (Rumors) [-1 Strength until evening]
                Health:
                BBBOOO | Willpower: 3/8 | Mana: 0/10 | Beats: 0/5 | Arcane Beats: 3/5

                Something tells him that this jerk is going to be looking for a way out of here in the next few seconds. But not before Moonstone gets a taste of his Mind Pattern. The inky shadow circles around the unknown mage, probing and measuring like a blind man feeling an elephant.

                Let's try this one more time. Mind 1 Know Nature, 2 free Reaches on instant casting and sensory range, +1 Reach to learn his Aspirations and Obsessions.

                Paradox: 1 from reach, +3 from earlier rolls this scene. 4 dice, Releasing so I don't die: 2 successes.

                Spellcasting: Gnosis 1, Mind 2, Paradox -2, Willpower 3. 4 dice: 1 success yaay. I learn his Virtue, Vice, total number of dots in Mental and Social Attributes, Aspirations, and Obsessions. And you get 2 Paradox Reach!



                2E Legacy Updates
                Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
                Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
                Storm Keepers

                Comment


                • LYNX
                  Active Sight: None
                  Active Spells: Lure & Repel (if successful) (Potency: 5; Duration: Scene)
                  Willpower: 0/5 Mana: 6/10
                  Conditions/Tilts: None
                  Beats: 5 - Arcane Beats: 4

                  "Excellent, Lynx! Until you become a Disciple of Spirit, your ability to directly harm spirits will be limited. Against stronger spirits, it may be rest to weaken or trick them, and buy yourself time to escape. It was wise to protect yourself against this one. But sometimes, you must be decisive, and strike. You could have enhanced your own muscles and grown your strength, and then struck with your bare hands. You must be willing to attack spirits."

                  "I can't fight," Lynx protests. "I'm not very agile. I'm clumsy, actually."

                  He then watches in amazement - and horror - as Raven starts her song, the wolf's howl ringing in his ears as it explodes.

                  "I destroyed this spirit. But it is not dead. As long as a spirit has even a shred of Essence remaining when you land the killing blow, it will gradually recover Essence and return when it is restored- days, weeks, perhaps even months later. The same is true of Abyssal spirits, or Gulmoth. To destroy it, you must first sap it of all its Essence. You must remember this. Do you understand?"

                  "I..." Lynx stutters, trying to take process it. That's brutal... "I think so." He lowers his gaze slightly, touching his necklace. "How do I sap its Essence? Do I need to be a... a Disciple of Spirit to do that?"

                  He frowns. "What are Gulmoth at its core? What is it that makes them... ... evil? You say they're Abyssal spirits, but are they formed by the Abyss, or do they corrupt and possess a spirit? Are they irredeemable? Is the only solution to destroy them?" He offers a grim smile. "Please don't misunderstand... I just want to make sure I don't do something stupid if... when I meet a Gulmoth."


                  Character Sheet: Oscar "Lynx" Valewood

                  Comment


                  • Ouroboros Ophis
                    Mage Sight:
                    Active => Focused | Active Spells: None
                    Health: OOOOOO | WP: 5/6 | Mana: 5/10 | Wisdom: 7 (Understanding)
                    Conditions: None | Tilts: None | Beats: 7 | Arc. Beats: 1

                    Ouroboros instictively raises his hand to his neck and caress it uneasy. He coughs to catch Dante's attention and asks -"I mean no disrespect, but are we going to spend much more time here? There were some things I wanted to consult with you and I hoped we could do it today" -he tries his best not to sound scared or rude, but to communicate in a clear way he is reaching his limit and that he really wants to leave the presence of those... women.


                    I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

                    Comment


                    • BINDER
                      Willpower: 3/7 Mana: 9/10 Health: LBOOOOO
                      [Shaken]
                      Mage Sight: Peripheral
                      Spell Control (1): Hidden Door, Sleep of the Just
                      Beats: 1 Arcane Beats: 2

                      Wits 2 + Composure 4 = 6 -> 3 successes!

