[OOC] (Promethean: The Created 2E) Muddy Waters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahem.

Sorry for the extended absence, all. Easter is almost upon us, and I felt bad for being so quiet. I have a brief lull until the lead-up to finals. Figured I would do Adonis' Interlude. Made a bunch of Persuasion rolls to represent Adonis' extended attempt to get more info on Amalgama from Erwin, and also bought that boy a dot of True Friend, because he's going to need it if he's going to be dating a Promethean!

I'm really torn with this Callous Condition. Yeah, it's not doing any favors for Adonis' personality or Pilgrimage, but trying to infiltrate the evil alchemist company is a lot harder if you intentionally flub a potentially vital Social roll. I also think Adonis would be aware that he has messed with himself due to containing his Disfigurement, but he doesn't know how to fix it. He'll just have to make do with understanding but not feeling emotion for the time being. Poor guy.

Haberdasher's Requiem Conversions and Homebrew

Comment

• Will get in a post after work today for Scout. He's gonna be full to busting and wanting to TALK I think. Which one of your poor saps managed to not look away fast enough to avoid hearing about the Chymical Wedding for about six hours...

Comment

• ArchonAres Haberdasher Caladriu Wormwood sorry that took so long. I've been working more nights than usual and I have been just wiped, but now we're on to the Ramble proper. A little more detail on Erwin and what he's gotten himself into, but I think you'll be surprised by him, when the time comes.

My Homebrew Hub

Comment

• Hm, so Erwin really is an alchemist! A "I want to make humanity better" one, not a "Humanity is weak" one! And he wants to bring Amalgama down, too! Methinks it might be time to introduce Erwin to the Throng. Because every good heist team needs an inside man...

"Erwin? Do you want to role-play Fight Club? We all can play Brad Pitt..."

Haberdasher's Requiem Conversions and Homebrew

Comment

• ArchonAres Haberdasher Caladriu Wormwood Dusksage well, that took way longer than I wanted it to, but the update is finally up. On the plus side, I've been learning a lot of very, very fun stuff recently that I can tie in to PlotTM and hopefully a little authenticity will make the game a bit more fun.

So, a bit of a personal moment between Earth and Satin, Scout is being called upon to Ramble properly, and Mark 5 gets to hear a story from an intriguing Named.

My Homebrew Hub

Comment

• On vacation till the 9th, posting shall be slow for me.

EDIT: I have returned, and thrown up a post for Scout. Any rolls I should make for this little spiel?
              Last edited by ArchonAres; 05-10-2017, 09:38 AM.

Comment

• Okay, so, bad news. Spring term at my university is kicking my butt, and I'm digging in to counterattack with my writing skills. Good news, I've learned more about Golems and their actual history in Real World mythology, mysticism, and folklore than I have in the last who knows how long prepping for this game. Feel like I could go out, get me a huge slab of clay, and inscribe a Tammuz.

ArchonAres no rolls necessary, this is purely a character building scene at the moment, and we're about to get a fairly heavy does of PlotTM

Haberdasher, Caladriu, Wormwood the update is ready!

My Homebrew Hub

Comment

• Hope I wasn't holding us up. On to Plot!

2E Legacy Updates
                  Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
                  Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
                  Storm Keepers

Comment

• Well, that was interesting. Had to write three papers simultaneously in the last week as well as study for my two finals next Tuesday. Let me just... continue with the internal screaming. Decided that I absolutely had to get some Promethean out because it is relaxing, I adore the aesthetic, and I miss these characters.

Wormwood that speech Mark 5 to Isla made me so damn happy. It was just so clearly a Ferrum way of looking at the problem, and it was also constructive and supportive and beautiful. That's the kind of thing I run Promethean for, those beautiful, precious moments of humanity. Also the High Weirdness, but we'll get to that later.

Haberdasher the Cathar is kind of being a dick and using alchemy to find things out about Adonis he might not want to share, but this is also an opportunity to sketch out his backstory a little bit and dust off any potential skeletons in the closet. May I lure you in to the sweet, sweet opportunity to expand on backstory with an offer of a Beat for voluntarily failing the roll?

Caladriu ArchonAres the update is up!

I have all the pieces in motion, and we're going to wrap up the Amalgama arc fairly soon to get the opportunity to head south and confront the PlotTM. When you get back to Winnipeg after that... things might be a little different.

My Homebrew Hub

Comment

• Arcanist thanks a bunch (^-^) that was what I was going for, thinking it would be totally in character for Mark 5. Makes me happy I could add to you enjoying this game.

Yay for high weirdness! :-D

Comment

• I don't mean to trivialize a real tragedy by comparing it to fiction, but I was reading this article about a crime and false confession and it made me think of Promethean. It's a lengthy read, but I think you'll see what I mean if you stick it out.

The next day, we met at the public library, and she wore a green blouse herself—a flouncy, patterned one that she told me represented a new, gentler way of being in the world. For decades, she’d abstained from color, frills, anything that seemed too feminine. “I am a work in progress on soft,” she said. She was still preoccupied by a goal she had set for herself thirty-five years earlier, when she saw Price for counselling. She longed to be the kind of person who was confident enough in her own sense of goodness that she would know definitively that she could never commit murder.

2E Legacy Updates
                        Storm Keepers

Comment

• Thank-you for the article Caladriu lots of stuff to consider for inspiration.

Wormwood you can roll Intelligence + Academics, but that will be a chance die, so no 10-again, must hit a 10 to succeed, and a 1 is an immediate Dramatic Failure.

My Homebrew Hub

Comment

• Arcanist Ah, too bad, only got a 9. So close^^" Guess Mark 5 won't be able to help her with the writing, after all.
                            I'm going ahead and adding his reaction into the last post.

Comment

• Caladriu Wormwood ArchonAres Haberdasher an update is posted! Finally found the time and the motivation to write something down. Earth has come back to themselves, Adonis catches the Cathar by surprise, and I start sketching out a wider world through hints and ominousness!

My Homebrew Hub

Comment

• Li'l post just to check in. I'll spare you guys from a long conversation with an NPC about gender identity that doesn't really bear on Promethean specifically; I don't have the juice to write something interesting right now and I think the scene's been set pretty well. Earth and Satin are just hanging out while those mysterious truck noises draw closer...

2E Legacy Updates
                                Storm Keepers

Comment

Working...
                                X