Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[IC] [Mage: the Awakening 2E] The Supernal Suburbia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • RAGNAR
    Mage Sight: Peripheral
    Active Spells: Exceptional Luck
    Conditions/Tilts: Inspired, Steadfast, Horrid Whispers (-1 to all rolls), Trapped (Speed 0)
    Health: BOOOOOOO I WP: 3/4 I Mana: 9/10 I Wisdom: 7
    Beats: 0/5 I Arcane Beats: 2/5
    Experiences: 1 I Arcane Experiences: 1



    Ok, this is whole new levels of "unpleasant," Ragnar thinks to himself. It's like the old recurring nightmare he used to have as a child, trying to run away from some monster, but his body- he had been quite plump when he was young- betraying him, never being able to run fast enough, or even move at all. Except he knows it's not a nightmare, because the others make their way up the stairs, and Phoenix conjures a gust of wind- well, probably raw force, but the effect feels the same, so yeah, wind- to disperse the spirits.

    "Oh thank God! You guys! We. Really need. To stop. Meeting. Like this!" He's starting to pant from the exertion, feeling like he has not choice but to keep running. Yeah, yeah, leave it to the Acanthus to invoke Alice, he thinks. "Tried. To cast. A Space. Spell. These damn. Whispers. Screwed. Me up!" They never stop, the whispers. It almost feels like invisible people are circling him, breathing mockery and malice into his ears, each word too garbled, too high- or low-pitched, too soft or loud, to make out. But he knows the things speaking to him are no friends of his. He's read about some people who experience psychotic episodes having experiences like this, but this is far worse, because at least those people- at least, he hopes this is the case- are "only" imagining them. He knows that whatever this is, it's very, very real. "I think. I can. Fix this..."

    Ragnar is attempting to cast The Outward and Inward Eye (Space 1) on himself. One free Reach, spent on Instant Casting. Not any other Spell Factors, just need to get a quick spell off to get rid of Trapped. The Paradox pool does not accumulate dice, so no need to roll.

    Gnosis 1 + Space 1 + Path Tool 1 - Horrid Whispers 1 = 2 dice -> 1 success.



    Haberdasher's Requiem Conversions and Homebrew

    Comment


    • Lynx
      You reach out to rescue Ragnar from...whatever it is that he's done to himself. But when you reach out to grab him, your hand simply misses him in a way that you can't wrap your mind around it. It's like trying to catch something out of the water, but the water distorts the light and you can't connect with the target even though it's right in front of your eyes.

      The sudden motion is so unexpected that you lose your balance and fall hard onto the floor. It will take you a moment to stand up and regain your bearings.

      Take the Knocked Down tilt.


      Moonstone
      The room is a whirlwind of action -- both figuratively and, now thanks to Phoenix's simple Forces spell, literally.

      The whispers in the room may not be coming from your own mind, but they dredge up a fraction of a memory of Alux whispering to you from beyond the Abyss -- a memory that gives you chills, because you can't remember anything else about that moment. Almost everything else you experienced across the Iris during the Highstorm was lost to you.

      You wrap Space like a cloak around you, nimbly creating space for you to dance through the chaos without moving too closely to danger, and scan for the ring. All the while, the whispers fill your ears and threaten to tear at your mind.

      Please make a Wits + Composure roll for perception at an additional -1 penalty, due to the general environment in the room right now.


      Ragnar
      Your earlier training with Moonstone must be helping, because now that you are again trapped in the illusion that is physical separation, you're able to overcome the pressure and distractions here to form an Imago of being and seeing in all directions at once.

      The Imago forms, and in an instant, you see the error in your efforts. You didn't need to run away or forward. Distance and directions are Sleeper constructs. You simply needed to relocate. As your spell forms, you see everything around you, inside this home, outside this home, all simultaneously. It's a little difficult to adjust to at first, but from an academic perspective, it's fascinating.

      You may make a Wits + Composure roll for perception, at no additional penalty other than the one for Horrid Whispers.



