[OOC] (Promethean: The Created 2E) Muddy Waters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wormwood View Post
    As Arcanist stared already, that would be Spending two precious vxp without immediate gain. Also, wasn't one of the developers on record somewhere in the forum that that would not be fair, xp wise?
    I would need a link for that. Mind you, I decided to Calcify Eros at character creation so that Adonis would always have it, because I decided it would be useful for him to have and kind of integral to his identity as a character. This way, he's not short a Beat or two when he's ready to move out of Aurum and wants to Calcify one or two Alembics. Bad RP/metagaming? Maybe, but there's nothing saying I can't do it. So even if it hamstrings me a little, I'll keep it as is.

Haberdasher's Requiem Conversions and Homebrew

Comment

• Downtime plans: try to balance keeping up Vigilante with visits to the community garden to work on establishing a plot of her own, blissfully ignorant to the possibility of attracting violence to the garden because Darkstorm has been seen hanging out there. Is there an appropriate Crafts/Survival roll, target number, time per roll?

Maybe a space of a few weeks would be a good timeskip? We could pick up in January, or do the obligatory Christmas/New Year special and learn the true meaning of something or other.

2E Legacy Updates
      Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
      Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
      Storm Keepers

Comment

• Hey everyone, sorry for not updating Regret's actions yet. These past weeks have been frustratingly busy, but I'll dedicate today to fully catching up and at least posting Regret's reactions to the Elpis vision.

Comment

• Arcanist Just a little bit from my own research time into Aztec, Mayan, and Olmec Cultures. I know a tiny bit about the Inca as well. Overall, I don't know that that much about them really, just some basics and a few neat features.

Also, how easily can Scout find an out of the way spot to get some electricity going? Cause uh... he requires repairs. Wits+Something?

Comment

• Originally posted by Haberdasher View Post

I would need a link for that. Mind you, I decided to Calcify Eros at character creation so that Adonis would always have it, because I decided it would be useful for him to have and kind of integral to his identity as a character. This way, he's not short a Beat or two when he's ready to move out of Aurum and wants to Calcify one or two Alembics. Bad RP/metagaming? Maybe, but there's nothing saying I can't do it. So even if it hamstrings me a little, I'll keep it as is.
            Oh, I absolutely understand you. Did the same with Unbroken, because it's part of his core being, really.
            I'll try to unearth the link

Comment

• Originally posted by Wormwood View Post

Oh, I absolutely understand you. Did the same with Unbroken, because it's part of his core being, really.
              I'll try to unearth the link
              It also means that, no matter how Refinements shift over the course of the Chronicle, Adonis is going to be able to play diplomat/honey trap for the Throng as needed. By the same token, Mark 5 is pretty much guaranteed to always be able to tank a few blows.

Comment

• I very much like the little things Calcified Refinements says about the identity a Promethean is building for themselves. They are in a constant state of change, and Alembics are meant to be practical expressions of a philosophy. Calcifying an Alembic is choosing something to anchor yourself to, a piece of identity that you have already decided will be fixed. Calcifying Unbroken says to me that Mark 5 remembers, and respects, his experience as a Martyr, Calcifying Arc says to me that Earth respects how her Torment can be used as a weapon, and Calcifying Eros says to me that Adonis really values human connection.

Dusksage take your time! I don't want to rush you, I just don't want you to miss out on being able to interact with the group in this scene and deal with the Elpis Vision. As a note, I was talking over a few things in PM with ArchonAres , and I realized that one of the main features of the Introspective Condition is that an Originist can transfer Bashing Damage or Willpower into Pyros, so Regret could quite easily heal up here.

Caladriu you could always make a Teamwork roll with Wormwood to wrap up the IP thing peacefully. Since Mark 5 is the one who opened the Doors, Earth should be the supporting actor, but her massive dice pool should be very beneficial, since every success by a supporting actor leads to a bonus die for the primary actor. It also helps with Mark 5's regret over being a bit of a monster while in Torment, and helps Earth wrestle with being Darkstorm the Vigilante and trying to move beyond that. (There are Four Doors left, and as it stands they are Hostile. Which means either more Hard Leverage and Breaking Points or waiting a week for it to drop to an Average Impression, and going for Forcing Doors at a -4 penalty because there are four Doors left.)

Either way, the roll would probably be Manipulation + Persuasion (or Intimidation) + Equipment Bonus from Vigilante Reputation.

To deal with the garden, that could be an Extended Roll, or it could just be an Equipment Building roll for a different kind of Social Equipment if you'd like. Either way, a chance to resolve the Disconnected Condition and try to balance the Vigilante with feelings of transition towards a different Role and/or Refinement.

Haberdasher the update is done!

This would be the time for any in-character group conversations, such as Adonis talking to Earth about Flux, or Mark 5 and Regret talking about soldiers and horrors.

My Homebrew Hub

Comment

• Arcanist Spot on with the interpretation on why Mark 5 calcyfies Unbroken.
                  Definetly gonna wait a week to try to sort things out more or less amiably.
                  Also, aside from bringing the IP business to an end, Mark 5 probably isn't feeling much like going around being the Breaker.
                  Instead, he could be just wandering about, lending a helping hend when someone needs help with physical labor.

Also, in case you didn't know about it yet and it might interest you: Alchemyterms

Comment

• So I was thinking over what Scout would be doing, and I can not doubt that he'll be spending all of his time searching for more information on Rebis, anything he can find. He might revisit the church, see if the potential Athanors there would be able to tell him anything. Also, he'll probably want to check out the other athanor that the group had. I think there was one besides the stannum journal?

Comment

• How about this: Earth will make a supporting teamwork roll for Mark dealing with IP (forcing doors seems like the best option IMO), and she'll invite Mark to support her working at the community garden with a Wits+Crafts (Woodcrafting) roll. Buddies reunited!

ArchonAres I don't think so, actually. We recovered some alchemy potions from the trailer, but just the one athanor. Scout could always try Plumb the Fathoms at the church though.

Arcanist I've got an idea for the garden as equipment. Can the Meditation/Meditative Mind system from CofD 75 and 46 apply to rolls to resist Torment? If so, could I take a -5 penalty on the crafting roll to create the garden as a +3 meditative space that also grants the benefit of Meditative Mind 2? I was already thinking of picking up that Merit as a Cuprum and this seems like a good introduction.
                      Last edited by Caladriu; 03-21-2017, 11:21 PM.

2E Legacy Updates
                      Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
                      Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
                      Storm Keepers

Comment

• Helping with Manual Garden labour sounds perfect!
                        Btw, what happened to the Potions?

Comment

• Wormwood Adonis still has them at his apartment.

Comment

• Caladriu that seems like a reasonable roll and form of equipment to me. I'd say Strength + Crafts. In which case Wormwood would make a straight roll, and successes on that roll will go to Earth as bonus dice on the roll.

ArchonAres Dusksage Wormwood the update is up!

My Homebrew Hub

Comment

• So if we're into the timeskip already, I'll add the Forcing Doors roll into the last post, depending on whether the Condition Caladriu proposed is okay.
                              As it is, this'd be a dicepool of 4 =D Mark 5 is VERY bad with Manipulation.
                              Also, can I roll for Disquiet in the gardening woman? She'll probably be around Mark 5 a bit, and unlike Earth, he hasn't fulfilled his role yet.

Comment

• Hmm... Scout probably would revisit the church, but he's going to focus on trying to research more about Rebis, and try and figure out an idea of how to summon them into reality.

Comment

Working...
                                X