Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[IC] (Promethean: The Created 2E) Muddy Waters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Adonis
    Conditions/Tilts: Masked (Refinement), Connected (Erwin, Persistent) Disquiet (Waitress Stage 1)
    Alembics: Eros (0), Assimilate (0), Stalker (0), Eris (0)
    Health: BBBOOOO I WP: 5/5 I Pyros 3/10
    Beats: 1/5 I Vitriol Beats: 1/5
    Experiences: 1 I Vitriol Experiences 1


    The Firestorm ends. The awful sizzling in his stomach and the back of his throat fades. Adonis looks over at Scout, who has fallen to his knees, his arms outstretched. Wait, did he... stop it? But before Adonis can say anything, he hears a voice in his head, calm and soft but loud at the same time. "YOU ARE STRONGER THAN YOU KNOW, JUST AS STRONG AS THEY ARE. BUT YOUR STRENGTH IS DIFFERENT. YOU WILL REALIZE ITS SOURCE IN TIME."

    The Firestorm was a crucible, and he was fired in it. He went into it made fully of gold, but the gold is receding, with some other metal that he does not yet know forming underneath. But he senses that, once he masters Aurum, it will show itself. But already he feels... firmer. More confident. A Refinement of strength. Cuprum? Ferrum? Stannum? Aes?

    He sees Mark 5 shift uneasily. He looks like he's about to slink away, and Adonis reaches out a hand and grabs him by the arm, and then gives him a long hard look. "Stay. We've had enough trouble trying to find you once today." His voice doesn't rise above a whisper, but it is firmer than it has ever been, especially towards either Named.

    Meanwhile, Earth seems bound and determined to make at least one person hate them today. Fuck, Earth. Do you always have to be at somebody's throat? He walks over and all but butts Earth out of the way, placing himself between the policewoman and the Fury. "Yes, we're fine, officer. Don't mind her, she's always pissy and she's rattled from the storm." He flashes the cadet his trademark grin.

    He's done flinching at the site of Earth's fist crackling with lightning. He doesn't act it, but his body isn't just for display. There are human men who would envy his physical prowess, and he's had to punch his way out of a couple tight spots before. It's time he started acting like it.

    Adonis will take three dots of the Brutal Force Style Merit. He's also going to try and sweet talk the police officer to go away.

    Manipulation 3 + Persuasion 3 = 6 dice -> yowza, nothing.

    Rolling to see if she suffers Disquiet. Azoth 2 = 2 dice -> nothing.

    So she's not leaving, but she's not freaking out, either. Might try to hit her with Lure on the next post.

    Comment


    • Scout
      Conditions: Introspective, Informed (Amalgama LTD), Inspired (Azoth)
      Alembics: Heed the Call (0) Plumb the Fathoms (0) Internalize (0) Weaponize (0)
      Health: BBBBBB | Willpower: 4/6 | Pyros: 2/13 | Beats: 0/5 | Vitriol Beats: 4/5
      XP: 1 | VXP: 1

      The explosion rocked Scout back against the wall, and he felt more than a little dazed from it. When he'd blinked the stars out of his vision, the world was as it should be once more. The firestorm was gone. He'd done it. The look on the Rebis' face... interesting. It had responded to his Azothic call. But... not in the way he'd expected or hoped. And that scream... strange. Was it the Rebis or something else? He'd have to think this vision and his last over. Learn from them. There were things there he just... wasn't getting yet. Perhaps Regret or Adonis could help him understand? Earth and Mark 5 didn't seem like they'd really understand it.

      The little Nepri pushed at the wreckage pinning him. When he found he couldn't get out, he cleared his throat. Scout had to note that felt oddly sore as he called for the others, "Uh... little help here? I seem to be stuck."