      Everyone
      The ghostly woman holds up her hands to her head and cries out wordlessly in anguish. But with Moonstone's spell in place, and her command not yet fulfilled, she is unable to leave. She extends a pointed finger into the middle of the room, where some kind of person-sized figure lies on the floor in the center of the room.

      Meanwhile, the death spirits buzz in their swarms on the far side of the room, contributing to the confusing caucophany here. But in response to the presence of new mages, or perhaps to escape the horrible Abyssal whispers, the spirits crawl into the shadows and scurry away, sneaking into cracks or air vents in the floor to escape the room.


      We are just about out of initiative currently, unless someone wants to try and prevent the death spirits from leaving the room. They'll be gone on their next turn.

      Initiative
      Lynx (18): Failed attempt to help Ragnar
      Moonstone (17): Dodge and look for the ring
      Ghostly woman (16): Dodge
      Ragnar (15): The Outward and Inward Eye
      Death spirits (13): Retreat
      --> Ouroboros Ophis (12)
      Fear Goetia (10)
      Phoenix (8)
      Ghostly boy (5)

      Thorbes is up next.


      My Games
      Mage 2E: The Supernal Suburbia (IC / OOC) - Storyteller

      Comment


      • wits 3+composure 4-horrid whispers 1-environment 1: 1 success. thought guilty might apply a -2 composure penalty since you mentioned alux, but it would be a success anyway i think.

        fear goetia does nothing this round except maybe harvest essence, not that it needs any.


        2E Legacy Updates
        Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
        Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
        Storm Keepers

        Comment


        • Ouroboros Ophis
          Mage Sight:
          Active (Matter/Death/Life) | Active Spells: Ghost Shield, Mental Shield, Control Ghost
          Health: ././OOOO | WP: 4/6 | Mana: 9/10 | Wisdom: 7 (Understanding)
          Conditions: None | Tilts: Horrid Whispers (-1 to all rolls) | Beats/Exp: 2/2 | Arc. Beats/Exp: 1/0

          The doctor quickly asses the situation, some of his cabalmates are a bit bruised but nothing inmediately worrying, most are fine and Moonstone's injuries, although the most griveous, are beyond his ability to heal. The spirits have been dealt with, for the time being, thanks to Phoenix's magical prowess and quick thinking. The old man cannot but feel a certain paternal pride at the young man's acomplishments so far, its already the second time he saves the situation when most needed. The ghost woman and child are no longer a danger, bound as they are by Moonstones and the doctor's own magics. The body, then, is what requires his attention.

          He runs towards the center of the room, where the inert figure lies on the floor. He kneels and looks for vitals he doesn't really expect to find and any indication of the possible cause of death.

          Preliminary medical examination: Wits+Medicine-1(Horrid Whispers)=4 Successes


          The voices crawl inside his head as he tries to investigate the body- ShE'ssss DeAd, WhAt A FaiLUre YoU Areeeee. YoU couLDn?t SavE Her, >SamE as YoUr WiFEee-


          I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

          Comment


          • RAGNAR
            Mage Sight: Peripheral
            Active Spells: Exceptional Luck
            Conditions/Tilts: Inspired, Steadfast, Horrid Whispers (-1 to all rolls)
            Health: BOOOOOOO I WP: 3/4 I Mana: 8/10 I Wisdom: 7
            Beats: 0/5 I Arcane Beats: 2/5
            Experiences: 1 I Arcane Experiences: 1


            As the Imago falls into place, Ragnar feels the spatial loop he snared himself in unfold like the petals of a flower, and suddenly, he can see everything: There is no up and down, no obstructions. It's like he's suddenly viewing the world from up above. No, scratch that: it's like he's suddenly seeing everything on the same plane, even stuff stuff below him and above him. For a moment, he's completely distracted from the task at hand as he stands completely still, eyes gazing ahead has he tries to take in the sheer wonder of what he's seeing. There is no "there," he thinks,only an innumerable number of places to call "here." There is no "then," only an innumerable number of moments to call "now." No there and then, just here and now... With a flash of inspiration, he suddenly remembers reading that, if God is omnipresent, that God must be able to observe all places and moments simultaneously. To be a mage is to brush up against what he was raised to regard as the divine. It's both deeply humbling and exhilarating.