                      Comment


                      • Moonstone
                        You eagerly send your will out, imagining tendrils of shadowy Mind fingers to pluck the information you desire from the hostile mage whose name you still don't know. The spell forms and you feel the familiar hum of energy as you cast it.

                        But out of your haste to craft your spell, you unknowingly (or perhaps unconcernedly) invite a touch of the Abyss into your magic. You watch with surprise, and perhaps consternation, as the Mind spell you brought into being shifts at the last moment and unintentionally settles onto...Phoenix.

                        Your new cabalmate's mind briefly flashes before your mind's eye like an open book. He's mentally sharp, perhaps more than you've given him credit for, and about as aloof and blunt as you might have guessed. His goals and passions seem to overlap with yours, or perhaps run tangential to them; he wants to destroy Alux and join an Order, but he is driven by a desire to hunt down a mysterious "Anubis" who has harmed him deeply. The name doesn't ring a bell for you. Phoenix is also trying to escape the attention of some group who would harm him if they could...Hunters, perhaps?

                        Spending 2 paradox reach to change the subject of the spell. Rolled to see who it would hit.


                        Moonstone, Ragnar, and Phoenix
                        The mage's face contorts with anger as he realizes he is quite outnumbered, if not necessarily overpowered. He backs up from all of you, then sneers as he points the lead rod in his hands.

                        Those of you watching with your mundane eyes feel a tingling on your Periphery and see him fade, then just...vanish. To Ragnar, with your Sight you clearly see him create a doorway of Death magic that gives you a creeping sensation as if your skin is trying to crawl away from your body. It envelopes him and you can no longer sense him.

                        The alley suddenly grows silent.


                        Lynx
                        Raven waves a hand dismissively. "What are reflexes, but nerve responses and muscle movements? What is clumsiness, but a matter of balance and posture? You are a Disciple of Life, Lynx. Anything living is your domain, your craft."

                        At your question about Essence, she smiles wolfishly. "Now you're thinking. No, even an Apprentice of Spirit magic can cast a spell to siphon Essence directly from a creature. However, they will resist, so it works best with either a strong spell or a weak spirit."

                        Raven's smile quickly fades to a dark frown as you discuss Gulmoth, and she looks around as if scanning the area for danger. "They are not spirits at all, but rather entities from another realm, a place of pure chaos and vileness, that simply resemble spirits enough that they more or less respond to the Arcanum as much as a real spirit. You cannot try to reason with them or use them for your own purpose. Even merely attempting to bind them to your will, or trying to use their power, is a treasonous act in the Consilium punishable by death."

                        Raven grows quiet for a minute, then summons a new portal revealing the park in its mundane form, within the Fallen World. "Best not to stay too long here," she suggests in a contemplative murmur. "This place can be dangerous, especially to a young Mage."

                        Take an arcane beat for being exposed to new first-hand knowledge about the world of spirits.


                        Ouroboros Ophis
                        Dante nods at you and turns back to your hostess with a generous smile. "My companion here is quite right, Mrs. Vial. We do have some other matters to attend to tonight. I appreciate all of the information that you have shared, and hope that my usual token of appreciation will appease you."

                        Dante gives over the briefcase without opening it. Mrs. Vial looks eagerly at the briefcase and licks her lips again, but she smiles wanly and nods. She waves for Desiree to escort you out, who politely says goodbye as you leave the Vial house.

                        You have the feeling that something important happened during their exchange, but it feels over your head. Dante smiles at you as you walk away from the old home. "Tell me what you sensed, what you Saw, in there," he asks. "I didn't just bring you here to chat with a respectful older woman over a cup of tea."


                        Binder
                        Glancing around the store confirms your general suspicions: Nothing of significant monetary value is missing. Nothing appears missing or stolen that you can tell.

                        However, there are some books and items that have been moved, mostly just to a nearby location but on the floor. It's like someone was skimming through the shelves, and just knocked objects to the ground. Almost like...the cat you saw? That's odd.
                        Last edited by rwknoll; 03-15-2017, 11:47 PM.


