No announcement yet.

[OOC] (Promethean: The Created 2E) Muddy Waters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adonis' sheet is updated to reflect his purchase of the Brute Force Style dots. I'll keep the Experiences I have for later. I'm going to try out Stalker and Assimilate, decide which one of those I want to Calcify. I didn't realize one of a Refinement's Transmutations was unique, so I think I want to preserve one of the Deception Alembics. Those things will be nice, especially if Adonis gets sneaky at some point.

Haberdasher's Requiem Conversions and Homebrew

Comment

• Mark 5's updated Sheet. Spend the 3 physical merit points (2 Brute Force and 1 Parkour) and calcified Unbroken, unlocking Unbowed in the process.

Keeping xp for now.
      Arcanist However, I noticed that on my uploaded sheet, there are only 2 aspirations. Did I somehow miss one?^^" If there's nothing in your notes, I'd like to take "Defeat a powerful foe", because three are obviously better.
      Last edited by Wormwood; 03-16-2017, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• Cuprum's going to an interesting match for Earth. She's going from moody, angry Tammuz to quiet, subdued Tammuz. And oh Lordy, I almost feel bad for this poor woman. She doesn't stand a chance against everything Adonis is throwing at her. And of course Adonis decided to go for flirting because why on earth wouldn't he? I'm thinking I might pick up a Skill specialty in Subterfuge, just so he can get a little bit more milage out of the Eris persistent ability.

Comment

• Originally posted by Haberdasher View Post
          why on earth wouldn't he?
          Why would he flirt on Earth? :P Careful word choice, Haberdasher. I believe fandoms ship people when things like this get said.

Comment

• Casual note for the booming Muddy Waters fandom that Earth is very, very gay and has probably sworn off Muses for a while anyway

2E Legacy Updates
            Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
            Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
            Storm Keepers

Comment

• Pfff, small things like facts have never gone in the fandom's way!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wormwood View Post
                Pfff, small things like facts have never gone in the fandom's way!
                I believe the appropriate term is 'alternative facts' now. :P

Comment

• Originally posted by Caladriu View Post
                  Casual note for the booming Muddy Waters fandom that Earth is very, very gay and has probably sworn off Muses for a while anyway
                  That doesn't bother Adonis any, since he's strictly into humans. It hasn't come up yet (maybe a little bit with the scene where Adonis asked to see Scout's disfigurements) but when it comes to other Created, he's very clinical. To him, humans are beautiful because a) he was created to find humans, or at least women, attractive, and b) they are the ideal that he strives to achieve, and he feels like finding another Created attractive might constitute a step back on the Pilgrimage, if not in reality than certainly in spirit.

And Earth's probably right to avoid Muses for the time being, seeing as how the resident Muse is currently on an "evil Vulcan" kick right now.
                  Last edited by Haberdasher; 03-18-2017, 08:09 AM.

Comment

• I got nothin' for right now. Maybe a minor fulfillment of Alienated for hanging back and brooding while the others help each other?

2E Legacy Updates
                    Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
                    Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
                    Storm Keepers

Comment

• Haberdasher so, a little complication has arisen for Adonis, in that the police cadet (Katerina) has recognized his Famous Face. On the other hand, you also got a Double Exceptional Success, which is pretty freaking awesome, so have a Beat for that.

Caladriu I'd accept that. Take the Beat!

ArchonAres I am really, really glad you decided to call the rebis/Scout's Azoth Olmec. Because that gives me full license to start bleeding a whole bunch of twisted High Weirdness stuff into the story that will be foreshadowing later story twists.

Wormwood Dusksage the update is written! If there's any actions you'd like to take, now would be the time, because this more or less wraps the Chapter for now. For Dusksage this includes reacting to the Elpis Vision and possibly rolling to interpret it.

As an address to everyone, how big of a time skip are you thinking for the next Chapter? Are there any Extended Actions you'd like to get done in some downtime? The next Chapter will be focusing on Scout, who I presume will be chasing after answers within due to the interaction with the rebis and all that weirdness, and Adonis, who will have to deal with the Callous Condition and/or move forwards with the Erwin/Amalgama plot. Besides, Earth and Adonis still need to have a talk.

My Homebrew Hub

Comment

• And a little Insight into Mark 5's mind.

I think I'd like my tammuz investigate some in the downtime, possibly trying to bring the IP Business to an (bloodless) end. And brooding about how to Atone and make up For His crime.

Comment

• I almost went with the pun name, but I decided it didn't feel right for Scout. I did some research after that on Mexican natives, and found out that vulcanization was invented by the Olmec, who invented early rubber. I thought it fitting since vulcanization is one of the Quicksilver transmutation

Comment

• ArchonAres are you particularly familiar with Mesoamerican civilizations and religion? That will start to become important later on. And we'll start getting into the setting stuff I mentioned to you over PM way back when the game was first starting. Which means we have starting finding The PlotTM

Haberdasher I don't think that Katerina can have two instances of the Swooning Condition tied to Adonis, so I think the Connected (Katerina) Persistent Condition would be suitable here. It basically gives you a free Contact Merit (much like Erwin) that is at risk of crashing and burning if you're too abrasive or burn your bridges. Also, if you've Calcified Eros, then you can choose another Mesmerism Alembic. Given Adonis' current Callous state, may I suggest the Penthos Alembic? It's absolutely vile in a delicious way.

My Homebrew Hub

Comment

• Arcanist I'll take Connected. That way, Adonis has a contact with the police. Man, Adonis is just forming this nifty little web of influence. A contact within Amalgama, a fangirl in the police...

I think we've discussed Calcified Alembics before. My reading is that you just lock it in so that you don't lose access to it when you change Refinement, and not that you pick up a new one. Since Adonis has mastered one Role and is working on another, he has two Alembics each from his two transmutations. That said, Penthos would be a great choice at some point, especially if he winds up going Cobalus.

Also, I'm intrigued by that little mention of The Plot. It implies that there may be a road trip over the US-Mexico border in the future.

Comment

• As Arcanist stared already, that would be Spending two precious vxp without immediate gain. Also, wasn't one of the developers on record somewhere in the forum that that would not be fair, xp wise?

Comment

Working...
                                X