This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banned users

I have noticed an awful lot of banned users, including people I've talked to just recently. This is not entirely a bad thing; as an
    (untransitioned) trans woman, this forum is the only safe place I have to be myself, and I am very grateful to you guys for providing it. However, this is a lot of people being banned, and I can't help but wonder who's going to be next. If someone could please respond and let me know my fears are groundless, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Colleen
    Last edited by JulianMoon; 12-27-2016, 03:12 PM.

My name is Colleen. My favorite song is "Wildwood Flower." My ambition is to write the complete history of the White Wolf/Onyx Path universe.

"Disputes between community members and the moderators, web administrators or Onyx Path staff should be handled privately, as should discussion of site policy and moderator actions. To discuss problems or concerns, use the Contact Us link.‚Äč"

I'll cut you a break this time and give you an answer, though you should read the terms of use. If someone breaks the rules of the forums they are subject to suspension of posting privileges. Personal/group attacks are the most common cause of temporary suspensions, repeated violations of this nature will result in permanent bans. Creating sock puppet accounts will automatically result in permanent bans. There are other offenses that can result in suspensions as well (at the moderators' discretion), the length of time being dependent on the severity of the offense.

Onyx Path Forum Administrator
    Posts in this color are moderator posts
    Posts in this color mean a Great Old One has driven me mad.
    Forum Terms of Use
    the Contact Us link.

Comment

Originally posted by JulianMoon View Post
      I have noticed an awful lot of banned users, including people I've talked to just recently. This is not entirely a bad thing; as an
      (untransitioned) trans woman, this forum is the only safe place I have to be myself, and I am very grateful to you guys for providing it. However, this is a lot of people being banned, and I can't help but wonder who's going to be next. If someone could please respond and let me know my fears are groundless, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Colleen
      Also note that a user having "banned" under their username doesn't necessarily mean they have been permanently banned. That happens no matter the length of the ban, and More often than not when you see a user who has been "banned" it is a temporary suspension and they may be back within a week to a month.
      Last edited by Charlaquin; 12-28-2016, 02:30 AM.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

Working...
      X