      Comment


      • The Throng

        The police cadet keeps a perfectly neutral face that still manages to convey, with little more than the twitch of a facial muscle, a massive eye roll. She puts up with Earth's irritable grumbling, and then, very calmly, speaks up. "The call came in less than a minute ago, and we were only a few blocks away. Whatever happened, it happened incredibly quickly, so we could not have been here sooner unless we were already on the scene." This is just ordinary human irritability. Nothing is happening. Her Azoth isn't setting Disquiet smouldering. What does that even mean?

        When Adonis tries to charm his way past whatever social blunder Earth is currently wading into, he finds that a soaked, bruised, and blood-spattered person, no matter how good-looking they are under it all, just isn't that appealing. "Storm? I was told it was a water main break and a blown transformer. That's what everyone over there saw," she gestures off-handedly towards the crowd "unless you're saying otherwise." She narrows her eyes, almost leaning in to the Muse as if trying to see past water and the slowly welling purple bruises. "You look familiar. Have we met before?" She shakes her head, thinking it over, before looking to survey the group as a whole, and noticing Scout trapped under some small bits of masonry. The cadet jogs over and takes a look at the damage, a frown across her face. "You doing alright sir? Can you wiggle your toes for me? I'm not supposed to move you, so we're going to wait for the paramedics. They'll be here in a minute."

        The cadet looks back at the rest of the throng "Why don't you all take a seat? Paramedics and fire department will be here soon to check you out and get your friend out from under this debris."

        OOC: As a reminder, those of you who experienced an Elpis Vision can roll Wits + Azoth to interpret what you saw and ask a question (or two if you get an Exceptional Success)

        Comment


        • Mark 5
          Conditions: Tenacious, Disconnected, Guilty
          Alembics: Hygeius (0), Motus (0), Unbroken (0), Unconquered (0)
          Health: XXXX///OOO | Willpower: 4/6 | Pyros: 0/11 | Beats: 4/5 | Vitriol Beats: 3/5
          Experiences: 1 I Vitriol Experiences 2



          The Titan was taken aback. Was Adonis always this determined, this... decisive? Mark 5 didn't think so. "He grew a pair!" went through his head. He heard people say that to indicate someone became tougher, braver. Though he still wasn't sure why courage came as a pair.
          He nodded. Bravery he could respect. "Right."

          He took a second to reflect on what he had seen. That hadn't been real, even though it had felt so real, right? After all, that thing actually hurt him.
          But he lacked something to make sense out of what he saw; maybe it was experience, maybe he was to confused, maybe being surrounded by people that watched them reminded him of being cast out all over again too much... the meaning of the Vision eluded him.


          "Why don't you all take a seat? Paramedics and fire department will be here soon to check you out and get your friend out from under this debris."
          The Titan rolled his eyes and went to get Scout out of the curious place he had gotten himself into.
          "No need to wait. Officer. You alright down there, yeah?"
          He felt sore, his Alembic having run out, and he hurt... but there was physical labour to be done, and he was best suited for that. They might have to leave soon, after all, and they couldn't do that with Scout being stuck.
          Strength + Stamina to lift Wreckage= 5 successes
          If I should've rolled Str+Ath, the result would be 4 successes
          Last edited by Wormwood; 03-13-2017, 03:04 PM. Reason: Additional roll

          Comment


          • Scout
            Conditions: Introspective, Informed (Amalgama LTD), Inspired (Azoth)
            Alembics: Heed the Call (0) Plumb the Fathoms (0) Internalize (0) Weaponize (0)
            Health: BBBBBB | Willpower: 3/6 | Pyros: 2/13 | Beats: 0/5 | Vitriol Beats: 4/5
            XP: 1 | VXP: 1

            Scout looked blankly at the police officer for a moment, working his jaw as it frying to find the right words. This human was... talking to him. Caring about what was going on with him. That as unusual, to say the least. And they were police. Hadn't High Winds warned him that the police couldn't always be trusted? He just... didn't know how to handle the woman treating him nicely. Thankfully, Mark 5 saved him from having to actually talk to her for very long.

