[IC]A Cycle Unending

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

William St. John

William turns to Raul, "Luckily for us the meeting is in a cemetery, there are likely plenty of spirits we can put to use. I agree that we should leave tomorrow, the sooner we arrive in Nottingham the more time we have to gather information. When we get there we might be able to glean some information about other possible buyers by looking into new arrivals. Perhaps the locals can be persuaded to provide additional information on this Gord which could lead to information about who he is acting as middleman for. Any other thoughts gentlemen?"

Comment

"I think that settles things for now. Any of you gentlemen could use a refreshment, perhaps? Otherwise we could consider this meeting done and start planning things for tomorrow"

I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

Comment

"As I said there are accommodations here that you can use, they even have secure communications if you need to reach anyone. I am not sure that you want to explain your presence in Edinburgh to the prince there."

Comment

Raul Abrantes

Raul nods and says "Yes, I think no additional conclusions are needed for now. Do you mind, gentlemen, if I book a train ride to Nottingham and a resting place for tomorrow?" If not met with objections, he adds "Then it's settled. If you excuse me, I had a long journey from America and require some rest".

He doesn't, however, go to his room immediately. Instead, his forst stop is a library, where he stays for a while, reading and searching for any topic that seems of particular interest to his host. Then he uses this "secure communication" channel to send a message to his sire:

"Dunsirn is looking for a haven of Thomas Camden, a fabled Necromancer with obscure ties to the Giovanni. Contacted a neonate Nosferatu in Nottingham and scheduled a meeting there in three nights. He sent us - me, and one member of St. John and his own family each - to conclude the deal. I will write if I learn anything more and do my best to ensure a fair part of knowledge stored in the pursued location finds its way to our vaults. Until then, any information on this "Camden" might prove extremely useful.

Yours,
          R.A."

He doesn't expect an answer right away, possibly in two or even three nights. With this thought, and having completed all formalities regarding transportation and accomodation in Nottingham, he falls into daysleep.

Comment

William St. John

Addressing the elder Dunsirn, "Very well its not as if we have any intention of remaining here for any length of time as it stands now." Turning back to the assembled group. "I agree with Mr. Abrantes, I cannot think of any other conclusions we can reach here. Until we get to Nottingham our information is limited, so I will see you on the morrow." William heads to the accommodations and spends the rest of the evening going over the exchanges since this endeavor may require some expensive tools depending on how this meeting goes, and a little extra capital would be very useful. At the end of the evening he drifts into slumber, dreaming of the various secrets that could lie within the crypt of such an ancient necromancer.

Comment

Just before you leave the next day, the servant of the Dunsirn elder stops you. "Mr Dunsirn wished yo inform you that another will meet you in Nottingham. Mr Rosselini will be fully briefed before you arrive." the servant gives you a phone number to contact him.

Comment

The train ride to Nottingham takes a good portion of night. On route you receive a text from the number for the fourth member of the team. "will meet at train station."

The train ride is uneventful and the train is basically empty.

The station in Nottingham is basically completely empty when you arrive. There is a well dressed man leaning against the side of the main building.

Comment

Raul Abrantes

Raul is noticeably nervous about how empty and quiet the station is. Might be an ambush. Might be nothing. And there was this Rosselini fellow: could it be the man standing before them? Ultimately, he decided to take a moment to look for any threats lurking in the dark, be it an inanimate trap or an attacker from the shadows.*

If nothing suspicious presents itself, he approaches the well-dressed man and says:
                  - Good evening, my friend. Are you looking for something... or someone?

*[An OOC Note: not sure if this whole "spotting an ambush" thing requires a roll. so I didn't make one, plus you never said how will we resolve such situations]

[Edit: A roll was made, scoring 1 success]
                  Last edited by Woland; 09-21-2016, 04:21 PM.

Comment

For dice rolling everyone should just do their own rolling and post the results. The only people that suffer if you cheat is you.

If you are looking for an ambush make a perception alertness roll.

Comment

Wallace walks directly to the well dressed man standing in the otherwise empty train station with a speed incongruent with his considerable mass. -"Mr. Rossellini, I presume?"- he tends a big, fat hand to the man as greeting.- "I am Wallace Dunsirn, and these gentlemen here are Mr. Raul Abrantes and Mr. William St. John. We weren't said much about yourself, Mr Rossellini, are you also part of the family?

