VOTE!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VOTE!!!!!

I can't say I don't have preferences regarding this election, but I don't care about that. Everyone who can vote should vote. Period. Obviously you should be educated on all of your candidates, not just the presidential.

The point, though, is that this is your civic duty as an American. It doesn't matter how much "your" candidate pisses me off, or how much you don't trust "my" candidate. Engage in your political process.

Also, there is a lot more to vote on besides the Presidential Election. Lifehacker has a good article on where you can find information on your local ballot.

Make your voice heard! Vote for shit!

And for those non-US forum members, we are really sorry about all this. Don't worry. It will be over soon... we hope.
    Last edited by wonderandawe; 11-08-2016, 11:08 AM.

Are you ready to rage? Discover if you are Brave Enough to fight for the soul of the world.

The Werewolf: the Apocalypse Quest updates on Mondays. All are welcome to vote.

Comment

Do it. Vote. Don't force me to have wasted all my political vitriol online over nothing.

When one is accustomed to privilege, equality seems like oppression.

Comment

...unless you have literally no idea what the people you are voting for stand for - voting uninformed is worse than not voting at all.

Might as well decide elections by coin toss if we are going to encourage folk to make uninformed votes.

Not so noble anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake View Post
          ...unless you have literally no idea what the people you are voting for stand for - voting uninformed is worse than not voting at all.

Might as well decide elections by coin toss if we are going to encourage folk to make uninformed votes.
          Hence Widdershawns saying obviously you should be informed on all your candidates, not just the presidential.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake View Post

I am 100% sure that if you've managed to get through the current races without looking into the people running enough to form a opinion on them, then you wouldn't be voting in the first place and anything I posted here wouldn't give you the impetus to do so.

When one is accustomed to privilege, equality seems like oppression.

Comment

Yeah, it would probably help to read all of an initial post before commenting in a thread, and reading all of someone's post before commenting on anything one thinks they said. That being said I voted a little while ago, even after researching what was going to be on my local ballot there were still initiatives on it that weren't in the research. Good thing I had access to a smartphone and Google.

​Anyone else here voting in Florida that thinks the wording of Amendment 1 was some seriously deceptive bullshit? This wasn't the initiative I was referring to earlier, just a tangential thought.

Onyx Path Forum Administrator
              Posts in this color are moderator posts
              Posts in this color mean a Great Old One has driven me mad.
              Forum Terms of Use
              the Contact Us link.

Comment

No, I refuse to vote.

I want the fate of my country in the hands of others! Wait, that's already the case.

Okay, I don't want to be blamed for the shit that comes down from the next administration! Wait, that happens already.

Okay, I'm not going to play the 2 party game because it's flawed. Yeah, that'll do.

((Sent in my mail-in ballot weeks ago, I just wish I could have blocked all the political ads that came along after that.))

- If you must be ridiculous, I must ridicule you.
                - Those that can give up essential liberties in exchange for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Bear View Post

Okay, I'm not going to play the 2 party game because it's flawed. Yeah, that'll do.
                  Mwhahaha! Duverger's Law! You have no choice!

In seriousness, please take the time if you haven't today to read about any propositions, amendments, etc. that are also going to be on your ballots today. These are the things that will affect you far more immediately than whoever's sitting in the White House, barring someone declaring nuclear war within their first hundred days.

Unless you live in San Francisco, then my recommendation to you is to just flip a coin on each of the 42 propositions, because seriously you'll never finish all 223 pages of explanation in time. Additionally, y'all may want to consider installing a republic...

Comment

Is it too late for the Queen to take us back?

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

This guy is willing to give you a chance, at least.

Dex Davican wrote: I can say without exaggeration or dishonesty that I am the most creative man ever to have lived

Comment

Same kind of complaints when Obama 'dared' to run for office and it looked like he was going to win. People are as free now as they were then to live in a monarchy if they don't like democracy.

But England's already building their wall to keep out migrants.

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
                          Britanamerica has a nice ring to it.

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
                            Taxed to fucking hell and back, but free health care, cheap education, elections that put one whole party in charge instead of this partisan bickering, and we get to count ourselves amongst The Beatles, JK Rawling and William and Kate..........might not be such a bad trade.

- If you must be ridiculous, I must ridicule you.
                            - Those that can give up essential liberties in exchange for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGEilqBNKwk

Comment

Working...
                              X