Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[IC] (Promethean: The Created 2E) Muddy Waters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mark 5
    Conditions: Tenacious, Guilty, Inspired
    Tilts: Arm Wreck
    Alembics: Hygeius (0), Motus (3), Charites (0), Unbroken (0), Unconquered (0), Unfettered (0)
    Health:OOOOOOOOOOOOO | Willpower: 4/6 | Pyros: 6/11 | Beats: 1/5 | Vitriol Beats: 0/5
    Experiences: 3 I Vitriol Experiences 1

    Mark 5 scoffed at being called a weapon, but agreed with the idea of distracting them. He'd be able to hold out the longest, so he was the logical choice.
    "No fire. We will not risk killing Adonis, Isla, and the others, that would defeat the purpose of saving them! Think harder.
    Getting information is a good idea, though. If we want a plan, we need information. Sadly, the one who'd know most about Amagalma is Adonis.
    Also, I volunteer for distraction. In addition, we need a strike team. You and Earth, so you can track them down and Earth can take care of the threats. And someone else to help out.
    If you want a threat response threat, we could try going for an Earthquake."

    Comment


    • Scout
      Conditions: Introspective, Inspired (Alchemy), Informed (Amalgama LTD), Disquiet 2 (Amalgama), Steadfast, Tormented
      Alembics: Heed the Call (0) Plumb the Fathoms (0) Internalize (0) Weaponize (0)
      Health: OOOOOO | Willpower: 6/6 | Pyros: 8/13 | Beats: 2/5 | Vitriol Beats: 4/5
      XP: 1 | VXP: 1


      Scout frowned, "An earthquake would give away our intent. We need a localized destructive force they can believe is a ongoing incident, but not easily contained. The fire suppression systems they likely maintain will be unlikely to allow it to damage their collection. It will, however, draw them out. The fire will draw first responders and evacuate others from it's reach,
      possibly the building. Then we can get in, get Adonis and your friends, steal their research and destroy the labs. If we short out the power along the way, it will be blamed on the fire, and increase the chaos of the scene. Leaves us more time to work.
      "

      Comment


      • Louis Riel Bridge

        Several hours pass in the frozen dirt beneath the bridge. Mark 5 and Scout discuss strategy. Earth dreams and meditates. Eventually, Satin and Solomon return from their walk, the elder Nepri visibly limping and nursing an injury, the Riven looking regretful but far more relaxed than before, the haze of Torment gone from them. They have settled back into the androgynous form that is most recognizable as them. Solomon takes hold of the generator again, breathing a sigh of relief as mummified flesh knits itself back together. This is not terribly relevant to Earth, however, who is dreaming their way into Azothic Memory, forcing an Elpis Vision to come upon them. And it does so magnificently.

        Earth dreams of endless fields of rolling banks of ash, a field of dark grey and stark white. There is a river of liquid mercury lapping at the ashen shore, and above the sky is a mandala of rolling flames, golden and white predominant, but shot through with cherry reds, royal indigos, verdant greens. Strange formations in the sky formed of smoky cloud and lightning whirl, the symbols for the alchemical metals. The symbols of the Refinements. The black-handed figure of white flame is waiting for Earth. They walk towards them, and where they step flowers and vines covered in thorns sprout forth from the ash. They point with their hand of black flame out into the middle distance, where Earth can see a stumbling porcelain figure, made so thin that you can see the blood that the hollow vessel has been filled with. Nearby, an ashen figure, looming and menacing, a coat of white ash and flickering white flames surrounding a solid black interior, charges towards them at a full sprint. Earth gathers lightning, but the manifestation of Azoth stays their hand, and the two figures freeze just before they collide.

        There are no words, there never are, but there is something there that the storm clouds and wild winds that always surrounded Earth kept them from hearing before. The sound of breathing, light and gentle, like someone in restful repose, and then that breathing began to harmonize with the rush of the wind, with the crackle of flame, with the flow of the river. The universe vibrated in anticipation of the Word, the thing before Creation, the thing before Earth was born. But it would not come.

        Earth can see a stout woman in the distance, starring at the swirling corona of flames in the heavens, as ashen beasts of silver and shadow looking vaguely like the creature Satin had transformed into circle her. They stand defiant, shot through with power, shot through with... Iron.

        ​OOC: Caladriu alright, so, here's the Elpis Vision. Your next Major Milestone is "Not all battles are yours to fight". And I think I gave sufficient clues to indicate who will be important on the next step of Earth's Pilgrimage, but let me know if I am wrong.

        Amalgama LTD

        It doesn't take long for the van to reach the Amalgama building. The doors stay closed for a while, but the Captain emerges, careful to keep herself between whoever was outside the van and the contents of its interior. Even through the sound-proofed doors, Adonis can hear the heated argument.