I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

Comment

-Noticing the train's arrival, Aflie pushes off the wall, checks his cuffs and ring as he walks towards the exiting doors, having been briefed to meet the 3 individuals he had been told about-

-He stops a agreeable, non-threatening distance away from the group and gives a curt nod with a smile on his face, responding to the one known as Raul Abrantes-

-Standing before you all, is well dressed, fashion-sensible rather attractive man, with a permanent even tan, as if hed been somewhere abroad before his embrace, and leaving his wavy blond hair golden against his skin. His eyes are remarkable for what appear to be large pupils, but are actually grey sclera instead of normal white. You notice, almost purposely the signet ring of the Rossellini family that he wears-

"Indeed, good sir! I am looking for someone's to be exact, and it looks by the descriptions, that I have found them..." -He says as he extends his hand, in a gesture of good faith.-

-Looking over at the rather large fellow who towers over him, responding to his query he simply smiles, winks a single eye and points a 'Bullseye' gesture to Wallace...-

"You got it, Mr. Dunsirn, unfortunately that seems par for the course on both our parts... The powers that be have told me little of yourselves, other than to expect three dapper and proper looking gents at this station, at this rough exact time" -He gestures with etiqeutte looking at his nice Swiss watch, while shaking or not shaking Raul's hand, if it was accepted, should it not be accepted, he switches to Wallace for the handshake, or whoever accepts it-

Comment

William St. John

William takes the hand offered and shakes it. The two things you notice are that he is incredibly pale, and his hand is cool to the touch, both of which unnaturally so. "William St. John, I believe we can get better acquainted as we discuss our business when we get settled." William steps aside to let anyone else greet the man, and he addresses the group. "I took the liberty of renting a few adjoining rooms at the Park Hotel Nottingham which is roughly 1 km (half mile) from the Church Rock Cemetery." He pulls out his phone and looks up something up. "Excellent the rooms I have rented are ready, if any of you should need a place to stay, I've rented enough rooms for all of us in case our work precluded us from returning to other accommodations within a reasonable time." William then waits to see what else anyone has to say as well as if they take him up on his offer.

Comment

Raul Abrantes

Raul accepts the handshake of the well-dressed man and says:
                            -Well met, mister Rosselini. Are you from around these parts, by any chance? Oh, and... I don't think I caught your name.

Noticing the stranger's black eyes Raul did his best to appear unmoved, although he is not certain if he had succeeded. He couldn't shake the feeling that someone is one step ahead of them and that trouble is afoot. Regardless, he decided to remain calm and, as William mentioned the rented rooms, he replied:
                            - A good idea. We should retire to our rooms and plan our course of action there. We are too exposed here for my taste.

Saying that, Raul began looking for a cab or any other means of low-profile transportation.

Comment

Introductions made, the group gets a pair of cabs to the hotel. It is hardly a great place, but it will do for a few nights. You still have a couple hours before sunrise.

In case it matters, the local "Prince", Bartholomew Bates, holds court every Thursday night at Propaganda. Visitors passing through are supposed to check in with his sheriff/ seneschal/ second in command Roger Stevens an hour after dark the first full night they are in town at the same location.

Comment

Raul Abrantes

Raul places a suitcase containing his personal belongings in one of the rooms, looks over everyone present and begins to speak in a fashion that can only be compared to a coach, addressing his team just before the game starts. Only that the other vampires are hardly "his" and hardly a "team" just yet. He chose to wave that away, hoping this will not turn into a leadership contest.

- So, my fellow conspirators... it seems that now, away form prying eyes we can discuss what exactly are we planning to do in the coming nights. I, for one, am going to visit the cemetery in which we are to meet our contact and get the feel of the place, perhaps even ask the local denizens a question or two. Tomorrow night, I suggest we carouse at least a little in the Prince's court, as is customary in this domain - the last thing that we want is an overzealous Sheriff breathing down our necks because we didn't observe some obscure tradition. Additionally, we could wrangle some information from the other Cainites there and see what are the poilitics all about in this city, as dull as this may be. I get the feeling we will be staying here for a while. With that in mind, I also plan to seek out the local community of mortal occultists... however misguided, they may possess some useful information or provide assistance. If nothing else, they could serve as vessels to gains sustenance from. I am ready to take your suggestions, gentlement. Let's make these nights count.

He finishes with a smile, waiting for response from his companions.

Comment

Working...
                                X