            "Thank you, Mark," the little Nepri said with a smile and a nod, before he glanced to the police officer and stood up dusting himself off. He tried to sound grateful, but he wound up with 'only slightly less monotone', "Only bruised officer. Mostly in my pride at not being able to pick up rocks as easily as my guardian here. Unfortunately, we will be late for our meeting again if we do not get on the move." There was a short pause and then another smile for the police cadet, then added in fluent french, "Thank you for for checking on me, though."

            Once he was certain he could, he got out of Mark 5's way so he could put the rubble back down, and started walking with only a slight limp. They needed to get out of here, and an electrical source would be a good thing to work on finding. Once they were away from the cops, perhaps, he could see if anyone knew a good generator or something. Ohhh... they put a generator in Adonis's apartment. Or maybe on the roof or something. Chain it down and fire it up when they needed some juice. That would be brilliant!

            As he walked, he turned his mind back to the vision, and the rebis. The Look into stannum had made him realize that separatio would be coming soon, and the rebis... it was certainly an interesting beast. Perhaps if he could recreate a firestorm on his own, he could summon it in a more controlled environment. Force it's manifestation and then find a way to calm it- speak with it. Learn from it. That'd be brilliant.

            1 wp spent, 1 sux for understanding the vision. Scout would like to know about his next superlative or major milestone . I'm also going to play up Scout's Torment soon I think.

            Comment


            • Earth
              Conditions: Enraged, Disconnected, Irritable, Connected (Winnipeg Ramble), Disquieted (North End: Stage 1)
              Alembics: Arc (0), Imperatus (0), Weaponize (0), Redirect (0)
              Health: LLLLLBBBBB | Willpower: 4/5 | Pyros: 0/12 | Beats: 0/5 | Vitriol Beats: 2/5





              Earth deflated. The human law-enforcer was unbothered. Even Adonis was unimpressed. Hell, he sounded tough. No wonder she'd mistaken him for...y'know...

              Wait, what exactly happened back there? She backed off from Adonis and the cadet, her ears burning, rubbing her forehead with a bent and bloody but non-monstrous hand. Mark 5, looking surprisingly healthy, was lifting Scout out of the rubble. Nothing monstrous here. Did she set him straight?

              Her manifest Azoth had given her both ends of the old chain. Trusted her. Was that supposed to be good, or bad? And why twist her flesh again? Was this a vision of the past, the present, the future? What was she supposed to do with this?

              Wits+Azoth+Willpower: 3 successes. Wish I had Inspired right now.

              Question: Which Role must I take on soon?
              Last edited by Caladriu; 03-21-2017, 04:15 PM.


              2E Legacy Updates
              Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
              Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
              Storm Keepers

              Comment


              • Adonis
                Conditions/Tilts: Masked (Refinement), Connected (Erwin, Persistent) Disquiet (Waitress, Stage 1)
                Alembics: Eros (0), Assimilate (0), Stalker (0), Eris (0)
                Health: BBBBBBO I WP: 5/5 I Pyros 3/10
                Beats: 1/5 I Vitriol Beats: 1/5
                Experiences: 1 I Vitriol Experiences 1


                The police cadet's words send Adonis' stolen heart into overdrive. Paramedics. No no no. Shit. Shit shit shit. Created could pass for human when they did not invoke the Divine Fire, but no amount of Divine Fire can fool a physical: they would see that Earth and Mark 5 bled black bile and not blood, and Scout, Regret, and himself would be seen for the stitched-together creations they were. She needs to let us leave, now.

                It had been a long time since Adonis had used a Distillation on a human. There weren't a lot of situations that called for it. Few people could resist his charms. But desperate times call for desperate measures. He looks at the woman and smiles again. He calls up a bit of what Pyros he has left after the Firestorm. His stitches and mismatched limbs threaten to show, but he keeps them hidden, and suddenly his mind turns almost to clockwork. The woman is no longer a person, she's an obstacle. He would rather remove her without fuss- cleaner that way.

