Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[IC] [Mage: the Awakening 2E] The Supernal Suburbia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ouroboros Ophis
    Mage Sight:
    Active (Matter/Death/Life) | Active Spells: Speak with the Dead, Mental Shield
    Health: OOOOOO | WP: 5/6 | Mana: 10/10 | Wisdom: 7 (Understanding)
    Conditions: None | Tilts: None | Beats/Exp: 2/2 | Arc. Beats/Exp: 1/0


    "Well there's nobody alive in there, so this isn't a rescue mission. That doesn't preclude ghosts or spirits or who knows what else, though."

    -"That was what I was afraid of... I've seen somebody taking a peek at us, they looked... they looked like a child"

    Perception (Wits+Composure)=1 Success






    I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

    Comment


    • Moonstone
      Peripheral Sight | Spells: Mental Shield (self, 1 week, +3 Clash)
      Conditions: Divergent (suppressed), Guilty, Triumphant, Informed (Rumors) [-1 Strength]
      Health:
      OOOOOO | Willpower: 3/8 | Mana: 10/10 | Beats: 4/5 | Arcane Beats: 1/5


      Ragnar's Postcognition spell echoes in Moonstone's periphery. The warlock watches someone else enter a Time-skipping mystical trance for once. "That's what that looks like!"

      That's a good reminder to do his own due diligence. Before entering the house with the others, he rests his hand on the gym bag over his shoulder and poses two questions in the High Speech: Will I draw my sword in the next hour? Will my cabal shed blood in this house?

      Casting my Praxis, Divination, on myself. Only looking for Yes/No answers.

      1 reach for instant casting, 1 reach for exceeding spell control. No Paradox.

      Gnosis 1+Time 2+High Speech 2. 5 dice: 1 success.


      "That was what I was afraid of... I've seen somebody taking a peek at us, they looked... they looked like a child"

      "Some thing, not somebody. Ghosts are merely the memories and obsessions of an unresolved mind!"
      Last edited by Caladriu; 07-07-2017, 02:25 AM.


      2E Legacy Updates
      Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
      Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
      Storm Keepers

      Comment


      • Ragnar
        Before replying, I wanted to remind you of a few things. First, just a reminder that Concentration Yantra can only be used on spells with duration longer than 1 turn. Rather than making you re-roll and taking extra time to repost, I will cancel the potency boost for the third question and remove the bonus from Concentration, leaving your dice pool identical and giving you answers to the first two questions.

        Secondly, questions asked as part of Divination need to be worded in such a way that they involve the subject's future. So you can ask "Where will we find this object?", but not "Where is the object located?" It's used to predict the future, not just give you Storyteller insight. If worded creatively, you can figure out a lot of things, but you need to ask them about the future. I will assume for your second question that you worded it along the lines of "Where will we find the source of this disturbance?". For future posts, please adjust accordingly.

        Let me know if you have any problems with these changes.


        The stream of Time surrounding you briefly flows in the opposite direction of your previous spell, this time summoning glimpses of the future rather than the past. Flickers of images dance through your mind faster than thought, but you catch enough to find the answers you seek. A ghost quickened by the energy in this place will fight to defend her home or her child. The source will be found in her room.


        Ouroboros Ophis
        The glimpse you saw looked like a ghost, forming the shape of a young boy. You hear his laughter echo down the hallway. He seems like he is playing a game of hide and seek.


        Moonstone
        You intone High Speech into a mantra. The words carry power and bring your spell to life. You're already seeing how powerful and convenient the language can be to fuel your spells.

        Images of the sword flicker in your mind's eye. Yes. A vision of hands, washed clean. No.


        My Games
        Mage 2E: The Supernal Suburbia (IC / OOC) - Storyteller

        Comment


        • Moonstone
          Peripheral Sight | Spells: Mental Shield (self, 1 week, +3 Clash)
          Conditions: Divergent (suppressed), Guilty, Triumphant, Informed (Rumors) [-1 Strength]
          Health:
          OOOOOO | Willpower: 3/8 | Mana: 10/10 | Beats: 4/5 | Arcane Beats: 1/5


          Moonstone frets. "Forecast predicts drawn weapons, but low chance of bloodshed. Try not to let foreknowledge of the future influence your response to danger. I'd hate to think that I imprisoned us in a needlessly violent timeline by warning against the possibility...oh, dear."

          In we go. He advances down the hallway, trailing his fingers along the walls. His Fear floats behind him like a monster balloon.


          2E Legacy Updates
          Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
          Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
          Storm Keepers

          Comment


          • RAGNAR
            Mage Sight: Peripheral
            Active Spells: None
            Conditions/Tilts: Inspired, Steadfast
            Health: OOOOOOOO I WP: 3/4 I Mana: 10/10 I Wisdom: 7
            Beats: 0/5 I Arcane Beats: 2/5
            Experiences: 1 I Arcane Experiences: 1

            "Forecast predicts drawn weapons, but low chance of bloodshed. Try not to let foreknowledge of the future influence your response to danger. I'd hate to think that I imprisoned us in a needlessly violent timeline by warning against the possibility...oh, dear."