                        My Games
                        Mage 2E: The Supernal Suburbia (IC / OOC) - Storyteller
                        Mage 2E: Mountains of Shadow (IC / OOC) - Storyteller and Bruiser, Thyrsus Arrow and Perfected Adept

                        Comment


                        • RAGNAR
                          Mage Sight: Peripheral
                          Active Spells: Exceptional Luck (on the mage)
                          Conditions/Tilts: Inspired, Steadfast
                          Health: BBBBOOOO I WP: 2/4 I Mana: 2/10 I Wisdom: 7
                          Beats: 0/5 I Arcane Beats: 1/5
                          Experiences: 1 I Arcane Experiences: 1




                          Phoenix is flanking Ragnar, and the moving shadow that is Moonstone circles the enemy mage like a shark. He gives the mage a smug look and levels his silver knife at him. "I tried to warn you. We're not going to kill you, but we are turning you in." One hand stows the obsidian dagger in his pocket and then reaches for his phone. The odds of guessing Valentine's number are pretty ridiculous. Good thing I'm an enchanter, right? ​"Know a guy named Valentine, by any chance? I'm sure he would just love to hear that you tried to murder his cabalmate's new apprentice." But even as he prepares to form the imago, the stranger gives a nasty smirk and points his lead rod. Death magic pulses around him, and a portal to... somewhere opens and he steps through it.

                          Ragnar blinks in surprise. "What the- " He runs to the stop where the attacker stood and spins around. He looks over at Phoenix. "Where'd he go?!" He looks down at the shadow. "Moonstone. That guy was a Moros: he liquified and solidified the concrete I was standing on. That spell he cast was Death Arcanum. I thought portals and stuff were your department. Where is he?" Much as he's reluctant to admit it, Moonstone knows more about magic than he does.

                          Once he reaches a minute with Mage Sight, he dismisses it, allowing his vision to return to the mundane realities of the Lie. He looks over at Phoenix. "Thanks for showing up. I think Moonstone and I could have handled him, but I'm running low on Mana." He looks back to Moonstone. "What happened? I know you tried to cast on me, but it felt like it got away from you. I got whacked with... well, I guess whatever it is that you deal with sometimes." He averts his gaze for a moment. Maybe he shouldn't have been so quick to judge Moonstone's reaction to Matthias. "How... uh, how did you get here? And why did you end up on that balcony?"

                          He looks down at the spot where the stranger stood in distaste. "That guy was the trouble you warned me about, right? Phoenix, he wouldn't happen to be that Anubis guy you're looking for, would he?" He purses his lips and twitches them from side to side in thought. "Think giving Valentine a call would be a good idea? I don't know if this is worth bothering him."
                          Last edited by Haberdasher; 03-17-2017, 07:22 AM.


                          Haberdasher's Requiem Conversions and Homebrew

                          Comment


                          • Ouroboros Ophis
                            Mage Sight:
                            Active => Focused | Active Spells: None
                            Health: OOOOOO | WP: 5/6 | Mana: 5/10 | Wisdom: 7 (Understanding)
                            Conditions: None | Tilts: None | Beats: 7 | Arc. Beats: 1

                            Dante smiles at Ouroboros as both walk away from the old home. "Tell me what you sensed, what you Saw, in there," he asks. "I didn't just bring you here to chat with a respectful older woman over a cup of tea."

                            The old mage coughs and touches his neck again, looking over his shoulder- "Yeah, I figured as much..."-he pauses to put in order his toughts-"They are dead... or at least not alive, I am not sure it is such a binary state as most people asume. Their bodies are dead matter, but filled with some kind of stolen life energy. Life energy! I cannot believe I am using such new age terms seriously but I find no other way to accurately descrive what I have seen. There is something undeniabably vital flowing and pooling inside of those animated corpses, like blood does on a regular human being. Is that it? Blood? We have just traded blood for information with some... vampires?"-he finds even difficult to bring himslef to pronounce that word aloud, years of rational and scientific experience screaming against the imposibility of it, and yet he had seen the facts with his own eyes.

