Meanwhile in Brazil: Black "Fraud"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meanwhile in Brazil: Black "Fraud"

So, of course us Brazilians do not have thanksgiving. Still, a tradition from around these times that stores everywhere in here have copied since a few years back is the Black Friday.

It works a bit different in here, though. As the date approaches, a lot of places start increasing their prices little by little, and then comes our Black Friday they offer those huge discounts and promotions - that just leave things at their normal price range from before the preparatory price spike.

So, it became common here to call it "Black Fraude" (Black Fraud). Everything for half of the double.

You need a picture altered to fit your Exalted character, or just looking for some visual inspiration? Check out the twice-reborn Exaltification thread. And here is my Deviantart page

Søren Kierkegaard + Kim Kardashian = Brilliance

...Damn that is lame...

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Wow, that is lame.

Comment

In Spain we had similar problems. Now they are more thigtly monitored to avoid that.

I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

Comment

On the bright side, no one here is under the risk of being trampled by an out-of-control savings-hungry horde XD

You need a picture altered to fit your Exalted character, or just looking for some visual inspiration? Check out the twice-reborn Exaltification thread. And here is my Deviantart page

Søren Kierkegaard + Kim Kardashian = Brilliance

Comment

Originally posted by danelsan View Post
            So, of course us Brazilians do not have thanksgiving. Still, a tradition from around these times that stores everywhere in here have copied since a few years back is the Black Friday.

It works a bit different in here, though. As the date approaches, a lot of places start increasing their prices little by little, and then comes our Black Friday they offer those huge discounts and promotions - that just leave things at their normal price range from before the preparatory price spike.

So, it became common here to call it "Black Fraude" (Black Fraud). Everything for half of the double.
            You say that as if no store ever before has swindled people with fake discounts ever before.

Comment

In Canada we now have black friday sales, and we do have Thanksgiving, its just that its in October, no where near black friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Beriorn View Post
                You say that as if no store ever before has swindled people with fake discounts ever before.
                No, I think they're just stating what happens in Brazil, that Black Friday is a bit of a rip off at a national level.

Comment

Working...
                X