            "Ghosts don't bleed though. Not shedding blood isn't the same thing as not getting into a fight," Ragnar says, his expression grim. "I don't think our chances of getting out of here without violence are good. The lady of the house... left a ghost. Specifically, her protective feelings towards this house and her family. The ghost got amped up by the energy of the incident and she's in the room with the thing that caused this."

            "That was what I was afraid of... I've seen somebody taking a peek at us, they looked... they looked like a child."

            "Probably the child the ghost wants to protect. Death isn't my wheelhouse, so I have no idea if a ghost's desire to protect somebody extends to that person's ghost. But if the ghost is her mama bear instincts, I don't think we should be trying to play with the cub."

            Comment


            • Phoenix
              Peripheral Sight | Armor: Prime | Active Spell(s): Kinetic Blow (self, 4 Potency, 1 scene)
              Health: OOOOOOO | WP: 2/5 | Mana: 10/10 | Wisdom: 7 (Understanding)
              Conditions: Grieving [Guilty] | Tilts: None | -1 Dexterity (untill 11 AM)



              Something catches my eye as the door opens. What was that? Y'know what? Doesn't matter, I'll see it soon enough.

              Opting to fail the Wits + Composure roll to resolve Perplexed. Also ending the Supernal Vision spell


              ​I listen to the others talk about what's inside and what might be in store for us.

              "Well, no harm in being prepared," I respond simply. Return to breathing, breathe in, and breathe out, focus your Supernal eye on the flow of energy around you, and realize it.

              Kinetic Blow [Rote] (Forces 2, Corebook, Page 143)
              Reach: 4 Free - 4 used for instant casting, Advanced Duration, Primary Factor Swap, held weapons effect
              Paradox: None
              Yantras: Rote Mudra Brawl +4, Dedicated Tool +1
              Factors: PSF Potency 4 (-4); Duration 1 scene
              Spellcasting: Gnosis 1 + Forces 2 + 4 Rote Mudra + 1 DT - 4 Factors = 4 dice → 1 success

              Just a friendly reminder that Phoenix also has 3 dots in Martial Arts, which gives him the Whirlwind Strike maneuver, allowing him to automatically cause 1B to everyone within his reach. The spell turns this into 5L. Every turn. To everybody near him.

              ​Side note, he puts up Prime Armor and replaces the Mana with another flower.


              "No time like the present," I think out loud as I head on in.
              Last edited by crapcarp; 07-23-2017, 03:04 AM. Reason: Replaced Stunned Tilt Reach effect with instant casting

              Comment


              • Phoenix
                As Boomer taught you, you execute the series of rapid physical hand movements that encode the Imago for your spell, possibly catching the eyes of your cabalmates. You feel the kinetic energy in your hands as you walk, ready to shift it at a moment's notice to powerfully enhance your blows.

                Haha, that's just crazy. Mages, man.


                Everyone
                The cabal enters the quiet home. As soon as you all do, you feel a sudden gust of air blast towards you. A woman's scream, one of torment and outrage rather than fear, echoes loudly throughout the entryway. On a large mirror hanging along the hallway by the door, you see words write themselves in a dark red liquid like blood: GET OUT. You all feel hairs rise on the back of your neck as something unseen watches from your Periphery. None of you actually see anything in the room, even those with a spell to see ghosts.

                In the silence that follows, you faintly hear a little boy's laughter echo down the hallway on your right.

                I need a little more info on what you might want to check out. The hallway to the right is where you saw the boy ghost move. There is also a hallway leading instead straight ahead towards other rooms, as well as stairs leading up to the next level. You can explore as a group or individually, just let me know which route you want to investigate.


                My Games
                Mage 2E: The Supernal Suburbia (IC / OOC) - Storyteller

                Comment


                • Moonstone
                  Peripheral Sight | Spells: Mental Shield (self, 1 week, +3 Clash)
                  Conditions: Divergent (suppressed), Guilty, Triumphant, Informed (Rumors) [-1 Strength]
                  Health:
                  OOOOOO | Willpower: 3/8 | Mana: 10/10 | Beats: 4/5 | Arcane Beats: 1/5

                  Moonstone holds steady. He's aware that the situation is unearthly and dangerous, but he also has multiple lines of defense against supernatural terror. There's a lot to be afraid of, but he's not afraid.

                  Keep talking, that will keep everyone steady. He quietly and patiently thinks out loud: "Now, Phoenix or Binder or myself could link us all telepathically, but the sensation is distracting, so it might be better just to shout. If it's urgent, I can always reach out sympathetically. So there's really nothing to worry about, nothing at all. Of course, if you do want me to conjure a telepathic link, you need only say the word. Doctor Ophis, would you kindly raise a ward against ghosts, if you haven't already?"