            Making that Perception Roll. Wits 2 + Composure 2 - Horrid Whispers 1 = 3 dice -> 1 success.


            Haberdasher's Requiem Conversions and Homebrew

            Comment


            • Prologue: “The Calm Before the Storm”

              You always suspected that there was something more out there, something Beyond the life you knew. There was an itch inside of you that you could never scratch. It haunted you, sometimes made you want to tear your hair out. For those of you fortunate enough to be born here, on some nights when the crazy Chicago storms swelled and rolled by, you swore you could hear, see, even feel something on the edge of your consciousness. Lately, the storms have made you restless. To your family, friends, coworkers, you played it off as just a bad night’s sleep. But inside, you questioned it, and wondered if there was something true to those urban legends about the Windy City being built on the bedrock of chaos.

              Then, one night, a different storm came and changed your life forever. That storm shook your soul and jolted you to consciousness, even for the one who landed on U.S. soil just as the Deathstorm was forming.

              You have Awakened.

              It didn’t happen instantly for all of you. Some of you fitfully Awakened a few hours, or even a few days, later. But each of you changed in the aftermath of that Storm on September 8, 2020.

              The past few weeks have been the most bizarre, but probably the most intensely rewarding, of your lives. It’s not just because the actual experience of Awakening is incredibly strange but inspiring for each mage who survives the process. Since having your eyes opened to the Lie that you have always known, you’ve learned an all-important truth.

              Ignorance is bliss – but so is power.

              You soon met another mage who explained the critical social nature of a mage’s reality: Thrive in numbers, or die in isolation. Some of you, without realizing it, had been involved in a Guardian Labyrinth or a Silver Ladder cryptopoly. Members of those Orders watched closely from a safe distance during your Mystery Play and approached you soon after you scribed your name on your Watchtower. For others, you stumbled across another Pentacle mage who introduced you to mage society and helped guide you to an Order that matched your calling, values, and goals. Eventually, you found the one that best suited you, and you completed your first true rite of passage by completing the initiation tasks set by each Order. With your Order as your new home, you were thrown into studies, drilled on the basics of Paradox, mana, High Speech, and other vital pieces of occult knowledge.

              After learning these basic skills, your mentors instructed you to form a cabal. Seek out other newly Awakened mages, they explained, and form a group that will become your new family. Pick people you feel like you can trust, they told you, because few other bonds in this world are stronger and tighter than those of a cabal. And so you found each other. You’ve only just met each other, although some of you think you’ve crossed paths before in your life. Was that a twist of fate, too, or a Supernal calling?

              You attended your first Consilium meeting last week, an emergency meeting to discuss the gravity of the Deathstorm and its implications for the Greater Chicago Consilium. There, you were introduced to Cielo, the newly elevated Hierarch, and the Councilors for each Path - including Atlas, the Obrimos Mystagogue who had previously served as Hierarch and replaced Prism, a Councilor who had inexplicably died along with 31 other mages in the Deathstorm. Cielo vowed to protect the lives and livelihood of the local Consilium, and promised to mete out swift justice against all who serve the Exarchs or the Abyss or use Left-Handed practices. Various statements from other mages, including an awkward announcement from a mage known as Mathias who admitted defeat in a Duel Arcane to a newly Awakened Nameless mage, have already made it clear that it is very easy to be swept away by political undercurrents here.

              Now you are ready – at least in your mentors’ eyes – to take off your training wheels. What will you do now that the Lie has been lifted from your sight? What Mysteries will you Obsess about and pursue? And what more storms might still be on the horizon?


              My Games
              Mage 2E: The Supernal Suburbia (IC / OOC) - Storyteller

              Comment


              • Chapter 1: “Distant Rumbles”
                Saturday, October 3, 2020. Mid-morning. Two and a half weeks after the Deathstorm.