                Adonis will spend a Pyros to charge Lure, the first Distillation of his Eros Alembic. He will not flare his disfigurements, and so will take on the Callous Condition.

                Manipulation 3 + Persuasion 3 + Azoth 2 = 8 dice -> 2 successes. Now the police officer will have to roll Composure to see if she resists the effects of Lure. If she doesn't, any Persuasion rolls that Adonis attempts on her will receive a +2.
                Last edited by Haberdasher; 03-14-2017, 04:06 PM.

                Comment


                • The Throng

                  The cadet curses under her breath as Mark 5 moves to lift the wreckage and effortlessly tosses it away. She gapes a little, surprised by the dominating might of the Titan, even burned and battered as he is. She gazes dumbfounded at Scout, who seems perfectly fine with his current state, and just nods when the Originist addresses her. Flesh bruised and battered by the swift warping into and out of a Flux taint, tossed by a storm, the Throng are barely standing. Scout, is much worse off than he thought, nearly half dead and half drowned by the storm itself, but his mind is alight at the prospect of learning something new, discovering an aspect of the Flame Immortal that might not be entirely self-evident. He thinks he can hear the rebis whispering to him, promising him wisdom, promising him progress on the Pilgrimage, and he will record it for the posterity of the Created, burn it into Azothic Memory.

                  OOC: Scout takes another three points of Bashing damage, wrapping around to Lethal. He learns from the Elpis Vision that his next Major/Superlative Milestone is the Ascetic Role. He also gains a Beat from his Health track filling with damage.

                  Wormwood Strength + Stamina was correct. Strength + Athletics is to throw something you've lifted. As a result, Mark 5 gains the Inspired Condition.


                  Meanwhile, Earth is teasing wisdom from her own Azoth. Surely it knows the way better than she does, it must know the path to the New Dawn. Where does she go from here? What does she do? Who controls the Fury? Who watches the watchwoman? She needs distance, she needs perspective. Earth needs to turn inwards, she needs to control her interactions until she knows what to do with the leash (a leash for what?) that her Azoth trusted her with.

                  OOC: Earth learns that the Role she must take next is the Hermit from Cuprum, Refinement of Self. To paraphrase Uncle Iroh "Who are you, and what do you want?"

                  The cadet walks quickly after the retreating Titan and Originist, while Regret simply hangs back, observing, lost in thought. "Hey, I can't let you leave until my superiors get here and release the scene. You need medical attention and we need a statement about what the hell just happened here!" Adonis catches her eye and smiles. The cadet stops dead for a second and blinks for a moment before colour rushes to her face, blood sparkling with a cocktail of alchemy flooding her brain as the warmth of Adonis' Azoth draws her in like a moth to a flame.

                  OOC: So the Distillation works on her. If you'd like to make it a Social Maneuvering action, she has four Doors. You could Force Doors (making a roll with a -4 penalty) or just make a Manipulation + Persuasion roll to up your Impression to Excellent meaning you could make a roll once per turn.
                  Last edited by Arcanist; 03-20-2017, 09:16 AM.

                  Comment


                  • Scout
                    Conditions: Introspective, Informed (Amalgama LTD), Inspired (Azoth)
                    Alembics: Heed the Call (0) Plumb the Fathoms (0) Internalize (0) Weaponize (0)
                    Health: LLLBBB | Willpower: 3/6 | Pyros: 2/13 | Beats: 0/5 | Vitriol Beats: 4/5
                    XP: 1 | VXP: 1

                    Scout stopped paying attention to the officer and the others as soon as the words of the rebis hit his ears. He started walking, not paying much attention to his injuries as he should have.

                    "Yes, yes. I will record every word, every step. Not a problem. Name. We need to give you a name. Regis the Rebis? Too pun-like. How about... Olmec. The Olmec peoples invented many things. Like rubber and vulcanization, which is a sort of alchemical process. Yes. We shall call you Olmec."

