Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ouroboros Ophis
    Active Sight (Death, Life, Matter)
    | Active Spells: Exceptional Luck, Ephemeral Shield (Potency 1, 1 Month), Body Control (Potency 3, 1 Week)
    Health: OOOOOO | WP: 5/6 | Mana: 9/10 | Wisdom: 7 (Understanding)
    Conditions: Charmed, Steadfast, 1x(9-Again) | Tilts: None

"Oh, Christ..." he murmurs at the sight of the butchered corpse. "There's nothing we can do for her" he tells the others "She is dead" He gets up and pinches his frown, like he is having a sudden headache. "I...I have an idea of what happened here, though I hope I am wrong" He shows you all the markings in the floor, doors and furniture, leading to the office "Be careful. We probably should call for backup, this is beyond our experience"

Further Investigating the corpse: Intelligence (4) + Medicine (3) + Specialty (diagnosis) 9-Again (Asset Skill) = 6 Successes!
    Perception: Wits (2) + Composure (4) 9-again (Exceptional Luck, 1 use left) =5 Successes!

I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

Comment

Simurgh
      Active Sight: Life, Spirit| Active Spell(s): Shadow Walk: duration until late morning 10 September 2016, CW +2 (5); Ephemeral Shield: duration until afternoon 10 Oktober 2016, CW +4 (7);
      Health: OOOOOOO | WP: 3/5 | Mana: 10/10 | Wisdom: 7 (Understanding)
      Conditions: Charmed | Tilts: None
      Beats: 1/5| Arcane Beats: 0/5

Well, this got out of hand very quickly.

"How about we confirm it? Ask her ghost, scry to the moment of her death, look for spirit witnesses..."

Activate Mage Sight: Life & Spirit
      MS is roughly equal parts visual, auditory and olfactory. Spirit leans towards hearing, Life towards scent, Prime towards vision.
      Last edited by Tambov; 08-28-2016, 10:28 AM. Reason: Clarified sences

Simurgh, Mysterium Thyrsus in Mountains of Shadow (IC|OOC)

Comment

Dr Luck
        Peripheral Sight | Active Spell(s): Exceptional Luck
        Health: OOOOOOO | WP: 6/6 | Mana: 11/13 | Wisdom: 7
        Conditions:Charmed, Steadfast | Tilts: None

Dr Luck, upon learning that she was dead and nothing could be done for her, stood, walked to the wall, leaned back against the wall and sank to his knees. There was a tear dropping down his face. He had lost. The pain of the loss would be with him forever. The woman was dead.

The question was why. Why had this woman been brutally attacked and killed? He didn' t know the answer to that puzzle, but he would find out. He could do nothing for the woman now save find out why she died.

He listened to the other members of his cabal.

Comment

Ouroboros Ophis
          You manage to set aside your emotions to conduct a clinical postmortem analysis of the victim's wounds. You may not be a medical examiner by trade, but between your medical training and newfound understanding of the Death Arcanum, you begin to piece together an expert autopsy. Doing so has the unintended benefit of helping you to subdue your emotional distress by focusing on your professional training.

With your expert knowledge and keen eye, studying the body confirms that the victim passed away due to severe lacerations to her internal organs and blood vessels, including her aorta and lungs. Without more time and the proper equipment (or spell), you can't confirm for sure, but the most likely cause of death would be massive cardiovascular trauma combined with severe blood loss. She has a dislocated jaw with contusions around her mouth. Her arms, upper torso, and face have multiple lacerations as well, suggesting defensive wounds from a very strong and capable aggressor. Upon closer inspection, you can tell from the shape and coloration of her skin that some of the wounds were inflicted postmortem.

After inspecting the body, you start to inspect the immediate areas around the body and the rest of the house. Combined with the autopsy, you're able to piece together more parts of the puzzle here.

The lacerations on Jill's body appear to be from some kind of claw marks, such as from a large animal. There are similar marks all around the hallway and office, including the hallway wallpaper, the upholstery on a nearby chair, and the doorframe connecting the hallway with the office. Most marks are at or above your eye level, suggesting that the creature or person who made these marks was quite large -- larger than an average human. Jill's spine is snapped in the lower thoracic region, and her left femur is crushed; you know that it would take a great deal of strength to cause such injuries. All of your information points to a single but very powerful, aggressive assailant that Jill had no hope to face herself.

