No announcement yet.

VOTE!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I voted. Now I'm going to wait patiently and stay off of all social media and news sites until tomorrow.

On the frontier of the Wild South, there's only one woman with the grit to take on its most dangerous outlaws and bring them Back Alive, or Maybe Dead.

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
      Is it too late for the Queen to take us back?
      Not going to happn unless France takes over the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Bear View Post
        Taxed to fucking hell and back, but free health care, cheap education, elections that put one whole party in charge instead of this partisan bickering, and we get to count ourselves amongst The Beatles, JK Rawling and William and Kate..........might not be such a bad trade.
        I'm waiting to hear the downsides?

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post

Hence Widdershawns saying obviously you should be informed on all your candidates, not just the presidential.
          Widdershawns was sending mixed signals, because yes it was stated that you should be informed in the votes you are making, but it was also stated that anyone capable of voting should do so "period." I wasn't assuming they meant to send mixed signals. I was sharing my opinion that people shouldn't vote if they are just picking a name at random, or worse because the person is on the same 'team' so there is the flawed logic that they think the same thing about most issues as the person voting, which there is no guarantee of.

Not so noble anymore.

Comment

(They/Them/Their) https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/borderland

Comment

Originally posted by TidyGamer View Post

I am 100% sure that if you've managed to get through the current races without looking into the people running enough to form a opinion on them, then you wouldn't be voting in the first place and anything I posted here wouldn't give you the impetus to do so.
              I'm not so sure.

I've met dozens of people that have cast a vote in the past while knowing absolutely nothing about what or who they were voting for. I've even met a few that insist that a person should vote in exactly that way, claiming that it is better to have voted than to have not even if you are literally flipping a coin to make your choices, which is absolute nonsense.

So if there is some potentially informed group that aren't necessarily going to vote for you to tell "Do it. Vote" and have that be worth having said, why is it so hard to believe that there is some group of uninformed people that might be persuaded to vote anyway unless someone says not to muddy the pool because it's important that the result of a vote actually match what the populace wants as closely as it can?

Not so noble anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Darksider View Post
                Yeah, it would probably help to read all of an initial post before commenting in a thread, and reading all of someone's post before commenting on anything one thinks they said.
                If you are talking to me, I did read all of the initial post before commenting. It's kind of rude to imply I didn't, rather than assume that I did and simply took a different meaning to the post than you did or was intended.

I also wasn't commenting on what I think was said - just sharing my opinion on voting practices, and how one shouldn't let the idea of "civic duty" over-power the common sense that one shouldn't be involved in making important decisions if one is clueless on the matters at hand.

Not so noble anymore.

Comment

I voted today. For who? For your Mom.
                  That's right. Your mom.
                  I voted for her.
                  Why? Because I could.
                  Why didn't YOU vote for her??
                  She's your mother! Don't you trust her?
                  I trust your Mom.
                  That's why I voted.
                  For your Mom.

(They/Them/Their) https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/borderland

Comment

[Fry]Shoot, I knew there was something I meant to do today![/Fry]

Naw, just kidding, got out there eeearly this morning. Hope it counts...

Comment

Originally posted by Drake View Post
                      If you are talking to me, I did read all of the initial post before commenting. It's kind of rude to imply I didn't, rather than assume that I did and simply took a different meaning to the post than you did or was intended.

I also wasn't commenting on what I think was said - just sharing my opinion on voting practices, and how one shouldn't let the idea of "civic duty" over-power the common sense that one shouldn't be involved in making important decisions if one is clueless on the matters at hand.
                      I was talking to Charlaquin, but their comment was directed at you so take it for what you will.

Onyx Path Forum Administrator
                      Posts in this color are moderator posts
                      Posts in this color mean a Great Old One has driven me mad.
                      Forum Terms of Use
                      the Contact Us link.

Comment

I was talking to Charlaquin, but their comment was directed at you so take it for what you will.
                        Uhh... I did read all of the initial post?

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

I was concurring with your initial statement. Drake's phrasing in the post you quoted implied that Widdershawns had failed to specifically mention being informed before casting a vote. Since other people had posted between your post and my reply it lost narrative coherence. I wasn't actually picking on Drake, my statement was generalized for a reason.

Onyx Path Forum Administrator
                          Posts in this color are moderator posts
                          Posts in this color mean a Great Old One has driven me mad.
                          Forum Terms of Use
                          the Contact Us link.

Comment

I was concurring with your initial statement. Drake's phrasing in the post you quoted implied that Widdershawns had failed to specifically mention being informed before casting a vote. Since other people had posted between your post and my reply it lost narrative coherence. I wasn't actually picking on Drake, my statement was generalized for a reason.
                            Gotcha. That makes sense.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Originally posted by AzraelFirestorm View Post
                              I voted today. For who? For your Mom.
                              That's right. Your mom.
                              I voted for her.
                              Why? Because I could.
                              Why didn't YOU vote for her??
                              She's your mother! Don't you trust her?
                              I trust your Mom.
                              That's why I voted.
                              For your Mom.
                              Have you loved someone's mom today?