                    Scout didn't look back for the others. the police officer had stopped talking to him, so that meant he was free to walk.

                    Excuses to talk to yourself don't come along every day.

                    Comment


                    • Adonis
                      Conditions/Tilts: Masked (Refinement), Connected (Erwin, Persistent) Disquiet (Waitress, Stage 1)
                      Alembics: Eros (1), Assimilate (0), Stalker (0), Eris (0)
                      Health: BBBBBBO I WP: 5/5 I Pyros 2/10
                      Beats: 1/5 I Vitriol Beats: 1/5
                      Experiences: 1 I Vitriol Experiences 1


                      Adonis has never fished, but he gets the basic concept. And he can't help but picture a fish swallowing a hook as the cadet's face flushes. There we go. Much nicer to just smile and agree with me, isn't it? His mind felt... clear. It wasn't swirling with emotion like it usually did. It felt like he had replaced his blood with fresh cold spring water. Did the Nepri feel like this? If they did, he was jealous of them. Well, only a little- phlegm was clear and shifting, but it left them slow and lazy. He felt like water in a mountain stream.

                      Humans really are chumps, aren't they? No matter how much they tried to pretend, humans were still animals. And they had urges like all animals. He had offered the woman the smallest amount of his power, and she was already over the moon. To think I want to be one of them. The thought caught him off guard. I do... don't I? The ice water pumping through him made him unsure. Yes, he understood on a theoretical level why he had to follow the Pilgrimage. You were on the Pilgrimage, or you weren't. And if you weren't, you were a Centimanus. And he didn't want to be one of those. Not like that moron Earth. Earth Crisis. Always trying to snarl and smash your way out of a problem. One day, you may find a problem you can't just smash your way out of. And then what will you do? Run to him, probably. She liked pretending he was a useless tag-along until someone needed to do the talking. But he could wait until later to give her a piece of his mind. Right now he had a flustered human to dispose of.

                      His smile grew wider and he moved a little closer to her, trying to keep her attention on him and not the others- especially not Scout, who seemed like he was still experiencing an Elpis Vision. "Officer, really, we're fine. Look at us, we're all still on our feet. We're not in pain. Yes, at first I thought it was some sort of storm, but we were disoriented. I'm sure you don't need us to give a statement. Or our names for that matter. Unless... you want to go somewhere else?" I defy you to not not listen, lady.

                      Adonis is going to try and raise his impression with the woman, and he's not leaving anything to chance. He'll throw a Willpower onto the pile just to make sure she takes the hint. Manipulation 3 + Persuasion 3 + Area of Expertise (2) + Lure 2 + Willpower 3 = 13 dice-> 6 successes. I think this is my first double-digits dice pool and oh man does it feel good. I believe that's an Exceptional Success twice over because of Eros' persistent ability.

                      Comment


                      • Earth
                        Conditions: Enraged, Disconnected, Irritable, Connected (Winnipeg Ramble), Disquieted (North End: Stage 1)
                        Alembics: Arc (0), Imperatus (0), Weaponize (0), Redirect (0)
                        Health: LLLLLBBBBB | Willpower: 3/5 | Pyros: 0/12 | Beats: 0/5 | Vitriol Beats: 2/5




                        Holding her own chain? So there is more on the horizon. Always more to do. Why? She felt like she was at something like a stopping point. She made the right decision, and now the Fire had gone quiet. She could talk to humans-

                        Oh. She could go back to the garden now.

                        Wait. Wait wait. Don't jinx it- she got this far by channeling her Torment. Would a Vigilante plant a garden? Would being at peace knock her off the road again? Uuurrgh. She'd never wanted to interact with humans before, not like this, when she actually had a plan beyond wandering into their houses. Her instincts said she had to keep moving forward as a Vigilante, or trouble would come when she crashed. What would a Vigilante do? She should know this, now. Find another cause. Keep her Torment churning in a useful direction. Go after some Amalgama LTD branch office, or maybe the catacombs of Unborn. The garden could be too risky.
                        [but she wanted to go there so bad, talk to the human again, work the black soil]

                        Is that cop still here? Ugh.
                        Last edited by Caladriu; 03-21-2017, 04:16 PM.