I'm giving you a lot of extra detail because both of those rolls were exceptional successes. You gain a positive Condition of your choice that fits the situation, such as Informed, Inspired, Steadfast, etc.

Simurgh
          You open your Sight and let the scene wash over you. You quickly pick up the scents that you associate with living human beings, but none other than the ones you already recognize as your cabalmates. To your Spirit Sight, you see the thin greyish veil that stands as a barrier between this world and the Shadow. The Gauntlet is relatively thinner here than near the city, but not absent or razor-thin as it sometimes is when those Irises form around the Denver region.

At first blush, you don't immediately see or hear any spirits, so there aren't any manifested spirits here. You do, however, here whispers and scuttling sounds; looking closer reveals several small cloud-like spirits with dark red eyes in Twilight. The best way you can describe them is some kind of anger or blood spirits. You hear quiet undercurrents of angry, dissonant tones, suggesting a dark resonance of negative emotions. The spirits seem to be feeding on that resonance.

Dr. Luck and Spider
          Still waiting for this from Spider, but you're both welcome to make Perception rolls (Wits + Composure) to try and learn more about the scene -- or do anything else to figure out what's going on.
          Last edited by rwknoll; 09-12-2016, 07:04 PM. Reason: Clarified that spirits are in the material world

My Games
          Mage 2E: The Supernal Suburbia (IC / OOC) - Storyteller

Comment

Ouroboros Ophis
            | Active Spells: Exceptional Luck, Ephemeral Shield (Potency 1, 1 Month), Body Control (Potency 3, 1 Week)
            Conditions: Charmed, Steadfast, Inspired 1x(9-Again) | Tilts: None

The doctor goes near the sobbing writer and puts a hand on his shoulder-"It is ok, son. You did everything you could, no one could have saved her, is not your fault. Get up, we will need everybody with a clear mind and a keen eye to solve this. There is still much good you can do for that woman, even after her tragic demise"-he tries to cheer him up-"For what I could gather from the... body, she seems to have been attacked by a single, very big and strong animal. Were we living anywhere else I would have inmediately suggested a bear of some kind, but given our line of work... I think it was a werewolf. Some of the wounds are post-mortem, wich points to a state of frenzied aggression. If the creature is still around we could very well end up like this poor lady here."-He coughs and straightens his clothes-"Furthermore, I suspect our werewolf killer and the missing daughter could be one and the same. Note that she will be confused and afraid, and will need a lot of support. I am not sure if she will remeber any of this, and is probably best to avoid telling her".

Comment

Dr Luck
              Peripheral Sight | Active Spell(s): Exceptional Luck
              Health: OOOOOOO | WP: 6/6 | Mana: 11/13 | Wisdom: 7
              Conditions:Charmed, Steadfast | Tilts: None

"Thank you Ouroboros, I wanted the woman to be able to survive. If I knew more time magic it may have been possible. But unfortunately I arrived too late. Damn this angers me. But you are right, we must deal now with the cards we have been dealt."

Doctor Luck stands. He then looks around the room slowly looking for clues. He was looking for signs of a werewolf. The others were searching their own way, but Dr Luck used a blessing of luck to help him find clues to what he was looking for. It would only last for a short time, but it would make finding information on the werewolf much more likely.

Comment

Ouroboros Ophis
                Conditions: Charmed, Steadfast, Inspired 1x(9-Again) | Tilts: None

"Son, I need you to do something if you think you can handle it. Do you think you could look into the past to see exactly what happened here, and perhaps where the attacker went? I understand if you are weary to see this horrible scene, so I will not press the issue, but it will be a great help"-he says to Dr.Luck, helping him stand up-"I will take a look trough the house, be careful"-he pushes Mana into his pattern, activating the Life Attainment that reinforces his skin and hones his reflexes and goes searching, following the trail of claw marks.

Comment

Working...
                X