Kek and meme magic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kek and meme magic

Okay I've been reading lately about Kek, aka Pepe and Meme magic and damn this weird. These 4e Chan guys are convinced they caused President Donald Trump and a bunch of other weird shit to happen.

As a neopagan I'm familiar with idea Chaos magic, but damn this whole thing is weird.

Can we maybe not have a thread about the current running joke on the most racist part of one of the most toxic communities on the internet?

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Its more about meme magic and can it be harnessed for good instead of 4chan evil.

I don't support racist stupidity on 4chan, but I am interested in this weird shit.

Comment

If you're at all interested we have an amusing discussion about this for Mage the Ascension where I touched on the whole "meme magic" thing - http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...-2016-election

*EDIT* It's important to remember though, the whole thing about meme magic and all that is that it is, itself a meme and just a joke that /pol/ on 4chan and other groups on reddit like to toss around for the absurdity, especially when people actually start taking it seriously. The most important thing to realize with groups like that is that nearly anything they say should be taken as satire or irony or a joke, and the moment you start taking it seriously is the moment they "win."

That said, however the whole thing with the memes on 4chan is fairly interesting, especially in the idea of repurposing memes. /pol/ on 4chan did exactly that, taking the old and fairly popular meme of the frog Pepe, dressing it up in Nazi regalia and getting everyone to identify that frog as a symbol of white supremacy.
        Last edited by AnubisXy; 12-04-2016, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubisXy View Post
          If you're at all interested we have an amusing discussion about this for Mage the Ascension where I touched on the whole "meme magic" thing - http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...-2016-election

*EDIT* It's important to remember though, the whole thing about meme magic and all that is that it is, itself a meme and just a joke that /pol/ on 4chan and other groups on reddit like to toss around for the absurdity, especially when people actually start taking it seriously. The most important thing to realize with groups like that is that nearly anything they say should be taken as satire or irony or a joke, and the moment you start taking it seriously is the moment they "win."

That said, however the whole thing with the memes on 4chan is fairly interesting, especially in the idea of repurposing memes. /pol/ on 4chan did exactly that, taking the old and fairly popular meme of the frog Pepe, dressing it up in Nazi regalia and getting everyone to identify that frog as a symbol of white supremacy.
          Its very interesting.

I'm thinking thinking of Bast vs. Kek. Goddess of Cats whose job it was to get rid of vermin, Goddess of the Sun and later the Moon (Light to Kek's Darkness). Sadly I don't really know how to get a Meme started.

Comment

Working...
          X