                        2E Legacy Updates
                        Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
                        Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
                        Storm Keepers

                        Comment


                        • The Throng

                          Scout continues to wander the streets, water dripping off of him, heading farther afield from the throng. The humans are letting him pass, a little too frightened by his darkening bruises and his open wounds that are slowly bleeding a pale, cloudy liquid. Eyes darkened by internalized thought, he looks the part of a walking corpse. No one meets his gaze. No one even acknowledges his presence. He names the rebis (Are they me or am I them?) Olmec, after the Pre-Columbian civilization. Highwinds had nothing but admiration for the Mesoamerican civilizations, the blood-letters, the pyramid-builders, people who knew Torment and the Saturnine Night and tried to brighten it with the fires of sacrifice. He suggested there were secrets to be found in Mexico, which is where they were heading when the unpleasantness with their hired guards happened. Perhaps this is a sign. Earth mentioned a Named librarian in the city, didn't she? Perhaps they are a fellow Originist, walking a similar path.

                          The police cadet, Adonis notices a name tag saying 'Katerina' on the heavy blue jacket when he gives her a clinical overview that could be (purposefully) mistaken for lustful, blushes and shakes her head, furrowing her brow as she takes a step back from the Muse to breathe. "No, it's alright sir, you and your friends can go. Just give me some contact information," this is said almost with embarrassment, through heavily lidded eyes and fluttering lashes "and you can go." She smiles a little, bemused, before her eyes widen in recognition "Wait. I do recognize you from somewhere! You're Mark Austin! What are you doing in Winnipeg?"

                          OOC: Adonis gains a Beat from the Double Exceptional Success, and imposes the Swooning Condition on Katerina, the police cadet. Adonis also gains the Callous Condition from using a Mesmerism Distillation without revealing Disfigurements. However, she manages to get a success on a roll to recognize Adonis, and confuses him for his Famous Face. This means that further Social rolls against this character will benefit from the 8-again quality and gain an additional +1.
                          Last edited by Arcanist; 03-20-2017, 10:01 AM.

                          Comment


                          • Mark 5
                            Conditions: Tenacious, Disconnected, Guilty, Inspired
                            Alembics: Hygeius (0), Motus (0), Unbroken (0), Unconquered (0)
                            Health: XXXX///OOO | Willpower: 4/6 | Pyros: 0/11 | Beats: 4/5 | Vitriol Beats: 3/5
                            Experiences: 1 I Vitriol Experiences 2



                            Geez, that woman was still keeping them up? At least Adonis' silver tongue seemed to work, so maybe they'd get out without a fight. Or further bloodshed.
                            The Titans guts clenched involuntarily at the memory of what took place only minutes ago.
                            He'd have to find someone he could to about this.
                            Maybe Adonis? He had help es him with understanding intention, after all.

                            "You're Mark Austin!"
                            ...wait, what? Mark 5's eyebrows knitted together. What was that woman on about? HE was Mark, Mark 5. THAT was Adonis over there. He shook his head.
                            The Girl must be confused.