                Caliginosa
                At around 7 am, you receive a set of short text messages on your prepaid phone, the one you reserve for the cabal and Guardian business only. It matches a number that your new mentor, Valentine, gave to you.

                Callie, I need to meet with you and your cabal. Today. Not an emergency but it’s urgent. I’ve contacted the rest of them, but make sure they come.

                The next message includes an address that a quick Google Maps search shows as some random house near the intersection of US-34 and Madison Avenue, a block or two west of Trader Joe’s in downtown La Grange.

                Meet at 11 am. Call this number when you’re all at the front door. Keep an eye out for trouble. Stay safe.


                Everyone Else
                Shortly after 7 am, you receive a series of short texts from an unknown number. The sender identifies himself as Valentine, whom you know as Caliginosa’s mentor within the Guardians and also one of the two Sentinels in the Greater Chicago Consilium.

                In his messages, Valentine instructs you to meet up with the rest of your cabal at 11 am sharp at an address he sends to you. It appears to be a nondescript house near downtown La Grange.


                I'd like everyone to include in their first post a description of what you would do in the morning before gathering with the cabal. For any spells you cast, please make a roll for the spell as usual (see the OOC thread on page 1 for info about posting and rolling conventions).
                Last edited by rwknoll; 11-23-2020, 07:10 AM. Reason: Fixed the date. Thanks Lynx!


                My Games
                Mage 2E: The Supernal Suburbia (IC / OOC) - Storyteller

                Comment


                • Caliginosa
                  Mage Sight: Peripheral | Conditions: None | Spells: Supernal Vision (+all paranormal)
                  Health: OOOOOOO | Willpower: 5/5 | Mana: 11/11
                  Conditions: None | Tilts: None | Beats/Exp: 0/0 | Arc. Beats/Exp: 0/0
                  Michelle - Candace to the mailman and her landlady, Caliginosa to the truth of the world - wasn't woken up by the text message; she'd already been blearily sipping at a bleak mug of cheap instant coffee since waking up shortly after the sun rose to shine in her eyes through the threadbare curtains of her window a half hour before. Best to be awake for what the day might throw at her, according to her mentor. Even if her professions - temporal and mystical - were both best plied at night. A midday nap would usually be enough if she needed to work late.

                  And so she starts texting the others, with variations of

                  Hey, you gonna be there?

                  The meeting time gives her plenty to weave a spell to hint towards whatever weirdness she might encounter during the day. Invisibility would be awkward, and she wasn't expecting to head right to a job after the meet anyway. She wears her long robe and signature silver wig as she slowly works the magic into a dusting of her smoky grey eyeshadow, chanting all the while, before applying it.

                  By the time it gets close to the meeting, she's switched to her grey hoodie to blend in more on the street as she makes her way on foot.

                  Supernal Vision
                  Primary Spell Factor:
                  Potency
                  Target: Self
                  Potency: 1
                  Duration: Day (-2 Dice, 1 Reach)
                  Casting Time: Ritual
                  Yantras: High Speech, Shadow Name
                  Base Dice Pool: Gnosis 2 + Prime 1 + Shadow Name 3 + High Speech 2- Duration 2 = 6
                  Reaches: +1 Advanced Duration, +1 Detect other supernatural sources -1 base = 1

                  Paradox Dice Pool: 1
                  Release/Contain: Contained
                  Roll for Paradox: paradox contained: 1d10h8 0
                  Roll for Wisdom: n/a

                  Spellcasting Roll: spellcasting roll - supernal vision: 6d10h8 2

                  Last edited by squidheadjax; 11-23-2020, 08:57 PM.

