No announcement yet.

[OOC] (Promethean: The Created 2E) Muddy Waters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys, It's been a while. Are all of you alright?

Comment

• Wormwood ArchonAres Caladriu Haberdasher so, I'm not dead, but life did its level best to make me that way. I owe you guys an explanation. My practicum last term did not go well. My teacher mentor was reaping the consequences of bad personal life decisions, and he took it out on me. I wasn't his kind of teacher, so there was personal friction mixed with "my way or the highway" attitude. I got by on the skin of my teeth, and on top of that my home situation took a bit of a turn for the worst. Took all my energy just to keep moving forwards.

I'm significantly better now, and itching with stories to tell. If you'll have me back, I'm ready to continue Muddy Waters.

Also, someone new requested to join the game as a Promethean rescued in the attack on Amalgama, so Caius Wickersham you get a notice too.

My Homebrew Hub

Comment

• Well, I might as well introduce myself. I've been wanting to play Promethean for a while and I saw this game up. I asked Arcanist if he had extra room and we've been discussing my coming in since November (obviously some give and take there with his busy schedule). I hope I can fit in with the group.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arcanist View Post
          Wormwood ArchonAres Caladriu Haberdasher so, I'm not dead, but life did its level best to make me that way. I owe you guys an explanation. My practicum last term did not go well. My teacher mentor was reaping the consequences of bad personal life decisions, and he took it out on me. I wasn't his kind of teacher, so there was personal friction mixed with "my way or the highway" attitude. I got by on the skin of my teeth, and on top of that my home situation took a bit of a turn for the worst. Took all my energy just to keep moving forwards.

I'm significantly better now, and itching with stories to tell. If you'll have me back, I'm ready to continue Muddy Waters.

Also, someone new requested to join the game as a Promethean rescued in the attack on Amalgama, so Caius Wickersham you get a notice too.
          Hey man, sorry to hear that! I can very much imagine what that's like. Glad to hear you're alright!
          Well, I'd be thrilled to continue, at the very least =) People disappearing for a while is simply one of the dangers of PbP, due to the amount of time a game takes. I'm sure the others feel the same.

Caius Wickersham Hey Caius, sounds good to me. What did you have in mind for your char?

Comment

• My guy is an Osiran currently on the Plumbum Transmutation (I picked up the Alembic for making a branded throng as well). My image of him is essentially a Promethean scientist, studying Prometheans and all their strange bits along with humanity. He's also got some survival skills thanks to coming out of the lake country east of the city.

Comment

• Welcome back! And Caius Wickersham welcome aboard!

I like these characters and I still wanna play with whoever's around, but I don't wanna get bogged down in scenes we're not having fun with. Can I make some suggestions?
              • I think we should have Arcanist briefly narrate us to the end of the Amalgama raid, rather than picking up where we left off. If there's a big scene you really want to play out at Amalgama, like a villain speech or complex skill roll or Milestone, we can jump right into that and bite into something fun before moving on to the next story with our new PC.
              • I would like it across the board if we did more broad, light, fast-moving stuff and fewer dense dialogue/conversation updates, at least until we're in a good groove again. I'm in a Mage game right now that has really good pacing; we talk more conversationally with the ST about what we're doing and then "zoom in" on interesting stuff to play it out in-character, rather than treating everything as a full scene. It would be cool to do something similar-ish like at the beginning of this game, when it was more brief updates saying what we're doing and only getting denser when interesting stuff is happening. Shorter lighter posts and scenes with a clear sense of what's going on are good habits for PBP!

2E Legacy Updates
              Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
              Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
              Storm Keepers

Comment

• Welcome back. I'm still ready to rock. I am really hoping to have Scout find the amalgama lab and it's gadgets, as the study of pyros and creating things is his big thing, and he is still in torment so...

Comment

• I agree with Caladriu about the epilogue for Amalgama. No sense diving back into an action scene months after the fact. I also agree with the game turning a little more conversational, because that allows character to develop and I really enjoy the idea of that. (Also, more opportunity for me to introduce characters. Yay! I've got a lot of stuff in my back pocket) Let me double check my notes and I'll be back in a few days with an epilogue to the raid all set to go and we can carry on from there.

My Homebrew Hub

Comment

• Holy crap! What is dead may never die!

I'm very sorry guys, family issues and the start of a much-busier semester took me by surprise. I haven't even been active on the forums. But this morning I decided to check in on a whim and I'm very glad I did.

Yes, I am fine with us skipping past the Amalgama fight, it would be super strange to drop us back into the middle of a combat after several months. I am a firm "ready to go."

Haberdasher's Requiem Conversions and Homebrew

Comment

Working...
                    X