                            Comment


                            • Adonis
                              Conditions/Tilts: Masked (Refinement), Connected (Erwin, Persistent) Disquiet (Waitress, Stage 1), Callous
                              Alembics: Eros (1), Assimilate (0), Stalker (0), Eris (0)
                              Health: BBBBBBO I WP: 5/5 I Pyros 2/10
                              Beats: 2/5 I Vitriol Beats: 1/5
                              Experiences: 1 I Vitriol Experiences 1


                              At the officer's- Katerina's- words, Adonis smiles bashfully and rubs the back of his head, the other hand in his pocket- from what he can remember, this was a pose that Mark Austin once struck in a photo shoot. "Ah, you got me. Well, honestly, I came to Winnipeg for a fresh start. I'm trying to lay low and work on this new project I'm working on." It's vague as hell, but all true. Crap. This isn't the first time somebody has recognized him as Mark Austin. Adonis knows that he can usually use that as leverage to charm and persuade others, but then again, there's always the chance that Sharon is on the lookout for him. Maybe she's following reports of him across Canada. Will he have to leave Winnipeg for a while? I ran because I was young and scared. A meat cleaver didn't exactly help matters, either. But that was before he had a Throng on his side. I'd love to see her try and take on Mark. Or better yet, Earth. The thought of Earth visiting her usual brand of vicious on his Demiurge was very satisfying.

                              But that didn't change the fact that he knew next to nothing about Mark Austin. Sharon had only mentioned the names of the bodies she had maimed and the man she had murdered towards the end, as Disquiet gripped her more and more. Apparently, Mark had been an actor, a teen heartthrob on some soap opera who had basically disappeared after his big show got cancelled. So he lived by himself working some dead-end job until Sharon showed up at his door and killed him. He needed a way to find out more about "himself."

                              Well, uh- Katerina..." He gave her another big smile and gave her his contact information. He then leans in and whispers, "If I could ask a favor Katerina, don't tell any of your friends you bumped into me today, alright? It'll be just our little secret." Then he gave her a wink.

                              Adonis is going to try and make her keep quiet. Manipulation 3 + Persuasion 3 + Lure 2 + Famous Face 1 = 9 dice -> holy crap, 3 successes on a single dice! That's another Exceptional Success and the Swooning Condition all over again. I am so glad I decided to Calcify Eros. Hoping to try out Assimilate and Stalker, and Eris for that matter, in the next chapter.

                              Comment


                              • The Throng

                                Katerina almost shudders as the Muse's- Mark's -lips brush her ear, and he slips a piece of paper into a hand that reflexively curls around it to brush his fingers. A little higher up, and she would have felt the ridges of his stitching that attached a pop star's talented hands to the sculpted arms of a heartthrob actor. Adonis might be prettier than the rest of them, his sutures cleaner, but he's as much a patchwork as Regret... maybe even more so. The police cadet nods vigorously, and beams a smile when he offers a wink.

                                "Yes, of course! Take all the time you need, I don't want to hold you up. Besides, you need your privacy, right? That's why you never did anything after your show."

                                She walks off to fetch a roll of yellow police tape to mark off the street corner torn apart by a Firestorm, and what is left of the bodies of the men that Mark 5 tore limb from limb. The street has gone quiet, the crowd is already dispersing, except for the drunk, lying on the pavement, propped up on one arm, cursing and spitting and weeping just a little. Some people offer Earth a suspicious look or two, but most don't care. Whatever animosity they had for her seems... lessened. Scout wanders ahead, muttering to himself, out of sight, but not out of mind, easily close enough for his potent Azothic Radiance to butt up against theirs. Apart from Katerina, absent-mindedly, as if in a dream, following procedure, the street is empty now.

                                Five Pilgrims standing still on a road, looking for a way forwards.

                                There are sirens getting closer. The paramedics will be here soon. Time to get out of the area and find themselves a secluded place to heal.

                                OOC: Adonis gains the Connected (Katerina) Persistent Condition. Everyone can make a Wits + Streetwise roll to find an out of the way source of electricity. A generic success will give you the equivalent of a Wall Socket (4B per turn), a roll with a -1 will give you the equivalent of a Protective Fence (6B per turn), a roll with a -2 will give you the equivalent of a Junction Box (8B per turn), and a roll with a -3 will give you the equivalent of a Main Line Feed (10B per turn). Most of you, to heal fully without shorting the source, won't need more than the equivalent of a Protective Fence.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X