                  Comment


                  • Lynx


                    Mage Sight: Peripheral | Conditions: None | Spells: Body Control (Potency 5, 1 Week)
                    Health: OOOOOOOO | Willpower: 5/5 | Mana: 11/11
                    Tilts: None |3 Beats/Exp: 1/0 | Arc. Beats/Exp: 0/0

                    Morning had come early. Always did. He'd managed to finish his Body Control spell without much difficulty before he headed out into the Bemis Woods for his morning walk, just to shake off those last drops of sleep that clung to him. Not that he was particularly tired these days, but it was good routine. Raven had approved of it. Midway through his wanderings, the hour broke, and then the message arrived.

                    Valentine...

                    Lynx bristled.

                    Mastigos, Sentinel, right? Why'd he want us?

                    He pondered for a bit as he leaned on a nearby tree, drinking in the morning, as he googled a map over La Grange. He'd gotten to know many a path through the Bemis Woods, sure, but the suburbs themselves were still a mess of street names that he'd yet get accustomed too. The size of it all contrasted his home village in scope, and the suburban jungle was not quite as alluring as the woods. Yet.

                    With a sign and a smile, he was about to pocket the phone when another message came through.

                    Hey, you gonna be there?

                    Morn! I assume you mean where Val asked us to be? If so, yes! How're you today? Did you sleep well? Did you sleep at all?

                    Lynx sent the message without a second thought as he pocketed his phone. Still another couple of hours before 11am. Breakfast would probably hold for the rest of the week, but instinct told him that it might be smart to eat something. Just in case.

                    Man vet jo aldri...

                    He returned to his apartment to grab a quick bite - some crispbread with butter and cheese, simple enough - before he went over his schedule. Lessons at 10 am. Group project at 1 pm. He texted the unknown number back, assuming Valentine would be on the other end.

                    How long will this meeting last?

                    It didn't really matter how long it'd last, though. Lynx knew that. He sent a warning to his teacher and his study group, informing them that he might not show due to reasons. He went through his studies for about half an hour before he set off to Downtown La Grange. The suburbs were a mess of street names. Might as well get accustomed to them now.
                    Translations & Spellcasting Rolls



                    Translations

                    Man vet jo aldri... - You never know...

                    Body Control
                    Primary Spell Factor: Duration
                    Target: Self
                    Potency: 5 (-8)
                    Duration: 1 week (Base)
                    Casting Time: Instant
                    Yantras: High Speech, Rote
                    Base Dice Pool: Gnosis 2 + Life 3 + High Speech 2 + Rote 3 - Potency 5
                    Reaches: +1 Advanced Duration, +1 Instant, +2 to halve healing time for lethal
                    Free Reaches: 4
                    Total Reaches used: 4

                    Paradox Dice Pool: 0

                    Spellcasting Roll: Body Control - 2d10o9h7: 0 [2d10o9h7=2, 3]

                    Spellcasting failed, defaulting to Take 1 due to no paradox risk.
                    OOC notes



                    Hot damn I forgot how tricky this used to be. Good fun.

                    IRL, 3rd of October is a Saturday, not a Friday, but wrote the post as though it was Friday.

                    It's also been a while since I played Mage, so if I fuck up the numbers, apologies in advance. For some reason, it's harder for me to do the maths on a forum than IRL.

                    Text message font: Times New Roman 14
                    Last edited by Kvitebjørn Kong Valemon; 11-23-2020, 05:20 AM.


                    Character Sheet: Oscar "Lynx" Dalgren

                    Comment


                    • Caliginosa
                      Mage Sight: Peripheral | Conditions: None | Spells: Supernal Vision (+all paranormal)
                      Health: OOOOOOO | Willpower: 5/5 | Mana: 11/11
                      Conditions: None | Tilts: None | Beats/Exp: 0/0 | Arc. Beats/Exp: 0/0
                      Originally posted by Kvitebjørn Kong Valemon View Post
                      With a sign and a smile, he was about to pocket the phone when another message came through.

                      Hey, you gonna be there?

                      Morn! I assume you mean where Val asked us to be? If so, yes! How're you today? Did you sleep well? Did you sleep at all?