                  It's amazing what a difference suppressing his illness makes. Thanks, Pattern Restoration!

                  "I'm going to follow that boyish ephemeral down the hallway to the right, and hopefully read its echo of a mind. Would anyone like to join me?"

                  And he does, in fact, go down the hallway to the right.


                  2E Legacy Updates
                  Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
                  Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
                  Storm Keepers

                  Comment


                  • LYNX
                    Active Sight: None (Unavailable, no Willpower)
                    Active Spells: Body Control (Potency 3, Duration, 1 Week)
                    Willpower: 0/5 Mana: 9/10
                    Conditions/Tilts: Distracted
                    Beats: 1 - Arcane Beats: 1
                    Experiences: 1 - Arcane Experiences: 1


                    Lynx takes a deep breath. What am I supposed to do now? I'm so... this feels so... insignificant? No, that's not it, it's not, we're all here, but... something's missing. Something's off. There's something... I don't...

                    Lynx eyes Moonstone's departure down the right hallway. He, instead, stands before the mirror, studying the liquid, and his own reflection behind the command to leave. Is this blood? It... it shouldn't be? What bled? We saw it being written, no floating flesh to wring it from, no hand to write it. What should I do?

                    "What should I do?" Lynx mutters as he looks up the stairs. There's an upstairs too...

                    Without further thought, Lynx walks up the stairs, and once he's on the second floor, he looks to the closest room to enter.
                    Last edited by Kvitebjørn Kong Valemon; 07-17-2017, 06:27 AM.


                    Character Sheet: Oscar "Lynx" Valewood

                    Comment


                    • RAGNAR
                      Mage Sight: Peripheral
                      Active Spells: None
                      Conditions/Tilts: Inspired, Steadfast
                      Health: OOOOOOOO I WP: 3/4 I Mana: 10/10 I Wisdom: 7
                      Beats: 0/5 I Arcane Beats: 2/5
                      Experiences: 1 I Arcane Experiences: 1

                      "I'm going to follow that boyish ephemeral down the hallway to the right, and hopefully read its echo of a mind. Would anyone like to join me?"

                      Ragnar rolls his eyes behind Moonstone's back as his cabalmate heads for the other room. "Pretty sure that's the exact opposite of 'don't play with the baby bear,' Moon." Before he can follow after Moonstone, Ragnar notices Lynx heading up the stairs."Okay, guys? We're doing a pretty good job of acting like the moron college students in a slasher movie. Nobody goes anywhere alone." He briefly debates which one to follow, but the answer is quick and obvious: Lynx. He quickly bounds up the stairs after the bearish Shaman.
                      Last edited by Haberdasher; 07-18-2017, 08:32 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Moonstone
                        @Thorbes hasn't posted yet, but I will let him include actions in his next post that happen before you leave the room, whatever he decides to do.


                        You pass through the hallway to the right, and quickly find yourself facing several doors. One is a bathroom, as you can see through the partially cracked door, but the others are closed.

                        You hear a giggle and see movement to your left as the boy ghost simply walks through one of the doors. You follow after him, and as you touch the door handle, something tickles your mind...

                        Your Mental Shield spell allows you to roll in a Clash of Wills, using Gnosis + Mind + 3 (including your bonus from the spell factors).


                        Lynx and Ragnar
                        You arrive at the top of the stairs, Ragnar only moments behind Lynx. This area of the house is a large, open-concept sitting room connecting to other hallways leading to various rooms upstairs.

                        To the right, you see bookshelves built into the wall and two small reading nooks with windows looking down onto the front door and the street filled with ephemeral creatures. A book is lying on one of the benches, as if someone was sitting here reading not long ago.

                        The closest door is behind you and to your left, adjacent to the railing from the stairs. Before you reach the door, you both see a black creature, about the size of your little finger, crawling under the door. It looks like a cockroach or large insect, but its mere presence raises the hairs on Lynx's neck and gives him a feeling of unease on his Periphery.

                        Either of you may make a perception roll. Lynx can also make an Int + Occult roll.


                        Everyone Else
                        Ophis, Binder, and Phoenix find themselves standing alone in the entryway of the house. You hear your companions moving through the building. Where do you go next? Do you follow the others, or pass through the hallway past where Moonstone and the boy ghost went to investigate the rest of the lower level?


                        My Games
                        Mage 2E: The Supernal Suburbia (IC / OOC) - Storyteller

                        Comment


                        • Phoenix
                          Peripheral Sight | Armor: Prime | Active Spell(s): Kinetic Blow (self, 4 Potency, 1 scene)
                          Health: OOOOOOO | WP: 2/5 | Mana: 10/10 | Wisdom: 7 (Understanding)
                          Conditions: Grieving [Guilty] | Tilts: None | -1 Dexterity (untill 11 AM)





                          "Pretty sure that's the exact opposite of 'don't play with the baby bear,' Moon."