        "What in the fuck do you think you were doing? You are a goddamn biomedical corporation, not a paramilitary group! We were told you had finally gone to Oodena to retrieve that resource stockpile you keep saying you intended to get at, but the Government of Canada sure as shit didn't authorize the use of high explosives to retrieve it! You do know the Forks is one of the biggest tourist destinations in the city, right? People are already suggesting terrorism! The blast was big enough to simulate an earthquake and risk damages to the Canadian Museum for Human Rights. What in the hell did you use? Whatever this universal solvent you keep talking about is, I seriously doubt it warrants underground blasting at that magnitude."

        "Look, if you would like to take it up with my superiors, you can, but then you would have to eventually call up the chain of command to Project Magnet."

        The room suddenly goes dead quiet, even the machinery operating in the loading bay seems to be silent. The person behind the first voice sighs.

        "This facility is intended, first and foremost, for the advancement of medical technology. Your universal catalyst and solvent you people keep talking about had better deliver, because letting you run free like this? Doing whatever the fuck you want? I'd say it definitely counts as breaking the Hippocratic Oath. Thin ice. Thin. Ice."

        The rest of the processing goes more or less without incident. Tom eventually panics, the stress of captivity and the lack of his anchoring object leading to him flaring with immense amounts of Pyros in an attempt to flee, but he very quickly runs out and his manacles still hold firm. Though a Wasteland should have formed from that, it didn't. The facility seems immune to it. Isla stays very quiet, aping what she thinks children should be in an effort to appear harmless, but the people in the hazmat suits appear unmoved. They are stripped of their clothing and belongings, which are stored in small crates marked "Psychological Evaluation" and given simple undyed jumpsuits to wear. The four Pilgrims are separated, put into different cells which each have just enough room for a mostly upright system of restraint and a technician or two to step in and take samples. Adonis is strapped down, hands and feet lashed with manacles, electrodes attached to his head, and two IVs inserted into his arm, except they more strongly resemble siphons to extract material than anything else.

        Eventually, a man in a lab coat marked with the Amalgama logo walks up and taps on the thick glass on the door to the Muse's tiny cell. The doctor is wearing a worn polo shirt under the lab coat, his dark curly hair cropped close to his head, small glasses sitting on a pronounced nose, smiling in a way carefully honed by years of practice in bedside manner to be reassuring.

        "Do you know what you are?"


        My Homebrew Hub

        Comment


        • Earth
          Conditions: Patient, Watched, Shaken, Inspired
          Alembics: Verto (0), Stereo Humour (0), Arc (0)
          Health: OOOOOOOOOO | Willpower: 5/5 | Pyros: 4/12 | Beats: 0/5 | Vitriol Beats: 3/5

          Earth awakens.

          "So. We start a fire on their territory, we go in while they're runnin' around, we get the others, we break their expensive china and get out. I'm for it. Just as long as everything happens inside that's gotta happen. Without the spark, the Fire never starts."

          That felt like an echo of the vision, or the Frozen Pilgrim. Earth smacks their head.

          "Think I got meltwater in my ear. Are we goin', or what?"


          2E Legacy Updates
          Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
          Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
          Storm Keepers

          Comment


          • Adonis
            Conditions/Tilts: Masked (Refinement), Connected (Erwin, Persistent; Katerina, Persistent) Disquiet (Waitress, Stage 1), Callous, Beaten Down, Drugged
            Alembics: Eros (1), Assimilate (0), Stalker (0), Eris (0)
            Health: LLLLLOO I WP: 5/5 I Pyros 6/10
            Beats: 0/5 I Vitriol Beats: 0/5
            Experiences: 2 I Vitriol Experiences 2


            Adonis stares at the doctor for a few seconds. "Yeah, I do. The question is, do you?" The drugs have slowed his mind, and his blood had chilled a little again. If I can speak, I can control people. I can figure out a way out of this.

            Spending a Pyros to charge Eros. Going to try to use Lure on this guy to get an inside man. Manipulation 3 + Persuasion 3 + Azoth 2 = 8 dice -> 3 successes. If I'm reading the rules for Eros correctly, I get an Exceptional Success on all rolls using Persuasion at 3 successes.



            Haberdasher's Requiem Conversions and Homebrew

            Comment


            • Amalgama, LTD

              The doctor blinks, frowning, and narrows his eyes ever so slightly. They know something is wrong, but they cannot resist. His face relaxes, with a touch of an upturned smile and the beginning of a blush. They adjust their name tag a little, pulling up a chair from the side just out of view. "I do, actually. I'm a doctor. Doctor Roman. An admittedly unusual doctor, but a doctor nonetheless." He sits himself down, and clicks open a pen to start writing.

              "I ended up stumbling across a chemical process that taps into what we here at the company labs call a 'universal catalyst'. A substance which can trigger any sort of complex chemical reaction you can imagine. What totipotent stem cells are to the human body, this universal solvent, what old alchemical texts calls Pyros or the Divine Fire, is to chemistry. It can accomplish incredible things, but its effects are... transitory at best. A stimulant incorporating the universal catalyst can elevate someone in a combat situation far above even the limits of humanity, but only for the span of an hour or two at most. Our competitors can produce permanent gains, and the results are stable instead of unpredictable. In order to produce permanent effects, we require a solvent derived from the universal catalyst that 'fixes' results. But it is extremely rare. The only place it is consistently found is in the flesh of homunculi, such as yourself."