                      Lynx sent the message without a second thought as he pocketed his phone. Still another couple of hours before 11am. Breakfast would probably hold for the rest of the week, but instinct told him that it might be smart to eat something. Just in case.
                      Yes exactly, getting by, better than in a while, not long enough. Truth be told, she does somewhat miss the schedule of debauchery and stealing at night and sleeping all day, but... there were other problems with that.

                      Comment


                      • Morganna

                        Mage Sight: Peripheral | Conditions: None| Spells: Pierce Deception (Potency 1, Duration 1 day).
                        Health: OOOOOOO | Willpower: 5/6 | Mana: 11/11
                        Tilts: None | Beats/Exp: 1/0 | Arc. Beats/Exp: 0/0


                        Ugh, Viv said that wizards do things differently. So somebody with a burner phone was sending messages without encryption. Well good for him, the FBI, and any lawyer who could get a subpoena for the texts -- not to mention everyone else who might have a way to listen in. Making matters worse, whoever sent the text was either a morning person or had been up all night. Both possibilities were disturbing. "Keep your eye out for trouble." Well from the meeting last week trouble seemed to come calling, but still if you had to look out for trouble you had probably already made a mess of a job.

                        Ok first things first. Quick text to Viv, "Somebody who says they are Valentine wants to meet later today. I'll keep you posted." We told people at the company to always make sure somebody knew where you were going when you went on a sales call. Since Viv's friends could see through time and space, hopefully, that would be enough - or she'd call.

                        As for Mr. Mystery caller, Texts never die. Next time call. Will be there.

                        Breathe, stop freaking out. You've done things like this before, not with people who control the fabric of the universe, but you've done this time of thing before. Don't freak out about some strange text.

                        Time to get some, good looking, backup. Hope he was awake and not hungover. Picking up her cell phone and cycling through contacts,

                        "Lynx this is Morg. Somebody from the Concilium wants to meet at eleven today. Did you get the same message? Can I pick you up on the way?"

                        Spells. God so strange to think like that, not that everyone doesn't have some superstitions about a job. This stuff actually works.

                        Focusing sheer will Morganna briefly shown brightly forging a path through darkness of the Abyss. As undescribable things beyond began to intrude her soul stood before the screaming darkness and shouted "I stand against you today, I stand against you tomorrow and for the rest of my existence. BE GONE! " And in a blaze of light the darkness was gone. The memory quickly fading in Morganna's mind other than the vague feeling that she had just done something brave.

                        Welp, time to get cleaned up and game face on. With luck, there was enough time to grab a quick breakfast at Wendy's. Looking down at a little red string around her finder, oh yeah and pickup a scout uniform from the cleaners on the way.




                        Pierce Deception
                        Primary Spell Factor: Duration
                        Type: Praxis
                        Target: Self
                        Potency: 1
                        Duration: 1 day
                        Casting Time: Instant
                        Yantras: Shadow Name, Dedicated Tool
                        Base Dice Pool: Gnosis 2 + Prime 1 + Shadow Name (3) + Dedicated Tool (1) + WIllpower (+3) -2 (duration) 9 (oops! 8)
                        Reaches: +1 Advanced Duration, +1 Instant, +1 See a Symbol of the Truth
                        Free Reaches: 0
                        Total Reaches used: 3

                        Paradox Dice Pool: 1 (Containing Paradox)

                        Casting Roll Praxis First POst: 9d10 48 Sorry learning the roller the dice are, [9d10=8, 7, 2, 6, 5, 9, 4, 2, 5]
                        -And I miscount and roll one too many dice. Dropping the 5 from the end does not change the result.

                        2 Successes so a crit success with a Praxis.

                        Paradox Roll:

                        Paradox Roll: 1#1d10 6

                        No Paradox this time.

                        Resolving pickup scout uniform Aspiration for one beat and replacing with get backup for the meeting.





                        "
                        Last edited by DrSteve; 11-24-2020, 02:02 AM.