                          "I'll look after him," I respond, following Moonstone. I swear, that guy's gonna get himself killed one of these days.

                          ​I just barely catch a glimpse of the kid ghost moving through the door, then something flickers in my Periphery as Moonstone touches the handle. Looks like the mama bear's come to guard her cub.

                          Phoenix is on the defensive now. He's alert and focused, using mundane perception for any signs of overt danger.

                          Wits 3 + Composure 2 = 5 dice → 1 success

                          ​About the whole Peripheral thing, I think it's safe to assume that if Mental Shield is triggering a Clash of Wills, then an active power is trying to influence Moonstone's mind, and Peripheral Mage Sight detects active powers.

                          ​Side note, when I cast Kinetic Blow, I forgot to spend a Reach for instant casting, so I swapped out the Stunned Reach effect for it instead, so his attacks won't cause the Stunned Tilt automatically (though the spell could reasonably do that on its own).

                          Comment


                          • Ouroboros Ophis
                            Mage Sight:
                            Active (Matter/Death/Life) | Active Spells: Ghost Shield, Mental Shield
                            Health: OOOOOO | WP: 4/6 | Mana: 10/10 | Wisdom: 7 (Understanding)
                            Conditions: None | Tilts: None | Beats/Exp: 2/2 | Arc. Beats/Exp: 1/0



                            -"Please, please, Moonstone, no matter your perception I had nothing but the experience that ghosts are indeed sentient beings capable of though and emotions. I will not step aside and let you harm a child or his mother unless there is absolutely no other option"- The doctor let's his previous spell vanish and does his best at creating an aura that hopefully protects them against ghosts.

                            Casting "Ghost Shield" 1 Free Reach for Instant Casting, 3 additional Reach for Extended Duration (One Scene/Hour), Advanced Scale (Everyone on a small room) and to protect against ghost's phisical attacks. Dedicated Tool to negate 2 out of 3 Paradox dice. Containing Paradox==0 Paradox successes. Spell roll: Gnosis 1+Death 2 + Willpower 3= 6 dice=2 Successes!

                            Everyone now has a Potency 2 Ghost Shield instead of Speak witht the Dead for the remaining hour


                            Putting his doctor's coat on, Ouroboros Ophis traces a circle in the air encompasing all his cabalmates before they go their separate ways,imbuing them with the protecion of Stygia, the air becoming sterile, like that from a surgery room.

                            -"That should award us some measure of protection against them if things come to worse, but let's try to talk to them first, please"-that said he goes with Phoenix after Moonstone.
                            Last edited by Thorbes; 07-23-2017, 01:22 PM.


                            I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

                            Comment


                            • RAGNAR
                              Mage Sight: Peripheral
                              Active Spells: None
                              Conditions/Tilts: Inspired, Steadfast
                              Health: OOOOOOOO I WP: 3/4 I Mana: 10/10 I Wisdom: 7
                              Beats: 0/5 I Arcane Beats: 2/5
                              Experiences: 1 I Arcane Experiences: 1


                              "Lynx!" Ragnar reaches the top of the stairs and stops right next to his friend as they survey the scene. "Oh. Okay. These are, uh, spirits right? They aren't going to be any trouble, are they?" The black cockroach-thing inspires a deep feeling of revulsion- and the way Lynx stiffens next to him at the sight of it adds deep apprehension to the mix. Oh, that's not normal, is it? "I've got a bad feeling about this," he mutters. What will we encounter beyond this door?

                              Ragnar is going to cast Time 1 Postcognition to learn what is beyond the door the cockroach crawled under. Two free Reach, one for instant casting, one for specific answers. Since he never accumulates dice in the Paradox pool, he can just "take 1" and assume the spell works with a single success, right?
                              Last edited by Haberdasher; 07-23-2017, 07:11 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Moonstone
                                Peripheral Sight | Spells: Mental Shield (self, 1 week, +3 Clash)
                                Conditions: Divergent (suppressed), Guilty, Triumphant, Informed (Rumors) [-1 Strength]
                                Health: OOOOOO | Willpower: 3/8 | Mana: 10/10 | Beats: 4/5 | Arcane Beats: 1/5


                                "My knight in shining armor! I feel safer already. I feel that ghosts are better studied than spoken to, but I will honor the spirit of your request."

                                His hand catches on the door. What's that laughter...? Moonstone visualizes iron ramparts around the palace of his mind, besieged by a ghostly invader.

                                Clash of Wills, 6 dice: 3 successes.


                                2E Legacy Updates
                                Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
                                Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
                                Storm Keepers

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X