              He adjust his glasses ever so slightly, and continues in a pleasant enough tone

              "A homunculus is a replica human, most easily constructed from human tissue, but it is not a necessary requirement. Your biology, your thought process, everything is being sustained by the universal catalyst. You are, what, a couple years old at most? Ever wonder how you can speak? How you can walk? The catalyst has harnessed pre-existing neural pathways and then continued to grow them! Do you know how remarkable that is? Scans indicate you are developing new neural pathways daily, even though your host body's brain should be done producing new neurons. Using the catalyst in your veins is instinctual for you, chemical processes human researchers must spend months or years learning and developing the proper compounds for is just a matter of reflex and state of mind. Mixing the catalyst with the solvent produces even more exceptional effects, permanently affixing certain reactions as part of your peripheral nervous system, or producing wondrous objects that are difficult, or even impossible, to imitate. Regrettably, the only means we know of producing more of this solvent is by exposing homunculi to intense heat, retrieving the solvent from the ashes of the catalyst."

              The doctor does look upset at this, at which point you notice a surgically small blowtorch mounted near one of your arms. They will send you into Torment repeatedly and reap the rewards of the Vitriol that will slowly accumulate.

              "Fortunately, we are aware of the horrible psychologically scarring side effects, but we know of how to alleviate them. Which is why I am here; to perform a full psychological profile of you."


              My Homebrew Hub

              Comment


              • Earth

                After recharging on the generator to top off their Pyros, Earth trudged with the others in the direction of Amalgama HQ. They huddled in an empty bus stop across the street from the medical building.

                "So...now we start a fire? Or get in their house, first? We're gonna want the Cathars to mess with the guards' heads if we go inside."


                2E Legacy Updates
                Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
                Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
                Storm Keepers

                Comment


                • Scout
                  Conditions: Introspective, Inspired (Alchemy), Informed (Amalgama LTD), Disquiet 2 (Amalgama), Steadfast, Tormented
                  Alembics: Heed the Call (0) Plumb the Fathoms (0) Internalize (0) Weaponize (0)
                  Health: OOOOOO | Willpower: 6/6 | Pyros: 13/13 | Beats: 2/5 | Vitriol Beats: 4/5
                  XP: 1 | VXP: 1

                  Scout had recharged off and on through the night to fill his pyros, and worked at the plan, utilizing the blueprints he'd previously garnered and what he could divine from the information they had on the exact location of the Adonis and company, "Whoever starts the fire will do so on the opposite end of the compound to the entry point. I'll handle that part myself, as I think I'll be the most likely to be able to escape. I'll short out the compounds external electrical power ASAP after that, but you will need to fry any internal power sources they have. Get Adonis and the others. I'm guessing the biggest rooms in the blueprints will be the most likely to hold labs and the test subjects. Scarlet, I'd like to request you assist me on the diversion, in the event things go poorly. I'd rather not have to walk back from being dead this early in my pilgrimage. If you four need to split up, I'd like Solomon to stay with Mark 5, and Satin to stay with Earth. You'll be complimentary forces. I'll likely be invoking a lot of disquiet, so if you can make use of it, do it. Weakening any structural supports you find will be a boon. The less of this place is left standing, the more likely they'll be to abandon the facility."

                  It *could* cause some issues with structural instability, but you'll probably be fine Scout considered as he looked for the best spot to start his distraction.

                  Comment


                  • Mark 5
                    Conditions: Tenacious, Guilty, Inspired
                    Alembics: Hygeius (0), Motus (0), Charites (0), Unbroken (0), Unconquered (0), Unfettered (0)
                    Health:OOOOOOOOOO | Willpower: 4/6 | Pyros: 11/11 | Beats: 1/5 | Vitriol Beats: 0/5
                    Experiences: 3 I Vitriol Experiences 1

                    Mark 5 recharged his Pyros before they left - he would need to be in top form, after all.

                    When they arrived, he waited for Scout to repeat the plan, then nodded towards Solomon. He didn't know this Pilgrim, but Scout was smart - way smarter than the Tammuz. If he said this was a good idea, he was willing to trust him on that. Then he addressed the others, urgently and serious.
                    "Alright. Let us try to stay together as long as possible. I will act as your shield. If there is a Pandoran or similar problem, and that is quite likely, and you have to hit me to get them, do not hesitate to do so." He tried smiling at Earth. "It's worked before, it will again."
                    Truth be told, he was nervous. This was his chance to make up his mistake.
                    "Let's move!"
                    With this, he started collecting Pyros in his body, to suffuse his flesh.

                    OOC: Gathering 2 Pyros to charge Motus 3.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X