                        Comment


                        • Lynx




                          Mage Sight: Peripheral | Conditions: None | Spells: Body Control (Potency 5, 1 Week)
                          Health: OOOOOOOO | Willpower: 5/5 | Mana: 11/11
                          Tilts: None |3 Beats/Exp: 1/0 | Arc. Beats/Exp: 0/0


                          Originally posted by squidheadjax View Post
                          Yes exactly, getting by, better than in a while, not long enough.
                          Glad you're sleeping better! Didn't have too bad a night myself either. Were you awake when Val messaged you? Do you have any clue what it's about?

                          Lynx grinned to himself as he sent his message. Before he had time to put down his phone, he received a call.


                          Originally posted by DrSteve View Post
                          "Lynx this is Morg. Somebody from the Concilium wants to meet at eleven today. Did you get the same message? Can I pick you up on the way?"
                          "Yeah, I got the same message. Don't know if I need a lift, am thinking of walking there and exploring the region a bit! Though I might get lost in the suburban jungle if I do, so probably best if you do pick me up. Did have a time in mind?"
                          Last edited by Kvitebjørn Kong Valemon; 11-30-2020, 04:44 AM.


                          Character Sheet: Oscar "Lynx" Dalgren

                          Comment


                          • Caliginosa
                            As you finish your ritualistic incantation, you feel your Imago settle upon your eyes and eyeshadow, and you sense that you will be able to call upon this spell to open your third eye and glimpse the Supernal unfolding around you.

                            Because this spell normally has an immediate effect that allows you to ask questions equal to Potency of a subject at the time of casting, per the rules about duration on p. 113 of the Mage 2E corebook, I will say that once every 3 hours until the spell ends, you can study a person, place, or location for one turn and ask one question using the normal questions from the spell listing on p. 166.


                            Lynx
                            With instructions drilled into you from Raven soon after your initiation into the Mysterium, you stumble a bit with casting your rote but manage to pull it off well enough. An electric-like energy courses through your veins as you feel more alive.

                            When you text Valentine back, you unfortunately get no additional response.

                            This doesn’t matter for this post, but it looks like you used the wrong dice expression for your spellcasting roll. “2d10o9h7” means that it will roll 2 dice, reroll 9s and 10s, and anything 7 or higher counts as a success. This was used in some older World of Darkness systems. In Chronicles of Darkness, only 10s are rerolled by default, and anything 8 or higher counts as a success. The simplest expression is “Xd10h8”, which will roll X dice and automatically assumes that 10s reroll.


                            Morganna
                            Vivian sends only a cursory response: Ok. This isn’t out of the ordinary for her, especially when she is preoccupied with something, but she usually does respond. Valentine, perhaps unsurprisingly, does not respond to your text.

                            You assert your will upon the world, drawing power from Pandemonium, and your spell easily snaps into place.

                            For dice rolls, as noted above for Lynx, use the expression “Xd10h8” for standard rolls that reroll on 10s and hit on 8, 9, or 10. FYI, Praxes are only considered exceptional successes on 3 successes, not 2.

                            As far as aspirations go, these are meant to be significant efforts spent in a scene on accomplishing a task that your character (or you as the player) want to make happen. As noted in the OOC thread, you can only earn 1 Beat from completing aspirations per scene. I would rather wait to award you the Beat until you actually complete the task of picking up the clothes, which requires at least some effort on your part. If you would rather replace it now for free and just start with a new aspiration, let me know.
                            Last edited by rwknoll; 11-25-2020, 10:18 PM.


                            My Games
                            Mage 2E: The Supernal Suburbia (IC / OOC) - Storyteller

                            Comment


                            • I tell Lynx I'll pick him up at ten unless he wants to meet earlier for breakfast (Morganna called, did not text) and look at Valentine's text with pierce deception active.

                              Comment


                              • Morganna
                                When you view the text message through the lens of your lie-detecting spell, you are reassured to see that every word in Valentine’s message, brief as it may be, is true. You sense no falsehood in his message.


                                My Games
                                Mage 2E: The Supernal Suburbia (IC / OOC) - Storyteller

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X