                            -"Anyway, I am sure you have your reasons and even I can see the potential utility of such an informant"-a tense silence follows for a minute-"Well, on other order of things, I found an interesting phenomena at a graveyard and I wanted to know if you have ever seen something like that before. Maybe is an anomaly, maybe is something common. I figured you would probably know. There is some kind of gate, I guess I could call it, trough wich I have seen ghost disappear. It remind me vividly of the moment when we helped the ghost in my clasroom to move on, so I wondered if perhaps that is a permanent portal to... wherever it is souls go after death"



                            I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

                            Comment


                            • Moonstone
                              Active Sight (Mind, Space) | Spells: none
                              Conditions: Divergent (Active), Guilty, Triumphant, Informed (Rumors) [-1 Strength until evening]
                              Health:
                              BBBOOO | Willpower: 2/8 | Mana: 0/10 | Beats: 0/5 | Arcane Beats: 3/5

                              He opens his Mind and Space Sight as the enemy magician disappears. Too late, it turns out, but he looks for anything unusual just to be safe.

                              "Moonstone. That guy was a Moros: he liquified and solidified the concrete I was standing on. That spell he cast was Death Arcanum. I thought portals and stuff were your department. Where is he?"

                              The Warlock rises up out of the shadows like a swimmer out of the ocean, even gasping for air as he pulls the hood back and opens the clasp. "Well, he didn't turn into a Goetic- er, a 'dream monster,' so that's a relief. I don't see a portal. Maybe he passed into the ghost world? If I had the Mana, I could trace him with Time, but I seem to have overexerted myself playing the tutor."

                              Ragnar continues thinking out loud while he tries to catch his breath. "You got whacked with...? Oh- I never thought opening my Mind to others could make it contagious, I'm so sorry Ragnar- I was looking for you, but I couldn't catch your Sympathy, but I found this fascinating Mystery in Milennium Park, and managed to slip myself through a sort of natural portal when I focused on you- don't be overconfident, Phoenix may have saved our lives- god i haven't been so exhausted all week-"

                              He wearily waves at/thanks/salutes Phoenix, and puts his hand on his brow and groans. "Just call Valentine. I'm running on empty."

                              He resists the urge for a sorcerous group hug, but only just. Moonstone is a mom at heart, but he's learning to respect boundaries. "Thank Aion you're alright. Impeccable timing, Phoenix, very auspicious- you're a much sharper mind than I gave you credit for, and I would have never known if my spell hadn't backfired. What a fool I've been! I'm not wise enough to teach anyone magic, not by a mile. If I'd known Ragnar would be in danger- well, I did know, but I thought I would be able to help, but I'm not nearly as puissant with Space and Sympathy as I deluded myself into believing- oh, this 'lesson' was a disaster. I'm just glad everyone is safe."

                              Oh, right, the mystery mage. "Did either of you know who that magician was, or what he wanted? I've seen him bedeviling my master, Hakim, in the last few weeks- coming to his home, even. I kept trying to read his mind, but I can barely hold myself together right now, much less an Imago. This isn't how I imagined my Divination playing out."

                              Moonstone suddenly and strongly feels that he would be no good as an Arrow, not at all.


                              2E Legacy Updates
                              Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
                              Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
                              Storm Keepers

                              Comment


                              • LYNX
                                Active Sight: None
                                Active Spells: Lure & Repel (if successful) (Potency: 5; Duration: Scene)
                                Willpower: 0/5 Mana: 6/10
                                Conditions/Tilts: None
                                Beats: 5 - Arcane Beats: 5

                                Lynx nods gravely to Raven's words, offering a wry smile in response to her warning about Gulmoths. "I won't try to reason or control a Gulmoth," he reassures her. "I promise."

                                He follows Raven into the physical world, stretching and taking in the familiar air. "Thanks for the lesson. What now?"


                                Character Sheet: Oscar "Lynx" Valewood

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X