No announcement yet.

[OOC] (Promethean: The Created 2E) Muddy Waters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I honestly was hoping to actually formulate a plan as a group. The idea of rolling for it just doesn't feel right to me. That's why I was going to have Scout go check it out. Try to see the security measures and such. The map is still useful, because we can't see the inside normally. But the map could be wrong. It gives us only a layout of the legal compound, not it's defenses, guards, or other security measures.

Rolling for a plan feels like I'm throwing my hands in the air and saying 'lets just have the dm tell us how to be cool PCs'. We can if the group want to push things along, but I feel like we're shorting ourselves.

Comment

• ArchonAres I have absolutely no problem with you guys figuring out a plan in character, that's perfectly fine, and even with the Plan roll I wasn't intending to dictate what that Plan was, simply providing a nifty dice bonus that allows you more of an opportunity to do cool stuff.

My Homebrew Hub

Comment

• I might be misunderstanding then. What would the Plan Roll do, if not give us a course of action?

Comment

• I definitely didn't mean it to give us a course of action. The idea is that you get the bonus while taking actions that advance your plan. I'm thinking of games like Blades in the Dark which assume that your characters have already made and are following a plan, while the players are playing out that "plan" in real time and establishing when situations come up "I brought the tool for this, we practiced this," etc. It's useful in cases like this where (IMO) it would be time consuming and tedious over PBP to plan in detail ahead of time, especially when we don't have all the information OOC as like a handout. Does that make sense?

2E Legacy Updates
          Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
          Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
          Storm Keepers

Comment

• Hmm... I have a custom Condition filed away somewhere from a PbP game I was actually a player in, I'll copy it here with a bit of a rewrite for our game.

Caladriu ArchonAres Wormwood what do you think?

Prepared (Amalgama)

You have moved a step beyond Informed. You haven't just researched the building and its layout, you've planned for an assault. You're loaded for bear... or for alchemist. When you make a roll related to the building you may resolve this condition. If the roll was a failure it is instead considered to have a single success. If the roll succeeded then it is considered an exceptional success. Alternatively you may resolve the condition to produce a piece of Equipment (one piece at +3, a piece at +2 and at +1, or three +1 pieces) you need to do the job here.
            Resolution
            You resolve the Condition by using your preparations as explained above or you complete your task without needing to use these preparations.

My Homebrew Hub

Comment

• That looks good to me! Maybe a little generous with the non-equipment part, even. Personally when I'm an ST I tread very carefully around granting automatic success Conditions like Steadfast and Informed.

Do we get one instance of the Condition for the group as a whole?

2E Legacy Updates
              Storm Keepers

Comment

• I was thinking each of you would get one instance of the Condition since Plans, when shared, grant their Equipment Bonus to everyone who knows them. What about this version?

Prepared (Amalgama)
                You have moved a step beyond Informed. You haven't just researched the building and its layout, you've planned for an assault. You're loaded for bear... or for alchemist. You may resolve the condition to produce a piece of Equipment (one piece at +3, a piece at +2 and at +1, or three +1 pieces) you need to do the job here.
                Resolution
                You resolve the Condition by using your preparations as explained above or you complete your task without needing to use these preparations.

My Homebrew Hub

Comment

• I like it, and not just because I like the phrase "loaded for bear."

I don't wanna be antsy if we do want to spend more time making a formal plan, but personally, I'll go along with whatever you guys wanna do or just follow some general guidelines on the fly. I just wanna move ahead to the building, Time Crisis style. As much as I'm curious what Joshua's deal is, I don't see a lot more happening under the bridge for now.

2E Legacy Updates
                  Storm Keepers

Comment

• Interesting. I like the concept, but cannot say I have a strong enough handle on mechanics to comment on the balance of it. Either way, it's pretty cool.

Comment

• I am all for it =D

Comment

• Let's just hope that you guys don't kill any of my Manchurian Candidates when you get here!

Haberdasher's Requiem Conversions and Homebrew

Comment

• No promises =p

Comment

• Haberdasher an update for you is ready!

Caladriu Wormwood ArchonAres if you're ready to move on, so am I. Just post describing getting to Amalgama and setting up before going in.

My Homebrew Hub

Comment

• Apologies for having been a little slow to post recently, it's been a very exciting last few days, with a lot of promotion potential for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X